Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

1234568...Next

Comments

• zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @GrijzePilion said:
    > Here's a visual you've never seen before - The Sims 1 in three whole dimensions.

3D with the sims 1?! :*
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    For a decent giggle attempt my string:
    > @lucyajones said:
    > For a decent giggle attempt my string:

what string?
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited January 2018
    https://dropbox.com/s/96g9r1ejqvwr3ho/Sims%201%20not%20in%20Sims%204.png?dl=0

Link to picture of Sims 1 objects that are not in Sims 4 - most from EPs. However, as you will notice, many of these objects did not make a return in any subsequent Sims games: the underwater diving tank (though Sims 3 diving skill outmatched it), the bookcase from Makin Magic with a secret compartment for spell components, the indoor sky diving object, the cake the dancers came out of, the harvestable beehive, the wine cellar (Sims 3 did have an equivalent however in World Adventures but it didn't store actual wine to my recollection), the wine press (it was really more fun watching Sims stomp on the grapes in the press than watching them use the World Adventures nectary), and the canning station (though a modder has made one now for Sims 4). The baker's oven technically wasn't in any other Sims game, but the Sims 3 store offers a baker's oven. The butter churn also hasn't been in any other Sims games.

Pantries also haven't been in any other Sims game, and satellite dishes that work to bring in more channels also haven't been in any other Sims game.

Not shown in this picture from Sims 1 that hasn't made it to Sims 4 yet: Makin Magic beanstalk, Makin Magic vendor stalls, Snake Charmer, Makin Magic mini golf, Makin Magic placeable coaster tracks, Superstar spa steam machines, Unleashed produce market stall, Unleashed New Orleans build mode items, Vacation beach volleyball, Vacation toy boat rentals and feedable ducks, Vacation arcade games, landline phones. Sims 1 never did have official driveable cars or motorcycles, but I believe Simslice made hacked motorcycles that were drivable by Sims within the residential lot they were on.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2018
    There are beehives in TS3. I can't remember how long the bee sting buff lasts, but ugh!
    Yes, you can store nectar in the racks. If you make a "cellar" in the basement, it will age the nectar.
    There is also a skydiving rabbithole that was a limited edition item from the store. I want to say it came with one of the car brand offers and now you can only get it if you find someone with a file online.

I miss the gnomes coming to life and kicking your Sims for using the perfect garden charm. And drunk gnomes - they were the best! The gnomes have never been as good as the originals!
    Loved those spa items! Also the trailer from Superstar that your Sims could woohoo in.
    We need cake dancers...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by alex_alex09 on
  • DumbOllieDumbOllie Posts: 13 New Member
    > @alex_alex09 said:
    > Pictures of the best things on Sims 1

Thanks for the video!! I can tell by those pictures that the family had a lot of adventures haha
  • lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    Hah. I remember I had this whole chart for figuring out which wand spell to use in a duel. Ah... memories.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    As one who has been simming since day 1, am thoroughly enjoying this! TS1 music is running through my head and won't stop... Toss-up between TS3 & Sims Medieval for the coolest plumb bobs - shiny, almost like glass.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »
    There are beehives in TS3. I can't remember how long the bee sting buff lasts, but ugh!
    Yes, you can store nectar in the racks. If you make a "cellar" in the basement, it will age the nectar.
    There is also a skydiving rabbithole that was a limited edition item from the store. I want to say it came with one of the car brand offers and now you can only get it if you find someone with a file online.

I miss the gnomes coming to life and kicking your Sims for using the perfect garden charm. And drunk gnomes - they were the best! The gnomes have never been as good as the originals!
    Loved those spa items! Also the trailer from Superstar that your Sims could woohoo in.
    We need cake dancers...

The Superstar trailer only let our sims take a nap if they were high enough stars - so they could stay on the star lots longer. We did not really have woohoo in Sims 1 other then if you got that heart shaped bed. I do know there were a few mods out there that they said sims were woohooing in the trailer - but I didn't try it. The trailer only allowed my one sim in that was a superstar. Unless they changed it later on - Sim 1
    hardly has woohoo. They had babies by agreeing to have one - then got a phone call saying okay - and a baby appeared in a bassinet in a puff of smoke. Unless they changed things later on - all my Sims 1 were the first ones that came out and no multi-packs.

I believe Sims 3 star trailer allowed woohoo in them though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited April 2019
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I do comparisons for my Simblr all the time. Here are a few of them.

Camping:
    tumblr_niatd5x6b11rzq92mo5_r1_540.png
    tumblr_niatd5x6b11rzq92mo8_r1_540.png
    tumblr_niatd5x6b11rzq92mo9_r1_540.png
    tumblr_niatd5x6b11rzq92mo7_r1_540.png

Buying camping supplies:
    tumblr_ni4ubaKMLk1rzq92mo2_540.png
    tumblr_ni4ubaKMLk1rzq92mo1_540.png

CAS:
    tumblr_n8m5ae08RP1rzq92mo2_1280.png
    tumblr_n8m5ae08RP1rzq92mo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n8m5ae08RP1rzq92mo3_1280.png
    tumblr_n8m5ae08RP1rzq92mo4_r1_1280.png

Plumbob:
    tumblr_nb0gc7hE8l1rzq92mo1_1280.png

Bob and Betty Newbie:
    tumblr_n8vv2yNIwk1rzq92mo1_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_n8vv2yNIwk1rzq92mo2_r1_1280.png

This is why we need sims 1 to 4 on origins. No game is better, they are all complementary, we need them all!

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • tarcottitarcotti Posts: 20 Member
    Fun thread! I'm sure I'm the only one, but I prefer the Sims 1 character design to the rest of the games. I'm just not a fan of how they look. The building design is obviously a lot better in later games.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I still play Sims 2 and 3.

@sparkfairy1 Thanks for sharing I haven't played the first Sims game in a long time.
    @Wilderwolf Thanks for sharing how CAS has changed.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Babyhood22Babyhood22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Cool. Hi everyone
  • RumellKhan1RumellKhan1 Posts: 157 Member
    Beautiful architecture. I am impressed.
    24 hour Sims Challenge.

1. Day 1. Create a replica of your home and you and those who live there.
    2. Day 2. Keep note of everything that your Sim does.
    3. Day 3. Do everything that your Sim has done.

A timer would be a useful tool.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    Oh the nostalgia!! I've played since the first Sims, but I think I kind of went through a phase for a while where I lost interest in the game, so I never played Sims 3, I went straight from 2 to 4. Seeing these bits from the first two bring back so many memories!
  • JengurivaJenguriva Posts: 1 New Member
    Awesome
    f83f8942e6551489.gif
    tso teaching interaction is awesome

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top