Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Skeilah

I wanted to giggle when I saw Johnny tied up like that. Ms. Ridley certainly has his measure, and he definitely looked, er, stunning in all that makeup!

@SoulGal7

Ah, I don't have Eco Lifestyle yet, although I'm hoping to soon. I'll likely add the lot traits today and let you all know what I picked, but Homey is definitely going to be one of them.

I'll likely combine it with a gardening trait, if I'm honest, because I do love gardening - more so than fishing!

Yup, Jenny was thankfully on hand to prevent Jenna from becoming a ghost! What she was doing grilling so early in the morning, we may never know...but thankfully Jenny was confident for a good while after thanks to the incident.

And yes, it's super exciting when you finally get a proper little hut with a roof and everything! I've not yet tried out the Tiny Home Residential, but I'm intrigued enough to take a look and see. I think at the moment it would definitely suit Jenny!

@permanentrose

Jenny's just selling the honey for now, though once she's got more saved up I might have her store some away for the winter! I mean, honey's pretty good and I do want to be able to make the Honey Cake at some point. I'm even debating getting it for my Legacy family in my other save.

@Ellupelluellu

Good for Melody, that's amazing! That gives you access to the top tier seed packet, right? From Build Mode?

@Karababy52

I am absolutely squealing over this update. She's free to go! She can go be with Josh and live together and be mushy and cute and YES. I'm so happy! Also, Agent Stone/Sam did have that punch coming, I'll admit, but I'm so, so happy!

@Hermitgirl

Archibald looks so neatly turned out, I'm living for it! Can't wait to see how he and Roxanne interact!

@Hermitgirl

I felt so bad for Jenny! And yeah, I was so weirded out by how much they asked for. All she has is a toilet and a sink...But hey, she needs to have running water, so that's the price she has to pay. Still, come on, game! Gimme a break!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Ok, we are back on track. This update covers just one sim day haha. And somehow it is still Jules' three day weekend - though it is finally Sunday.

Update 49 - Makeover

pyewBXS.png

Notes:
    Finally, things were starting to feel a little less hectic. Jules got a good night sleep with Mario in bed that night, and she was sure that she could balance all the chaos in her life. She even found the time to knit herself a sweater that morning. She showed it off to Mario, and then they shared a sweet kiss, guess these two crazy hormonal teens are just gonna keep being hot and cold for the time being :D
    82GD8Jq.png

Then, Jules spoke to Mario about the mission with Bex, using very vague details, but mentioning that it was very important and personal to her, and she would really like to do this for Bex, and Mario was grateful that she was talking to him about her decision. Too bad he doesn't know what it actually entails LOL.

Jules picked up her phone to call Bex, letting her know that she was in. Bex was thrilled and immediately invited her over to her house, saying they could get to work right away.
    moezqUt.png

Bex led her down the secret passage way once again and into the bedroom of the safe house. She explained briefly that the plan would be for Jules to make initial contact with Hugo during his Avant Garde club meeting that Wednesday, and from there they would devise a plan to gain her access to the mansion.

"Let's start with finding you some outfits to borrow," Bex announced excitedly. "And that hair," she frowned slightly, reaching out to bounce one of Jules' curls. "Actually, let's start with your hair. It's a very cute style, but just not exactly the look we need for this particular mission. Do you mind if I try straightening it?"
    w0cPJdq.png

Jules was caught a bit off guard, touching her fluffy hair a bit protectively, but she agreed.

"What do you think?" Bex asked once she finished.

"It's so soft," Jules replied, not quite sure if she liked it or not yet, but fascinated by how smoothly it ran through her fingers.
    BuRkUpb.png

"Now time for some outfits. You can wear something a little bit more relaxed for your initial meeting on Wednesday, but I've seen your wardrobe, and you're seriously lacking in anything that shows off that cute little body of yours." Jules flushed red as Bex spoke. "So why don't you try these on," Bex tossed her a pair of very tight jeans and a top that would certainly show off far more skin than Jules normally dared to.
    gRL60ui.png

"Perfect," Bex nodded approvingly once Jules had shimmied into the outfit, though Jules felt far from perfect. She wanted to wrap a blanket around her body as she stared down at her exposed cleavage, but Bex was already shoving another outfit in her direction. "And try this one too. Since we don't know exactly when Hugo might contact you, we need to be prepared for this mission to move quickly and you may need to have more than one outfit on hand."

"I can't wear this," Jules muttered, picking up a skirt and top that didn't seem to have nearly enough fabric to cover her body.

"Stop complaining," Bex rolled her eyes, "and just try it on."

"I'm not so sure about this one..." Jules said hesitantly once she had replaced the first outfit with the new one.
    tnrUEpq.png

"You look fantastic!" Bex assured her. "You just have to carry yourself with a little more confidence. Try standing like this." Bex briefly modeled a sensual pose in front of the mirror, and then stepped away to allow Jules a turn.

"Daaaaaammnnnnn, girl, that's what I'm looking for," Bex spoke approvingly.
    sy2EL21.png

They spoke for a bit longer about the details of the plan. Bex gave Jules the bug she would eventually plant on Jacques to keep on her person at all times, just since they were not sure of how the timeline of the mission would play out. Bex also gave her an earpiece that she would wear during each of her meetings with Hugo, and Bex would be ready to step in and intervene if anything were to go wrong. (She is actually wearing that earpiece accessory from Strangerville with both outfits Bex picked for her, you just can't see it because of her hair, which is perfect since we don't want Hugo seeing she's wearing an earpiece anyway haha). Jules did ask if she could shower before leaving though. There wouldn't be an easy way to explain her new hairdo or makeup to Mario, so washing it all away seemed like the easiest solution for now.

Despite all her uncertainties, Jules found that she was a bit excited for the mission. It was unlike anything she'd done before. Once back up in the library, Bex returned her phone to her once again.

"Hey, looks like we both got a text from your sister," Bex said as she turned on her phone. Jules came over to look at the message from Dell.
    EssX7Yz.png

Hey you two, exciting news! We didn't want to say anything since nothing was definite, but one of Sofia's friends is an administrator at Foxbury University and has been hinting for a while now that she might have a position open for Sofia. Yesterday, she officially offered Sofia a teaching job in the science department! We've already started looking at houses near the university as we will be moving there shortly. We'll keep you two updated and would love to have you for a visit once we settle in!

Sofia, up until now, has been an astronaut haha (I try to play sims in a variety of careers) so let's just say her space mission days are over, and now she's going to share her knowledge with the next generation. I already downloaded them a cute house from the gallery too <3
    XdjXgQ2.jpg

Also, I fully admit that this storyline is going over the top. There is absolutely no need for Jules to get a makeover this extreme, Hugo probably already knows her from school LOL, but I couldn't resist the fun of playing dress up with Jules for this plot line. So let's just run with this absurdity :D

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Skeilah
    Day 13: It's an alternate save I'll be using whenever I need Josh and VT to be together before she actually ages up to a YA. This is just an interlude, a romantic reunion get-away. Once they go back to Windenburg and Josh goes back to singing with Adam. I'll switch back to the challenge save with VT as a teen.

Oh so you thought about doing that but decided against it, gotcha! ;) I like the G-Gang though, they're so delightfully doofy. :D

Day 14: Just in this alternate save as explained above. :) Yeah, Mr. Horndog can't keep his hands off her and she off him! *dreamy sigh* <3

Such an evil, evil, sick, twisted genius mastermind...with doofy minions.

Day 15: LOL Um, probably a good thing there's a blur censor for at least one of those screenshot. *cough* Oh yea, that's definitely possible. They can even die from flying off an Aqua Zip if their athletic skills are low. o.O Thankfully Josh is Superman! ;) Love the dolphins, they're adorable! Ah yes, that makes sense. Probably why they say it's best to be as still as possible too, so the shark doesn't think you're a wounded fish or something? Maybe? *shrugs*

I thought Joaquin WAS Johnny Zest at first. :D Yes, I'm glad Bryon has Naoki, his brother and all his Partihaus family too! And possibly Jess. Guessing she'll be a love interest for Johnny? Maybe? If he doesn't end up hating her for tying him up to study. Muwahahaha! (yeah, already read that chapter ;) )

Isaius may be a genius, but in some ways, he's really not that smart. Especially when it comes to finding good help and his reasoning behind not caring about it. :D

Oh! I wondered about that. I thought she looked a bit like someone familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. I totally understand about how some Sims are very special to us. That's how I feel about Josh. :) I actually featured one of my characters in my Day 17 post, well a cameo in Day 16 too. He's a Sim I created named Bryce Canyon.

I've used him for a few things, but he's currently in my Purple Legacy married to my founder, Lavender. She was preggers with their first child the last time I played with that save. Bryce ended up in my custom template saves because I played with him in another save for a challenge before using him for the Legacy. He shows up as the gym trainer everywhere because he's completed the Body Builder aspiration. Which is kind of funny to me, especially after what happens to him in my Day 17 post. I won't spoil it if you haven't read it yet. ;)

Also, of course, five of Essa's club members are my own created Sims too. :)

Oh man, I'm so sorry! I thought you'd said cat. Well Bummer anyway your other rabbit is alone now. :( *Hugs*

Day 16: Prince Charming, oh I like that a lot! He kind of is her Prince Charming eh? Yeah, very dark past Essa has had in her young life. She so deserves some happiness. At least Josh can give her a little of that. :) I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted her disguised identity. I should've said 'Jayne' Doe eh? ;) "some random weird Dude" Somewhere Bryce is pouting at you right now. :D

Behind the Scenes: O.O Holy Simoly! His pregnant current wife too? Wow, I'm speechless!

Your Day 17: HAHA Oh man, that's hilarious what Jess did to Johnny! Tying him up to study, then when the poor guy fell asleep, putting make-up on him. She's a bit of a stinker eh? I love it! So cute how Naoki's jealous. I love how he's still grumbling when Bryon says that to him too. So Johnny doesn't know yet? LOL Priceless!

@permanentrose
    Okay, I wondered when you said she'd been pregnant for a long time. Good 'ol MCCC to the rescue again. Fabulous Mod. I'm looking forward to using it one day. :)

Yeah, I'd put Lander on par with Isaius as far as his wealth and power is concerned. They're both very sick and twisted too. The name 'Essa' was actually suggested by @SoulGal7! I loved the idea and decided it would be a perfect explanation for all the names given to her being somewhat similar. People in the real Witness Protection program are allowed to choose their own new name and are encouraged to keep their first name or something similar. I did a little research on it. :)

She explained how it was the same man that abused her in the post, Lander's Son. She never said what the Son's name was in her story. Your other question about how much time has passed since it happened is in my Day 17 post. BTW her Mom didn't actually 'sell' her. That was just Essa's perception. Essa's Mom just got paid by Lander's Son for letting him 'have his way' with Essa.

Whoa! Can I just say that Jules looks va-va-VOOM in those outfits and the new hair. If Mario ever sees her like that, he's going to flip! o.O Hmm, come to think of it, maybe if he sees her flirting with Hugo, he won't know it's actually her because she looks so different. ;) Glad the two teens are still together for the time being. Oh and I love the new house for Sofia and Dell, it's gorgeous! I love that lot and that's where most of my students lived when I played with DU. They didn't have anything that looked that fancy though. I wouldn't say you've gone over the top with this story. I've kind of been doing the same. Not in quite such a detailed way as yours, but yeah. Great update!

@lilypadmeulin
    Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what VT and Josh's children look like! Hopefully little cuties!

Okay, I figured that's what you meant. It's always a good idea to have some plants from each Season if possible. Do you have an idea of which packs you might get yet? Ooo, very curious what happened to her simoleans!

Day 9: Ugh! Sims sure love grilling for some reason. Glad she got the swimming task finished and was able to get the waterproof trait. Kudos! 444? o.O Sheesh! I think there's a bug with the bills in SE on some lots. There's a report about it I believe on EA Answers. I'm guessing that's why some of us have had large bills while living there. Bummer for Jenny though since it took all she had to pay them. :( Yeah, I'd make that face too if I were her!

Yay! So glad you're happy about the dark drama being gone. I am too! It was getting too much for me. I just want my couple to be together and write lots of love and romance for them and others surrounding them. Drama's good too, but as I said to Hermitgirl, there's plenty of drama to be had in love stories too! ;) Yes, Sam did have that punch coming! He made a big mistake, and a big enemy in Josh. Well, at least right now. They might end up friends later on, who knows. I plan for Sam to continue being friends with Essa and maybe eventually Josh. :)

@Kanindota
    Day 16: Aww, I think dear Miss Luna is sweet on River. ;) I totally understand why he wouldn't want to be in a club where one of the main activities was swimming considering what he's been through in the past. Very cool he got to go back to Mt. Komorebi on the Villarreal's private plane!

Day 17: Oh No! Poor River and poor Dirk! Makes me sad he thinks it's all his fault instead of the fact it's Dirk's fault for not knowing how to cook! I can see how he might feel a bit guilty though considering Dirk was making a meal for he and his friends that caused his demise. :(

Oh man, bummer to hear you're still battling COVID fatigue. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery soon. Don't worry about updating, or commenting, just take care of yourself! That's the most important thing right now.

Hmm, maybe River doesn't need a guardian? Might be better off on his own so he doesn't have to feel so bad when someone dies, even when it's not his fault. Or does he need a guardian to get to the top of the Scouts? I've never had any of my Sims be a Scout so I have no idea.

@Ellupelluellu
    Day 14: Well, well, is that Hugo checking out Melody in the Gym club screenshot? Looks like it anyway. Good thing Malcom is looking the other way. :D Ooo, Angler fish! Did she catch it? Sometimes my Sims will catch a fish after it jumps near their bobber.

Day 15: She wore that to school? o.O :D I bet the reason she enjoyed it was all the attention she got from the boys. Guessing none of them tried to snatch it away from her or she wouldn't be smiling. o.O

Gah! Sims and grilling, such a dangerous obsession. The very reason I hesitate giving my Sims a grill. Very rarely do any of them get one. Oh dear! Looks like she has the same illness VT had. Glad she has medicine already in her inventory.

I see you Nikolas, you beautiful, gorgeous, handsome hunky vampire! *Rawr* Too bad he snitched to Mom though. Hi Veera! :) So funny she keeps getting caught going to nightclubs. :D

@SoulGal7
    It's actually an alternate save I created for when I need Essa and Josh to be together. The challenge save is waiting in the wings for when they return to Windenburg and Josh goes back to finish up the gig with Adam. I'll switch back to the challenge save at that point where Essa is still very much a teen. :) The dolphins are so cute! Love them! The shark wasn't in the real deep water, it was by the buoy in front of the house by the reefs, so not the Lagoon in town. Adam's house is in the expensive area of Sulani on what was the Nagata's lot. The AquaZips were a blast too! Especially since they both have high fitness skills.

Hmm, I think I need to work on my writing skills to make what I write a bit clearer. You're like the third person to ask if Lander was the guy that abused her when she told Josh it was Lander's Son. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. :( Your other questions, most of them, should be answered in my most recent post for Day 17. "some creepy guy" Aww, my Sim Bryce is doubly pouting now. Skeilah called him "some random weird Dude." LOL I explained about the Sim in my comment to her if you want to check it out. :)

@Hermitgirl
    I absolutely love that a lot of us are bringing in some of our other created Sims to act as 'extras' in our challenge stories! Make it more fun that way eh? Archibald is actually cute! I like him! Bummer that he's still got residue leftover from the Gloomy trait though. Perhaps that will wear off over time? One can hope anyway. Your explanation makes perfect sense for why you decided to add him to Roxanne's household. I haven't been able to play my Paranormal save in a long time too. I'm hoping things will slow down a bit for Essa coming up and then I might be able to play it.

Oh Gosh, yeah, I think she knew deep down he would understand. She's just feeling very vulnerable and stressed, like you said. It's funny you say that about Agent Stone. I purposely left out who he was for the following chapter just so y'all would wonder if he was a good guy or a bad guy. hehe Hey, gotta have some fun with cliffhangers eh? ;)

Yep, everything is sunshine and roses for Essa in her world at the moment and yes, I don't have to make her move with another new identity anymore. *Whew* I like drama, but it was getting to intense for me since I prefer writing romance/love stories. Can still have lots of drama for those type of stories though too. ;) Thanks about the screenshots! It's so easy to get beautiful shots in Sulani. :)

Oh, Wow, that's a long time. I wonder why it's taking so long for Roxanne to get one. Is she not home a lot? That might have something to do with it. I don't know. And about why you got the Mod, I get it now. You wanted to scent the bouquets with more than one scent. That makes sense. I wish we could do that in a vanilla game too. *sigh*

Poor patchy! :D Yeah, might want to stash that bouquet and give the strawman a break. ;)

Whew! Think I'm caught up, at least here in this thread. I'll catch up with any PMs as well. I might play with Essa a bit too before feeding my cats and then getting some sleep. Maybe I'll have a post not long after I get up later, or if not definitely no placeholder will be needed again and I should be able to keep up with comments better now too. I apologize for this monster of a comments post, but hopefully putting them in spoilers helps. Have a great day/night y'all! <3
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52 thanks for clarifying, my brain is trying to keep all our stories and updates straight, so I may need to ask some questions every now and then. I’m going to reread your day 16 post later too, I think I read it too fast yesterday. I’ll reply to your comments and day 17 later when I’m on my computer!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose
    Am I a freak too for liking this dark side in my story? :D But at least I have the feeling that nobody dislikes it, so that's a huge phew. Still trying to make it more funny in the future with the G-gang.

Jess is so much more extravert in this story than she is in my legacy, but I actually like this playful and meanie side of her :D I also think Bryon's glasses are pretty cute. Maybe I'll keep them XD The hair will still get back to blue tho. Someday... But yeah, I also like the black on him.

Update 49: Jules looks bomb! Nobody would recognize her if she walked outside like that, I think. Not even Mario. Sooo different! Even Hugo will be like "Jules Warner??? From school??? No wayyyyy". Love the soon to be new house of Sofia and Dell <3

@SoulGal7
    It's only getting weirder and weirder. But at least I'm going to try to make it less dark and more funny, although there probably will follow some more dark behind the scenes...

Heheheheh, Johnny deserves it. But I actually feel bad for him too xD Just a little.

I absolutely love the homeschoolers. So happy that I included them!

Maybe Paolo will just keep the blue hair. He's liking it too. Joaquin doesn't like to be seen as Johnny Zest xD Poor guy. Real coincidence that Johnny Ellison and Johnny Zest have the same hairstyle and the same first name!

@Karababy52
    Update: I almost got scared when Agent Stone showed up, but after a good beating from supersim Josh, he actually comes with good news. Essa is freeeee!!!! That made me so happy. Well, at least this drama is over and Essa can start having a good life. Can't wait to find out what's in for her! Love the ending picture from the plane. <3

Ohhh, an alternative safe. Smart! Loved every part of it, but I think now it's time to go back to actual gameplay ^^

hehehe, gotta love the combination of Isaius and the minions.

You could be right about the staying as still as possible thing when sharks pass by! A shark mostly think you're a fish when you're on a surfboard, but they were just swimming. The chances of getting eaten were very little, but of course, if that was some confused shark.... Let's just say we're still happy that they came out of the water unharmed.

HAHAHHA so many people thought Joaquin was Johnny Zest xD Maybe I should've hired Johnny Zest to be Johnny Ellison...

Jess could definitely become a love interest for Johnny, but not yet... :D They'll be all playful around each other but they don't see each other that way - until a certain point, that is. Theehee!

Isaius will be Isaius. :D I now have this love-hate relationship with him. I actually love playing the guy and writing this dark side in my story but man, if that guy really existed... I would run away as far as I could.

Wait, who's Bryce Canyon? xD Oh, wait, is he the agent? I already read it! You just gave him another name in this safe?

For most people, a rabbit isn't the same as a cat or a dog, but it is for me. Those two mean the world to me, and now I've only got one left :( But I gave it a place. *hug back*

HAHAHAH I'm so sorry, Bryce. Didn't mean it that way. I just couldn't figure out your name so decided to go with random weird dude xD

Yeah, Kumiko is Isaius' current wife. It's getting worse...

Oh, Johnny will be mad in the update of today! Probably not for long, but still xD Johnny and Jess actually get along quite well, although they're so different from each other. It's cute to see.

@Hermitgirl
    Aha! A new household member to live with Roxanne. Nice to meet you, Archibald!

Wait, you have dungeons? xD I'm glad that you and basically everyone approves of this dark side in my story. I knew from the beginning that using Bryon would go together with something dark, but now that I'm actually writing it all out... I can imagine that some people don't like this kind of story.

HAHAHAHAH OH MY. You're giving me so many weird ideas about Jess now. No no no no. We're not going THAT far. She was just learning the guy a lesson for being the way he was yesterday with Ms. Douglas. Nothing more! :D

Ohhh okay. I didn't knew that your Sim grew a little older from selling their soul, even if aging is off. Well, look out that she's not aging up before it's allowed in the story heh!

@lilypadmeulin
    Can't wait to write about today, when Jess comes back for another homeschooling - facing a really angry Johnny! xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @permanentrose

Absolutely loving the updates! Love Jules' makeover, she looks completely different and extremely beautiful. I really hope this doesn't backfire on her too badly, but I'll be glued to my seat anyway if it does...

@Karababy52

Ooh, VT and Josh having children sounds absolutely adorable! I mean, there's no way they wouldn't be the cutest ever, and you know we'd all be clamouring to see them!

I've just received some money as an early birthday present, so I've gone ahead and bought Eco Living! I think now that should be all the worlds unlocked, but I'm very happy to have unlocked it as I love some of the Eco Living stuff, and it should also give Jenny some more stuff to explore, right?

I'd definitely call it a bug given how small Jenny's lot is. I shudder to think what the next bills are going to be like when I have a bigger lot, but hey, I guess we'll all just have to wait until it's fixed. I hope that's soon, though.

I hope that VT and Josh can keep Sam as a friend. He does seem genuinely remorseful about what he's done.
    Day 10, Month 1

02-18-21_10-45-49_AM.png?width=721&height=577

No photos other than what's above today, as Jenny's needs are going lower and lower and I had to run around trying to fill them. She got stung by her bees, and I'm not sure how to calm them down - is that just random?

Nothing of note happened today, really, but she did go to the onsen to eat and shower.
    @Karababy52 @lilypadmeulin @Skeilah Isn't it funny how different a sim can look when you just change their hair? I guess Jules' CC hair is just so distinctive that she's almost unrecognizable with a new style. It's just funny that I changed nothing about her except her hair and put on a little bit more make up than she usually wears, and bam, she looks like a completely different sim...
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 - All I can say of the last update is - thank goodness she is free! Yes! Essa can now live her life drama-free, well, sort of, because there is always drama in the sims. lol And that look on Josh's face towards Agent Stone...dagger eyes. Love the shot of that sea plane over the water. I am soo, sooo, very happy for Essa and that she is now free of the past. I am hoping, though, that Lander is really dead, and not some made-up story, and he is still somehow out there. Probably someone "wasted" him while he was in jail. Good riddance to him. Long live Essa and Josh to their future happiness together :) Woot! I like happy :)
    Day 10, Month 1

02-18-21_10-45-49_AM.png?width=721&height=577

No photos other than what's above today, as Jenny's needs are going lower and lower and I had to run around trying to fill them. She got stung by her bees, and I'm not sure how to calm them down - is that just random?

Nothing of note happened today, really, but she did go to the onsen to eat and shower.

@lilypadmeulin - I think it was @Ellupelluellu that mentioned in a previous post here, but if you have crocus, it will calm the bees.
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52
    I reread your day 16 post and then your day 17, I think I just needed to sit down and read everything a bit more carefully now that I had time and energy today. Definitely a crazy ride for Essa! She's been through so much, poor baby. I'm glad she has Josh to love and protect her from now on though - it really shows how much they love each other since Josh can see her for more than her past and the hard decisions she had to make.

I had to laugh at that fight. You got a good screenshot there. Josh would probably kill a man in a second if it meant protecting Essa. Your story with Essa's past definitely came to a conclusion faster than I thought it would! I was expecting Agent Stone to bring a lot more drama and trouble for her, so it is a relief that she can stop running for now. I have to wonder though if stuff from this backstory and the characters involved will start popping up a bit in her future though, I feel like it can't be completely over...

How much longer is Josh's tour with Adam? Again, sorry if I missed that somewhere (I can be bad with catching details and remembering them sometimes, my brain is always going a mile a minute)...I assume you're going to try to keep them sort of apart for the next month since Essa still can't actually be in a relationship with Josh when you're playing your main save with her, and not having them rip each other's clothes off every three minutes would be a very hard sacrifice to make HAHA.

Also, Agent Stone is cute. You really have such cute male sims in your game :)

I'm glad you don't think I'm going over the top haha. I've just been getting a lot of ideas lately that really tie a lot of things together, and since I love telling stories with my sims, I definitely feel in my element these days.

@lilypadmeulin
    Jules had a day like that back near the beginning, where she was so depleted in all her needs that I didn't even know how to properly fill them. I felt like as soon as I filled one, another would go down to the red, and when I was filling one of the others, the ones I would fill would just plummet again. Her sister ended up inviting her over, and Jules stayed at her apartment for several days to recuperate. Does she have the 'always welcome' trait yet? If so, you should just have her crash with one of the families in Mt. Komorebi for a few days so she can get back on her feet easily. I don't know how much you play with reward traits, but once I started gaining some aspiration points, I was quick to buy Jules some of the traits that made her needs decay slower so I could start focusing on other things during gameplay. Just some tips! Poor Jenny!

@Hermitgirl
    Archibald is such a cute sad man, I love him. That's a fun idea, to have him in your household to properly play the paranormal investigator career (which I totally still need to explore). I think he fits right in with Roxanne's friends, so I'm sure he'll be a fun addition to your game.
    edited February 2021
    @Hermitgirl - I love the addition of Archibald (aka Renfield lol). And I know you are just itching to get that Paranormal Career going, but unfortunately a teen can't do it. So, yes, love this guy. He will fit right in the craziness that is Roxanne. lol

@permanentrose - Holy Smoly - Jules is looking Hot! Hot! Hot! Bex does know Hugo looks, right? lol Maybe she is hoping that Hugo will go ga-ga over Jules in her make-over. I am sure that Mario will! Woot! And I love the house...the side part with the glass roof looks gorgeous...and a foreshadowing as to the uni gameplay in a few months. lol Jules looks so different from her normal self.

@lilypadmeulin - So sorry that Jenny's needs are horrible. Time to use that Always Welcome trait and go and have a "needs visit" with the neighbors. lol
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    February 18
    wFj8Cnm.png

Bryons Diary
    aqwUBEv.png
    Johnny is ‘mad’ at Jess. He’s been trying to get that make-up off of his face...

N5lLN3P.png
    As you can see… He’s not really succeeding in that.

HB1IbXl.png
    Ms. Ridley and Ms. Douglas just arrive as Johnny walks out of the shower.

qBvwZkh.png
    (Johnny) “You……”
    (Jess) “What happened with your face?”
    (Johnny) “You happened with my face!! Fix it!!!”

6mwMz32.png
    (Jess) “What on earth have you been using to get that off…?”
    (Johnny) “Eh… Just the usual shower gel?”
    (Jess) “Oh boy. You have a lot to learn, my friend. You don’t use shower gel to get rid of make-up. I’ll fix this face of yours in no-time. Follow me!”

grQ5bMb.png
    And just like that, Jess and Johnny disappear in the bathroom.

(Rose) “Johnny’s face looked awful. Jess told me about the make-up prank in the car on our way here. I thought it was rather funny at first, but seeing the poor boy like this…”

0hrEmJF.png
    (Bryon) “He’ll be fine, Ms. Douglas. Ms. Ridley is taking care of it now.”

DBUFX0s.png
    (Rose) “Yeah.. I guess you’re right. Those two get along quite well, don’t you think? I think they would make a cute couple. Too bad that Ms. Ridley already has a romantic interest…”

pOdCqTy.png
    Naoki jumps out of the couch out of interest.

(Naoki) “Who?!”

krQZLal.png
    Rose subtly looks into my direction.

lSaG0Wp.png
    (Bryon) “Why are you suddenly looking at me? Hahaha... It’s not like.. Jess has a crush on me... Right?"

721RqLc.png
    I look over to Naoki, who’s having this big grin on his face.

(Bryon) “What now? You’re going to say ‘told you so’?”
    (Naoki) “That was exactly what I was about to do.”
    (Bryon) “Okay, fine! But I still meant what I said yesterday. I only have eyes for you.”

ziWsIaE.png
    I take the book I was reading and put it back on the bookshelf. What I missed was Roses surprised reaction on what I said.

(Rose) “Eh… Aren’t you.. Brothers?”

FKPOtSY.png
    Eh?

W7Ko0G3.png
    (Naoki) “Is that what Eliza told you?”
    (Eliza) “Well, no… But you share the same hair colors as Eliza and Marcus…”

Facepalm. We don't even call them 'mom' or 'dad'. How on earth would they be our actual parents?

jc0U1Df.png
    (Naoki) “Oh, this? This isn't our actual hair color!"

(Rose) “Your hair’s dyed?”
    (Naoki) “I’m actually a redhead, just like you. And that guy over there has the cutest blue hair I’ve ever seen! Bryon’s actually my boyfriend”
    (Rose) “No way…”
    (Naoki) “Yes way!!!”

1xKqhcR.png
    My thoughts slipped away to my own world for a while. I don't even know what Naoki told Ms. Douglas. Should I be worried? Eliza didn’t tell Ms. Douglas or Ms. Ridley anything about us. Was that intentional? Have we just made a mistake? Are we going to be in trouble now?

KaRctLV.png
    I get snapped back to reality as Jess and Johnny come out of the bathroom.

(Johnny) “My face is back!!!”
    (Jess) “I’m so good at this, right?!”

Suddenly I have the feeling these two have the same weirdness inside of them.

qBgyvdJ.png
    (Johnny) “Bryon! Feel my face! Feel how soft it is!!”

(Jess) “Ehhhmmm. I don’t think so. We’re going upstairs for your lesson. Bryon can feel your face later.

lRkgfFs.png
    (Bryon) “I’m not sure if I want that...”

jKr3LtL.png
    Rose definitely feels a little uncomfortable after hearing Naoki's story about the intentional hair dyeing, but I'm not sure what she's exactly thinking. Hopefully she doesn't start thinking we're some kind of criminals hiding here...

(Rose) “Well... Shall we start our lesson too then?”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Skeilah Rose is thinking, “why would anyone dye their naturally red hair?? It’s the best color!” ;) I love for much fun you are having with the day to day shenanigans of their homeschooling. Johnny and Jess are hilarious. Naoki’s jealousy is cute, and Rose has no idea what’s going on ever 😂
    @Skeilah - Oohh...Ms. Ridley has a thing for Bryon, and of course, Naoki knew that. lol And Johnny's face...gah! glad that got fixed! hehehe And now Naoki has told Rose that their hair is dyed. I hope they haven't told too much. Bryon looks adorable in glasses by the way. :)
    February - Day 18

rcLiHyG.png

One last mushy post, I promise! Sorry, I can't help it. I'm probably going to miss Josh more than Essa. *sniff* I'll reply and comment next. :)

Notes
    xir9Xt2.png
    "I wish we didn't have to say Goodbye again."

7yHDkZh.png
    "It feels like the last time, even though everything's different now."
    "It IS different, don't forget that. You're free now and you'll never have to live in fear someone will tear us apart."

ihTztmY.png
    "You're mine and I'm yours. That's never going to change. I will be back, I promise and---"

QyqITU6.png
    "---you always mean what you say."
    "What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing guy to love?"

JJl7oOP.png
    "You're the one that's amazing. I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

e9YgTpB.png
    YGayIG2.png

JVh4mNq.png
    "I love you Josh."
    "I love you too Beautiful."

ycx5pw6.png
    "Always."

B2zo6HV.png
    "Oh God, come here so I can hold you one more time."

dwtOU6p.png
    "Call me when you get back so I know you made it alright?"
    "I will. I'll call you everyday, just like before."

FF01sv2.png
    "Bye Beautiful, see you soon!"

ApEmMDt.png
    "Tell Adam Thank You for me."
    "I will."
    "Bye Josh, see you soon!"

Oo5CIcf.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    February Day 18
    SHlycNc.png
    Roxanne is having fun just chilling mostly for my next days of in game play. Well.. she is often in a bad teen mood of course but she's not being a drudge for now. Archibald has picked up that slack, and she has time to skill some things I wanted her too for awhile.. piano and fishing mostly for now. I want her to get good in debate before university also. He needs to up gardening and handiness anyway and of course his medium skills.
    I played for awhile and it's near the end of spring. Love Day came around and although Roxanne doesn't have a sweetheart she still gave a gift to Grimmy, he loved it! Archibald however had bigger plans and started courting the butler. I'm not quite sure how he did it so quickly since she's unflirty and usually my sims get shot down when trying with them. But he is proper so maybe the traits worked together somehow? No clue. Either way he was getting some by the night he started working on securing her affections. Good for him and her too, poor woman is usually running around scared. Happy Love Day!
    xvwt1oN.png
    QbEGXnu.png
    HnkoU0o.png
    hJK8rLB.png
    egTcBMc.png
    @Karababy52 The mushy stuff is the fun stuff though :) You need to enjoy that while it lasts since poor Josh has to go back on tour instead of spending every waking moment in bed with Essa LOL. Windenburg looks especially bleak and dreary after the gorgeous sunshine of Sulani. Nice touch with the car too. And I didn't say this about your last post, but capturing that screenshot of the plane was genius too!

@Hermitgirl I LOVE that Roxanne gave Grimmy a death flower for Love Day. Your game is just so much fun with all of Roxanne's eccentric friends, I really do love seeing what all of them are up to in your updates. Also yay for Archibald and the butler, what a great way to celebrate love day!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @permanentrose
    Wow the makeover is incredible. She looks totally different with the hair and dress. Could be a "Bella". Getting some definite femme fatale vibes here.
    LMAO I just thought of how Mario is gonna react when she goes out like that! Where does the bug fit??
    I loved this update, guess I like over the top lol.
    Archibald was the caretaker and I had a little story line I was going to do with him but I got bogged down and just let it drop. So it's great to pull him into my game this way for me. Glad you like him :).

@Karababy52
    Sweet update. I'll miss Josh too :(

@Skeilah
    That's funny that Eliza thought they were brothers. I gotta wonder what they were told before they came to teach the guys.
    And...I don't have dungeons in THIS save!

@lilypadmeulin
    This is a really tough time for Jenny to have a beebox. They usually get angry frequently and need the mite treatment frequently. As said having crocus's nearby helps, but only so much. Now that I have the arrangement by mine they stay calm mostly, but it's a long haul to get your skill that leveled in flower arranging.

@SoulGal7
    I really liked playing Archibald/Renfield in another save. I'm not big on making or playing hunky guy characters, (unless they are aliens in disguise or evil overlords) they are always kind of weird, and usually skinny for some reason.
    egTcBMc.png
    @permanentrose
    You're welcome and no worries. :) Very interesting indeed how different Sims can look based just on their hairstyle, make-up, clothes, etc. It's the same with Essa when she dressed up for Josh and then when she changed her appearance as Vanessa. Doesn't even look much like the same Sim to me! She'll be changing again now too. I think she'll probably go back to the brown hair at least, mostly because that's how she looked when Josh fell in love with her. :) I haven't decided what she looked like as Essa when she was living on the street.

It's cool, I totally understand about being tired or busy and not being able to think or read. It happens to all of us. Yep, Josh is very mature for such a young guy. He's been through a lot himself over the years. Nothing like Essa though and yes, he loves her totally and completely and knows she has a good soul.

Let me just say, it's over, completely. Nothing or no one will pop-up from her past that has anything to do with Lander. That part of her dark past is over. As for anything else? I don't know, maybe. Hadn't really thought about it.

Josh will be singing with Adam until April when Essa ages up to a YA. He might show up from time to time when he has some time off though. Josh is a very sensuous, romantic and loving Sim. It's just who he is. But it won't always be woo hoo 24/7 for these two once they're together again. They had just been apart for so long and didn't think they'd ever see each other again, they couldn't help themselves trying to make up for lost time. ;) It was supposed to be like that, a romantic get-away reunion. That's all.

Thank you about Agent Stone/Bryce. I enjoy making male Sims in CAS and I can't help making them all handsome. At least my idea of handsome anyway. :)

I'm glad you're having fun with this, that's supposed to be the main theme, fun! And creativity too. Love that we can stretch our wings with the creative aspect of this game too.

Thanks about the plane and the car screenshots! They were fun setting up. I agree about the weather looking so bleak now back in Windenburg. Well it is almost Winter, so it makes sense. One reason I love Sulani so much, no snow! Never looks dreary there. :)

@Skeilah
    Superman Josh to the rescue! :D He's been seething about Agent Stone pointing a gun at Essa ever since she told him, so it's no wonder the first time he saw him he'd take the opportunity to let him know it wasn't right and he wasn't going to let him get away with it!

Thanks about the plane screenshot! I had fun setting that up. I only wish the dock didn't go right out to the last squares in the lot grid. I wanted to show it next to the dock. Oh well, using MOO to make it fly worked just as good. :)

Yep! Last time I just didn't save. But I figured this was better since I won't have to cheat their relationship or anything over and over. :) And yes, it's back to the challenge save after today's post. I made one big mistake in today's post though. I wonder if anyone will notice. o.O

Definitely! I would've been devastated if one or both were killed by that shark. o.O But you know I wouldn't have saved anyway since it wasn't really the 'legit' challenge happening during their weekend getaway. It was more like an Interlude or Intermission? :)

I think it was the hair mostly that looked like Johnny Zest. But his features were pretty close too. ;)

Ah, okay. I figured you might have something in mind like that for those two. :)

Oh sure, evil characters can be fun to write for, but yeah, I'd run as fast as my little feet could go if I ever met someone like him. *shivers*

Agent Stone was originally named Bryce Canyon, a Sim I created a long time ago. I just renamed him and gave him a different outfit for his role.

I know rabbits can be pets, my sister-in-law had a pet rabbit and her daughter, our niece, had a pet rabbit and I had a pet rabbit when I was growing up too! He was a black and white Giant Lop I named Spot. :) My sister had a pet rabbit as well, but I don't remember it's name. They're great pets! Only thing you have to do is keep an eye on them when they're out of their cage, they like to chew on stuff, especially wooden furniture legs. ;)

Oh dear, poor Johnny not being able to wash the make-up off! It makes sense since he normally doesn't wear it on a regular basis like some guys and gals do. Glad Jess offered to help. SO funny Rose thought Naoki and Bryon were brothers! :D And the 'touch my face, it's so soft' comment cracked me up too! :D I wonder right a long with Bryon though if they should've said anything about their appearance being fake. o.O We shall see if that has any consequences.

@SoulGal7
    Yes! She's free at last and I'm loving it! Of course there will be more drama, but Lander really is dead, so don't worry about that. Essa never asked how, she was too shocked about how it was all over to even ask. I don't think she really cares anyway as long as he's out of her life. :) LOL Josh's dagger eyes! It was a bit of a feat setting that up, but the 'shout forbidden words' command worked like a charm to get that face. ;) Thanks about the plane screenshot, I had fun setting that up too. Glad you liked it. :) Oh and I like happy too!!

@lilypadmeulin
    Ah man, poor Jenny. :( I'm guessing someone has told you by now that putting a crocus plant next to the bees will help keep them calm, or a bouquet scented with crocuses will help as well. I've found that it helps to not go too long without treating them for mites when they get them too, and they really like it when you bond with them a lot. Bees are hard work really, since they need a lot of attention, but worth the effort. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Aww, so cute Roxanne gave Grimmy a Death flower for Love Day, very appropriate! :D And Yay for Archie and the Butler! The guy deserves to get some lovin' since he'll be working his butt off for Roxanne it sounds like, dealing with all the hauntings and such. And good for the Butler too, of course! ;) Oh, wait...is that the slumber bouquet on the nightstand? o.O Have you checked on those two lately? LOL

Thanks! Aww, glad I'm not the only one that likes the guy. He'll visit from time to time though, so not completely gone until April. I'd get depressed going that long without some kind of romance for my Sims. At least in this save. ;)
    edited February 2021
    Update 50 - At Emmett's House

ft9pFzx.png

Notes:
    Wow, we are 50 days into this challenge! Whether or not you joined late or have missed a few days updating here and there, I think it's pretty impressive that @Karababy52 started this challenge 50 days ago and just look at how far we've all come! I'm totally loving every minute of it :)

--
    So we have finally finished Jules' three day weekend, which spanned for a total of 6 updates, HAHA. Wow, things are certainly getting busy for Jules. But now it's back to school as usual.

When she got home, she saw that she had a text message from Emmett.
    Htf16BV.png

It said: Hey Jules, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My mom went in to labor early Sunday morning, so it's been a hectic couple of days since I was watching Eliza while my mom and dad were at the hospital. Would you want to come over and meet the newest members of the family? We can talk more too.

(Don't worry, she told Mario she was going to visit Emmett hahaha, just in case anyone was concerned)

"Meet Evelyn and Ezra," Emmett told her after leading her up to the nursery. She even had little knitted onesies she'd been carrying around in her inventory just for this exact occasion.
    GcQgpS4.png

"They're really sweet," Jules told him, beaming at him. "I can't believe they're finally here. I feel like your mom was pregnant forever!" ;)

After having some snuggle time with the babies, they headed downstairs. "Do you want to go on a walk with me and we can talk?"

Jules agreed, feeling her stomach sink just a little. Emmett's tone was too somber; something wasn't quite right.

"So I don't know exactly what happened between you and Brittany on Friday," Emmett began, "and i honestly don't want to take sides - you both are really important to me. What I'm about to say next...it wasn't an easy decision for me to make, but I think it might be best if you and I give each other a little distance, just while Brittany cools off a bit."
    8fJRJsb.jpg

"Emmett," Jules began, a knot forming in her throat, but after one look at his pleading eyes, she conceded. "If that's what you think is best..."
    cVLXSjq.png

"Well, obviously, it's not my favorite choice, but Brittany's just in a difficult place right now. I don't want to talk too much about her home life or anything, since it's not my place, but I will say that her parents have been fighting a lot lately, and I think that's making her stressed out about a lot of other things - I just know I need to be fully here for her right now. I'm sure you have a lot going on with Mario too as you guys adjust to living together, so it might just be a good time for us to focus on our own relationships anyway."

"Okay," Jules spoke, her throat still tight. "But if you do need anything, I'm always here."

"And I'm always here for you, too," Emmett promised in return.
    oqc0A8j.png

(Quietly sobbing over here 😭)

Back at home, Mario noticed her subdued mood, but she assured him that everything was okay, not really in the mood to talk about her conversation with Emmett, and told him that she was going to go out to tend the garden. She searched Patchy's pockets for seeds, which I've been forgetting to do lately, and I found exactly what I've been needing - cherries! Now she can graft her cherry plant and apple tree to make pomegranates. Death flower, here I come!
    iOq21mm.png

Then she came in and autonomously made a BLT and sat next to Mario on the couch to watch TV with him while she ate it, thought that was cute.
    6iVvX5V.png

Before heading to bed, she got a phone call from Chloe Tanaka. "Hey, sorry to spring this on you last minute, but I forgot that my little sister has a piano recital tomorrow so I won't be able to make it the Curiosity Club meeting. I like to let everyone take a chance to lead it when I'm not around, and since you haven't had a chance yet, I was wondering if you might be interested in having a turn tomorrow?"
    n8VdkIz.png

Jules agreed, despite the fact that had a million other things going on. It only for one evening after all, and it seemed like it would be a fun diversion from the rest of the chaos in her life.

(Obviously this is my copout way of finishing this aspiration haha. Veronica will bring a friend along to the meeting tomorrow, which will make 8 members for the club. I kind of used @Skeilah's approach for getting her to be the "leader" of the club, so thanks for that idea.)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    Hey all - I am still here and making comments on your great stories. I had written a wonderful "morning after" update for Sakura, and then my computer went on the fritz again, and I lost it. Sooo...was on with HP last night again, and I need to get that external hard drive asap, or my computer might crash and I will lose everything. So, I have been nervous about playing The Sims, so have basically just been reading stories on the site here and commenting. Hopefully, everything will be fixed by this weekend. I hate computer issues. Anyway, have a great Friday everyone.
    edited February 2021
    @Karababy52 - Ahh, so Josh had to leave. It does seem to be a rather sad chapter with him going, but at least now Essa can be herself and know that he will be coming back. So happy you chose Essa for her "real"name :) In your normal save, how are you keeping the bar pink with Josh? Because Sakura's pink bar is going down. Do you text Josh or chat with him to keep that bar up? I am curious because anytime Kiyoshi has sent a pop-up I have cancelled it, and I haven't texted or chatted with him either.

@Hermitgirl - Ahhh...that's cute, a death flower for Gimmie. And Archibald and the butler were "loving" Love Day, too! hehehe Glad that Roxanne now has a chance to work on some other skills.

@permanentmarker - I love that look on Jules face when she is holding one of the twins. lol And so great that she already had the gift of onesies for them. Nice of Jules. She is the eternal gifter. Okay, so now Emmett...now that was so sad that he told her they were going to cool their relationship because of Brittany. Oh gee, Emmett...even though you say you are there for Jules, you just pushed her away. Oh, that is kind of depressing. I feel for Jules. Emmett, if you only knew what that fight was really about, maybe you would think of Jules differently. And it's kind of symbolic that she is out in the garden "burying" her problems. She can't even talk to Mario about it because he kind of feels resentful of Jules relationship with Emmett. I am not sure that Jules and Mario will actually work out because she can't tell him things, just my opinion, though. But the good news is that Jules will be "leader of the pack" for the Curiosity Club. Jules looks rather happy about that :) The photo of Jules in the garden with Patchy and the dark sky...I actually really like that photo because it describes exactly how Jules is feeling about what happened with Emmett.
    February - Day 19: "Do you believe in Magic?"

5HhdyMK.png

Fair warning, this has a lot of text in it since I wanted to try to tie up loose ends before Essa moves to a new home. :) It's getting a bit late (for me), but I'll try to reply and comment on all your lovely posts next. If I get too tired, I'll post them when I get up later this afternoon. Hope y'all have a great day/night, whatever it may be where you are! <3

Notes
    BZyMrTg.png
    A week or so had passed since Essa and Josh's eventful life-changing weekend. True to his promise, Josh had called or texted her everyday since. One of the first things she'd done was buy herself a new wardrobe. Gone was the black clothes and heavy boots, gone was the garish makeup and most of all, the black hair with colored streaks. She'd had a professional strip out the color and give her a new style and Ombre color closer to her own real color.

The hunt for a new place to live was still a work in progress. She'd been browsing real estate websites in a few areas she might like to live, but hadn't really found anything that spoke to her yet. With so many possibilities, it was a bit overwhelming narrowing down just one place to go since she could go anywhere SHE wanted now. Time was rapidly running out though with only 9 days until she had to move. Essa would have to make a choice very soon.

Her personal possessions had also been returned, earlier than expected. Essa was thrilled when she found her most prized possession snug in a small jewelry box. She couldn't remember where she got it, but she'd always worn it since she was a child and had felt weird without the gold necklace with silver stars and a beautiful old key around her neck.

The dance club was now seven members strong. Seven is usually a lucky number, but Essa would rather have eight, if possible. She was a bit OCD about balance in numbers. Two lines of four would look better while they were dancing anyway. Hopefully soon someone else would like to join. Not that it really mattered, she'd be leaving soon and Molly was going to take over the club when she left.

5ZvoLZu.png
    Essa decided she needed a well-earned break since she'd been practicing all afternoon. At least the machine said her skills were very close to maxed out, so it was worth the time. She was hungry too, but the fridge was empty. The Screaming Llama bar was just a few steps from the end of the driveway and Molly was always raving about their pretzels, so she changed her clothes, grabbed her new Winter jacket and jogged down there to get a snack. She'd shop for supplies tomorrow.

There was always produce from her garden if she got really desperate. She really didn't want to eat that though since it was her only source of income. At least for now. Hopefully, wherever she ended up living, the local markets would agree to buy her harvest too. Otherwise she didn't know what she'd do to make a living once her savings ran out.

01AzIfr.png
    After the delicious pretzel she'd ordered was gone, Essa had a chat with a few of the other bar patrons. Including a very interesting man who introduced himself as, Simeon Silversweater. When she asked what he did for a living, he said he was a Practical Magic Sage. Essa had no idea what that meant and Simeon must've seen the confused look on her face because he launched into a lengthy description of exactly what he did and where he lived.

She thought he must be pulling her leg. Magic wasn't real, was it? He certainly looked the part, but it was probably just a costume and the guy was a nutjob. Essa played along though because he seemed like a very educated nutjob who had done a lot of research on his chosen delusional obsession.

CD4tThv.png
    He was very personable and very polite, answering all her questions and even offered to show her in the sky where among the stars the Magic Realm was located.
    (Of course it's floating in the sky, where else would a Magic Realm be? Oh boy...)
    When she asked how someone would get there from here, he said there was an ancient portal at the edge of a waterfall in the forest near a place called 'Glimmerbrook.'

He told her that Spellcasters and those training to be Spellcasters lived there. It wasn't very populated though since many would come out of curiosity, but few would be found worthy and didn't stay very long.
    (Very interesting. I wonder if there's any land for sale. Might be a fun place to live. It certainly sounds beautiful at least from his description.....if it's real. It's not real, right?)

Simeon excused himself to use the restroom and when he returned a very, very pale man had taken his seat. Simeon went around the bar to chat with the bartender and they continued their conversation from there.

TpN9aJT.png
    Caroline the Bartender: *thinking* Oh man, that creepy vampire's back. Well he does tip well at least.
    "So, you're a Spellcaster, oh sorry, I mean a very powerful Sage that teaches others how to be Spellcasters, right?"
    "That's correct, yes. You've been listening very well. A good trait for a Spellcaster if you might be interested in the craft yourself."
    "Uh, maybe someday. This all seems so unreal and hard to believe. Next thing you'll be telling me vampires are real too!"

cDPW9rT.png
    Simeon began to laugh, a little nervously it seemed, but she joined him anyway since he seemed very delighted with her statement. No one else laughed though which she found a little odd.

ttrh4Zl.png
    (What an interesting man. Too bad he's such a nutjob, I like him. He seems to genuinely believe his tales. They are fascinating. He should be a writer. Wouldn't it be cool if there really was such a place as Glimmerbrook and a Magic Realm floating in the sky full of Spellcasters flying around on brooms and stuff. Sounds like the things fairytales are made of.)

Vlad: *thinking* (So she doesn't believe in vampires. Perhaps I shall pay her a visit later tonight. She does have such a lovely neck and I am feeling a bit peckish.)

cDYT2P0.png
    Leanne: *thinking* (Go away you creep and leave this innocent child alone. I got my eye on you.)

Simeon excused himself again and walked over to warm himself by the fire. Essa had a chat with the bartender and thought about leaving. It was getting late and she'd had a long day.

jc0kksf.png
    (She has her Mother's eyes...)
    (No, it can't be her. What makes you think she's different than all the others?)
    (Because none of them had those beautiful and unique eyes. The very special kind that look deep into your soul.)
    (She has the sight, I just know it. I have to find out if it's true. Somehow...)

"Essa, did you want to see where I live? It's a beautiful, clear night."

oyBc1Nf.png
    "See that cluster of stars above and to the right of Ursa Major? The ones that seem to change color and are hard to see if you look directly at them?"

QnKDVaE.png
    "Oh yes, I see them, very easily too. It's not hard. Very beautiful...it seems like they're twinkling at me."
    (It's true! Only those with the sight can see those stars.)
    (Some have the sight, but that's all. You don't know for sure. She must pass the test IN the Magic Realm to know for sure.)
    (But how do I convince her to come there? I know she doesn't think I am what I am.)
    (You'll think of something.)

E2xHb4D.png
    "Oh look, a shooting star! *gasp* and another one! I've never seen colored shooting stars before. That one was red with an orange and yellow trail and the other one was pink with a purple trail! Wow!"
    (Ah yes, Morgyn and L. would like me to come home.)

"I have to go now. It was an extreme pleasure to meet you."
    "It was fun! Thanks for showing me where you live and telling me about your job. It sounds...very interesting."
    "I live at the top of that hill over there, just thought it fair I tell you where I live. At least for now. I'm moving...somewhere in a week or so."
    "Would it be agreeable to you if I were to come for a visit sometime?"
    "Sure, you seem like a nice guy."
    (He's a nutjob. What are you doing telling him where you live?)
    (I have a good feeling about him. He seems harmless.)

"Goodbye Simeon. Maybe we'll meet again one day."
    "Perhaps we will. Goodbye for now Essa."

fvjG7U9.png
    Simeon left, walking down the lane in the opposite direction and when she looked back to wave at him, he was no where in sight. Almost as if he'd disappeared into thin air.
    (Wow, he's fast. He must've really needed to get home.)
    Essa prepared for bed and when she climbed in on her side, she couldn't help noticing the other empty side. Normally seeing that would make her sad. But now, she knew it was only temporary. Soon she and Josh would be together again.

Lcg1EUB.png
    The next morning Essa went outside to tend her garden. The plants weren't looking too well. But it was almost Winter, they would thrive again in the Spring. She couldn't stop thinking about Simeon and everything he'd told her. She wanted to know more about Glimmerbrook at least and if there was any land for sale.
    (I really hope so, it speaks to me for some reason. It would be fun to at least go there and see if I can find this supposed magic portal. That would be a kick!)
    (I need to call Josh too.)
    (Hmm...maybe I've finally found a new place to live. At least it's got an interesting legend tied to it.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top