Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'd be willing to join or host a new reading circle if we need another. :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Lotus26 wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome, @CathyTea . It looks like many of the circles are no longer active. I would be interested in joining Phoenix Puffclaws, but I am a beginner and I don't know if my story is that interesting.

We love all stories! I especially love stories of writers who are just getting started! It's so neat to see people discover how they want to tell their stories, and to watch the writing change through time, so I'm sure I'll find your story especially interesting! Pop on over to our thread anytime you want and introduce yourself!

I'll also make a plan to update our links on the Puffclaw thread--I've gotten really behind on that. But the New Year is a great time to bring our links up to date, right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the Puffclaw thread and to reading your story! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Lotus26 wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome, @CathyTea . It looks like many of the circles are no longer active. I would be interested in joining Phoenix Puffclaws, but I am a beginner and I don't know if my story is that interesting.

We love all stories! I especially love stories of writers who are just getting started! It's so neat to see people discover how they want to tell their stories, and to watch the writing change through time, so I'm sure I'll find your story especially interesting! Pop on over to our thread anytime you want and introduce yourself!

I'll also make a plan to update our links on the Puffclaw thread--I've gotten really behind on that. But the New Year is a great time to bring our links up to date, right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the Puffclaw thread and to reading your story! :)

@Lotus26 she's ( @CathyTea ) the one who been encouraging me with my writing/rewriting of my Swanson Legacy and I'm on the Puffclaw thread (which is a funny title for it considering that Cathy hasn't read the books or watched the movies)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • elinsimselinsims Posts: 15 Member
    Hello! I'm a new simlit writer and would love to join a reading circle :) Are Phoenix Puffclaws still open?
    elinsims wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a new simlit writer and would love to join a reading circle :) Are Phoenix Puffclaws still open?

Yes! Absolutely! We'll love to have you! Please drop by and introduce yourself!

I've been a terrible slacker about updating our Puffclaws first post, with the index to stories. I hope to follow through and update it soon!

We're so happy to have you as a Phoenix Puffclaw, @elinsims !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • elinsimselinsims Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks, @CathyTea :) I'll head over there now and introduce myself! By the way, I love your website, it was the first I found when I started trying to find simlit blogs specifically on Wordpress to follow!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Cathy definitely has a good one :D nice find!
    elinsims wrote: »
    Thanks, @CathyTea :) I'll head over there now and introduce myself! By the way, I love your website, it was the first I found when I started trying to find simlit blogs specifically on Wordpress to follow!

Oh, thanks! So glad you like it!
    Shadami wrote: »
    Cathy definitely has a good one :D nice find!

Thanks, @Shadami ! You know I love yours, too! :)

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Any reading circles looking for a new member? I want to get back into reading and writing again.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm wondering which reading circles are still active, and if anyone is accepting new members. To be a little more specific, I'm interested in other plot driven SimLit, though I'm open to other things. I'd like to get back into reading again, and I like writing and reading plot driven stories the most.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I'm wondering which reading circles are still active, and if anyone is accepting new members. To be a little more specific, I'm interested in other plot driven SimLit, though I'm open to other things. I'd like to get back into reading again, and I like writing and reading plot driven stories the most.

You might want to check out Banana Drama. I think you'd love @Bugsie2016 's writing . She has a rare insight and depth of world and character. And, of course, Cog is part of that circle, and their writing is not to be missed! I'm sort of on hiatus in that group, but when I pick up Ten Cent Tarot, I'll be more active. You can check the thread to see who else is active.

I don't see a link for that group, @CathyTea. It sounds great. Can you point me in the right direction?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2019
    Here you go! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945314/banana-drama-a-reading-circle#latest

Not sure, actually, how active we've been... you might be just the stimulus we need, Lizzie! :)

@AdamsEve1231

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Here you go! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945314/banana-drama-a-reading-circle#latest

Not sure, actually, how active we've been... you might be just the stimulus we need, Lizzie! :)

@AdamsEve1231

i wrote today but i keep my updates in my thread , so they go in order. i'm also in bd.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

You might want to check out Banana Drama. I think you'd love @Bugsie2016 's writing . She has a rare insight and depth of world and character. And, of course, Cog is part of that circle, and their writing is not to be missed! I'm sort of on hiatus in that group, but when I pick up Ten Cent Tarot, I'll be more active. You can check the thread to see who else is active.

I was wondering what I got tagged in but it was this so... :smiley:
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Paranormal Paramours, a Reading Circle dedicated to supernatural romance stories. Vampires, witches, fairies, and other creatures that go bump in the night all welcome here. All games are included too.
    Paranormal Paramours
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Paranormal Paramours, a Reading Circle dedicated to supernatural romance stories. Vampires, witches, fairies, and other creatures that go bump in the night all welcome here. All games are included too.
    Paranormal Paramours

fairies don't go bump in the night they flutter around. :)
    Paranormal Paramours

Wow... that's cool. I like it! I don't have any currently, but I do have elements of paranormal/supernatural relationships in my stories. I'll definitely pop over and check it out.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Paranormal Paramours

Are you looking for new members? My story "Forever in Time" definitely fits that category.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    I'm looking to revive my once active but now inactive reading circle The Reader's Nook. due to RL and personal issues, members came and went, and I, too, too a bit of a hiatus from the forums. Anyway, I'd love to see it start up again, so I'm putting out a fresh invite for anyone interested in joining a circle. Stories can be illustrated with any Sims game of choice and can be of any format (legacy, paranormal, true-life, romance, etc). If you're looking for a laid-back environment with (hopefully) a weekly discussion get-together, we'd love to have you.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    @sweetnightingale I'd love to join The Reader's Nook!
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm kind of new here, but I would like to join a reading circle if there are any available. I'm always looking to read new stories, and I just started my own simlit. It's a supernatural drama/mystery with some romance, if there are any spots available.
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm interested in joining a circle, however the ones on the first page seem to be mostly inactive. I'm 20 chapters in to my legacy, so I feel like I'm too late to join a circle now...It's apparently 2½ hours or close to that to read though. My legacy is largely game-driven, with an occasional plot-based scene in. I'm not really sure what circles are active with open slots or if I should create my own. Any suggestions?
    Post edited by JamesSims528 on
    I'm interested in joining a circle, however the ones on the first page seem to be mostly inactive. I'm 20 chapters in to my legacy, so I feel like I'm too late to join a circle now...It's apparently 2½ hours or close to that to read though. My legacy is largely game-driven, with an occasional plot-based scene in. I'm not really sure what circles are active with open slots or if I should create my own. Any suggestions?

Hi, James! Shall we start a new circle? I just started a legacy recently, too (also around 20 chapters in, but still with first gen, so still feels kinda early). Might be fun to have a legacy circle.

Anyway, I was super busy for the past few years, but I'm newly semi-retired, so now I have time for reading, participating or managing a reading circle, and so on!

I'd love to be in a Legacy Circle with you, if you're still interested!