Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am so sad

dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
I'm about to start crying right now. I am trying to reinstall Sims 3 on my new laptop, and all the expansions I own are registered to my dmel25 account on Origin EXCEPT Sims 3 Late Night, I don't know why it isn't, but I have my physical copy of the game.

Well, my laptop doesn't have a CD drive for me to install Late Night so now I can't install it. I have contacted EA and they keep telling me I need to verify the account and email that used my old code, but I can't because I don't remember what that was, I was given Late Night as a Christmas gift 11 years ago and just remember installing it on my computer. So EA keeps telling me there is nothing they can do about getting me my game code back and now I can't play my favorite Sims 3 expansion.

I don't want to have to buy it again when I own it already and I am about to start crying honestly.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I know you don't want to buy it again (and you shouldn't!) but nowadays you can get 3's eps for something like 3 euros each... If there's no other way around and this situation is making you feel so sad, just know that. Both in steam, cdkeys, instant gaming... there are always great sales in everything 3...
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hmm...

Do you have the manual? The booklet that has serial code on the back?

If you don't, I'd recommend you to take a picture of your game and the disk and contact EA with those pictures. Maybe it will work then?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah, if support won't do it for you then there is no chance unless you are able to remember your password. If you rememeber your E-mail you can search for the confirmation e-mail they sent you back when you made your account and maybe you will find some clues on the password. (Or maybe you can take a screenshot of it and send it to support?)
    Or if you have forgotten your password but remember everything else from you old account you can try to reset your password.

Right now you can probably find Late Night on CDkeys for 7-8$. Alternatively, you can purchase an external CD-drive. I have a laptop with no CD drive to and believe me, investing in one is the best thing I did. CDs are becoming rare but there are still those occassion where you need one. External CD-drives aren't very expensive either.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    You can buy an external optical drive that connects via USB. If you have access to your old computer that had the pack installed, there is a way to retrieve the code: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-lost-my-registration-code-for-Sims-3/m-p/4715691#M198194
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hmm...

Do you have the manual? The booklet that has serial code on the back?

If you don't, I'd recommend you to take a picture of your game and the disk and contact EA with those pictures. Maybe it will work then?

I do! I talked to a few EA help people and gave them the code for the game I own and they said it is owned by an account and that if I can verify the account they can give me the code back. But I don't remember the account they are talking about, I just remember installing the game to my computer 11 years ago straight from the disk!

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I know you don't want to buy it again (and you shouldn't!) but nowadays you can get 3's eps for something like 3 euros each... If there's no other way around and this situation is making you feel so sad, just know that. Both in steam, cdkeys, instant gaming... there are always great sales in everything 3...

I would advise against using a retailer that's not on the official list of retailers. While the non-official ones may have them for cheaper, you can't be 100% sure that the keys are keys obtained legally by the seller or that there aren't any other problems.

@dmel15 Did you ever upload anything to the Sims 3 Gallery that required Late Night? That would be another way to possibly prove ownership of Late Night. Not sure if that would count to EA, but it's worth a shot.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    You can buy an external optical drive that connects via USB. If you have access to your old computer that had the pack installed, there is a way to retrieve the code: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-lost-my-registration-code-for-Sims-3/m-p/4715691#M198194

I don't. Well, I do.. but I had to upgrade my computer and my friend didn't tell me that it was going to wipe my C Drive so I lost everything Sims related..
    This whole thing is just frustrating because EA decided they wanted to go digital with Origin, I own the game and it feels like they want to screw me into buying it AGAIN because I can't use my old code.

What makes it worse is I have Sims 3 World Adventures as well in a physical copy and I was able to register that to my dmel25 account but it wouldn't let me register Late Night hence the current issue I have. I just feel like I am being scammed and it makes me really disheartened because Late Night is my favorite Sims 3 expansion.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What email is associated with this account, the dmel15 account?

Could you have accidentally registered the game to this account instead of the dmel25 account?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    this would make me bawl my eyes out as well, i love sims 3! maybe you could make a post on here, asking if a nice enough simmer could buy the game for you???
    WLfAA9V.png
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    that's horrible, i will be keeping you in my thoughts.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    this would make me bawl my eyes out as well, i love sims 3! maybe you could make a post on here, asking if a nice enough simmer could buy the game for you???

This would be very nice. I would be forever grateful if a wonderful member of this community found it in their heart to buy me a digital version of Sims 3 Late Night, I have seen such acts of kindness here before but I will not ask anyone to do such a thing, especially in these hard times.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

I second this. There are some very kind simmers that would love to give a gift that would mean the world to you. I would have a breakdown is that happened to me
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    What email is associated with this account, the dmel15 account?

Could you have accidentally registered the game to this account instead of the dmel25 account?

I did not mix up these accounts. I gave EA all my emails I have used in the last 10 years and even my parents who bought me the game and they said none of them were connected to the account that the game code was used for so I am at a loss. :(
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

I would advise against using a retailer that's not on the official list of retailers. While the non-official ones may have them for cheaper, you can't be 100% sure that the keys are keys obtained legally by the seller or that there aren't any other problems.

I get your point but i doubt big credited retailers as the ones i advised will get illegal copies of the game. I, for once, have bought from all i advised besides steam, and both have true keys (as it was expectable).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »

This would be very nice. I would be forever grateful if a wonderful member of this community found it in their heart to buy me a digital version of Sims 3 Late Night, I have seen such acts of kindness here before but I will not ask anyone to do such a thing, especially in these hard times.

You may also want to post in the Sims 3 General Discussion forum. :)
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, I moved this thread to the Sims 3 General Discussion section of the forum. :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    We can give people EP's through Origin?! How can you do that? What do you have to do?
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    @dmel15
    Sorry to hear about your dilemma. If worse comes to worse, you could wait for Late Night to go on sale. I wish there was more I could do to help you. I am no longer able to get the Pet Shop that came with the limited edition of Pet's to work, but at least I am able to get the pack to work.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    We can give people EP's through Origin?! How can you do that? What do you have to do?

There is an option to "buy as a present" right next to the regular "buy" option. I never used it but i suppose they'll send you a code that you can then give to whoever you want.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited February 2021
    The code is sent directly to the recipient. Gifter and recipient have to be friends and also in the same country.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2021
    @dmel15 I bought this external DVD drive when I got my new laptop. It's not terribly expensive, and for me it was a necessity since most of the software I want to keep is on disks. It costs the same as the LN EP, but you could use it for more than just LN.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I used Ashampoo tu turn all my DVDs and CDs into ISO files. To protect my CDs from getting scratched.

Works for games too, is a private personal copy so its legal and works on laptops without DVD players, and there is a free Ashampoo license and a paid Pro one.
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    *gives shoulder to cry on* :(
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)