Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

1383940414244...Next

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining a circle, however the ones on the first page seem to be mostly inactive. I'm 20 chapters in to my legacy, so I feel like I'm too late to join a circle now...It's apparently 2½ hours or close to that to read though. My legacy is largely game-driven, with an occasional plot-based scene in. I'm not really sure what circles are active with open slots or if I should create my own. Any suggestions?

Hi, James! Shall we start a new circle? I just started a legacy recently, too (also around 20 chapters in, but still with first gen, so still feels kinda early). Might be fun to have a legacy circle.

Anyway, I was super busy for the past few years, but I'm newly semi-retired, so now I have time for reading, participating or managing a reading circle, and so on!

I'd love to be in a Legacy Circle with you, if you're still interested!

that sounds fun. most of mine kinda disolved. i don't read much though cause i have dry eyes and i'm drop sesitive.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I'm interested in joining a circle, however the ones on the first page seem to be mostly inactive. I'm 20 chapters in to my legacy, so I feel like I'm too late to join a circle now...It's apparently 2½ hours or close to that to read though. My legacy is largely game-driven, with an occasional plot-based scene in. I'm not really sure what circles are active with open slots or if I should create my own. Any suggestions?

Hi, James! Shall we start a new circle? I just started a legacy recently, too (also around 20 chapters in, but still with first gen, so still feels kinda early). Might be fun to have a legacy circle.

Anyway, I was super busy for the past few years, but I'm newly semi-retired, so now I have time for reading, participating or managing a reading circle, and so on!

that sounds fun. most of mine kinda disolved. i don't read much though cause i have dry eyes and i'm drop sesitive.

You can always be our honored guest--participating in the thread but not required to read!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

You can always be our honored guest--participating in the thread but not required to read!

but if i want more than you i have to read. lol. i love that read all the differnt version but i want more readers lol.
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member

That sounds like a good idea, and I'm definitely still interested. The only thing I am worried about is that I'll end up not having enough time to write and then have to abandon my story. But I don't think that's a concern at the moment since I'm in lockdown. I'm gonna go to start reading your story 😁

That sounds like a good idea, and I'm definitely still interested. The only thing I am worried about is that I'll end up not having enough time to write and then have to abandon my story. But I don't think that's a concern at the moment since I'm in lockdown. I'm gonna go to start reading your story 😁

Yay! Let's have a Reading Circle, then! It can be generally for legacy stories, preferably newish ones, but we can expand a bit, since @friendsfan367 wants to join. Well, her story was an alphabetacy, at one time, so I guess it generally fits!

@JamesSims528 , would you like to start the thread for our circle, or would you like me to? Once it's started, we can also put out a call for others to join, both here and in the Writers' Lounge.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited February 2021

Yay! Let's have a Reading Circle, then! It can be generally for legacy stories, preferably newish ones, but we can expand a bit, since @friendsfan367 wants to join. Well, her story was an alphabetacy, at one time, so I guess it generally fits!

@JamesSims528 , would you like to start the thread for our circle, or would you like me to? Once it's started, we can also put out a call for others to join, both here and in the Writers' Lounge.

my story is always newish since ayden keeps breaking the save til i finish it.its still a alpabacy helps me come up with names and know where i'm at.
    edited February 2021

@CathyTea I'm happy to start the thread, but I have no idea what to call it. Thinking about possible names, I'm wondering like something along the lines of Beginning With Legacies maybe? I have no idea... Also, how many people should we have. I was imagining up to 5 or 6 but I don't know...
    On second thoughts, maybe it would be better for you @CathyTea to manage it. I'm trying to write a welcome but it's not going very well 😬. Also, I don't want to end up having too many things to do, seeing as I'm going 'back' to (virtual) school tomorrow. So yeah, could you start it? Thanks :smile:.
    On second thoughts, maybe it would be better for you @CathyTea to manage it. I'm trying to write a welcome but it's not going very well 😬. Also, I don't want to end up having too many things to do, seeing as I'm going 'back' to (virtual) school tomorrow. So yeah, could you start it? Thanks :smile:.

any thread i want to be popular i make her start. lol.

Sure, I'll be happy to start it! Hope virtual school goes ok. I'll probably start the thread this evening and put out a call for a few more members. Five or six sounds good.

Sure, I'll be happy to start it! Hope virtual school goes ok. I'll probably start the thread this evening and put out a call for a few more members. Five or six sounds good.

i'm trying to write today but noel and lauren arecooperating. i put her in a house i don't like now and the moving thing keeps spinning.

i'm trying to write today but noel and lauren arecooperating. i put her in a house i don't like now and the moving thing keeps spinning.

Oh, that's annoying! I have that happen sometimes when I go into buy/build mode or try to get new houses.

OK! I've created it! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987308/beginning-with-legacies-new-reading-circle/p1?new=1

We have two to three spots open, so if you're writing a newish legacy, and you love reading legacies, let us know if you want to join!