Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#SimsRevolution on Twitter - your thoughts

2...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Neutral
    Eh, who knows?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Neutral
    logion wrote: »
    And people also combine it with this "inclusiveness" that Maxis is using to promote the sims and their own personal feelings. For example people wanting to customize so the game doesn't say him or her and they combine it with other posts where they share their depression, anxiety and sexuality...

I often wonder if this turmoil has all been brought on by The Sims, Maxis, the Gurus, etc because of this focus on inclusivity. Gone are the days when they just produce a game and either you buy it and like it or you don't.

You have to wonder why they focus so much on inclusivity and enabling people to make accurate representations of themselves. Maybe TS5 will have more in common with Second Life than The Sims and there is a strong reason they focus so much on character creation that's accurate and truly represents a simmer. Maybe they are just setting the stage for TS5.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    And people also combine it with this "inclusiveness" that Maxis is using to promote the sims and their own personal feelings. For example people wanting to customize so the game doesn't say him or her and they combine it with other posts where they share their depression, anxiety and sexuality...

I often wonder if this turmoil has all been brought on by The Sims, Maxis, the Gurus, etc because of this focus on inclusivity. Gone are the days when they just produce a game and either you buy it and like it or you don't.

You have to wonder why they focus so much on inclusivity and enabling people to make accurate representations of themselves. Maybe TS5 will have more in common with Second Life than The Sims and there is a strong reason they focus so much on character creation that's accurate and truly represents a simmer. Maybe they are just setting the stage for TS5.

you guys might be on to something. who knows who is behind or the actual purpose of this. as i mentioned above i've seen many roleplaying and political statements apart of the game comments so idk if it's all genuine.
    i'm only happy about this whole hashtag thing because the sims 1 is getting more recognizement regardless.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2021
    Negative
    This is too much honestly. I find it demanding and aggressive. Not a fan of such attitude all.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2021
    Positive
    @Sthenastia
    I think having a positive experience of twitter is very much dependent on filtering out stuff that is simply toxic or boring (and also not being worried about how many followers you have!).
    The #simsrevolution hashtag has been a trip into nostalgia for me, and at other times hilarious. Overall I would say that it has been positive, with the caveat that there are always some who seek to exploit any situation to spew bile.
    I hope the powers that be at EA do pay attention. There are times when it seems developers lose track of what is actually important to people, when they get caught up in the tricky process of making something new, shiny and actually possible to do (and sell at a profit to an audience who maybe don't have the pc beasts that can run complex games)
    My great fear is that sims 5 ends up as a smartphone app. Up the revolution!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Neutral
    At first I thought it was a fun idea, but when I looked into it a bit I didn't really like the attitudes. Seems like the baseline is that the old games are gold and TS4 is rubbish. Sorry maybe that's not all of the revolutioners, but it's something that I've seen.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Neutral
    musteni wrote: »
    At first I thought it was a fun idea, but when I looked into it a bit I didn't really like the attitudes. Seems like the baseline is that the old games are gold and TS4 is rubbish. Sorry maybe that's not all of the revolutioners, but it's something that I've seen.

That's pretty much 90% of sims twitter. They're very much a one trick pony, they don't have much else to say other than "Sims 4 bad Sims 2 good!". You won't see them say anything else and if someone does say Sims 4 is better for ---- reason they will be attacked and called an EA apologist. 🙄
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Other
    Don't use Twitter, but, with all of the negatives I hear about it, this sounds like a positive! Especially this!
    "...EA will add other things as vibromatic bed, heart-shaped hot tub, Abnes etc?" Ah, the memories...
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    Neutral
    Onverser wrote: »

That's pretty much 90% of sims twitter. They're very much a one trick pony, they don't have much else to say other than "Sims 4 bad Sims 2 good!". You won't see them say anything else and if someone does say Sims 4 is better for ---- reason they will be attacked and called an EA apologist. 🙄

I've been giving twitter a go lately. Just want to share sim pics and see people get creative. My own timeline is looking pretty good, but it's impossible to totally avoid the divide.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Other

I've been giving twitter a go lately. Just want to share sim pics and see people get creative. My own timeline is looking pretty good, but it's impossible to totally avoid the divide.

@Musteni, get off twitter and share here instead!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    Neutral

@Musteni, get off twitter and share here instead!

Maybe you're right :joy:
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited February 2021
    Neutral
    I just deactivated my twitter the other day because of the nonsense on there. It used to be fun but my goodness everything seems to spark argument anymore and my anxiety can't take it anymore.

That being said I hope for those that are trying to gain EA or Maxis attention have their hardwork rewarded.

Edited: because I can't spell before breakfast apparently 🤷‍♀️
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Neutral
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Those are my favorite counters from the Sims 1.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Positive
    From what I've seen most of this "revolution" is pretty mild and well-spirited so yeah I'm glad people still remember everything they used to love about this franchise and the amazing games that came before.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Neutral
    I never was a fan of Twitter or hashtags. I am amused by the usernames but that is it. It won't help with inclusiveness however because for that to happen both old and new things are needed for the Sims 4. It does have me worried for the Sims 5 especially if it goes online. Things like this will be the norm online and will kill the franchise if they attempt the online thing again. It will just end up being SimCity 2013 all over again. I rather have the Gurus keep their jobs and not be attacked in game. Future for the Sims franchise is not 100% clear yet and we'll see how it plays out. I do think I have been one of many to change the direction of the Sims 4 for the better besides being a nobody. Hidden figures is a good movie to show how women did change and used theirs brains to get men to the moon. So I will continue to use my wits and brains to have change peacefully like them. I am but a petite woman who has to rely on faith and brains to get by day to day.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Neutral
    Don't much care about Twitter one way or another. Only ever go there if necessary for new info.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Positive
    Rage on Twitter, honestly I know this game will have it’s limits but that’s because it wasn’t given a good base game. I feel for the people and EA at Maxis who are trying (I can tell when they are actually able to put effort into a pack) but that doesn’t change the fact there is no lore, that it’s buggy that I honestly don’t want to play the game 90% of the time. That I feel despite it being a doll house it fails, that I don’t make over sims and recreate houses because I enjoy it but because I honestly feel I have to or I’m going to crack.

I’m all for the rage I don’t feel like everyone at EA and Maxis deserve it but we don’t have a legal way to play sims 2, you can’t play sims 3 because they broke the launcher I want to put my stuff in the game.

Unlike the sims 2 a game I know how to mod and fix pretty well. I don’t know the sims 3 well enough so I have little to no idea how to get everything I have in that game.

We also can’t play the sims 1, Sims Stories series or Sims Medieval and it’s one expansion pack. Yet Sims city 2000 is there (for now) and games no one plays. I have an Origin account for Sims products, I’d like to have the games I never had a chance to play to be there.

I’m to tired to beg for things I shouldn’t have to beg for. I’ve been a sims player since I was 12 I’m tired.

But for every simmer who is fighting you have my full support (just please don’t be mean to others in anyway, we need to be a united front) but please get and stay angry. Add my tired and currently depressed self to your army, hopefully when I get my bite back in me I hope to join you.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Negative
    I think the whole concept is ridiculous along with many other gamechanger trends to get stuff in the game. The only worthwhile ones have been the skin tones and more swatches especially in black and white. The whole name a cow plant I won’t even go there and bonehilda I get but still think it was overhyped. I find a lot of Twitter trends annoy me to the point I go against what people want due to how obsessive and toxic people can be about it.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Other
    It's nice to see people passionate enough to advocate for The Sims 4 to be improved in so many ways, but I also just feel like people are expecting too much. The game is around 7 years old, is the longest running Sims game, and has had such a troubled history throughout its development and DLC releases. Expecting the developers to completely rework things like skills, aspirations, add wants/fears, rework core gameplay, etc. is so unfeasible and, honestly, a bit of a waste of their time, when all EA wants is for them to continue working on monetized packs.

Still, I do believe The Sims 5 is in development though, and it's probably in the stage where the developers are surveying the forums, social media, and other Sims communities for inspiration on where to take the next game. Even as unlikely as it is for EA to deliver these reworks with The Sims 4, it's still important to be vocal with feedback so it could shape the next iteration.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other
    I do not Twitter. I only Facebook for my family.

*thinks*

I might spend more time here than on Facebook...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I cordially invite Twitter to woohoo itself with a pinecone.