Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing my Sims like never before!

I finally got a gaming computer and OMG! Loading screens are no longer an issue. They zip by quickly. This is the first time I didnt mind letting my SIM travel here and there. I dreaded it before because the loading screen took absolutely forever. My computer wasn't the best. Now I'm just happy as heck because for the first time, I can actually REALLY enjoy playing my Sims.😊

Comments

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    Like a whole new world, isn't it? 🙂 I felt that same euphoria when I got my new pc last year, an upgrade from an old laptop, and loading was a non-issue. Graphics were turned up to max and the game was so vibrant now! Loved it.

Enjoy your new and improved simming experience!
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Bonjourwoman i'm on the market for a new computer too. Can you be so kind to let me know the specs you chose?
    @CherryBerryCloud can you also let me know your specs?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Awww, that's nice to hear. My PC is from Nov 2019, not quite worn out yet and plays the game nicely enough.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I had the same with my new pc, I switched from playing the game on HDD to SSD and loading is SO much faster. I also have a more powerful CPU, which also helps a lot. I haven't been able to get a new GPU, because they're difficult to get atm, but the one I had plays the game on ultra anyway, so it works well enough for ts4.
    My old pc did run the game just fine, but had gotten slower under all the years of more and more dlc.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Awww, that's nice to hear. My PC is from Nov 2019, not quite worn out yet and plays the game nicely enough.

LOL. Will be completely laughable if you couldnt...
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I was playing on a ten year old computer before I bought this acer predator in march and I absolutely LOVE LOVE this computer, the sims has been working the smoothest its ever worked for me before and the graphics with this nividia geforce graphics card are AMAZING
    @Clousinators you bought the acer predator? Is it true that it makes a lot of noise while gaming? (I read this on reviews, but a lot is always so subjective...). Let me know please...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited February 2021
    telmarina wrote: »
    CherryBerryCloud can you also let me know your specs?

@telmarina I bought my PC a few years ago so it's not the newest specs and it runs the Sims 4 with most packs just beautifully on ultra, with room to upgrade. I have:

Processor: Intel i7 7700 CPU 4.20gb
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Memory 16gb DDR4 3200 (I think)
    Motherboard: MSI
    Brand: PowerSpec
    Hard Drive: 500gb SSD

I got it at the Micro center, so I don't know if you have one in your area or not. They've been having trouble keeping some of their PCs in stock lately, though. I think it's because the pandemic has slowed down production.
    https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294967292&Ntk=all&sortby=match&myStore=true

Note: I think their prices have gone up a bit as well, probably due to supply and demand.
    #Team Occult
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    I finally got a gaming computer and OMG! Loading screens are no longer an issue. They zip by quickly. This is the first time I didn't mind letting my SIM travel here and there. I dreaded it before because the loading screen took absolutely forever. My computer wasn't the best. Now I'm just happy as heck because, for the first time, I can actually REALLY enjoy playing my Sims.😊

That's great to hear! I know the feeling sis. Just play like the world is ending.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    @CherryBerryCloud can you also let me know your specs?

Sure. This is just copied and pasted from Amazon, where I bought it from.

9th Generation Intel Core i5-9400 Processor
    12GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD & 8x DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
    802. 11AC Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 5. 0
    1 - USB 3. 1 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gaps), 1 - USB 3. 1 Gen 2 port, 1 - USB 3. 1 Gen 1 port, 4 - USB 2. 0 Ports & 2 - HDMI ports & 1 - VGA Port
    Windows 10 Home, USB keyboard & USB mouse
    System ram-type: ddr4_sdram
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @telmarina The fan is loud while playing the sims but thats the only time I have really noticed it. And to answer your question from the other thread I have the GeForce RTX 2060
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited February 2021
    Congrats. It must feel great to be able to fully enjoy all the game features. :)
    I wish I could buy a better computer too. I bought a gaming laptop on 2017 when Cats & Dogs came out and the salesguy told me that I can play any game with it on ultra graphics. Well... not Sims 4 apparently. The lag was awful, so I had to turn down the graphics on high. Now after the years I've already had to turn the graphics on medium (some even on low). I can't buy a desktop, because I need a laptop (for other things than just for gaming) and I can't afford both.
    I've never had problems with loading screens, though, they work fast, but the lag is an issue that gets worse and worse.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Getting a new PC is so nice, I used to play on laptop mode with low everything graphics and then when I got a new PC and could turn off laptop mode and go to ultra graphics it was like a whole different game. Didn't realise just how hideous laptop mode makes the game until I got rid of it, I was always so jealous of others who had really nice looking pool water as the pool water in laptop mode is so ugly and flat

(For reference this is pools with laptop mode and without)
    01-24-20-8-00-34-PM.png
    02-20-21-10-51-30-AM.png
    edited February 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Getting a new PC is so nice, I used to play on laptop mode with low everything graphics and then when I got a new PC and could turn off laptop mode and go to ultra graphics it was like a whole different game. Didn't realise just how hideous laptop mode makes the game until I got rid of it, I was always so jealous of others who had really nice looking pool water as the pool water in laptop mode is so ugly and flat

01-24-20-8-00-34-PM.png
    02-20-21-10-51-30-AM.png

It's an incredible difference. I'm so looking forward to go back to ultra...

ETA light and shadows are just amazing in ultra! I play in medium and i can't notice the different angles of the sun rays anymore...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    This is exactly my experience of upgrading to an awesome gaming desktop with the fancy lights and everything lol. After my 10 year old PC I was getting lag, slow loading screens and other annoyances like crashing from too much cc overloading it. Since I upgraded just as you said "I'm simming like never before!" 😂😂 with more cc than one can imagine on ultra!

I honestly think a lot of issues simmers have (not all) have to do with the pc or lap they are using.
    Then recently I treated myself to a matching pink light up mechanical keyboard/mouse that let's me control my music from the background without minimizing the screen and it really makes it even more enjoyable!!
    I'm glad to hear you are having fun with you new PC! 🤗🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Onverser wrote: »

01-24-20-8-00-34-PM.png
    02-20-21-10-51-30-AM.png

Whoa that's crazy 😮😮😮
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Congrats. It must feel great to be able to fully enjoy all the game features. :)
    I wish I could buy a better computer too. I bought a gaming laptop on 2017 when Cats & Dogs came out and the salesguy told me that I can play any game with it on ultra graphics. Well... not Sims 4 apparently. The lag was awful, so I had to turn down the graphics on high. Now after the years I've already had to turn the graphics on medium (some even on low). I can't buy a desktop, because I need a laptop (for other things than just for gaming) and I can't afford both.
    I've never had problems with loading screens, though, they work fast, but the lag is an issue that gets worse and worse.

I know for some reason people seem to think sims is a pretty simple game to run compared to others.
    I hear people suggesting others all the time they only need a basic laptop to play and I'm like 👀
    I guess they go by the minimum specs required. But just based on personal experience and what others say this game requires a power house 😅😅 even my sister has problems on ps4 with all the packs but everyone who plays on ps5 says it's 100 times better like a PC upgrade so she is going to get a ps5 when she can.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yeah, this is exactly how I felt when I bought my gaming computer last year. Goodbye loading screens that take an eternity!

The first thing that floored me was how fast the game itself loaded up. On my MacBook I remember waiting over 15 minutes at one point. Also, I remember feeling kind of bad when I saw how beautiful other people's games and sims looked.

Now we're up to speed. Happy simming! :heart:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Welcome to the 'club'. I will never try to play any game again on something less than a gaming rig. I did play Sims4 for a few months on my ordinary laptop. Glad that it played, but still. The sound wasn't anything close to what I have upstairs in my loft office nor was the color as crisp. My machine is an iBuyPower, DDR3 (don't ask me what that means, I just don't know). I'd have to dig out the paperwork to give you more of the specs.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2021
    yeah also changed computers last summer from absolute potato computer that hardly turns on to computer that plays ultra settings easily and i was just :o looking at world effects and such getting all distracted :lol:

definitely culture shock
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free