Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    @permanentrose
    Aww man, I feel really bad for Jules and Emmett needing to take a break from their friendship. She got so choked up about it. I understand why. I wonder if these two will ever get together for real. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer to see if that happens. Yay for babies! Twins! So nice of Jules to give the onesies she knitted to them. She's such a good friend. Very sweet though too how she autonomously sat next to Mario when she got home. Congrats to Jules for finding the cherry seeds too! Great segue into solving the 8 member club situation. ;) Great update!

Hard to believe it's been 50 days of this challenge already! This year is going fast eh!? I'm so, so glad all of you have joined a long with me. It's makes it even more fun and extra motivation to keep going! Thank you! <3

@SoulGal7
    Yeah, it's sad, made me tear up a little. I'm such a sap. :D But like you said, this time they know they'll be together soon without any secrets or fear of anyone tearing them apart. :) I absolutely loved the name Essa when you suggested it and it just fits perfect for her! Especially now for what's to come next month. ;) Thank you! <3 As for the pink bar situation. Well, there is no pink bar in the challenge save for these two. Josh is a young adult, Essa's a teen, they can't do anything romantic, so there's no romance bar. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with that.

Their friendship bar stays firmly full to the brim green though. She calls him a lot, he comes over too. The doors are locked so he can't get in, even though he has a key. But if he's there when she gets home from school, she has a chat with him and might unlock the door to let him in to play video games, have a meal, etc. I know he's supposed to be gone...but, I can't help myself, I'm weak. o.O Oh well... *shrugs*

Gah! Just saw you're still having computer problems. o.O Better get that external hard drive asap! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get what you need off the hard drive asap!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - Nice new hair for Essa, and some interesting characters that she meets at the bar. I love that you introduced Simeon, as a kind of intro to the next month for Glimmerbrook. Nicely done. Essa looks so relaxed and happy now. And now another mystery surfaces on Essa's "gift", so that is rather cool. Great work, and love the new mystery surrounding Essa.
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 19
    3SokjwS.png

Bryons Diary
    The next morning, Ms. Douglas wanted to have a talk with Eliza before she left to work. I couldn't hear their conversation because they were outside, but I could imagine what this conversation was about: her conversation with Naoki yesterday.

Jt7tOgo.png
    (Jess) “Do you know what they are talking about?"
    (Bryon) "Nope. No clue."

I'm not really in the mood to tell her the entire story.

yfedC5O.png
    We waited for what felt like eternity, but eventually Ms. Douglas and Eliza came inside again.

zQpZS7K.png
    For some reason, Ms. Douglas went to sit somewhere away from us. Don't know why she did that. Maybe she felt sad.

(Eliza) “Sorry to have you wait, guys. Ms. Douglas was a little confused about why the three of you all have dyed hair, and she wanted to talk to me to clarify some things, so that's what we did outside."
    (Johnny) "Wait, how does she know?"
    (Eliza) "Doesn't matter how. She knows, so Ms. Ridley also has the right to know."

F1VNY07.png
    (Jess) “Brown and black aren't their real hair colours?”

(Eliza) “Indeed, that's true. Naoki has red hair, Bryon blue and Johnny blonde. As a detective, I have a lot of projects going on. One of them included hair colouring on teenagers with different hair colours. I can't really say more than that, sorry. I told them already that it’ll get out again, so they don't need to worry."

Eliza lied about why our hair is dyed. We all figured that we just have to go with the flow. Eliza almost turned around to leave for work, but then turns back once again to say something else.

(Eliza) "Also, Bryon, Johnny and Naoki are only living here temporarily. I don’t have kids. I’m just their caretaker.”

XCwsmyN.png
    With that, Eliza went out.

1HnB9RB.png
    Rose knew this already, but Jess surely looked confused. She followed Johnny, who was just about to get a drink, and stopped him to ask him something.

(Jess, whispering) “What’s the relationship between the three of you?”
    (Johnny) “Bryon is my big brother, and Naoki is his boyfriend”

'Luckily' for me, I have very good ears, so I heard them. Johnny didn't knew Jess has a crush on me, so I can't blame him for dropping that fact like it's nothing, but I immediately felt that Jess' heart broke into thousand pieces. Awtch.

vWDWEM5.png
    (Jess) “… So that’s how it is… Ehm.. I’ll go upstairs to prepare our lesson, okay? I'll call you when I'm ready”.

ERsg7Ho.png
    (Johnny) "I don't remember that you ever went up first for preparation time?"
    (Jess) "I just.. Didn't have the time to prepare yesterday. Just give me a little time, okay?"

Suddenly there’s an awkward vibe hanging in the room. Nobody really knows what to do. Except for Johnny, because he still doesn't know what's going on.

Behind the scenes
    59gjcfa.png
    (Gabrielle) “Really, why do we always have to report in person? This guy has his base all the way in Evergreen Harbor!”
    (Gage) “Don’t complain so much, Gabbie. We had a first class airplane flight and didn't have to pay a thing!”

RcTDpId.png
    (Isaius, in himself) “Oh, those three nitwits finally arrived to report. Let’s see what they have to say”

Aq47g8f.png
    (Isaius) “Hello to you. I guess you have something to tell me, since you came all the way here”

frmvF3k.png
    (Gordon) “You’re gonna love this news, boss”
    (Isaius) “I’ll decide if it’s good news after you tell it”

lvKiaso.png
    (Gage) “They’re in jail, boss”
    (Isaius) “Who?”
    (Gabrielle) “Bryon and Johnny, boss”

sFW0WnE.png
    (Isaius) “Is that so? That’s indeed good news. I wanna see that for myself”

1GHOwq6.png
    (Gordon) “Are you coming with us on the plane???”
    (Isaius) “Of course not, dumbo”

yn0RAqY.png
    (Isaius) “I’m going the easy way. Well, see you soon again”

K7LuQxg.png
    (Gabrielle) “See? He always makes us going by plane, while he just teleports everywhere... I also want to be a Spellcaster...”

IHhPKON.png
    In one split second, Isaius went from Evergreen Harbor to the police station in Windenburg.

(Isaius) "Well well, let's give those sons of mine a visit"

ZeLpTRO.png
    (Isaius) "But of course, in disguise"

kNf32uR.png
    (Isaius) "Argh!! Why can I only change into a cat?! That spell casting book I bought really is out of date..."

iLv90RU.png
    (Isaius) "Well, nothing to do about this now. Let's go in!"

pTXwX2Y.png
    (Isaius) "Argh, you gotta be kidding me...."
    (Eliza) "Hello, kitty! Are you thirsty? It sure is hot today, isn't it?"

D9tX7PZ.png
    (Eliza) "No worries. I'll give you some water"
    (Isaius, in himself) "Just bear with it, Isaius. At least she's bringing you inside..."

nqZhiXa.png
    (Eliza) "Wait for me while I get you some water, okay?"

wV2E0DT.png
    (Isaius) "What did you expect? No way I'm going to wait for water. I have to say hi to someone"

Z7c9qUn.png
    But of course we all know that Bryon and Johnny aren't here. The only person standing in one of the cells... Roxanne.

G2hSm0U.png
    Meanwhile...

(Eliza) "Hey, where did he go??"

8vBUDae.png
    (Isaius) "Hello there"
    (Roxanne) "Wow. Now also animals start talking to me!"

DB4cH80.png
    (Isaius) "I'm not really an animal. My name's Isaius. Nice to meet you"
    (Roxanne) "Eh, hi Isaius. I'm Roxanne. Nice to meet you too."
    (Isaius) "So, Roxanne... How long have you been in jail for?"
    (Roxanne) "Hmm, quite the while now, yeah... But I'm actually enjoying it here. Silence, you know?"
    (Isaius) "Hmmhmm.. I know exactly what you mean. So, you've seen people come and go here?"
    (Roxanne) "That's true. Why?"
    (Isaius) "Does the name.. Bryon.. Sounds familiar?"
    (Roxanne) "Nerdy, blue hair?"
    (Isaius) "Exactly. So he's been here?"
    (Roxanne) "Yeah, he's been here for one night, but he got released. I don't know why, sorry. What's up with him? He seemed like a nice guy"
    (Isaius) "He seems nice, indeed. But he's not. Roxanne. He's my son, but he's a psychopath"

*poof*

wB3hNF8.png
    (Isaius) "He's dangerous, Roxanne. We have to stop him. I was able to control him until a few months ago. His mother ran away from him because he was so scary. His mother was pregnant with his younger brother - Johnny. I chose to stay with him, so that my wife could have a good life. Bryon broke out of the house a few months ago. He went to search Johnny and is now trying to get on his good side.. But I don't know what will happen if we keep it that way."

(Roxanne) "Why are you telling me this...?"

(Isaius) "I think you could be of great help. What do you say? I'll get you out, give you a roof, and I'll learn you something about spell casting.."

(Roxanne) "Freedom? Spell casting? Helping the world?! Oh yes, I'm in!!"

(Isaius) "Good. Hold my hand. We're out of here."

--

AzLfsCx.png
    (Eliza) "Kitty kitty kitty--"

Eliza stands still and looks to the empty jail.

(Eliza) "Wasn't there... Supposed to be someone in there...?"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Day 11, Month 1

02-19-21_11-02-51_AM.png?width=721&height=577
    So, this morning I sent Jenny out to the Simmi capsule machine, and we ended up getting a gold simmi!

02-19-21_11-03-59_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I don't remember what one it was, but it was $250, and adding that to what else we have in the household funds...

02-19-21_11-06-13_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Tada! Jenny has a shower now! It feels like a giant upgrade, even though it's probably not, lol. It's...the least functioning one, but I'm really pleased that she has it.

I also got a carrot from the vending machine, and we planted it. It's in season right now, so hopefully that will sprout soon!

02-19-21_11-07-08_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After that I had to send her over to the Ito household to catch up on her needs, as they were very low. I might have her stay there for a while yet, just so she can catch up on her needs.

02-19-21_11-11-12_AM.png?width=721&height=577
  • Options
    @Skeilah

Oh noooooo! I feel really on edge, now... I hope they don't get tracked down by Isaius. Also, those lies he's telling Roxanne....
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin
    Day 10: Haha, I feel ya. In the beginning I also was like 'well, this is it, nothing more to tell' xD But believe me, in a month, you'll never have that anymore.

Day 11: Yay for the gold simmi! And the shower! I never gave Bryon the always welcome trait, but I can see how that trait is very welcome to have in this kind of challenges.

One thing's for sure... Roxanne seems to believe him...

@permanentrose
    I agree! Sims can look very different while you only change their hair. Although I think that Bryon still looks like Bryon, even if his hair is changed xDD So I think it also depends on the Sim.

Comment on my post: exactly! Why would anyone dye their nice colours BLACK? I would get questions too.

I see babies!! I know what that means! Emmett's mom gave birth! Yay! Love the names. <3 Oh boy, this sounds sad... He chooses her evil witch girlfriend above her best friend in the world? Awtch... Well, at least they're still there for each other. I'm sobbing with you ;-; Uh-oh, who are you planning to kill with that flower? Britanny? xD Hahahha, you're using my way of being leader of the club for a little while. Yay! Glad I could help.

@SoulGal7
    The hair thing is solved and thanks to Eliza, they won't be in any trouble. yay! I also love the glasses. Guess I'm going to keep them :P

Oh no, just read your update that your computer got problems again :( I'll burn a candle for your computer, hoping it'll be fixed soon without troubles.

@Karababy52
    I'll miss Josh too, but he'll be back and that's what counts ^^ I'm actually surprised that Essa is still wearing all that make-up, hehe. Thought she would have thrown it all out from the moment she was free xD I'm happy that they'll call each other everyday <3 And loveee the end picture.

The only thing I noticed in today's post was all the make-up Essa was still wearing, although there was no need anymore for that xD Was that the mistake you're talking about? Or is it something else?

I love pet rabbits <3 I want a Flemish Giant one day. <3 Hahha, one of the bunnies at my dads place is also called Spot! My own rabbit is named Snor - Moustache in Dutch. She has brown spots on her nose that look like a moustache, heeheh. I know all about the chewing. Snor did that a lot, oops. There's a chair here somewhere with chewmarks from Snor, haha.

Dun dun dunnn... Nah, in today's post I uploaded before commenting, you'll see that there will be no concequences thanks to Eliza's fast thinking. Yay for Eliza!

Day 19: Yay, her brown hair is sort of back!!!! <3 And nice clothes, and no weird make-up! I'm in love. Aha, you're using Simeon in your story! I'm very fond of Morgyn Ember and I've been thinking to use them in my story. Also because Eliza already knows Ember (I always call them Ember instead of Morgyn, don't know why exactly). And of course, Vladdie makes an appearance. HAHHAHAHAHA. Oh Essa, you don't know a thing. And then we didn't even talk about aliens yet! Wait a seconddddd... Why's Simeon suddenly talking about Essa's mother? Whoaaaaa!!! This is getting excitingggg.

@Hermitgirl
    Cute, a present for Grimmie! I'm glad that he liked it. Happy Love Day indeed!

Eliza nor Marcus didn't tell the teachers anything really. Just their names and that they need homeschooling. xD At that point, people just start making assumptions. But they're all 'cleared' right now. With a white little lie. hehehe.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Karababy52 Great backstory for moving. Will be interesting to hear more about her mother eventually too. I gotta admit I'm happy to have a more natural looking Essa back also she's just prettier that way to me. I just thought that I never heard Josh comment about the change of looks that I remember. She's always beautiful to him... then again a smart man will say that.

For mine I kind of watch my game like a hawk.. lol. Besides they were in Roxanne's bed. She's got the only double!

@permanentrose Aww the scene between Emmett and Jules was realistic... he has to side with his girlfriend. Kind of hoping it will be an unrequited love thing on both sides though. Since neither of them are free or showing any interest in that way. Maybe even Brittany will become a sympathic character now.

@SoulGal7 I would be so stressed with the computer and yet I still never back it up... I hope everything works out with this though.

As for the death flower... I love the way it looks like a little skull head. A lot of stuff in this game makes me giggle.

@Skeilah Well I am laughing pretty hard of course at Roxanne's get out of jail free card, even if the guy is a scummy mess. I hope she can help you later in some way.. I'd like to think she's a smart cookie even if she's crazy, but we'll see. No telling what an alternate universe Roxanne would get up too! I felt bad when she gave the guys away though. And... of course she can talk to the animals, that's a given!

@lilypadmeulin You should be able to put Jenny's plants along the outside of her house to make them "sheltered" if there is a little roof overhang. That way your plants not in season will still grow and produce. Glad Jenny got the gold simmie though she needed some sort of a break!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

Hi everyone :) Still trying to catch up :)

Thank you for your comments, I really try to get back on that, when I am finally up to date :)<3

Read all stories , awesomed all <3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

A1LEkfp.png
    Guess who moved in :) He IS using a towel here :joy:
    Melody Connors
    Day 16 (February)
    5vKQGLV.png
    Morning.. Malcolm came by, he needed to use the shower. And after shower he marched outside again, in a towel :)
    I suppose that did the trick and Melody asked him to move in :)
    bkSBz64.png
    No school , they ate...
    Wdy1s6x.png
    ... and pretty much rest of the day she did something for scouting badges with her new laptop, and Malcolm rehearsed his acting stuff for Drama club (He was at second last level :open_mouth: ).
    AowsQjO.png
    It is handy to have him around :p
    XEGBZYo.png
    Sleeping time...
    vmU836d.png
    6eqibRU.png
    Melody woke up real early, to use this so small device , again for scouting badge.
    26TlkyB.png
    Oh.. haha :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~

vLIAmkY.png
    Towel pic, of course!
    Melody Connors
    Day 17 (February)
    n0lAdsJ.png
    j8VW2Jj.png
    Homework is nicer when doing it together. If she could focus on homework :p
    aya8diW.png
    vVQYiXv.png
    bhOCuLd.png
    Home from school, fast eating and gardening, then Malcolm had to go to drama club He was late a big time).
    vikP7z9.png
    Melody needed one more badge.. she needed to entertain toddlers.. she does not know ANY.. well soon she knows many :p
    She went to Willow Creek, where my toddler+kids playground lot is located.
    (I use a mod what spawns toddlers in lot if it has certain lot trait)
    Jvvoxkv.png
    After feeding all the pets from the hood....
    vCK16Vm.png
    1Yyp3xG.png
    FcUznJ7.png
    It was time to start telling jokes to toddlers :D
    DkCGOvr.png
    And while there, let's collect all the rocks and frogs too.
    9GtYvUk.png
    Yay! Scouting completed, she got the trait!
    c2O9LVb.png
    More gardening..
    2cslkGP.png
    vB4YDU5.png
    Melody joined at drama club too, and rest of the evening and half of the night went training for that

~~~~~~~~~~~~

aO67DBd.png
    Meet Greg Connors , Melody's dad. (not made by me)
    Melody Connors
    Day 18 (February)
    VWvqCLZ.png
    Malcolm was up early, this time.
    SllzfeQ.png
    qSaTGcc.png
    Gardening and cleaning, then off to school!
    Oh yeah, Malcolm got GT clothing too!
    E2JutpG.png
    SPt14bT.png
    Home from school, some flirting and off to drama club!

pmmh2VY.png
    FVFr0OV.png
    Festival time! Rained at the beginning, but turned out sunny, they ate and learned a new dish.

kYzhHDo.png
    While in the city, they went to gym (I do the city aspiration with both)
    DlLWl2p.png
    Oh no! Poor Paolo! Dropped dead right there.
    gy5BBgQ.png
    2Y6Fr6z.png
    (in this picture I am very glad Joey didn't show up with that one gym outfit, @AlwaysAsking , as I could of not used the pic :joy: )
    Melody: "DAD!!! You scared me!!"
    Greg/Grimm: "What's the matter pumpkin? You've seen me before.."
    Melody: "Yes, but could you .. like slide ?? why has to fly as a bat??"
    VLqvEpg.png
    Malcolm: "D-D-Dad???!!! Did you just called him dad????!!!!!???!!!!???"
    Melody: "Oh no! I've planning on telling you.."
    Malcolm: "Sense when?? I know your mom is a vampire.. but-but-but..."
    AAgHRkN.png
    Greg: "What? You have problems with that, kiddo?"
    Malcolm: "n-n-n-no.... sir... "
    And Malcolm ran to other side of the gym.

TC9dDS9.png
    Greg: "Okay pumpkin, I'm done here. See you later."
    Exja8vo.png
    Melody followed him and stopped him.
    Melody: "NO! You aren't going anywhere! Why did you had to come just now? Couldn't you wait a bit longer?? So I and my boyfriend would of been out of here??"
    Greg: "Pumpkin, I do not kill them, I only collect them. Wait, what? A boyfriend?? Why haven't I heard about this??"
    Melody: "Yes!! So??"

kR1dPwk.png
    sIqwmv6.png
    Poor Malcolm, lots to deal with.

712aeUC.png
    Greg: Does your mother know? What did she said?"
    Melody: "No. And she doesn't need too!! You can't tell her!!!!
    Greg: "Pumpkin, I don't need to, you told her yourself."
    Melody: "What...?"
    QxyEWxo.png
    Veera: "I heard you. All in the gym heard you."
    Melody: "Mom...."
    skD6nS2.png
    Melody: "AAAARRRGGGHH!!!! Just perfect!!!"
    Veera : "What in earth is going on?"
    Greg: "Someone has joined the Drama Club, apparently"

iHgA8Rf.png
    Veera: "I better check on how that boyfriend of yours is doing."
    Melody mumbled something to herself..
    Greg: "Sorry pumpkin, I didn't hear you?"
    Melody kept stomping her leg into floor.
    VklJxiS.png
    5iBMLD0.png
    She went to check how Malcolm was doing. It's not his fault that Melody's family is ... unusual, so to say .

LbiKXAo.png
    Finally back at home. It was late.
    hqjiMBI.png
    Malcolm went under the duvet..
    9qPxNBr.png
    And she did this :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Ellupelluellu - Wow! I didn't know Melody's father was the Grim Reaper! Oh My gosh! No wonder Malcolm hid under the covers when they got home. Congrats on completing the Scouting trait! And now Melody is in the drama club. Yeah! I think they are the "towel" couple because they are always appearing in towels. lol Although, I quite like your Malcolm in the towel. I can understand why Melody is having problems doing her homework. Love it - sees Malcolm in a towel and invites him to move in with her. Hey, he's a great guy, and he does the dishes! He's a keeper! lol Cut little toddler playground, I don't have that pack, but it is so sweet. :) Geez! I wonder what Malcolm will do now that he knows about Melody's "strange" family.

@lilypadmeulin - Ah, Jenny's house is so cute. I think that someone already suggested this, but why not extend the roof out and put those plants underneath. Then, the ones that are not in season will be "sheltered" and they will then produce. I just kept collecting that parsley everyday and planting it. Pretty soon I had so much parsley, and Sakura also ate parsley, too. lol Good idea to stay at the Ito's for a bit. Kiyoshi has a high level in snowboarding, so you should head to the bunny hill with him and get some of the Mt. Komorebi Extreme Sports Enthusiast done. You don't been to purchase anything, when you choose ski or snowboard, it just gives you a cheap set.

@Skeilah - So, some of the truth is out for Bryon, Johnny and Naoki, and also Jess found out that Bryon and Naoki are a couple. Oh gee...poor Jess...heartbroken that she found another genius, but he's with someone already. That was hard. Also, oh my gosh, the behind the scenes, Bryon's father is a wizard - spellcaster I guess? So, does that mean that Bryon might have a spellcaster trait? Oh, no wonder the police can't catch him, because he can just disappear and go anywhere. And also change into something else, like a cat, that Eliza beings into the police station. And then he meets Roxanne, and springs her from jail..to train her as a spellcaster? Oh geez...Isaius might regret this...you don't know what we know about Roxanne! She might be your undoing!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks! I've always liked that hairstyle, as evidenced by Leanne wearing the same, only blue/black in one of the screenshots. She's another one of my Sims, my Collector Sim. She's collected everything there was in the game up to the point where I stopped playing her.

It almost seemed like fate Essa met Simeon, he just happened to be in the bar when she went there. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have her talk to him and I just ran with the story from there. I find it so much easier and less stressful just writing on the fly using whatever screenshots I get while Essa is out and about, rather than trying to 'stage' screenshots for the writing. That's tough! o.O

@Skeilah
    Whoa! I absolutely loved this chapter! It answers so many questions and was a great set-up for next month. I have a feeling Bryon will be the one to end up defeating his Father by learning the craft. I'm curious, was Isaius a Spellcaster all along? And if so, does Bryon have the bloodline trait? Annnnd, did you plan all this out from the beginning? If so, it's brilliant! :)

Love how Isaius was able to sneak into the police station as a cat, very cool! Equally cool how he's using Roxanne as an accomplice now.

Okay, now that I've commented on the behind the scenes, let's get to the actual story. :D Poor Jess, she looks devastated. Well I'm sure Johnny will come to the rescue at some point to mend her broken heart. Great explanation Eliza came up with for the hair dye situation. I can see why she's considered such a great cop! ;) BTW, cracks me up every time I see Naoki now in that hairstyle. :D It kind of suits him though really.

Clever girl! You're exactly right, my mistake was the makeup. I'd only changed her outfits and makeup for casual, swimwear, sleep and hot weather while they were in Sulani. Of course it was cold when they got back to Windenburg. I had all my screenshots done before I noticed. D'oh! Didn't feel like doing them all over again, so I just left it. Somehow I knew you'd notice at least. :D Thanks about the end screenshot. I was going to use it for the pic of the day, but it seemed more appropriate at the end, hence the reason that day doesn't have a title. The title is the quote on the screenshot. :)

Yay for Eliza's fast thinking to save the day! ;)

I'm happy Essa's looking more like herself too. She looked too old to me with the Goth look. It was a stunning look, but I think she looks prettier now, more natural. I love all the Sages, they've all played a part in some of my other saves. Morgyn is actually my favorite, but I have a soft spot for Simeon too. I didn't purposely plan to use Simeon for Essa's story though, he just happened to be at the bar when she went there.

They had a chat and he walked over to the fireplace and I happened to catch him give her that curious look. So I sat and thought, 'Now why would he look at her that way?' And the idea just popped in my head about him knowing her Mother and I ran with it. Which has led me to some other ideas for her time in Glimmerbrook. ;)

P.S. I apologize for always giving you such giant comments to read. I tend to go overboard sometimes. *blushes*

@lilypadmeulin
    Yay! So happy Jenny was able to get a gold Simi and afford to get a shower! It may be the cheapest, but it's better than nothing and she doesn't have travel or wash her hands a zillion times at the sink. Nice that she got a carrot to plant too. Her garden is coming along nicely. :) So glad the Onsen is there for our Sims to take advantage of the facilities. Essa probably would've been fixing a bunch of sinks in the bar and/or lounge otherwise. :D

@Hermitgirl
    Thanks, I have some plans for that coming up soon. ;) I agree and said the same in my comments to others above. She does look better with a more natural look as she had at the beginning. I never wrote Josh's reaction to her Gothic look, maybe I will when he sees her again in relation to her new look. But you're right too, he always thinks she's beautiful not matter what because when he calls her that? He's not really talking about her appearance so much, it's the beauty he sees inside, her beautiful soul. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Rawr! I see you couldn't help using that smexy pic of Malcom with Melody standing behind him all joyful again. hehe I don't blame her! Ugh, I wish they'd give us a small tabletop microscope to use, that thing is ginormous! LOL Okay, so they're sharing the single. Hopefully that'll change soon so they can sleep together. ;)

Oh yeah, now we get to see Mr. Smexy wearing a towel at the beginning of Melody's days. I'm not mad about it, no siree, not at all! ;)

Speaking of Smexy, Holy Simoly! Look at her Dad! Gah! Wish my Grim looked like that. He's gorgeous! Bummer Paolo died, but nice that she got to see dear old Dad, even if she wasn't all that happy about seeing him there. :D Poor Malcom getting all upset about it. I'm guessing he was really upset about Paolo's death though. Oh dear, now Veera knows too about Malcom living with her. Opps! o.O

So funny how he calls her 'Pumpkin.' I love it! <3 Very sweet of Veera to comfort Malcom. Hopefully that'll make him see they're not as scary as he might think. Aww man, poor Melody kicking over the trash. She had a roller coaster of a day, eh? Congrats to her for completing Scouts too though! Great update! :)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Karababy52
    Great update to set the cogs in motion for next month! I love how you are slowing working the idea of magic and spellcasting (and vampires!) into Essa's world. And another fun character with an alliteration name too! I feel like Simeon will helpful as she decides to pursue life in the realm of magic. Nice touch with the stargazing animation too! Also, I do see you're putting a touch of mystery/hints at the future in with that comment about "her mother's eyes." I'm guessing that Simeon and Essa's mom have a bit of a past together.

It's also nice to see Essa looking more like herself. Well, I guess we don't really know exactly what Essa looks like - I just meant that seeing her more like Tessa was a nice familiar feeling, and her new wardrobe is very cute. Essa's had a crazy time in Windenburg so far, just with all the stuff with her past being unsettled, so now that things are a lot calmer for her, she can really just enjoy being in the world and finishing up the aspiration.

The plan is to get Emmett and Jules together eventually, but it will be a long journey to get there. I commented a little about that below in my reply to soulgal7

@SoulGal7
    I really like your analysis of my post haha. The night time gardening was not intentionally symbolic, but I do like that interpretation. It is a sad moment for Emmett and Jules for sure, but I'm not quite ready for them to get together. This is going to be a slowburn romance. We will all wait in agony for something to happen between them FOR MONTHS lol. Well, we'll see how long I can actually hold out. But as long as one or both of them are in relationships, I'm not gonna make anything happen. I don't want their relationship to begin with any infidelity.

@Skeilah
    Poor suspicious Rose. She's like, I just want to help children learn, not get dragged into some convoluted plot. TOO BAD ROSE, YOU'RE ALREADY GETTING ENTANGLED IN IT :D Gotta love that teen drama is taking center stage while the nefarious Isaius is still at large, plotting and scheming. But some days finding out that your crush is gay feels more dramatic than a psychopath on the loose lol

Also great use of the behind the scenes once again. Isaius is a sneaky one. Should I be worried about how much you love playing him lol? I kid, I kid. He makes for good updates, and even though he's terrible, he's an intriguing character. I hope Roxanne knows what she's getting herself into...hmmmm

@lilypadmeulin
    Not a bad idea to keep Jenny in the bee keeper's suit haha. It helps from getting negative moodlets from the bees stinging, and it also acts as a good outfit for weather protection. I think spending some time at the Ito household will really make Jenny as good as new. Perhaps that cute BF of hers might invite her over soon too! Though it could be awkward since he lives with his grandparents haha

@Ellupelluellu
    YES!!! Finally's Melody's dear old dad makes an appearance, along with quite a dramatic day for Melody! You don't even have the parenthood pack and she was an emotional wreck over all this haha. I love how her dad calls her pumpkin, very sweet and an unexpected soft side to the Reaper. Also all of your guys are SO muscular haha. I tend to make scrawny nerdy guys like Emmett lol. But totally amazing that both her mom and dad showed up at the gym, and poor Malcolm almost lost it. What a big few days for him, moving in with his girlfriend (and having to sleep on the couch :D) and then this drama at the gym. Very excellent updates, I really hope we see more of Veera and Greg soon!

• Options
    @permanentrose

Simeon's name alliteration just happened to be a happy coincidence. It was given to him by default by the Devs in the ROM pack. I guess they like name alliterations too. ;) Simeon will play a major role for Essa in Glimmerbrook and the Magic Realm. How Simeon knows Essa's Mother will be revealed at some point next month. ;)

We'll see what Essa looked like before she was forced to wear a disguise some day. Yes, I'm looking forward to a bit of normalness for her, at least while she's still in Windenburg. :)

Yep, I knew they would get together eventually, we shall see how long you can hold out before it happens. Good luck with that! :D
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited February 2021
    This is so cool, such a fun and exciting idea! :D I wish you the absolute best and will look forward to seeing her journey throughout the year~

EDIT: Are others allowed to participate as well? Since it's almost March, would it be okay to start in March and then end next March?
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    @AnnoyingTiger

Thank you! I've been having so much fun with it and so have the others who have joined. Yes! You can join in if you'd like to, we'd welcome you with open arms! If you want to play from March to March next year, that would be cool! Welcome to the challenge if you do decide to join us! <3
  • Options
    @AnnoyingTiger - Please join us. We're not all up-to-date. I am lagging behind myself on my posts because of computer probs. You can start anytime :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @AnnoyingTiger

Thank you! I've been having so much fun with it and so have the others who have joined. Yes! You can join in if you'd like to, we'd welcome you with open arms! If you want to play from March to March next year, that would be cool! Welcome to the challenge if you do decide to join us! <3
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @AnnoyingTiger - Please join us. We're not all up-to-date. I am lagging behind myself on my posts because of computer probs. You can start anytime :)

Alright then, I'll get set up so I can start come March =D

EDIT: Actually, I might start on the 24th since that's my birthday! That could be cool, hmm
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    @AnnoyingTiger Yay! \o/ The more the merrier I always say! Welcome to the challenge, I can't wait to see your Sim and your gameplay with them. Starting on your birthday would be a cool way to remember when a year is up for you eh? Great idea! Or in March, whichever works out best for you! ;)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2021
    February Day 19
    B4cHpHz.png
    I got it! I spliced 6 plants and finally an orchid showed up! Anyway I saved the game and planted the orchid and saved again. I had nightmarish visions of the plants going back to dirt if I didn't move quick.
    Mostly I'm just enjoying sending Roxanne out of the house otherwise. She never advanced on her painting aspiration even though she's maxed skilled so I placed a museum in Newcrest. I don't think I'll use it so I didn't include a shot of the build but she went there to view paintings. She quickly got up to the point where she has to paint a number of Masterpieces but didn't produce any today. It was the last day of spring.
    Opps I meant to add so adding in now that she's also doing the curator aspiration so she was also just digging around and getting frogs ect today.
    When she got home Archibald decided to summon Bonehilda and make some moves! Yeah, he's totally gonna be like that! I of course had him moving around like a sneaky, sneakmeister so the Butler didn't catch him. I just have fun doing that what can I say?
    Iumd0MJ.png
    CKlMJOx.png
    0douHsN.png

@Ellupelluellu I'll try not to drool too much over Malcolm and Melody's dad! Whew. Glad he moved in, he can be a big help and frequent eye candy. I still can't believe you made him look like that. I love that daddy is the Grim Reaper too.. now I know what he was doing at the nursing home! That's great lol. I want to know what mod you are using to do that. I might not use it for awhile but I want to keep an eye on it.
    I guess Melody wants to be normal... I hope Malcolm sticks around!

Will be great to have you join us @AnnoyingTiger!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    February (Saturday): Day 12: I'll Be Waiting For You

at-the-disco.png
    Sakura woke up the next morning to find Wolfgang slumped in the rocking chair dozing. Had he stayed here all night? She watched him sleep and had a sudden urge to walk silently over to him and give him a light kiss on his forehead and brush the stray lock of hair from his face. But her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a noise coming from downstairs. Wolfgang jolted awake. Sakura suddenly felt tense. There was someone downstairs.

sakura-you-are-aawak.png

Wolfgang saw that Sakura was awake and smiled and came to sit beside her.

Sakura whispered: "I heard something downstairs. I think someone is in the house..."

sakura-woke-up-and-wp-fgang-was-there.png

Wolfgang: "It's okay Sakura, it's probably just Joaquin, but I'll just head down to check."

Before Sakura had a chance to say anything else, Wolfgang headed down the stairs. Sakura heard some voices and in a few minutes, Joaquin popped his head upstairs.

Joaquin: "Sakura, I am so sorry for waking you. I was just trying to make some breakfast..."

sakura-i-am-sorry-i-woke-you.png

Sakura: "You stayed over, too?"

Joaquin: "Well, of course! Wolfgang said he wanted to stay over to make sure that those party crashers didn't return, and I...well, I had to clean up. The place was a mess! Plates and glasses were everywhere, and I couldn't have you wake up to that! And it got late, so I slept on the couch downstairs, and let me tell you that I might need a massage after sleeping on it. Plus, you know...I had to supervise...I couldn't leave you alone with Wolfgang unattended...so I stayed."

Sakura smiled at Joaquin. He was certainly a good friend. They headed downstairs together and saw Wolfgang with a wrench in his hand trying to repair the toilet.

Joanquin "Er...I'm sorry, Sakura, those party crashers last night sabotaged everything, and I am not really that handy with plumbing. You might have to call a repair person..."

DONT-WORRY-SAKURA-I-GOT-THIS.png

Wolfgang: "No worries there. I can fix all of this..."

Joaquin: "You can fix things?"

Wolfgang: "Um....yeah...things are always breaking down at Bathe de Rill and I give the maintenance person a hand...to...um...fix things...so, yes, I know all about plumbing..."

Sakura: "Thank you so much to both of you. I owe you both."

LOOK-AT-THIS-SIMTUBE-VIDEO-SOMEONE-UPLOADED-FROM-THE-PARTY.png

Joaquin: "Well, actually, we owe you! The Spin Masters have been bombarded with calls booking us for parties. Dominic's phone has been ringing off the hook. One of the party-goers uploaded a video to simtube and it got 5000 hits in less than a minute! You're famous Sakura!" Joaquin said and showed Sakura the live stream of the DJ booth burning.

I-DONT-UNDERSTAND-SOMEONE-WANTS-A-FIRE-AT-THEIR-HOUSE.png

Sakura: "I don't understand...sims want to have a fire at their house...?"

IT-WILL-BE-FINE-WELL-MAKE-LOTS-OF-TIPS.png

Joaquin: "Oh no! They think it was all special effects...I mean we know it wasn't...but Dominic has an idea of how to simulate smoke and fire with special effects and he's going to talk about it at the Spin Masters meeting tonight. He's pretty excited about it!"

Sakura: "So, we're having a club meeting tonight?"

Joaquin: "Yes, I'll call you later with the details, but now, I have to head home and take a shower and get out of these clothes. I've made some breakfast, so enjoy. And if you can't get the plumbing fixed, you're welcome to come over and use our shower..."

Joaquin turned to Wolfgang: "And Wolfgang, thank you for all your help." Wolfgang nodded at Joaquin.

When Joaquin left, Sakura asked Wolfgang if he was hungry. He finished up fixing the sink in the bathroom and then grabbed a plate of eggs and toast.

why-did-those-sims-come-here.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, who were those sims last night? That guy...Rocco...seemed to know you..."

they-were-bad-company-and-they-wont-be-back.png

Wolfgang: "Well...we knew each other a long time ago...but he is just bad company now...and I have a feeling he won't be coming back to Windenburg again."

Sakura: "I'm glad, because he just made me feel uneasy...and the way he grabbed my arm..."

sakura-i-dont-think-they-will-be-back.png

Wolfgang: "He's gone now, so no need to worry. He won't hurt you..." (I won't let him - thought Wolfgang)

Wolfgang: "Plus now that you are so famous with your "Burning Down The House" party, you might need a personal bodyguard," he said looking intently at her.

WOLFGANG-WAS-GIVING-HER-THAT-LOOK-AGAIN.png

Sakura smiled at Wolfgang and then saw "that look" in his eyes. That caring, loving look. Oh gosh! She didn't want to do this now, but she had to tell Wolfgang about Kiyoshi.

I-HAVE-TO-TALK-TO-YOU-ABOUT-THAT-MESSAGE-YOU-LEFT-ME.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I...um...I...really like you and value our friendship, and I hope I haven't given you the wrong idea...but the other night when you left that phone message...I'm sorry...I can't go out on a date with you, I'm seeing someone." There she said it. Sakura looked at Wolfgang to see how he took the news and was surprised at his response.

THAT-OH-DID-I-SAY-DATE-I-MEANT-TO-HANG-OUT.png

Wolfgang: "Date? Did I say date when I left that message? (laughs) I meant hang-out...not date...pfft...my bad...I mean I kind of figured someone as good-looking and nice as you would have a boyfriend. So, um...sorry if you misunderstood...date (laughs again)...we're all good, right...?"

Sakura: "Yeah, we're all good" she said smiling, "And, I was actually wondering if you wanted to hang out after the Spin Masters Club meeting tonight at the Discoteque Pan Europa? What do you say?"

Wolfgang: "That sounds great. It's a date...er...I mean..it's a...get-together...cool!"

Wolfgang got up from the table, "I just have to finish fixing that tub in the bathroom and then I'll be on my way. Definitely have to shower and change before Scouts this afternoon..."

OLL-BE-THE-ONE-WAITING-FOR-YOU-SAKURA.png

As Sakura cleaned up the dishes, Wolfgang stared after her wistfully and thought. "Oh Sakura, why can't you see how I truly feel about you? You may be with someone now, but just know that I'll be waiting for you Sakura. And maybe one day you'll realize that I am the one who has always been there for you, been your friend, been your protector, been the one who truly loves you. And maybe then my wait will be over, and you will realize that I am the only one who you'll ever need..."

Wolfgang's Sentiment for Sakura:
    wolfgang-adorres-sakura.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @Skeilah

I look forward to when my days don't just revolve around Jenny constantly having low needs...
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl

I might do that! I do have some 'not in season' plants, so that would be very useful. And yes, Jenny does need a massive break from the recent goings-on.

Congrats on the orchid, and I can't believe that your guy is hitting on Bonehilda! I mean, Bonehilda is cute, don't get me wrong, but my guy, you have Butler! (I'm secretly living for this drama though.)

@Ellupelluellu

Poor Melody! It's hard trying to live a normal life when your dad's the Grim Reaper and keeps collecting people in front of your boyfriend. And I hope this doesn't scare Malcolm off - at least her mother was there to comfort him a bit and calm him down. The garden is looking lovely as ever!

@SoulGal7

Yes, I'm thinking that's a good idea. I'd like for them to be sheltered, and to be able to grow that parsley!

Ooh, doing that Extreme Sports Enthusiast does sound good...At the very least, he'll be a friend to do anything Jenny needs to do with. The Itos have a surprisingly high level house, too. I was just hoping for a TV, but they practically have a mansion!

Your update with Wolfgang and Sakura just tugged on my heartstrings so much. He adores her, but she's seeing someone...but he's trying to be the best he can be for her. It feels like this could absolutely explode into drama flames at any minute, but it's so good that he helped her out. Ahhh! I don't know what to think!

@Karababy52

I'm also incredibly happy about the shower. Next on the list is expanding, and a fridge, as well as Jenny having her own bedroom. I'll be looking forward to when she's not living off vending machines, personally! But yep, her garden is really growing and I'm hoping she can take all the plants with her when she needs to move.

Yeah, the Onsen is definitely a lifesaver. Jenny would have stunk without its free showers!

@permanentrose

Rohan keeps inviting her over when her needs are low, so she'll probably go the next time, just to catch up and stuff! She can meet the family! :smile:

She does keep getting stung when just out in the garden, though. I wish I knew where to find that crocus flower!

@AnnoyingTiger

Welcome aboard! I'll be looking forward to seeing your challenge when you start!

• Options
    Thank you all for the welcome! I have decided to start on February 24th and will continue until the same date next year. I've posted the info post for the series on my blog, which you can view here. I'll be trying to post them in this thread, as well c: I want to keep the season in-game to the same season in real life and I want to celebrate the holidays on the day in real life, as well. Hopefully, it works out, though I think I might need to use cheats for the season lol
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl
    Roxanne is pretty smart indeed, but she only met Bryon briefly and I actually have this mean plan in my head for when she finds out about Isaius. But until then, she doesn't really know better and just thinks she's saving the world while trying to help Isaius.

Day 19: Congrats on getting the orchid! Cracked up at you saving lots of times to not lose the orchid :D Roxanne is finally having some rest, so it seems. Good luck on the Curator aspiration. Are Archibald and Bonehilda going to be a thing? xD

@Ellupelluellu
    day 16: Hahahah, that picture! So now Malcolm also starts to wear towels? xD Ohhh they moved in together! How cute ^^

Day 17: I like what I see - Malcolm in a towel. I would also have a problem concentrating on my homework if that was next to me. Awww all those cute little toddlers! Congrats on getting the scouts trait - thing.

Day 18: Hello, Melody's dad. Wait. Melody's dad is Grimmie? How did you do that?! xDDD And oh no, Paolo!!! </3 Oh boy, a lot of family drama happening, all together in one place xD Poor Malcolm, having to deal with all that.

@SoulGal7
    Luckily Jess still has a good friend in Johnny. It'll be hard for Jess in the beginning, but she'll be fine eventually. ^^ Yes, Isaius is a spellcaster! Bryon is not a spellcaster for the moment, but I'm planning for him that he'll be a very powerful one, once he finds out he has the DNA already in him. Yep, it's finally out on why Isaius isn't still caught. Can zap everywhere and can change into a cat - but only a cat. Something keeps going wrong when he tries something different. It just won't work. Isaius will train Roxanne some things indeed, but only on a basic level. He doesn't want to give someone too much power, right? Roxanne is really smart, but for the moment she thinks she's on the good side. Poor Roxanne...

Day 12: Oh, the sudden urge to walk over, give him a kiss on his forehead? Are you having some secret butterflies over there, Sakura? But well, of course Joaquin had to make a lot of sound and ruin the cute moment. xD At least Joaquin is a good friend indeed. Oh, Wolfgang is a handyman? ^^ SO, he and the group first break things and then Wolfgang repairs it again? xD Oeh, Sakura made the Spin Masters popular! Oof, Wolfgang has some deep feelings for Sakura. Poor Wolfgang being rejected like that, but he's still not going to give up xD "oh, I'll get you someday for sure". Ah he suddenly looks so socially awkward when he tries to talk himself out of the date thing. I love it.

@Karababy52
    Yeah, I indeed made my start for the next month ^^ It's about time for that, heh? Maybe Bryon will :) Who will tell? Maybe with some help! Isaius was born a spellcaster, yes. Bryon isn't one, but I'll just turn him into one in The Magic Realm and I'll make the story so that he has the spellcasting DNA hidden in his blood, thanks to his father. I didn't plan this from the beginning, sorry :P This idea just popped in my head yesterday when I was writing the story.

Love Isaius Cat (that's the name of the cat HAHA). I just really wanted to include pets somehow. Roxanne is now thinking that she's helping the good side... Oh Roxanne, you don't know anything...

Sure, Johnny will come to the rescue! But now only as a good friend, lol.

Aha! Me and my good eye ;p It was only a little funny to see her with all the make-up while she was free and didn't need to wear it anymore. I also wouldn't go to the trouble anymore of doing those pictures all over again, lol.

Nice of Simeon to walk by like that! If only Morgyn would do the same... I'll probably teleport them over to be included in my story xD Love the idea with Essa's mom that popped in your head. Can't wait to see more of it.

Haha, I really don't mind longer comments. I'll always answer them with love!

@permanentrose
    I'm sorry for getting poor Rose into all this drama. It's really nothing for her hahahahahaa. But at least she stays somewhat on the surface. Her questions are answered and now there's only teenage drama, something Rose doesn't really want to get entangled in xD

I actually experienced the gay-crush thing myself. I had this huge crush on someone in my class for years and one day he was like "hey I'm gay" and I was like nooooooooo!! xDDDD I feel for Jess, man.

Isaius is actually a nice character to play with behind the scenes, haha. But no worries, everything is okay :D Roxanne doesn't know one bit what she's getting herself into... Dun dun dunnnnn...

@AnnoyingTiger Hello there! Welcome to the challenge! I'm happy to see another contestant for the challenge. Can't wait to read more about Astrid! Love your blog page <3 I also got one just to keep all of my daily pictures together in one place - not having to search for them everytime, so it's nice to not be the only one to have a blog^^. I decided to first publish the story here with all behind the scene content, and only post the daily picture and the diary entry on my blog afterwards. I like your idea of keeping the seasons in-game the same as in real life, and celebrating the holidays on their day in real-life <3

• Options
    @AnnoyingTiger

I really love how neat your setup is! I've followed the blog so I won't miss a post! Also, Pumpkin is ridiculously cute.

• Options
    Day 12, Month 1

02-20-21_9-36-10_AM.png?width=721&height=577

The bees are still trying to sting Jenny when she goes out into the garden, to my dismay, but she managed to evolve both strawberry plants today! (Thanks to finally reaching Level 2 in her Gardening skill!)

02-20-21_9-32-24_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I also bought her a window so she has some natural light coming into the house/hut, as I don't think hiking up the bills anymore than I have to is really a good idea. It actually looks pretty cute - shame we're too poor to afford some pretty curtains.

02-20-21_9-33-20_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Once the garden was seen to, she went to school, and came back later to complete another part of her Aspiration...eating food with chopsticks!

02-20-21_9-39-22_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I'm pretty sure you don't eat dango like that, but hey, you do you, Jenny!

Today's Simmi figure was a duplicate Yamachan, and so instead, Jenny went and talked to some other teenagers who were hanging out at the park. I'm having her make friends with others while she's at school - her social need really goes down otherwise.

02-20-21_9-40-06_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top