Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of Simbria

Comments

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Sprottenham I do agree with Tamijo, from a writers point of view! It is interesting to many readers! I think your solution sounds good, too.
    I for sure don't wish to influence your writing or game play, It is important to me that you do what you want! :)

I think you are a good writer! And I will continue to read! :)
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited May 2021
    Chapter 2.2 – Don't be afraid of the horizon
    Cold is the wind, starless the night
    Rain pouring down when the last one arrives
    So many stories, telling of pain
    Are told by the freaks they've been throwing away
    - Edguy, "Jerusalem"

Deng Osman and Mohamed Khaled were two of the refugees that had fleed from Genaro Molokai. Back in their home country they were strangers to each other, as they lived in two different towns, but had become close friends during their hazardous escape, as well as from staying together at the hospital. Deng Osman didn't have any personal belongings on him upon arrival, and Mohamed Khaled only had a university diploma showing he had completed a degree in medicine.

50880956596_9d2eaa7076_b.jpg
    Picture: Little Black Mary's Hill hospital, B-building

They had, like many others, suffered serious trauma as a result of the ongoing war in their home country, so much that their original personality traits had been completely changed and they were no longer themselves. Their new personality traits were not of the good kind, and had caused them a lot of trouble and suffering, hence it was declared they had to undergo treatment.
    A typical hospital stay would last one season. For each stay at the hospital, one of their traits would be cured given that treatment was successful. After successful treatment the trait will revert back to the trait they were born with. This may also have an impact on the patients life time wish.

Mohamed had just finished his last session of his second round at the hospital, meaning that two of his traits had been attempted cured.

(Spoiler contains a short explanation on how I do it and how I came up with this idea in the first place.)
    The after treatment personality trait is determined by rolling the dice in the Create a Sim editor. I came up with the idea of playing around with personality traits after I installed the Nraas Master Controller Mod allowing me to edit sims in game. Then I needed a backstory to explain why all their personality traits were changed, and that's how this whole thing with war and traumatized refugees came up, because I needed a backstory that could revert a sims personality completely, and this was the worst I could think of... Hopefully this does not come off as me trying to stereotype refugees as being one way or another.

For Mohameds first stay, the mean trait was the one to be cured, and though treatment went according to plan, the trait did not change. It was concluded that the mean trait observed in Mohamed was not a result of trauma, but had to be an inborn trait (see patients journals below).

As mandated by law, he was thus released from hospital. It didn't take long, however, before he got arrested by the police because of his criminal career choice. As he still had traumatized traits, he was offered another round of treatment, which he accepted.

Deng Osman had not been at the hospital before now, but had been seeking out treatment at the doctor's office. There he had been going to regular therapy sessions with Psychiatric Holm-Fredriksen. It didn't turn out all that well, though, as the mean trait he had received from trauma was only partially fixed then, and he left with a trait of disliking children.

Treatment at the hospital this time around was more successful for both of them, as noted in their medical journals.

50880243163_70d7e27fa5_c.jpg
    Mohamed Khaleds journal. Consequence of treatment: Life time wish changed from Emperor of Evil to Chess Legend.

50880960366_e380b597d4_c.jpg
    Deng Osmans journal. Consequence of treatment: None. Life time wish of Illustrious Author contained.

So now I will turn to them, and see how they are doing just before leaving the hospital.

It was early evening on one of the first days of summer, and Deng Osman was working out in the fitness room on the second floor of the B-building at the mental hospital.

50880956571_aafb4b9613_b.jpg

Downstairs in the kitchen Mohamed Khaled was preparing a mac and cheese dinner.

50881059532_dcd6228ece_b.jpg

50880239733_8fc0b68a12_b.jpg

Mohamed: You know, with all that we've been through, both of us probably have enough material to write books about all this crap...

Deng: Yeah, it certainly hasn't been all sunshine, I'll tell you that.. maybe with time we could get together and do something about it. The world certainly needs to know. I got plenty on my mind to make illustrations for the book as well.

The night before their release was, well.. quite dark, stormy and rainy only lit up by the occasional flash of lightning.

50880239718_caca66b399_b.jpg
    Picture: Little Black Mary's Hill hospital by night.

The next morning they were eating some left over waffles for breakfast, and Deng made it clear that no, he had no sense of humor, and didn't have much interest in toys, fun and games and the like.

50881092841_6acc1780ce_b.jpg

After breakfast, it was time to leave.

50880956441_1b068b195e_b.jpg

Deng leaving the hospital. Mohamed followed shortly thereafter.

Though they are dismissed they will be monitored by the hospital for the next couple of months in case they slip again or get apprehended by the authorities. If so happens they will be offered another round of treatment. Maximum number of treatments they can be offered is five. The hospital and its staff wishes them the best of luck!

----
    Post edited 11.05.2021 to fix broken image links.
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Sprottenham:
    Like the little detail with the psychiatrically treatment to edit their personality. Love when it is possible to create a storyline around any action we take, and good luck to Mohamed and Deng sure hope they won’t be back, cant be nice to have your brain twisted like that.

Liked you HM, a band I do not know.
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

@Sprottenham ''Mohamed Khaled only had a university diploma showing he had completed a degree in medicine.'' Ah well that got my attention! Now of course my mind is running wild with possibilities! :)

I really like your explanation of the traits and how they became changed because of the war, and how the treatment process works.

Great update!

and if they are roommates when Mohamed is mean to Deng, well Deng can just bore him to sleep! :D
    edited January 2021
    Thank you for the comments!

@Tamijo Yeah, they have some struggles, but I see improvement already. When they first came to town, there were 8 of them, and they all lived in the same building temporarily before the town could find proper apartments to them. It was a mess! I don't know how many times they burnt the stove, and it escalated into yelling and near constant fighting with each other. It was almost painful to watch. When they got their own apartments and could live alone was the first major improvement. For some that worked, for others, not so much. Not everyone of them had to go to the hospital.

@DivaDoodle Mohamed hasn't been mean to Deng as far as I have seen. They seem to be good friends. I'm also curious about his degree in medicine. All of a sudden I saw that he had one, and I don't know myself where it comes from. :p Hopefully, we will find out eventually! :p

Also, I added profiles of the original sims, now the grandparents of my main families in the prologue section. Putting in spoiler here, so you won't have to scroll back to read.
    Ingmar Motorsen

Ingmar Motorsen was born in his parents little farm house in 1953. His parents were Rolf Motorsen (8.4.1920 – 10.10.1996) and Else Kari Motorsen (10.6.1922 – 1.2.2000). Both his parents were tenant workers at the farm of the Geekmos family. Ingmar Motorsens childhood was alright. His parents made enough to get by and to feed him and his three other siblings. His older brother, Svein Motorsen, and his two younger sisters, Marit and Grethe Motorsen.
    Ingmar went to school in the nearby town of Enebakk. It was in the schools library he found some old books written by 18th century chess legend H.K.H. Høigaffel. The then young Ingmar lost himself in these books and this inspired him to be a chess legend.
    In 1976 he married Eirin Jensen, the cute girl working at the local coffee shop. Eirin took the Motorsen name after marriage. The young couple wanted to move to the big city of Wad Nahadau, but prices were to expensive. In 1977 they moved to Sunset Valley, and the following year they gave birth to their first daughter, Ranveig.

Eirin Motorsen (maiden name: Jensen)

Eirin Jensen was born at the Little Enebakk hospital in 1954 to her parents Einar Jensen (14.7.1919 – 30.10.1972) and Aslaug Jensen (10.4.1919 – 3.5.2004). Eirin was their only child. Aslaug worked as a teacher at the local school, and Einar was a mechanic at the local tractor and car shop. The family tried for many years when Eirin grew up to hide that Einar had a drinking problem. This wasn't always easy for Eirin.

The couple finally divorced in 1968 when Eirin was 14 years old. It was after this she started working part time at the local coffee shop, as things went downhill with her father after this and Eirins mother didn't get any money for child support. He died four years later from a stroke. Eventually, Eirin fell in love with this nerdy guy that would always hang out at the coffee shop, Ingmar Motorsen. They married in 1976, she took his name and they moved to Sunset Valley the following year.

Asgeir Karlsen

Asgeir Karlsen was born in 1952 at the Tavastehus Hospital to parents Bjarne Karlsen (12.12.1916 – 23.8.1999) and Gunvor Karlsen (1.4.1918 – 2.3.2003). Asgeir has two older brothers, Magne and Frank Karlsen. His mother was a painter and writer, and his father was a sailor on trading ships that went across the Westphalian Sea, meaning he would be away for months at a time. This left the mother alone with three children. It was hard, but the pay Bjarne got was nice.
    While his two brothers were out and about, Asgeir preferred to hang around his mother, greatly fascinated by her paintings or the books in her shelf. After graduating from high school, Asgeir took a part time job at the Tavastehus Hospital, and this is were he met Lucie Lehtoranta at the time a young nurse working at the hospital. They fell in love and married in 1975. In 1977 they moved to Sunset Valley.

Lucie Karlsen (maiden name: Lehtoranta) (Warning: This is the darkest of the stories.)

Lucie Lehtoranta was born in 1955 at the Pamtere Hospital to parents Tahvo Lehtoranta (11.12.1920 - 5.6.2000) and Kerttu Lehtoranta (2.3.1925 – 10.1.2009). Tahvo and Kerttu were both working as surgeons at the Pamtere Hospital. They were strict parents and demanded that Lucie and her older brother Jaska (3.10.1950 – 8.7.1965) always got the best grades in school. They had already decided that their children should also reach the top of the medical career.
    As Jaska got into his teens, he would no longer listen to his parents. He often ran away from home and could be away for days and weeks sometimes. This was a great distress for the parents, and it got even worse when his body was found at the bottom of a lake one morning in 1965. After this the parents divorced and Kerttu moved with Lucie to the smaller town of Tavastehus where Lucie finished school. The years were hard for 10 year old Lucie now.

She had within a year lost both her brother and her father and had just moved to a new town. On top of that, her mother was as strict as ever. Her mother eventually softened up though, and in spite of all this, Lucie still grew up wanting to excel in the medical career. After she finished high school, she got a job at the Tavastehus Hospital and began to climb the ranks. She eventually fell in love with an aspiring writer and painter that also worked part time at the hospital, Asgeir Karlsen. The couple married and she took his last name. In 1977 they moved to Sunset Valley.

Egil Kråkesen

Egil Kråkesen was born early morning on New Years Day of 1952 at the Borlänge Hospital to parents Kerstin Kråkesen (3.4.1918 – 17.05.2004) and Lars Kråkesen (6.8.1920 – 12.05.2004). The young Kerstin worked as an intern at the town hall, and would eventually become the towns mayor. Egils father Lars was the founder of the to-become mega-corporation TelComNor. Egil has one younger sister, Liv Kråkesen.

Egil always looked up to his father and wanted to follow in his footsteps, and was already set on his path to one day become the CEO of TelComNor. Egils childhood was good as the family always had what they needed and then some. In 1972 he fell in love with Frida Söderbärke, a young local athlete. They had an on an off relationship for a couple of years before going steady. In 1975 they decided to marry. In 1977 they moved to Sunset Valley, and Egil Kråkesen established the TelComNor regional office in town, later to become the TelComNor Headquarters.

Frida Kråkesen (maiden name: Söderbärke)

Frida Söderbärke was born at the Borlänge Hospital late summer of 1956 to parents Emil Katthult Söderbärke (18.12.1909 – 01.04.1992) and Astrid Lind Söderbärke (14.11.1907 – 28.01.2002). Fridas father Emil was an avid gardener and botanist. Fridas mother Astrid was an award winning novelist and screenplay writer, famous for her childrens books.
    Frida has two older brothers, Lasse and Bosse. Frida early on showed in interest in sports and athleticism, first signing up for the local cheerleading team, and eventually switching grounds to the local womens soccer team. It was after a match with the soccer team she first met Egil Kråkesen. He sought her out after the game, because he was so impressed by her work on the field.

She didn't care much for him at first, dismissing him only as a rabid fan, but he kept on pursuing her, and eventually they ended up in some kind of relationship that went on and off for a few years before deciding to marry. When they married in 1975 she took the name Kråkesen, and two years later they moved to Sunset Valley.
    th1das9.png
    edited May 2021
    Chapter 2.3 – Who wants to be a painter man?
    Painter Man, Boney-M

The first thing Deng wanted to do after he got out, was to follow his life time wish and take a painting class at The School for gifted children. After that he went to the Sunset Valley Art Association to practice his new painting skills.

50886415568_c64ee3465b_b.jpg
    Photo: Deng Osman visiting Sunset Valley Art Association.

Some background history of the Sunset Valley Art Association.

They say there are no rules in art, and that there used to be some wild parties here back in the day, believe it or not. Particularly in the 1940s, perhaps as an after effect of having recovered from The Great War and being able to enjoy freedom again. It used to be a scene for rampant bohemianism. Funny herbs, woohoo and rock music of the era were plentiful, often playing at full volume until day break. Not unlikely that many children were conceived at these parties.

50887251527_f0962bb367_b.jpg
    Picture: Sunset Valley Art Association, established 1902.

However, the situation escalated in the early 1950s, when it began to attract a much shadier crowd of organized criminals. These almost mob-like hooligans sought influence in the clubs administration, and thus got access to use it as a locale for their own illegal business. Consequently the Art Association was shut down in the early spring of 1955 following a serious of police raids uncovering widespread use and dealings of illegal substances and even what seemed like organized courtesan activities occuring on the premises. It reopened in 1956 under a new leadership appointed by the town council, and has since cleaned up its act.
    The bohemians are dead. Long live the bohemians.

Anyway, enough history lessons, back to present time.

50887135756_82d435a89e_b.jpg

Deng wasn't sure why this woman with a weird looking hat was just standing there. He found it both awkward and a bit uncomfortable. Maybe she's part of an art project or something. Who knows? The Art Association no doubt still attracts a wide variety of different people...
    He managed to ignore her, though, and keep on with his painting. His skills weren't all that great yet. The final result of his painting used only two colours and was of a pretty simple shape, but he was learning. And he was sure that one day, he would make it.

50887245542_b340702511_b.jpg

After the painting was done, it was off to work. As he worked through the night, he was dead tired when his shift was over. Slept for well into the day, before going to the park the next day to join an eating contest.

50887135726_3ffdf67ca5_b.jpg
    From left to right: Deng Osman, Kristen Wennevold (random resident), Mortimer Goth (forgot to shower before he went out) and Fengselsdirektør (Prison Warden) Holm-Fredriksen.

Mortimer Goth won the eating contest, and after that Deng Osman went home to, well, just read a book before it was back to work again. However... his shift was cut short by...

50887245532_df71266da0_b.jpg

..being arrested by the police. So.. according to game rules it was back to the hospital and therapy sessions with Psychatric Holm-Fredriksen, which apparanly means sitting on the couch watching action movies.

50887245502_5383ffcbee_b.jpg

Well, as long as it works then I suppose it's good enough. I'm not a doctor, so I probably shouldn't meddle to much with how they do it at the hospital. :p

I just hope he will learn sooner than later, that maybe he should quit his criminal career and find a real job.. or this is going to keep happening until he has exhausted all his chances. Unfortunately, this means the chapter has to end a bit short here.

th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham
    Love the background story about the Art institution and also the building.
    Darn Mortimer back at the Hospital :/

Nothing good to say about Boney-M, sorry
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

@Sprottenham sometimes weird things just happen like his degree! When I first was having Max go get a job that he wished for, all of a sudden I noticed he had a LTW to be the surgeon! But he never had a wish for that, weird! Sometimes we never find out!

I love the pink building! "Not unlikely that many children were conceived at these parties." hahaha

I wish I were there in the '40's! not that I have one ounce of artistic ability! ;) The whole beatnik era fascinates me!
    Artists mingling about in their beret's, playing bongo drums with reefeers between their lips! wow what a time!

''The bohemians are dead. Long live the bohemians.'' :D

OMG his therapy session! :D

No! LOL I hope the chapter never ends! hahaha

Gosh this is so great! I feel sorry for all the people missing out! if you don't wish to post on the what happened thread you can just put it in the general discussions, like RedDestiny's channel surfing! or just let the masses suffer. :D your choice, of course! ;)

Anyway I enjoyed it immensely! :)
    edited January 2021
    @Tamijo Yeah, I get what you're saying about Boney-M. Never really been a fan of them myself, except for maybe when I was 8 and thought the bass line from "Daddy Cool" was the greatest thing ever. :p I am more of a hard rock/heavy metal fan, but I think its a good idea to go for variation in choice of music, nonetheless.

I was thinking about another song "Bohemen leve" by Norwegian band "Postgirobygget", but as that is a norwegian song, I didn't post it. The line "The bohemians are dead, long live the bohemians" is a translation of a line from that song. Though more relevant to the background history of the Art Association and not Deng Osman. Deng Osman is more innocent in that regard. He does not care about excessive partying. He just wants to paint.

@DivaDoodle Yeah, I have "always" been fascinated by those that live differently from everyone else, whether they do so by choice or happenstance. The background history for the Art Association was inspired by the 1920s period after WWI as well as the hippie movement of the 60s.

Oh, I probably should have posted this in the what happened thread, but I stopped doing that as I saw this as a side story, and I felt that the background story for this part wasn't all that relevant as it didn't include much actual game play. I have never been comfortable drawing attention to myself, but I'll look into a way of condensing the last two sub-chapters into an update and post it there. Thank you for your kind and positive words. :smile:
    th1das9.png
    edited May 2021
    I'm a little slow with updating as it is starting to be a while ago since I actually played this part. This chapter should also be longer. This is Mohamed Khaleds chapter.

Chapter 2.4 – What's up with these old people?

Follwing Deng around, I had to leave Mohamed alone for a while, but I guess he was doing alright. When I turned to him, he was at home checking the weather forecast.

50907984391_b824a8ea70_b.jpg

And it said... heatwave incoming. So, time to plan a proper summer outfit before hitting the beach.

50907287373_e59d9f5704_b.jpg
    As you may see, the homes the town found for the refugees are among the basic, standard type. These homes were built in the late 1980s in the New Town area, and were originally meant as cheap homes for young adults moving out of their parents home for the first time. They are owned by the town, and as such they have quite strict regulations. It is not allowed to do any modifications to these homes. All my second generation sims also lived in these homes before they moved out and started their own families.

For his summer outfit he opted for light and pale clothing, a hat for his head and some cool shades. Ah, looking good my friend.

50907311468_d8b802f6ef_b.jpg

Just got to check the stove before heading out. "I don't want the house to catch fire while I'm away!" he probably thought to himself.

50908116372_d04c7f3303_b.jpg

Poor soul has seen enough fire and destruction already, and this has, underneath his surface of self-confident bravado, made him quite neurotic, constantly worrying about when the next disaster will hit.

50907984351_aea9dfdeb0_b.jpg

Aah, this is life.

Mohamed: Heey, what do you say old lady, want to go to the disco with me tonight?

Eirin Motorsen: ....

50907287328_484eda8173_b.jpg

Mohamed: What about a game of chess, yeah?

Eirin: Oh, yeah, sure, lets play a round. I have always enjoyed a game of chess. My name is Eirin, by the way.

50907287313_221bfc0dea_b.jpg

After playing for a while, he decided to ask for her star sign, but she only replied by saying something about a party before running off.

50907984291_378e169417_b.jpg

Mohamed thought it was kind of weird and random, so he decided to go for a swim... with his clothes on.

50907287263_1c81f23c11_b.jpg

He alternated between swimming and resting on the beach before having a picnic after dark.

50908116202_9752d6e4a7_b.jpg

It was really hot out too, and he was sweating like a pig and as it was getting late it was time to go home and go to bed, but only after checking the stove once more, just in case...

The next day after work, he was invited to a party over at Christoffer Steels house. Optimistic that it would be an opportunity to meet some interesting new people, he was quickly disappointed when he found the party to consist of only three old dudes watching television... What a lame party!

50908116167_b0e1efce5e_b.jpg

Oh, come on, seriously? Now its just three old dudes and a broken tv... ew, and whats up with all these fish bowls with rotten fish? This party stinks!

50907984151_55555c236f_b.jpg

"Well, I'm getting hungry so I'm just gonna help myself to some food. There isn't much else to do around here... "

50907984196_c1baf32602_b.jpg

This of course, didn't make him very popular with Christoffer Steele, but he just ignored him completely, eating his food like a boss before heading home for the night.

50907287138_1757b0e2cc_b.jpg

After work the next day, he wanted to call up Ranveig and play chess. So he invited her over to the chess club, but...

50907287123_c2605d8ee1_b.jpg

..the sight of H.K.H. Høigaffels memorial stone made him freak out. I don't want to go into to much detail about why that may be, but lets just say that life in the aforementioned internment camps could be pretty brutal, and for some people cut short for.. reasons. This would naturally leave bodies that needed to be disposed of, and who do you think got that job? Excactly.

When Ranveig saw his reaction, she figured this probably wasn' t the best place to hang out, so she suggested they go and play bowling instead.

50908116037_21e1efac01_b.jpg

And so they did, though it would seem that even the sight of the bowling alley must have brought back some painful memories for him. I'm not going to pry into that now, but leave it to him to tell us more about his backstory when or if the time comes that he is able to do so.

50907287078_914fa5eb2c_b.jpg
    50907287048_daee1f75f6_b.jpg

Clearly, now is not the time. He managed to forget about his worries and sorrows for a while though, once they started bowling, and ended up having plenty of fun during the night.

50908115982_dd74456c0e_b.jpg

And even though Ranveig did pretty good, he was the winner of this round. After playing he got hungry, so he bought a piece of pastry, but.. hold on...

50907984011_88405e062f_b.jpg

Before he had a chance to sit down to eat, Thornton Wolff was already in place and ate the pastry right in front of his eyes!

50908115952_532a1f812c_b.jpg

Mohamed: You've go to be...!? What's wrong with you old people? How dare you steal my food!?

Narrators voice: Well.. ahem ...did you already forget about the party over at Christoffer Steels house?

50907286948_73dec57eaa_b.jpg

Mohamed: Go on! Hush! Get out of here old man!

I guess so..

50907444603_2fff3c4283_b.jpg

So he tried once again to satisfy his hunger with a lime pie, before sitting down to have a chat with Ranveig. However, just as he sat down, his phone rang. Ranveig doesn't look very pleased about the interruption.

50908273342_3a786f5d12_b.jpg

Ranveig mumbled some discontent words to her self, while he answered the phone. This could have been a good opportunity for them to have an indepth conversation. The bowling alley seems to be the place for that, but not this time, it seems.

50907444553_76cde59c97_b.jpg

By some weird coincidence, maybe, the caller was Ingmar, Ranveigs father.

Mohamed: Hello, Ingmar.

Ingmars voice can be heard through the phone, but it is not possible to discern what he says.

Mohamed: Aha... yeah. Yeah, I have just been out bowling with Ranveig.

Mohamed:Alright, I got you. .. No, I wasn't trying to pick up your wife, I was just trying to keep a conversation.

Mohamed: Well, she just ran off, anyway, saying something about a party.

50907444543_d134b02c25_b.jpg

Mohamed: Aha, no, she's good. She's in the back here, helping herself to a drink.

Mohamed: Yeah, yeah, sure old man. Not really, we're just hanging out like friends. Anyway, can you believe this Thornton guy stole my food, right in front of me?

Mohamed: Yes, excactly! I suppose the only good thing about eating out sometimes is you won't have to do the dishes, huh!?

50908273237_8f05f72e32_b.jpg

Mohamed: Hahaha, yeah! Anyway, it's getting late, I can almost hear the bed calling out my name.

Mohamed: Yeah, yeah, its cool, don't worry. Alright, good night old man! Yeah, good night!

50908142171_a333485c93_b.jpg

Mohamed was obviously getting tired, so the narrator thought it best to say goodbye to Ranveig and go home and get some sleep. But then...

50908273212_158cb303c2_b.jpg
    Mohamed: Umm.. whats this? What's happening now?

Ranveig: Well, you just ran off without saying goodbye or dissolve the friend group, so I thought I was supposed to tag along...

...well, I tried to make him do that... but he ignored my 'command' and just ran off...

Mohamed: Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I'm getting tired and my mind must have slipped.. I'll drive you up to my place and drop you off there.

Ranveig: It's alright, mistakes happen. You must have a lot on your mind and it's been a really long day!

50908142101_bbe458a9b0_b.jpg

Outside Mohameds home in the New Town Area.

Ranveig: Thank you for tonight, its been a pleasure. I'm sorry about that guy stealing your food, we aren't all like that around here.

Mohamed: It's alright I guess, I'll square with him later. I had a good time with you today. I'll see you around later, good night!

50908142156_e9163b4bd2_b.jpg

Ranveig: Yeah, if you ever want to hang out, give me a call or send me a message, anytime. Ok, see you later, good night, take care!

And so ends this chapter about Deng and Mohamed. In spite of some unpleasant experiences with the towns elderly population and the occasional breakdown, Mohamed seems to be doing alright. And possibly he has found a trusted friend in Ranveig. Though, I have a few hopes for him. The first being that he will on his own accord seek professional help to deal with his haunting thoughts and memories, and that he, like Deng, will quit his criminal career.

I will get back to them both him and Deng at a later time, as well as the other refugees that came with them. For my next chapter I will introduce the Holm-Fredriksen family and another birthday party. Stay tuned.

---
    th1das9.png

@Sprottenham
    Mohamed found a nice summer outfit
    with his clothes on lol sims
    Great picture at the beach in sunset
    Steeling food, careful remember that hospital.
    Nice day out for Ranveig and Mohamed even though it ended a bit abrupt
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Sprottenham : interesting updates!
    I used to be a history teacher so I had to giggle about your history lesson and all it´s ambiguous hints! I liked to riddle with the historical "facts" given by you and the history it was based of!
    Such a great background information!

I don´t mind at all reading about wars, unfortunately it is humankind´s history that there were always wars....

You have an interesting way of playing with the traits of your Sims. It would be interesting how the change of traits will influence the whole town!

Mohamed had no luck with the old lads, hm?
    The chapter was a fun to read, especially because Mohamed wanted to get friends but only met old people. :D I had to giggle when he asked the old lady to go to a disco and she didn´t answer on that question! :D

Lol about the rotten fish at the party. i have to admit, that I liked the party, so nice and quiet, just watching TV.... :p;)

:D:D Thornton steeling his food! Good for Mohamed that he didn´t want a fight over this.

So Ingmar phoned him to check out Mohamed´s date with his daughter?? :D Must be great to trying to talk to somebody and hearing your father´s voice from the other one´s phone. I hope for them they had a good date....

@Sprottenham I'm always glad when you post on the what happened thread! You have really good ideas and your story is very good and well written! it's for the greater Good! it's for mind expansion! it's For Science! :) otherwise all of minds will become simple and demented if all we read is "my sim went to the store. then used the bathroom, then slept" the end. lol I'm j/k but I hope you know what I mean! :)

I always worry, well not always and not worry, but I really didn't like it when you first started your story and someone told you not to post such long script, and I was all riled up about it and was just going to post that I thought the opposite and found that untrue, but then noticed others of my same thought spoke up! Good!
    But, I wonder if that has influenced you to sometimes not post there. Luckily we have very very few meanies post there, and most people are Very eager to read something good!

sorry to blather on!

love his neurotic trait, it is a fun one! Oh lol asking the old lady to the disco! :D

Nice bathing suit! because we never know when the water will be too cold! very interesting that he didn't change clothes when so hot!

:D 3 old dudes, a broken TV and rotting fish! what a party! But he looks happy! :)

Ranveig had a great idea about bowling look how happy he is to get a strike!

Thornton is so rude! I clearly see him in the above pic at the food counter! don't tell me he couldn't pay, I bet he's still rich! the old bat!

LOL is he shooing him!? hahaha Mohamed is so funny!

Oh so the 'not disco' old lady was Ingmar's wife! Love his phone conversation!

Very fun update! More!
    @AlexaKry Oh, thank you! A history teacher enjoys my story! That's kind of funny, because history used to be my least favorite subject in school, but that was back when I was a teenager. I think quite differently about it now, I guess, but history still isn't an area of expertise for me.

I enjoyed making up this world, because I thought I just couldn't introduce refugees that came out of nowhere, as well as it gives me room to expand or add to the story later as more things may or may not happen. Everything is connected. :p

@DivaDoodle Don't worry about that. I have my own thread and in here I write as I please, and no one gets to have a say, unless they're a moderator or forum owner, of course. :p As for the other thread, I will take a little more caution, but mostly not to overload the thread with pictures. I tried viewing this forum on my slow laptop and threads with lots of images took quite a long time to load. I don't think anyone on this forum have been mean... I feel very welcomed. If I don't post or comment, that is my usual forum behavior. I have been (or am, probably) a member of many forums, but usually I end up reading a lot more than I post. Thank you for the kind words, you are always nice to hear from. :p
    th1das9.png
    edited May 2021
    Chapter 3.1 - The Holm-Fredriksen Family

Holm-Fredriksen Family Tree at the Plum Tree App

I have given the parents of this family names according to the roles I wanted to assign to them. Fengselsdirektør translates to prison warden, and Psykiater translates to psychiatric. When I first made them they first moved into town, they were only supposed to be secondary characters to the story.

50917591583_d12ce38a6a_z.jpg

Map of the New Town area, its buildings and residents. There is a lot going on in this map, and I will probably show it several times. For now, I want you to take note of the Holm-Fredriksen family home (relevant for this chapter) and you may also notice the home of Mohamed Khaled and Deng Osman from chapter two, as well as the hospital in the bottom right.

I'm also going to backtrack a little in time, as this chapter begins at the same time as Deng and Mohamed's departure from the hospital.

50917577628_03600c586b_b.jpg

The Holm-Fredriksen family lives in their funkis styled home in The New Town area. Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen is a leader of the free world at the top of the political career, as well as running Sunset Valley Maximum Security Prison.

50917577608_844fe19d6f_b.jpg

Psykiater Holm-Fredriksen is employed at the Sacreed Spleen Hospital. She is also administering psychiatric therapy at the doctors office and The Little Black Marys Hill mental hospital, a duty which she shares with Terapeut (transl: Therapist) Hågensen.

50918266511_e880f31649_b.jpg

Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen is a workaholic, and often works from home on his computer in his little home-office space on the third floor.

50917577633_ae189a88d1_b.jpg

Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen woke up early this first summer morning, and so did his daughter, Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen. Margrethe pondered about the stars while Fengselsdirektør told her a story about his younger days when he tried acting in a local amateur theatre group. He was not the kind to care about frivolous pursuits like acting, but he had fallen in love with one of the actressess.. Long story short, in spite of his charisma acting wasn't really his strong suit, but sometimes when retelling a story, certain "details" can be altered...

50917577493_58216d7c35_b.jpg

As they they got up so early Margrethe had plenty of time to play in her room before school. She's got a pretty decent view, actually.

50917577523_694698b9c4_b.jpg

After school she went home and ate dinner with mom as usual.

Margrethe: You know, dad can be a little boring sometimes. He only talks about work and politics... or those old lame stories he keeps repeating all the time.

Psykiater: Did he tell you that old theatre story again?

Margrethe: Yes, he did.. boasting about how he got the main role, of course.

Psykiater: Well, I heard that he was never considered for anything other then playing the part of the plum tree...

Margrethe: I can imagine...

What can I say? It doesn't matter how charismatic you are, it does not impress your immediate family.
    The girls could have their chat, because Fengselsdirektør was not home. He had been invited over to Egil and Frida Kråkesens house.

50918397897_7d17012b25_b.jpg
    Picture: The Kråkesen house.

Though he greatly lacks acting skills, Fengselsdirektør is a very social and charismatic person, atleast outside the home, which has greatly helped his politcal career. And Egil Kråkesen has made a lot of money in business and by owning properties in town, and as a politician it is a good idea to keep a good relationship with those that have both money and land.

50918266426_fced71d244_b.jpg

Picture: Fengselsdirektør discussing politics with Frida Kråkesen. Egil watching tv in the back.

The next morning in the Holm-Fredriksen house went on as it usually does...

50918397842_45c95dbcff_b.jpg

Fengselsdirektør: Did I tell you a story about that sandwich I ate?

50918397797_3c3a9b89bf_b.jpg

Margrethe: Really, dad?

50918397787_8cb9af59d7_b.jpg

Later it was time for Summer Festival Day, and Psykiater wanted to hang out with Ingmar Motorsen at the festival grounds, but he stood her up as "he had some other important business to do." So she participated in an eating contest instead, where she came third place. Tamara Donner was the winner.

50918266321_e56b1c0168_b.jpg

At the same time Fengselsdirektør met up with Ranveig Motorsen, his ex-girlfriend and mother of his son, Oliver Freddy Motorsen. They had a nice talk about cartoons and gaming machines, before things turned a little sour when he began talking politics...
    The reason for Oliver Freddys double name is because he is partly named after his father. That's the 'Freddy' part of his name.

50918266306_c15ff19214_b.jpg

And she was reminded just how boring she ended up thinking his near constant talk about politics could be, and how much she had ended up wanting to get away from that. Oh, that roller skating rink looks very tempting right now...

50918397672_0c65fd9571_b.jpg

The relationship between Fengselsdirektør and Ranveig didn't last very long, and by the time Ranveig knew she was pregnant with Oliver Freddy it had already ended.

After he and Ranveig split up, he found love again when Psykiater Holmesen moved into town. He had to spend some time wooing her, but by summer 2007 they were happily married. One year later, during summer of 2008 their first child, Margrethe, was born.

50918266246_a45a807685_b.jpg

Psykiater Holm-Fredriksen loves her man, and their attraction to each other has not waned. She still greets him with a surprise kiss after she comes home from work. Or maybe she is jealous about him talking to Ranveig, but there is no need to be jealous there. That relationship, romantically speaking anyway, is long gone.

50917577268_7365998596_b.jpg

She loves him so much, she would never grow tired of his political discussions.

50918397537_237654db7e_b.jpg

In fact, it seems to turn her on, or maybe its just that he knows what he's doing between the sheets, because umm..
    50918266096_3db4049495_b.jpg
    ... no comment. Next time show a little restraint and use the bathroom before getting it on, thank you very much.

Everytime I play this family I keep hoping they will want a baby, so that they can have two children, but I guess they are happy with just the one. I will not force my sims to have babies if they don't want to, so its just standard safe woohoo for them.

Well, hopefully this explains a little bit who the Holm-Fredriksen family is and their everyday life. Coming up in the next sub-chapter is Margrethes birthday.

----
    th1das9.png

@Sprottenham I love your update!

''Psykiater: Well, I heard that he was never considered for anything other then playing the part of the plum tree... :D poor guy!

Fengselsdirektør looks Awesome as a politician! and apparently is a very charming conversationalist, especially speaking of the sandwich he ate! hahaha

:D OMG LOL poor guy peed right after! too funny and your writing has me in hysterics! how can anyone woohoo if they have to pee? how distracting! :D LOL

oh me too, Both partners have to have the wish for a baby before it can happen in my town. Are they family oriented? seems to me as soon as they get a career or new career, they wish for a child.

@Sprottenham
    Something wrong with you three: “the tree to not exist”
    Love maps.
    Powerful family the Holm-Fredriksens, must be top of upper class.
    Great storyline connecting the characters we already know
    Love how his political discussions fire her up :p
    LOL that puddle
    @DivaDoodle Thank you for the comment, I am glad you find it amusing! :D

@Tamijo Oh, crikey! I updated the link to a tree that should be working. Thank you for the comment. Haha, the puddle was pretty random. Usually I'm quite attentive to their needs. :P
    th1das9.png
    edited May 2021
    The point of this chapter is only a birthday party to show that the sim is aging up.

Chapter 3.2 - Margrethe's birthday party

Tuesday, 15th July 2021.

It is now time for Margrethes 13th birthday where she will age up to a teenager. Happy birthday!

50918266086_2ab432da8f_b.jpg

For her birthday, Margrethe wanted to throw a costume party, of course.. making it somewhat difficult for the narrator to determine who is who. Here we see Margrethe in the underwater swimming gear (to the right) talking to Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen dressed as a clown.
    Lise Veronica and her little family has not been formally introduced yet, but she is the daughter of Monica, Ranveigs sister. Motorsen family tree. (It is quite big, the biggest family tree yet.)

50918397457_d9b71b7a38_b.jpg

Her birthday party wouldn't have been complete without an apple eating contest. In the front: Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen (left), Kleopatra Motor-Karlsen (right). In the back: Margrethe and Fengselsdirektør. For some reason, they switched to their regular clothes for the apple contest.

50918266016_6ee0fea961_b.jpg
    Blowing out the candles. Her mother looks like she is having some mixed feelings about her daughter aging up.

50935227448_0262b91379_b.jpg

And voila, this is the teenage Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen. Her fourth personality trait turned out to be neat, something she must have inherited from her mom. Mom is very happy after all.

50917577063_1984151c22_b.jpg

The next day she went to the park to enjoy the summer festival, but the stay was cut short when a hailstorm came into town. Ow! Time to head back home!

50918265941_43fb7be829_b.jpg

She was luckier with the weather on the following days. The next time she went to the park she met up with Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen for a round of penalty shootout and a nice picnic, before doing her homework and heading home.

50918265906_c7b5a66c8f_b.jpg

Nice catch! Lise-Veronica is currently 11 years old in my story line. There is only a two year difference between them. Margrethe has become a teenager, but she is in many ways still very young. At thirteen years old, she is still mostly a child.

50918397282_80688b3793_b.jpg

After the shoot out they sat down on the bench for a nice picnic.

50918265851_10297e20fc_b.jpg

Then Margrethe sat down to finish off her homework in the park, before she went home on this beatiful summer evening.

----

This may or may not be the last update in my story for the next two months, as I will be busy with work. I don't know yet, but I will try to post some updates when I can still. But if not, this thread will lay dormant and be bumped back up in two months time.
    ---
    Post edited on 11.05.2021 to fix broken image links
    th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham : two months??? What a pity! (but better to have work and to earn money!!!!)
    It´s just a bit hard for me to wait for another update of your story, which I like a lot!
    I think you have a great sense of irony, I like reading such hinted humor!

Like this: Margrethe pondered about the stars while Fengselsdirektør told her a story about his younger days when he tried acting in a local amateur theatre group. He was not the kind to care about frivolous pursuits like acting, but he had fallen in love with one of the actressess.. Long story short, in spite of his charisma acting wasn't really his strong suit, but sometimes when retelling a story, certain "details" can be altered... Great!!! :D
    Fengselsdirektør: Did I tell you a story about that sandwich I ate?

50918397797_fe23ccfdd2_b.jpg

Margrethe: Really, dad?

Her look is priceless! :D

It´s like in every family when dad starts to talk about his past, right? Sometimes dads can be really embarrassing! :D
    I love the explanation of Psykiater to her daughter: I heard that he was never considered for anything other then playing the part of the plum tree... great!!! :D

I really love it that Psykiater loves her husband so much even if he isn´t such a superhero as he likes to think about himself!
    But I agree with @DivaDoodle about the puddle!!!! Man, use a toilet before!!!!! :p
    And he doesn´t even have to clean it, there is a maid for it! How bourgeoisic.... ;)

Happy birthday Magarethe, she looks good as a teen. So good to see both her parents at home while celebrating it!
    Yepp, I would worry about my kid getting older and becoming a teen, too!

Great updates!

@Sprottenham
    Sorry for relative late reply

All in all a great update, liked how you focus on some happy moments in her childhood, without much drama. A very nice birthday party for all the children

Her mother looks like she is having some mixed feelings
    She sure does.
    Always seems to get bad weather at those festivals, I often do.
    Sorry we might have to wait that long, but of course have to handle the important RL stuff first.

Some fine pics here the. 2nd last my favourite, funny little detail with the waisted plate on the ground and the girl/woman looking at the family. Having hard winter now nice to see some summer fun.
    @AlexaKry Oh, thank you for the very nice comments! I enjoy putting little jokes and riddles in my writing, and I am glad it can be enjoyed by others too! The worst part for me, would be to write something were everything was straight forward and easily understood. I want to challenge myself as well as the reader a little.

The two month thing is the worst case scenario. I will not be able to play my game for two months, but I do have plenty of pictures so if I get the time, I will try to post updates, still. I just don't want to make promises that I am not sure I can keep.

@Tamijo There is no need to apologize for being late with commenting, I have not been very good commenting myself lately. Thank you for the comment.

I don't know who put the plate on the ground, it was probably already there. Not a detail planned by me. The woman walking by is Zelda Mae, and come to think of it, she should probably have been aged up to an elder by now, to make my story line fit, but eh. I never played as her, and it's easy to forget to age everyone up appropriately. :P She is not an important part of my story anyway.
    th1das9.png
    edited May 2021
    Chapter 4.1 – A week in the life of Deng Osman (out of the hospital II)

Deng Osmans time at the hospital is now up, and it is time to see how our painter man will be doing. Deng will be left on his own to roam around as he pleases. I will only push him to do things if he has a wish to do something. If he has no wish, I will send him to the park.

Monday 12th July 2021

On this fine monday morning in almost mid-july, it was time for Deng Osman to exit from his second round at the hospital. This time the doctors had cured his neurotic trait, and it was replaced by his inborn trait of being a computer genious. Wow, good on you, Deng!

50936651986_3fc187163d_b.jpg

Well, now its time to go Deng! Remember, the door will always be open for you, if you should need it. Good luck!

50935964013_41cd33ce26_b.jpg

Just in time for work. Still no desire in him to quit his job in the criminal career. Just don't get arrested this time. Or maybe that's what you need once more... How long are we going to play this game? Well, that's up to you, Deng. That's up to you...

50936763787_da98b61f9f_b.jpg

Well, he didn't get arrested, that would be a bit sad for his first shift out! First wish he got was to invite our old friend Mohamed Khaled over for a visit. Lets do that, and see what happens!

50936763772_8d611d3d65_b.jpg

As he lives just next door, he is very quick to come over. Now where are you going, aren't you going to say hi and let him in?

50936651846_f6870d7cdb_b.jpg

See Deng, now what is he up too? If you're not paying attention he might steal your food!

50936651816_a193749ca0_b.jpg

Oh, he is cleaning out something you must have left in there from before you had to go to the hospital. Well, good on him.

50936763692_92b033ecf6_b.jpg

And then he gets bored and leaves. Understandable, you didn't do much to entertain him. I'll send you to the park, maybe then we can have some fun.

50935963898_fa48f1d91b_b.jpg

Shortly after entering the park he got a phone call from Lucie Karlsen. I didn't know they knew each other.

Deng: Hi, Lucie. Whats up?

50936651711_f322bfa092_b.jpg

Deng:
    Yeah, rude guests are not fun. I just had Mohamed over, and he immediately started snooping around in my fridge throwing out stuff, and then he just left! I don't know what happened, I thought we were friends.

50935963838_b6cb1ba926_b.jpg

Deng: If I have checked the newspaper about all the burglars around town? Well, not really. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up!

After the conversation, he sat down at a picnic table already occupied by Psykiater Holm-Fredriksen, Egil Kråkesen and Monica Motor-Notesen. Psykiater just finished telling a story.

50936763637_d38e03c1c3_b.jpg

Psykiater: ..and then they put his ashes in an urn, and that was the end of that!

50936763597_0b6a244186_b.jpg

Psykiater: I didn't know you were so good with computers Deng! Maybe I should call you next time Fengselsdirektørs laptop breaks! He gets so upset when he can't use it to do his work!

50936651636_f5435224f8_b.jpg

Egil Kråkesen: Can someone make that baby shut up? I don't want to hear it! LALALALALA!

50936651591_a72b94bba7_b.jpg

Monica Motor-Notesen: Ahaha! That's my boy Thomas! Isn't he adorable?

Well maybe you should go look after him, his crying seems to bother everyone else...

Deng's personal notes:
    We had a nice conversation at the picnic table, but eventually that crying kid started to get on my nerve, so for the rest of the evening I decided to light up some fireworks. I was hoping for a grand display of colours high up in the sky, but they just swirled around near ground level and died out. Must have been something wrong with them, or maybe lighting up fireworks just doesn't work in the rain.

50936763522_22ebd9d767_b.jpg

Tuesday 13th July 2021 - Deng's notes:

After work, I sent a text to Ranveig asking is she would hang out at the community theatre. As she didn't answer I decided to go there alone.

50935963748_755f3007d9_b.jpg

Afterwards I sat on a bench in the rain for a while, enjoying the bliss. Then I rooted through a trash can, but found nothing of value.

50936651521_cf70750b2d_b.jpg

Wednesday 14th July 2021

50935963728_2c9ebbdb64_b.jpg

I had the day off, so I went to the park and threw some ball with this nice elderly woman called Frida. She threw a pretty hard ball, I'll tell you that! She must be an athlete or something.

50936763392_eac160f4a8_b.jpg

Thursday 15th July 2021

50935963673_e377caf1fc_b.jpg

On Thursday I wanted to go painting, so I went to the Art Association. Its kind of hard to find an easel here that hasn't been used by anyone, but there was one that was free in one room on the third floor.

50935963633_0e08fb7b0e_b.jpg

This place is furnished in a rather strange way, though. I'm not really sure if this room is supposed be a bathroom, a bedroom or a kitchen... or some weird combination thereof.. Not to mention the choice of colors. Whoever designed this place must have been using something, I don't know.

50935963583_0bc4fb87f2_b.jpg

Old lady: Get out of here, I am going to take a leak!

Deng:What!? This place, really... Are you sure you're supposed to use that one? There are toilets in stalls downstairs, you know...

Deng's notes:
    I only made 28 simoleons from my last painting. Its going to take a while to get my career going, but I'm just going to have to keep at it.

50936651301_23dde7d4db_b.jpg

Deng: Interesting painting...it reminds me of that one time I tried live octopus at a seafood restaurant in my home country.

Holly Bastiansen: Haha, that painting is called "The Tiny Cloud Woman". It is by local amateur painter Sofie Motor-Karlsen. She is also a top star chef, amazing all the recipes she keeps in her head.

Deng: Well, I hope her food is better than her painting.

Holly Bastiansen: Oh, it is. Haven't you been eating at the Corsican Bistro?

Deng: I don't think so, no.

50935963543_79d75e4908_b.jpg

Oh no, what do we have here? A burglar in your house Deng! You better hurry and get home!

50936651231_7333d4dace_b.jpg

To late, he's getting away!

Unfortunately for you Deng.. the chair that he stole is the town's property, and when you signed the contract to live in this home, you agreed to hand it back to the town in the condition it was in when you moved in (minus of course the everyday wear and tear). Which means, you're going to have to replace the chair that he stole. I hope you have insurance to cover it. It doesn't have to be the same color on the chair, but it has to be of equal value (at the minimum) and function.

Friday 16th July 2021 – Deng's notes:

When I came home from the Art Association late last night, I was shocked to find the front door wide open, and that a chair had been stolen from inside. That chair was worth 450 simoleons. My stays at the hospital means I haven't been making money from my job, and my writing and painting skills are nowhere near good enough to make much money yet, but luckily I had enough savings to cover the cost. However, I do think I have to start to work really hard on my painting and writing skills now! No more slacking and goofing about!

Saturday 17th July 2021 – Deng's notes:

Its a good thing this town offers a good deal of public services. There's a library just nearby that has computers for free use which allows me to start writing and practicing my writing skills. Ok, so it looks a little rundown, the nearby prison gives me the creeps and there's a weird smell upstairs, but I'm not complaining.

50935963478_af04f06e9a_b.jpg

When I was at work I got an invitation to a party over at Egil Kråkesens house. Egil is one of the richest guys in town, you don't turn down that kind of invitation. For some reason, it says specifically to come in my swim wear, though.

50936651206_928956de00_b.jpg

Just my luck that sink would break just as I was about to go to the party. I can't leave the house with a broken sink, so there is only one thing to do now.. hopefully I can reach a little bit of the party before it ends.

Whew, made it. Now lets see what this party has to offer.

50936763227_49a797db5d_b.jpg

Deng: So, did you get any?

50936763197_8d5cb60ed2_b.jpg

Haldis Hillestad: Haha, I suppose you're asking about fish, right? Well, actually I did catch a big one just yesterday, but I'm not telling you where!

You got lucky with your random question there, Deng! Haldis is an avid fisher.

Dengs Notes:
    After talking to Haldis for a bit and learning that she loves fishing, everyone suddenly left. I wasn't sure what was going on, if the party was over or what, so I sat there and watched tv for a while. When I was sure it was dead, I went home.

Sunday 18th July 2021

After work today I sent a text to Haldis from last night, asking if she would eat at the Corsican Bistro with me, but she didn't reply so I went to sleep for a while.

50936763177_b3d575579d_b.jpg

When I woke up I decided to call her instead. I was anxious about her saying no, but she didn't. She agreed to meet up. Now I can ask her more about that fishing, and find out if the food at the Corsican Bistro is as good as they say.

50936763157_80ee25c794_b.jpg

50935963338_393f72f5e5_b.jpg

Haldis: Hi, Deng! How nice of you to invite me here. What's your favorite color? Mine is purple.

Haha, cute.

Deng: My favorite color is pink just for the right magic touch. It's kind of a tricky color to use in painting, though. You have to apply it very carefully to get it right. You can easily mess up a painting with that one if you overdo it.

50935963298_db53266f2e_b.jpg

Haldis: What happens if you replace pink with purple?

Deng: Well, pink and purple are pretty close to each other on the colorwheel, so you would get much of the same effect, just a little darker. It's good to add some purple to the pink if you want to do shading. Anyway, lets order food shall we? I have been waiting to try the food from here.

50936651031_f30db3a8be_b.jpg

Deng: I heard talk on the town that food here is really something special so I wanted to try it out. How is your turkey?

Haldis doesn't say anything, just eats.

Deng:
    I guess that means you think its good then. Are you into computers like me?

50935963248_2586970135_b.jpg

Haldis still doesn't say anything, just eats. You're not much of a conversationalist, are you?

50936763002_fcd0e748ee_b.jpg

Deng's notes:

Once we sat down to eat she didn't say much. I found her boring, so after I finished I switched to sit at the other table. Then this other woman came up, and pestered me about wanting to sit on my chair, so I introduced myself to her.

50936650931_0687c34549_b.jpg

Deng: Hi, I'm Deng. Did I take your spot or what was that about? Anyway, my favorite color is pink, whats yours?

Ylajali Halvorsen: Ylajali here. Umm.... my favorite color is red. I have always enjoyed red. It reminds me of the strawberries I used to pick with my grandmother, and the strawberry jam we used to make.

50936650886_e37e43895f_b.jpg

Please, I want you to talk about something other than colors now...

Deng: Oh, that's interesting, my grandmother actually kept bees, so I used to always eat a lot of honey when I was over. So.. what do you do for a living?

50935963148_e97de6f36d_b.jpg

Ylajali: Oh, I'm an organ donor at the Sacred Spleen Hospital. I think maybe one day, I will be a doctor.

50936650796_fa10c72aaf_b.jpg

Ylajali: Check out my make-up! What do you think? I bought it from the little make-up gnomes in my backyard! They're so funny! Especially when they jump up on the table and make their faces at me! Sometimes I kick them around a little too, just for fun!

Deng: Ok, hold on there... make-up gnomes?? What are you on about!? There's no such thing, woman! You're insane!

50936650771_72d713dd3c_b.jpg

I kind of agree with you there, Deng. There seems to be quite a few people in this town that could use some therapy...

50935963018_96af79e069_b.jpg

Deng: I don't want to hear any talk about stupid made up make-up gnomes! They're not real. And what was that about kicking them around!?

50936650686_09354f09f6_b.jpg

Ylajali: Oh I'm so sorry.. but don't be mad okay? I see them sometimes.. they're real to me atleast...

50935962873_606246a35c_b.jpg

Ylajali: I think you're so rude for insulting my make-up gnomes! They are my best friends, and they always know what color I want for my lipstick or even toe nail polish! You annoying smellfungus, don't insult make my make-up gnomes!

Ok, this conversation got both heated and really weird... Maybe you should give Haldis another chance instead? She is still sitting there..

51172777914_5057ba7c00_b.jpg

Haldis thinks to herself: What is he up to? Arguing with that other woman? Am I really that boring? If he doesn't talk to me soon, I think I will go home. I'm getting tired.

50936650566_d194ee726e_b.jpg

Deng: Did you know this about the Simmerican football? It is not really a football, because first of a all, a football is supposed to be round, and you're supposed to kick it with your foot, not pick it up and run with it. Also, did you know that it actually takes 3000 cows to supply SFL with enough footballs to last a season, and third of all..

Ylajali:Yawn... so boring... I'm about to fall asleep...

50936650511_d6ca1af824_b.jpg

You really know how to charm the ladies, don't you Deng? Well, this does not appear to go anywhere interesting, and I was only going to play you for a week, so I will leave you alone, and check up on another of the refugee sims I have been waiting for a long time to get to know. Her name is Amena Alnuman, so for the next chapter lets find out what she is about. Hopefully she is not boring like you. Good night, Deng!

Post edited 11.05.2021 to fix broken image link. Also added picture of Haldis alone at the table that was missing from the original post.
    th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham : super that you found time to post!!!

This was a fun read as always, although I really have to agree that the life of Deng, after him getting that computer wizzard trait after the treatment, is a bit boring.

Although he really tried his best to make it interesting by inviting a friend over.
    But if you have guests, Deng, talk to them at least!!!!!
    He was lucky that he wasn´t arrested when returning to work, but if he would have been his life could have been a bit more exciting! :D
    Mohamed was very nice to clean the rotten food from the fridge and you thought he was rude, Deng? He should have thanked Mohamed!

Lol about the baby in the park! I hope it´s mother picked it up and brang it home soon, not good for a baby to have no routine.
    Really, just LOL

50936651636_c831fc241d_b.jpg

Egil Kråkesen: Can someone make that baby shut up? I don't want to hear it! LALALALALA!

[/i]

:D
    place is furnished in a rather strange way, though. I'm not really sure if this room is supposed be a bathroom, a bedroom or a kitchen... or some weird combination thereof.. Not to mention the choice of colors. Whoever designed this place must have been using something, I don't know.

50935963583_c6db35474d_b.jpg

Old lady: Get out of here, I am going to take a leak!

Deng:What!? This place, really... Are you sure you're supposed to use that one? There are toilets in stalls downstairs, you know...
    [/i]
    Whoever planned this room was crazy, or, as you said, must have taken something, it had to be very strong when I look at that place!

Hehehe, the thief got robbed, nice twist, you should ask at work who took the chair, mabe he could give it back to you Deng?

LOL about the smell! Maybe he should buy a new computer at first if he owns enough money with painting?

50936650511_dda1180ca3_b.jpg

You really know how to charm the ladies, don't you Deng? Well, this does not appear to go anywhere interesting, and I was only going to play you for a week, so I will leave you alone, and check up on another of the refugee sims I have been waiting for a long time to get to know. Her name is Amena Alnuman, so for the next chapter lets find out what she is about. Hopefully she is not boring like you. Good night, Deng!
    Poor Deng, you really are no ladies mman, hm? I think you should try again, date someone who is more interesting and don´t talk about colors so much!! :D

This was a great read, I hope you´ll be able to post more!!

@Sprottenham I missed the notification! Wonderful update I'm so glad you had time to post!

Deng I will miss you being neurotic but this IS better for you! :)

lol at his stealing food! but I never saw a friend get rid of the bad food before! so cool!

''Psykiater: ..and then they put his ashes in an urn, and that was the end of that!'' LOL

LALALALA :D

''or maybe lighting up fireworks just doesn't work in the rain.'' :D

I love putting easels and sculpting and sketch tables in the Art Museum too! :)

Oh NO! The old lady is going to Use the toilet instead of appreciating the Art piece that it is! :D

OMG that burglar's face is priceless! I have never seen one enjoy his work so much!

''Haldis Hillestad: Haha, I suppose you're asking about fish, right? '' LOL What a question to ask a lady Deng!

Deng was very enjoyable to watch! Great great update! Can't wait for More! :)