Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited February 2021

That's a very deep protest song, not unlike some others I have heard, and I generally dislike the worldview in which everything requires trigger warnings, but I have to tell you, you need a trigger warning on this. Someone who just had one stumbling on it not expecting that would appreciate knowing not to click.
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sorry 😅 been busy with video games.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    This song is so heavy good...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axf7OhOiO9k

That's a very deep protest song, not unlike some others I have heard, and I generally dislike the worldview in which everything requires trigger warnings, but I have to tell you, you need a trigger warning on this. Someone who just had one stumbling on it not expecting that would appreciate knowing not to click.

My apologies, Nush. I'll take note next time. 😢
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited February 2021

I hope I didn't come off too harsh or scolding. :#

xicwqMCm.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axf7OhOiO9k

Nah, it's fine. I didn't even realize how hard the lyrics could be. Honestly, I'm not someone who pays attention to lyrics so much. I'm more of a melody person. But I guess I might have to put a lot of trigger warnings next time cuz the stuff I listen to usually have dark lyrics like this. 🤣🙈
    832XG3D.gif
    edited February 2021

I don't think you would have to, usually. Songs about feeling a certain way, vs. songs about the r-word, or about losses of lives of innocents (to put it obscurely), are just in another category. Many of Alice Cooper's songs back in the day were way worse for being horrifying, albeit mostly moralistic too. Luckily back then, you weren't gonna hear Alice Cooper on mainstream radio, at least not the really traumatizing stuff. So it wasn't that it was dark at all, but the specific topic that I'd want to place a "caution" sign over.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2021

[...]

Nah, it's fine. I didn't even realize how hard the lyrics could be. Honestly, I'm not someone who pays attention to lyrics so much. I'm more of a melody person. But I guess I might have to put a lot of trigger warnings next time cuz the stuff I listen to usually have dark lyrics like this. 🤣🙈

I don't think you would have to, usually. Songs about feeling a certain way, vs. songs about the r-word, or about losses of lives of innocents (to put it obscurely), are just in another category. Many of Alice Cooper's songs back in the day were way worse for being horrifying, albeit mostly moralistic too. Luckily back then, you weren't gonna hear Alice Cooper on mainstream radio, at least not the really traumatizing stuff. So it wasn't that it was dark at all, but the specific topic that I'd want to place a "caution" sign over.

Oops, if that's what the song is talking about, then I better take it down. 😂🤣 I honestly had no idea cuz I only interpreted it as a metaphor to life. Can you help to edit your post quoting it? 🙈
    Post edited by DeKay on
    832XG3D.gif
    edited February 2021

I didn't mean to cause so much trouble. Sure I will. I really shouldn't have mentioned it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Well, onto a lighter note... Hehee...

Today's Q Q is:
    Name the song I love singing to in the car/shower the most.

It would probably change after a few months but right now I sing White Flag by Normandie a lot. I also blast this song out loud whenever I bake until even my mom would sing along too. Haha. #proudofmom
    832XG3D.gif
  • Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member

Today's Q Q is:

It would probably change after a few months but right now I sing White Flag by Normandie a lot. I also blast this song out loud whenever I bake until even my mom would sing along too. Haha. #proudofmom

I don't have 1 song that I sing in either, both are filled with the sounds of metal scrapping (aka. my singing) but basically every time Smile by Nat King Cole comes on!

Today's Q Q is:

I don't guess I have one. I'll sing along to a song I like in the car sometimes, if I'm driving alone.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

Today's Q Q is:

I don't have 1 song that I sing in either, both are filled with the sounds of metal scrapping (aka. my singing) but basically every time Smile by Nat King Cole comes on!

Hehe, you really love that song, huh? :P
    832XG3D.gif
  • Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member

Today's Q Q is:

Is this the time to point out that I have "Smile" tattooed on me FOR this song? :D Bahaha!

Today's Q Q is:

Is this the time to point out that I have "Smile" tattooed on me FOR this song? :D Bahaha!

Yes. About time. :D
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

Today's Q Q is:

Don't sing in the car. If I get some random song stuck in my head, I'll sing it in the shower. Don't really have a favorite song for showering though. :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!

Today's Q Q is:

Don't sing in the car. If I get some random song stuck in my head, I'll sing it in the shower. Don't really have a favorite song for showering though. :/

In winter, we don't have enough seconds of hot water to sing in the shower, but if I'm hitting high notes in there, it's because someone ran the hot water in the kitchen so I got a sudden cold blast!

xicwqMCm.jpg

Today's Q Q is:

In winter, we don't have enough seconds of hot water to sing in the shower, but if I'm hitting high notes in there, it's because someone ran the hot water in the kitchen so I got a sudden cold blast!

LOL. :D Sometimes I sing even when it's cold (we don't have any type of water heater at home and when it's been raining for days, the water from the water tank gets really icey cold. But my body adjusts to the temp after like 3 mins or something.
    832XG3D.gif

Today's Q Q is:

LOL. :D Sometimes I sing even when it's cold (we don't have any type of water heater at home and when it's been raining for days, the water from the water tank gets really icey cold. But my body adjusts to the temp after like 3 mins or something.

Reminding me of "Camper Life" :lol: Campers are great for the weekends, but it's tough to live in one for 2 years! It just has a lot of "getting used to" things, that not a lot of people would be willing to accept!

I only had about 8 minutes to get in get wet, soap (and shampoo) up, then rinse off before the hot water started running out! Thankfully, I didn't have long hair (like some of the other guys I've seen at the campground) , or I'd be stuck (half bathed) waiting for 10 minutes for the water heater to fill back up!

You just learn how to do a quick "truck stop" type of
    shower... or suffer the consequences. :confounded:
    I got nothing valuable to say, just ready for spring to get sprung already. :D

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2021
    I got nothing valuable to say, just ready for spring to get sprung already. :D

You and me both! :lol:

Just got to remember to set my clock up an hour on March 14 (my older sister's birthday) ! So much for sleeping in... :confounded:
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I've been away for a few days, busy with life :sweat_smile:

How's everyone been? :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

Pretty good. I bought a phone case and screen protector online and I've never bought anything physical online before! So it's a first and it went smoothly, so that's nice.

Oh, I binge watched WandaVision. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

Pretty good. I bought a phone case and screen protector online and I've never bought anything physical online before! So it's a first and it went smoothly, so that's nice.

Oh that's fun! Online shopping can be a hassle sometimes, but it can also be fun sometimes :)

My phone's started to misbehave so I've been doing some browsing, but shopping for a phone on a budget is no fun :confounded:

What d'ya think of WandaVison? I still haven't watched past the first two episodes :sweat_smile: but I thought those two were good :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member

Oh that's fun! Online shopping can be a hassle sometimes, but it can also be fun sometimes :)

My phone's started to misbehave so I've been doing some browsing, but shopping for a phone on a budget is no fun :confounded:

What d'ya think of WandaVison? I still haven't watched past the first two episodes :sweat_smile: but I thought those two were good :joy:

Ooo I just started watching that and saw the first 4 episodes. Very good so far.

The show is alright. It's not that confusing to me like most people say. 😂 It's really fun seeing them do sitcom styles of different decades as they go along.
    Mouselline wrote: »

Ooo I just started watching that and saw the first 4 episodes. Very good so far.

Get ready to flip out on episode 5. 😬
    832XG3D.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top