The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did EA just steal all my Sims 2 games that I PAID for?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
I bought every freaking pack of the Sims 2 and then somehow they hoodwink us into moving everything over to play on Origin and so we think that's cool but now I can't play Sims 2 anymore? What!!? Doesn't EA owe me my money back for all those packs I can no longer play? Why didn't they just leave it on Origin where it was just fine? I think they have a severe case of brain freeze going around there. Watch me get a demerit for suggesting that.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My library still shows the Ultimate Collection on there.

Could you have accidentally hidden the game in the Origin?

Otherwise, you're going to have to more calmly describe what's happened in more details.
  • momshavingfunmomshavingfun Posts: 11 New Member
    Sims 2 has been removed from Origin with NO warning. My games show up there but they can no longer be played according to EA staff. Very, very upset. Why would anyone by and EA games if they are going to do this to people? In the middle of a Pandemic with so many out of work (me included) they just "had" to. Very upset this morning.
    Sims 2 has been removed from Origin with NO warning. My games show up there but they can no longer be played according to EA staff. Very, very upset. Why would anyone by and EA games if they are going to do this to people? In the middle of a Pandemic with so many out of work (me included) they just "had" to. Very upset this morning.

I'm able to load up my game and I play via the Ultimate Collection so it's not EA taking away your ability to play the game.

Can you go into more detail about what problem you're having?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @momshavingfun

I can still load my ultimate collection game however I did not update the game the last time around as I read from other players at that time they were experiencing issues so i avoided it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

How long has it been since you looked to play your TS2 games through Origin?

The individual games were removed years ago. That's why a lot of people were given TS2 Ultimate Collection. If you didn't get it, that means you didn't buy from Origin nor did you remind them they promised to keep our TS2 games Available forever; which is what I did and why I got TS2 UC. This was Years ago. I don't know if you can get them to give it to you now. :(
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @momshavingfun

I can still load my ultimate collection game however I did not update the game the last time around as I read from other players at that time they were experiencing issues so i avoided it.

To add to this, mine is fully updated.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I didn’t know you could download the Sims 2. I would love to play this game again. 🥳
    Ultimate sounds like it’s one big bundle of all the packs?
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    I didn’t know you could download the Sims 2. I would love to play this game again. 🥳
    Ultimate sounds like it’s one big bundle of all the packs?

Unfortunately, EA is no longer offering the Ultimate Collection out to players.

Short of buying the discs and hoping you can get all of the packs and hoping you can get the game to install and play on your computer (not uncommon for older games like Sims 2), you're out of luck for any legal means to obtain the game.
    @Rflong7

aside from the S2 ultimate collection has any other version of the sims 2 game ever been available on/through origin?

@Seera1024

Can you confirm it was the ultimate collection you were playing through origin (I think it must have been as you mentioned above updating the game the last time) If so it is my experience if EA knew something was missing from my origin account that i had clearly been playing/purchased beforehand they have always reinstated whatever it was that had gone missing and while I understand they are no longer supporting UC I would have thought they would reinstate the series/game for you on that sort of basis. Maybe it's time to try another advisor and hope for a kinder person..
    edited February 2021
    Rflong7

aside from the S2 ultimate collection has any other version of the sims 2 game ever been available on/through origin?

Seera1024

Can you confirm it was the ultimate collection you were playing through origin (I think it must have been as you mentioned above updating the game the last time) If so it is my experience if EA knew something was missing from my origin account that i had clearly been playing/purchased beforehand they have always reinstated whatever it was that had gone missing and while I understand they are no longer supporting UC I would have thought they would reinstate the series/game for you on that sort of basis. Maybe it's time to try another advisor and hope for a kinder person..

Yes, Origin started while TS2 was still being sold. It's why they made TS2 UC - because it was promised to still be available if we bought the game through Origin.
    While I didn't buy my games through Origin, it was also promised if we Registered TS2/TS3 to Origin, it would always be available. :)

I'm pretty sure they did announce their removing of TS2 singles from Origin.

@Rflong7

@Seera1024

Yes, it is the Ultimate Collection I play through.

I decided I'd rather be tied to Origin than deal with installing every EP and SP for Sims 2 via disc when I got my new computer. Also, I didn't have to deal with installation issues like I did with my previous computer.
    Thank you @Rflong7

I personally had no idea any other S2 version of the game other than the Ultimate collection had been sold through Origin so I was just checking.

@Seera1024

I think if I was you i would give it another go with EA's customer service as it's not as if you are asking to be provided with a brand new version of the series without having owned/played it before through origin. I would consider it a serious loss if I could no longer play 2 through UC for any reason too as I play it almost as much as 3 these days however I have to play the disc version of the game for the 3 series these days and sure don't want to have to do the same with 2..
    Thank you @Rflong7

I personally had no idea any other S2 version of the game other than the Ultimate collection had been sold through Origin so I was just checking.

@Seera1024

I think if I was you i would give it another go with EA's customer service as it's not as if you are asking to be provided with a brand new version of the series without having owned/played it before through origin. I would consider it a serious loss if I could no longer play 2 through UC for any reason too as I play it almost as much as 3 these days however I have to play the disc version of the game for the 3 series these days and sure don't want to have to do the same with 2..

I'm not sure you're responding to the correct person. I've got access to the Ultimate Collection.
    Hi @Seera1024

Apologies after reading back several posts you are right of course so it's @FlamingoKicker1 I was directing my questions at lol :)

Thank you @Rflong7

<snip>

I don't mind you asking. I've been playing way too long. :lol:
    @Rflong7

Sims is like a bad marriage just as you think it's over it comes back to haunt you and drags you back in :):D
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    EA ended the free giveaway of Sims 2 UC in October 2018 at which time they also announced that the game would no longer receive patch support and would be removed for sale from Origin. This was announced on AHQ, not sure if it was posted here. I think if you had registered any or all of your Sims 2 games through Origin, you got Sims 2 UC automatically when the free giveaway started in 2014 (I'm not sure as I had to ask for a copy to be added to my Origin account when I found out about the free giveaway). The only way to currently get copies of the game for Windows OS is to purchase physical copies of the game on CD/DVD from Amazon, E-Bay, your local game store that sells used games or your local thrift store. You will also need a disk drive which can be purchased if your computer does not have one. The only digital copy available is for purchase is for the Mac OS from the Apple App Store and only includes everything from Base Game to Bon Voyage.

I think Sims 2 UC was specifically added in 2014 to include everything and the individual EPs/SPs were removed around this time as well, but not sure. The individual EPs/SPs haven't been available for a long time.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.