Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge 2.0

QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
Hey everyone!

Anyone who loves playing challenges probably knows about the Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge. This challenge is great but I feel like it needs a little update. According to the rules and generations (see the link above) the challenge was created after Get to Work came out. Since then, many more packs have been released. Some packs include aspirations, lot types and careers that would fit perfectly into this challenge. And that's why you can now find a 2.0 of the challenge! :)

I didn't change the rules or the beginnings (you can find both descriptions via the link). The update only focuses on the generations part. Some aspects are the same, some are changed.

Generation 1 - The Hermit
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist

Build: Park

Rules:

Pick any lot in Newcrest but be aware that this lot will be the Community Park when you finish generation 1.

You may pick from these careers for the founder:

* Criminal
* Culinary
* Painter

After you complete the aspiration and grow at least 8 plants to perfect, generation 1 is over and you can build the park (or use one from the gallery). The household moves to a new lot.

Generation 2 - The Optimist
Aspiration: Big Happy Family

Build: 2 Lower Class Houses

Rules:

Your park is built and your household moves to a new house. This house may cost up to 55,000 Simoleons. Build or download a starter house and place it in the same neighborhood. Try to keep the price below 20,000 Simoleons.

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 2:

* Education
* Culinary
* Painter
* Freelancer
* any of the Get to Work careers

Generation 2 is over when the aspiration is complete.

Generation 3 - The Brain
Aspiration: Academic or Bestselling Author

Build: Library

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 3 chooses the aspiration Academic. If you don't have Discover University, pick Bestselling Author. The heir/heiress may not live in a dorm. But you can travel to the campus for the aspiration.

Once the aspiration is complete you may build or download a Library.

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 3:

* Law
* Education
* Engineer
* Writer (only with Beststelling Author!)

Generation 3 is over when the aspiration is complete and the heir/heiress reaches level 10 in their career.

Generation 4 - The Gifted
Aspiration: Master Actor/Actress or Musical Genius

Build: Bar, Karaoke Bar, Lounge, Nightclub (pick 2)

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 4 chooses the aspiration Master Actor or Master Actress. If you don't have Get Famous, pick Musical Genius.

Once the aspiration is complete you may build or download 2 of these options: Bar, Karaoke Bar, Lounge, Nightclub

The heir/heiress of generation 4 must join the Actor career. If you don't have Get Famous, let them join the Entertainer career, Music branch only.

Generation 4 is over when the aspiration is complete and the heir/heiress reaches level 10 in their career.

Generation 5 - The Trauma
Aspiration: Serial Romantic

Build: Café, Restaurant, Vet Clinic, Retail (pick 2)

Rules:

The heir's/heiress' parents were too busy with themselves. The lack of attention makes your sim get the Serial Romantic Aspiration.

The heir/heiress needs places to meet new lovers or to go on dates with them. Build or donwload 2 of these options: Café, Restaurant, Vet Clinic, Retail

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 5:

* Veterinarian (must build Vet Clinic then!)
* Critic (Food)
* Business

Generation 5 is over when the aspiration is complete and the heir/heiress is a teen.

Generation 6 - The Role Model
Aspiration: Super Parent or Successful Lineage

Build: 2 Middle Class Houses

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 6 wants to focus on the upbringing of their children so they don't join a career but they are a stay at home parent. Choose the Super Parent aspiration but if you don't have Parenthood you can pick Successful Lineage instead.

Generation 6 is over when the aspiration is complete. You may now build or place 2 residentials with a worth up to 135,000 Simoleons.

Generation 7 - The Curator
Aspiration: Archaeology Scholar or Painter Extraordinaire

Build: Museum or Art Center

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 7 wants to focus on collecting artifacts. If you don't have Jungle Adventure choose the aspiration Painter Extraordinaire. Your sim

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 7:

* Education
* Freelancer
* Painter (only for Painter Extraordinaire!)

Generation 7 is over when the aspiration is complete. The artifacts your sim collected will be exhibited in the new museum. If you don't have Jungle Adventure your sim opens an Art Center with their own masterpieces (only this quality allowed!).

Generation 8 - The Alpha
Aspiration: Leader of the Pack or Bodybuilder

Build: Gym

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 8 is a naturally born leader. A leader has to be strong so they need a gym to stay fit. If you don't have Get Together you pick the Bodybuilder aspiration instead.

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 8:

* Politician
* Business
* Military
* Athlete
* Astronaut
* Secret Agent

Generation 8 is over when the aspiration is complete and the heir/heiress reaches level 10 of their job.

Generation 9 - The Dreamer
Aspiration: Soulmate

Build: Spa or Pool

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 9 is part of a famous and influential family. They long for true love, someone who doesn't want them for their wealth or status but for their personality only.

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 9:

* Critic
* Social Media
* Style Influencer

Generation 9 is over when the aspiration is complete and the heir/heiress reaches level 10 of their job.

Generation 10 - The Elite
Aspiration: World-Famous Celebrity or Mansion Baron

Build: 1 Upper Class House

Rules:

The heir/heiress of generation 10 is one of many in the family line of rich and famous people. They feel the need to stick out by being famous all around the world. If you don't have Get Famous pick the aspiration Baron Mansion.

You may pick from these careers for the heir/heiress of generation 10 - World-Famous Celebrity:

* Actor
* Social Media
* Writer
* Painter
* Entertainment

If you don't have Get Famous pick the career Tech Guru.

Generation 10 is over when the heir/heiress completes their aspiration.

If you want to try this version of the challenge please let us know in the comments below. If you write a story about it feel free to leave a link as well :)
Post edited by Queenarella on

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    edited December 2019
    *reserved*
    Post edited by Queenarella on
  • AyrthwilAyrthwil Posts: 59 Member
    I thought it was really cool with the changes you made, I'll try to take the time to do it. Thank you so much for your patience in making it available!
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you for the changes!
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    The new gardening career could be used for first gen too?
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Giving this a try
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Will this be updated for everything that can out in the last year?
  • Koal96Koal96 Posts: 16 New Member
    Going to try asap
  • TinaplayssimsTinaplayssims Posts: 10 New Member
    Sounds like a good challenge - I am not a great builder but I think this will make good practice...... I think I will start this challenge next......
  • Nendero01Nendero01 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can the gardener career be use in the 1 gen?
  • potterpuppy03potterpuppy03 Posts: 1 New Member
    If anyone wants to check it out I have a blog about my attempt of the building newcrest challenge.
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/crestlegacy
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    Nendero01 wrote: »
    Can the gardener career be use in the 1 gen?

Personally this makes total sense to me and it's what I have done. But then my take on any challenge is that you change the premise to fit your own play style. After all, we play to have fun, right?

For me, I play with longer age settings, but with mods that make things more difficult (less wages, harder requirements for advancing...). I took my gen 1 to uni for a biology degree, BEFORE I had her move to Newcrest, and she is now working in the gardening career. As additional challenges I have set it on myself to have her grow every kind of plant - but without buying a single seed. She has to find them wild, get them from gnomes or graft them. This is in addition to fulfilling the aspiration, building the park and the getting the 8 perfect plants. With more time it feels reasonable to add more challenges into it. So far there are only six plants she hasn't managed to get yet.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member
    Hey @Queenarella, thanks so much for this updated version!

I am doing this challenge with a modified rags to riches start (starting with 1800 simoleons), and the rule that the only world I can go to is Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls (and active careers). I had so much fun planning out my world that I even got inspired to finally use the sims blog I made when I started playing again.

I'm new on the forums (inspired to join by this challenge!), so I can't post pics, but here is a link to my blog post on tumblr about what I've done so far: https://thesloppysimmer.tumblr.com/post/667785150469472256/planning-my-build-newcrest-legacy-challenge

happy simming!
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    I have a question about this challenge in general and I don't know where to ask. Is it against the rules to age your potential spouses up early? E.g. if I have a teenage sim who is dating another teenager who I hope to be their spouse one day. My teenager grows to a young adult but I don't know if it takes three days or three weeks for this other sim to grow. Can I use a birthday cake to age them up or should I rather wait?