Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Google Translate mafia take 2 (Town Win PG. 29)

bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
edited February 2021 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to my Google Translate mafia game!

ngDTzPq.jpg

Rules are as follows:
  • All players are welcome, new or experienced!
  • Follow the Sims Forums rules above all else. I do not wish to see anyone banned during my game--or the thread getting locked either.
  • Do not edit your posts! :naughty: Or the old married couple will come after you :tongue:
  • Do not post PMs from the hosts in any way, shape or form.
  • Night chat is allowed, but please nothing on-topic. Anything said during night should be kept off-topic.
  • I will be using the hammer mechanic.
  • Mafia will most likely have day talk [allowed in most games--unless stated otherwise].
  • Please BOLD your vote, capitalize, or both. Please make it easy to spot. I.e. Vote: Bella, VOTE: BELLA, or VOTE: BELLA.
  • Ghosts can talk, but please nothing on-topic. Gifs not pertaining to the game are allowed!
  • Alignment claiming is allowed. I.e. "I'm town!"
  • Unvoting and no voting/no whack are allowed. I.e. unvote, no vote, or vote: no whack/NW.
  • Players who are inactive for 48 hours will be replaced, OR at the discretion of the host [moi!]. Players may always ask for a replacement at anytime as well.
  • Remember this is just a game. Please try not to take anything personally.
  • If you have problems with another player, please PM me so I can deal with the situation to the best of my abilities.
  • No whispering to each other [PM-ing each other and talking about the game]. People caught revealing information to each other will be replaced or mod killed, if no replacements are found.
  • The setup will be determined after sign-ups, and listed below.
  • Days will be roughly 24 hours [unless we have a hammer] and nights roughly 24 hours [unless I decide otherwise]. If you can't be active at night send your night actions early.
  • Time will be listed in Central [CST], since that is my timezone.
I have a discord afterlife set-up for ghosts and spectators, please feel free to join at any time! Living players may join as well :)
For other links, check out the mafia masterlist!
And last but not least, please keep in mind that everyone here is human [well, at least I am] so that means we all make mistakes. Please go lightly on me when I make a mistake hosting, or another player during the game. Thanks for being understanding and helping each other out! <3

Game co-hosted by @LeFrenchyFry <3

And the 4th Annual Scummies award for Best Theme of the year goes to...Bella and Frenchy's Google Translate game!
E8hbROd.png
7dW3gu7.gif
Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
Post edited by bellagorilla on

Comments

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Inspired by Round 20 of Sim Sequence
    POST RESTRICTIONS:

This is a very special Google Translate game. So I expect everyone to get very friendly with https://translate.google.com/ because at least one whole paragraph, or the entire post, has to be translated. And if it is just a paragraph, it can't just be off-topic chatter--it has to be game related.

I [the host] will PM you [the player] two languages before the start of each new day phase. Ideally, I will give you a Latin character language and a non-Latin character language to spice things up.

You will begin with your post [or the section you wish to translate] in English, and then translate into the two languages I have given you before translating back to English again, and posting.

For example, the first day your pattern could be: English -> Japanese -> Spanish -> English. And then the second day your pattern could be: English -> Greek -> Latin -> English.

Example of the day one pattern:
    English to start with:
    Bella -- she discarded a strong mafia card, so she might have a town role after all -- 50/50
    Frenchy -- he discarded a weak town role so he might be mafia -- 60/40

Japanese to translate into Spanish:
    ベラ-彼女は強いマフィアカードを捨てたので、彼女は結局町の役割を持つかもしれません-50/50
    フランス人-彼は弱い町の役割を捨てたので彼はマフィアかもしれない-60/40

Spanish to then translate into English:
    Bella: eventualmente puede tener un papel en la ciudad porque tiró una fuerte tarjeta de la mafia-50/50
    Francés-Puede ser una mafia porque abandonó el papel de un pueblo débil-60/40

English to then post on the thread:
    Bella: she may eventually have a role in town because she threw a strong mafia-50/50 card
    French-It may be a mafia because it abandoned the role of a weak people-60/40

Example of the day two pattern:
    English to start with:
    Bella -- she discarded a strong mafia card, so she might have a town role after all -- 50/50
    Frenchy -- he discarded a weak town role so he might be mafia -- 60/40

Greek to translate into Latin:
    Μπέλλα - απέρριψε μια ισχυρή κάρτα μαφίας, οπότε ίσως να είχε ρόλο στην πόλη - 50/50
    Γαλλικά - απορρίπτει έναν αδύναμο ρόλο στην πόλη, ώστε να μπορεί να είναι μαφία - 60/40

Latin to translate into English:
    Bella - reprobatus est a fortis Mafia card, sic maybe quæ erat in urbe munus - 50/50
    Gallico - a infirma respuit munus in urbe, ut possit esse mafia - 60/40

English to then post on the thread:
    Wars - was rejected by a strong mafia card, so maybe that was a function in the city - 50/50
    French - a weak rejects role in the city so that it can be a mafia - 60/40

Please do not just hide your translated section behind spoilers, or create off-topic chatter simply to translate. This is supposed to be fun, but also be a part of the game.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    edited February 2021
    Playerlist:
    • Bella...but she's hosting? :scream:
    • Song, Mafia Roleblocker, died night two
    • Mouse, Mafia Godfather, eliminated day three
    • DeKay, Town Jailkeeper, died night one
    • Tuti, Vanilla Townie, eliminated day one
    • Broncos, Vanilla Townie, survived!
    • Nush, Town Vigilante, died night two
    • Pandora, Town Cop, eliminated day two
    • Caro, Bulletproof Townie, survived!

Replacement list:
    • Bella...but she's hosting? :scream:
    • Seriously y'all
    • We have
    • No one
    • To replace
    • If we need
    • 😭😭😭

Lol, actually Tuti can replace if need be.

Setup information:
    Greater Idea, Classic

Co-hosted by Frenchy <3
    7dW3gu7.gif
    edited February 2021
    Voting history:
    Day one:
    DeKay v. Nush
    Keyen v. Bella
    DeKay v. Song
    Caro v. Broncos
    Tuti v. Caro
    Tuti unvotes
    Pandora v. Tuti
    Broncos v. Tuti
    DeKay v. Broncos
    DeKay v. Song
    Caro unvotes
    Nush v. Tuti
    Song v. Broncos
    Caro v. Broncos

Broncos (2) - Song, Caro
    Tuti (3) - Pandora, Broncos, Nush
    Song (1) - DeKay
    Day two:
    Pandora v. Song
    Caro v. Pandora
    Broncos v. Song
    Broncos v. Pandora
    Mouse v. Pandora
    Song v. Pandora

Song (1) - Pandora
    Pandora (4) - Caro, Broncos, Mouse, Song (hammer)
    Day three:
    Mouse v. Broncos
    Broncos v. Mouse
    Caro v. Mouse

Broncos (1) - Mouse
    Mouse (2) - Broncos, Caro

Links to day & night:
    Day one; page three
    Night one; page twenty
    Day two; page twenty-one
    Night two; page twenty-six
    Day three; page twenty-seven
    Town win; page twenty-nine

Super secret stuff:
    made ya look :naughty::tongue:
    made ya look again, didn't I, Rose? :naughty::tongue:

Annnnd now y'all can post :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I loved this game the first time I played, so I’m excited to play again! Sign me up!
    they/he
    xSongx wrote: »
    I loved this game the first time I played, so I’m excited to play again! Sign me up!

Ahh, I'm so glad to hear that! I'm honestly so excited to be hosting it again :grin:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’ll play!
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Super secret stuff:

Ok Bella...I see how its gonna be :tongue:
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Super secret stuff:

Well, if you're not going to play I just have to include you somehow! :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'll play.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    if dekays playing ill play!
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
    its great to have u back dekay we missed u
    its great to have u back dekay we missed u

b109dec73282ed022d67d2b5d4522672319b2da7.gifv
    FwDXXd5.gif

Thanks for the interest in the game, Tuti. Have you read all the information about the theme? This game will contain posting restrictions where your game related posts will have to go through Google Translate. Is that something you think you can do?
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I will play... only because it's an award-winning theme ;)
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I would love a chance to try this! Is there still a spot?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Super secret stuff:

Well, if you're not going to play I just have to include you somehow! :joy:

Believe me. I want to play, but I can't commit to it right now. :(
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt

Thanks for the interest in the game, Tuti. Have you read all the information about the theme? This game will contain posting restrictions where your game related posts will have to go through Google Translate. Is that something you think you can do?

hi bella ive had a read through now and it sounds like a really fun idea :sweat_smile: im exited to play!
    hi bella french is my first language so please dont give it to me because i dont no if it will effect the game at all :)
    hi bella french is my first language so please dont give it to me because i dont no if it will effect the game at all :)

No, it won't cuz the point of the post restriction is for you to put in your Eng text first and then translate it to let's say, French using Google Translate (you shouldn't be translating it on your own), and then the another language given and then back to English.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

No, it won't cuz the point of the post restriction is for you to put in your Eng text first and then translate it to let's say, French using Google Translate (you shouldn't be translating it on your own), and then the another language given and then back to English.

dw dekay i no i read the first page but if i translate it to french on google ill no what it says and it might ruin the suprise maybe
  • Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    I'll play if you'll have me! :)

So just to confirm, any on-topic post that we make must have either a whole paragraph or the entire post run through two languages before translating back to English then posting it? :)

dw dekay i no i read the first page but if i translate it to french on google ill no what it says and it might ruin the suprise maybe

You are supposed to know what it says cuz you were the one who wrote the Eng text at first. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

So just to confirm, any on-topic post that we make must have either a whole paragraph or the entire post run through two languages before translating back to English then posting it? :)

Ya. The two languages will be given to you and it will change every day phase.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

Ya. The two languages will be given to you and it will change every day phase.

Awesome! I look forward to it!
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I highly suggest bookmarking google translate now to make it easier in the game :)
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg