Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Juggling vet clinic and family life

Hi, I just bought a vet clinic for my sim but after two days the other members of her household are completely neglected and she hasn't even had a child yet! How do people juggle the two?
Or should I only play it with a single sim?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Just open the clinic for a few hours a day, when kids are in school, have significant other work there too, and if you aren't opposed to it, cheat needs up haha.(I always cheat needs up cuz I like to play as a storyteller rather than just a game of grinding needs over and over haha but if you prefer the challenge aspect to games over storytelling you may prefer avoiding this tip)
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I tend to create apartments over my stores and veterinary clinics and then bring everyone there. It doesn't work well for babies... they have to be kept on the home lot... but even a small set-up that allows your family to deal with their needs is a big help. The bonus is that they can help around the shop or clinic.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2021
    As I usually do, I had a Sim I'd created (well, actually, she was based on a Gallery Sim) just to try that feature when I got the pack. It was difficult when she was single, even worse when I tried it sometime later when she was married with a kid, and her husband was in the police career track as well.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I have husband and wife run the clinic and operate it during school hours. When the kids come home I shut up shop and go back home to have family time.

You probably don't progress as fast that way, but I'm not one for shooting up the levels anyway.
  • Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    thanks!
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    When my sim had a vet, I literally ended up building an efficiency in the back for her because I was *married* to the job. The whole family practically worked there because I was so invested in it lol. It's a slippery slope.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My vet doesn't work every day, he also has a garden to make more money. He has a wife and a toddler daughter. When he works he often brings his wife and daughter there with him. I have a room in the vet clinic that has a computer so the wife can work on her skills and there is also a tablet for the toddler to learn her skills too. Also the room has all the other things Sims and toddlers need (they also have a private bathroom) so they can take care of themselves. Sometimes when it's really busy at the vet clinic the wife helps with mopping the floors.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    I found it useful to have the treat making table (or whatever it's called - not in the game at present) at home so that your Sim (& their family!) can make them in down time. That way when you go back to the clinic you've got some stock to on-hand to put in the vending machine thingy. Can you tell it's a while since I played the vet career? :D:p:#

I also really wish that when you set a staff member to do a task, ie making treats, that they would keep on doing it until you told them to stop or you shut up shop or their needs tanked. It's so annoying having to tell them over & over again what they need to do.