Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 mobile

Yeah, I just saw a video on YouTube that says that the sims 5 might be a mobile game. So, just so EA knows, I'm not into that, won't buy it, sounds horrible. Just saying.
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    they won't make it mobile, perhaps a spin off like freeplay or sims mobile but the main iteration? nah, haven't you heard the news that the whole game on pc/console is almost 800$? this milking couldn't be possibly made on a mobile game.
    not everybody is into blatant microtransactions as much as into buying pack after pack :J
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Yeah, I hope that's not the case, it would suck if Maxis would go down the same way as Blizzard did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjVdPtB9lU
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, it would serve them right.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    they won't make it mobile, perhaps a spin off like freeplay or sims mobile but the main iteration? nah, haven't you heard the news that the whole game on pc/console is almost 800$? this milking couldn't be possibly made on a mobile game.
    not everybody is into blatant microtransactions as much as into buying pack after pack :J

$800? I don't believe it, that would leave out millions of people. Maybe if you add all the packs together over the entire period of the the game's life, but even then I don't think it's that high.
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, I hope that's not the case, it would suck if Maxis would go down the same way as Blizzard did.

Holy smokes! I'm glad I don't play that anymore, wow! That's terrible. So what if we have phones? The screen is not big enough to be fully immersed.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021

But the game seems pretty good from what I see and read the beta tester review, anyway..

I won't be touching Sims 5 mobile, separate spinoff is fine but not if it existence cost the Sims 5 PC version some features and graphical fidelity. I dont game on mobile anyway.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2021
    izecson wrote: »

But the game seems pretty good from what I see and read the beta tester review, anyway..

I won't be touching Sims 5 mobile, separate spinoff is fine but not if it existence cost the Sims 5 PC version some features and graphical fidelity. I dont game on mobile anyway.

Yeah it looks like Diablo Immortal will turn out alright, however I think that clip summarizes well what happens when a company decides to focus on the mobile market (which is very profitable) when their fans and audience who brought them to this point played their games on PC and Mac.

"Do you guys not have phones?" have become a meme in the gaming community for when a company becomes too corporate and only focuses on money and is completely blind to their audience.

Hopefully Maxis will not stand in front of millions of simmers and say that they have no plans to release the sims 5 on PC and Mac.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited February 2021
    windweaver wrote: »
    $800? I don't believe it, that would leave out millions of people. Maybe if you add all the packs together over the entire period of the the game's life, but even then I don't think it's that high.

Keep in mind these are prices of the packs at full price, not on sale. And it also doesn't include the Base Game, but if you were to buy all of the packs (again these prices are full price) it would equal this
    Expansion Packs
    10 x $39 (USD) = $390

Game Packs
    9 x $20 (USD) = $180

Stuff Packs
    18 x $10 (USD) = $180

$390 (EPs) + $180 (GPs) + $180 (SPs) = $750 (USD)

$750 (USD) + Base Game = Most definitely close to $800

*EDIT - I'm horrible at math

Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
    edited February 2021
    thanks Chicklet. yeah i meant full prices but even if it's not it's still too much money.
    and the game is still active, i think by the time ts4 ends, by default prices it will be worth almost 1k
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims 4 is also a mobile game
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

I'll agree with your assessment since the term mobile refers to games that are played on a portable device and my laptop is portable. 😄
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yeah, I just saw a video on YouTube that says that the sims 5 might be a mobile game. So, just so EA knows, I'm not into that, won't buy it, sounds horrible. Just saying.

Where’s the video? What’s the source? Anyone can speculate. What’s their reason to speculate TS5 might be “mobile” ?

I'll agree with your assessment since the term mobile refers to games that are played on a portable device and my laptop is portable. 😄

󠀡bruh
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    I doubt it, they already make plenty of money by having both a mobile game and a pc game, so why would they want to cut off half of that audience? As much as EA doesn't care about their customers I really doubt they're that oblivious to peoples wants.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Oh actually what i was thinking of is Freeplay 😂😂 just realized. So freeplay is Sims 3? Sims 4??
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

Oh actually what i was thinking of is Freeplay 😂😂 just realized. So freeplay is Sims 3? Sims 4??

Actually I'm not sure. I started to play it when it was released in December 2011. Two years after Sims 3. The FreePlay sims remind me of Sims 1 sims though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I saw the video but I'm confused on how this relates to ts5? I heard no mention of it?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Where’s the video? What’s the source? Anyone can speculate. What’s their reason to speculate TS5 might be “mobile” ?

I don't remember, you'll have to go and do a search if you're that interested. My comment was directed at EA.

Onverser wrote: »
    I doubt it, they already make plenty of money by having both a mobile game and a pc game, so why would they want to cut off half of that audience? As much as EA doesn't care about their customers I really doubt they're that oblivious to peoples wants.

I sure hope you're right!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I don't remember, you'll have to go and do a search if you're that interested. My comment was directed at EA.

Ok. You’re the one who decided to create a forum discussion and share your worries about the contents of some video that you watched, but you won’t provide the link to said video?
    A link may help folks give some sort of understanding to what you’re talking about so it’s easier to discuss. If we have that reference at least we all have a reason to be worried and give out to EA. Or not and move on with our lives.

Let’s say I’m interested. Do you have a link to that specific video so I can take it from there? It’d be a great help, because it means I don’t have to dig through a ton of unnecessary speculation videos that are out there. I’m sure you remember which one it was... 😇
    I looked for it, couldn't find it. I thought it was by Simmer Erin, but I guess not. It simply seems to be gone.