Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back constrainFloorElevation cheat and the ability to draw fence pieces wherever!

In previous The Sims games, you can use the CFE cheat to make arches and curved bridges. Also, the fence tool is especially useful, because unlike The Sims 4, you can draw the fence piece to any given length, then stop there and make a fence post, then add a lighting to the fence post.

Screenshot-2-19-2021-1-07-38-PM.png

I don't know why people keep arguing and insisting that The Sims 4 "is easier to build" or "superior in building" than previous The Sims games. I can build perfectly fine in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, because the Build Mode in both games is quite similar to each other, and they are not hard. In fact, I can do more stuff with TS2 and TS3 than I can ever do with TS4 Build Mode. With TS3 Build Mode, much of my building skills can be transferred over from TS2; but with TS4? I have to unlearn what I did in TS2/TS3 and relearn how to build in TS4, making it super hard for me to build in TS4.

The Sims 3 Build Mode features actually has a lot of improvements from The Sims 2 days, but the overall design is actually very similar to The Sims 2 Build Mode, and I hope to see TS3 Build Tools in The Sims 5, with some ability to add objects anywhere and resize objects like in The Sims 4 (because that's the only useful element in TS4). But as it is, I actually dislike how The Sims 4 Build Mode works, especially in regards to how foundations and walls and roofs work. I want the old foundations/walls/roofing from The Sims 3/2.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't miss the curved bridges that much as we don't have any ponds anymore to build bridges over them. I do miss the fence posts and the lamps placed on them though. The current fences look unreal with no fence posts on long stretches of fencing. How do you even achieve that with a wooden fence?
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    There have been several times when I come up with an idea while building or see an awesome floor plan I want to try to make but can't, and I always think back to the constrainfloorelevation cheat. It was always kind of glitchy but it at least help expand creativity within the game