Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Generation Features Do You Want Most?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Objects for babies (stroller, playmat, crib)
    I want to see babies not be objects anymore most. But all of the choices are things I would like. I want things for teens, elders, children and toddlers too. I actually would love to see them free the babies, and I would buy stuff packs for them as well, same with children, elders, and teens, and toddlers. I’d love to see stuff packs for them all, plus a generations pack.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Gameplay for teens (school, clubs, prom)
    I put gameplay for teens

(And a way to give them their own height)

But honestly I want all of this and the game honestly needs all of this!
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I... Need... PROM!!!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Gameplay for kids (school, friends, events)
    Gameplay for kids was the closest choice-- I just want kids to be able to play tag, Mary Mack, hide and seek, cops and robbers, pillow fight etc. like we had in Sims 2.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Gameplay for teens. Just no active school, please!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Boarding school for school age kids, so they can be shipped off and not have to interacted with like in ? TS 2 or 3 ? Don’t remember which one.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I chose kids because they have way less than any other gen (except baby objects). I find it the most boring life stage. They need some love.

But really i want everything on the list.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Gameplay for elders (please specify)
    Teens and Elders, mostly.

One of my favorite things about Sims 3 Generations was boarding school. I could send any kids that were boring or annoying away to gain skills, and I loved that. Another of my favorite things was canes. Every single elder got one so that I could set their walk style. Not everyone has the Geriatric Gait! Give me the Southern Gentleman for any gender, thank you.

Proms were great, too. One of the few mods I have is a prom mod. Then again, Sims are elders for a long time...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Hard to choose. I think I would appreciate
    -prom and more “teenage clothes”. I agree with the complaint that teens look too YA
    -baby changing and maybe stroller. They wouldn’t necessarily have to “free” the babies, but more interactions would be great.
    -some more games for children, with and without objects. Some things like tag or make believe, plus board games, treehouse, whatever.

and in general, more for intergenerational play (parenthood was very good in my opinion). I feel both extremes, babies and elders, get a bit neglected..
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    mostly gameplay for sure, for all ages. I feel like teens have the most possibilities for expansion but it would be nice to have better babies. my favorite life stage (in terms of how fleshed out it is) is toddlers, but the dullest are kids and teens. sleepovers? school events? such basic things that aren't in the game that need to be.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I vote all of the above too because in order it for it to be a generations pack, has to have things for babies, toddlers, children, teens, and elders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Yeah, totally agree. All of these things! Anything that makes things more realistic and adds more to the game is great in my book.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Gameplay for elders (please specify)
    I know it's not popular but I would love more gameplay for elders. Knitting was a really lovely addition. Maybe some retirement aspirations for sims. More family interactions. There was loads of potential with Island Living for some heritage-based stuff and passing on of wisdom. You can get the perk that makes your sim a great mentor, so an expansion on that. Being able to leave handmade heirlooms or pass on homes. It's difficult with Sims 4 because much of the gameplay takes place in your head. It would be nice to just generally have more spontaneity within the game all round. My second choice would be gameplay for teens. I'd like more incentives for bad behaviour and rebellion as well as bad parenting or complex family dynamics lol. All for a bit more chaos/drama to flesh things out.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I know it says which one we want the *most*, but if a Generations pack doesn't come with all of these it wouldn't be Generations. The point is to add something for all life stages because they're all lacking.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I vote for all the above. :) I need the sims 4 to be more fleshed out in all life stages with objects but more importantly gameplay.

^^^THIS^^^ See that's what I'm asking for in a generations pack. I want all of this and a "POOL TABLE" so I can make a deal sports bar please!!! And like another player mentioned. Please more activities for our seniors. Lets give grandparent's/Seniors a reason to live I tell ya. lol

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    -would love something like slumberparties for kids, including telling each other spooky stories in the dark with the infamous "flashlight lighting up the face"
    -officially adding playground to lot types would be cool too, so kids AND toddlers would spawn there
    -DRUMS I'd just want for teens up, as a gameplay object of course....but maybe being able to form garage bands for teens would be nice
    -Bingo and bird feading for elders and maybe birds as pets
    -crawling babies and some baby toys for them to use on the ground/in a playpen
    -real strollers and toystrollers for children
    -more diverse toys for children, like a toyoven, a toybakery/shop/bank, toy racetrack asmm
    -boardgames for the whole family
    -more options for todds and kids to be mischievious/misbehaving
    -somesort of either lot type or lot trait that would only allow certain ages on the lot (like a teen hangout, a good spot for elders and so on)

^^^THIS^^^

This is the best answer so far and I appreciate the thoroughness of the ideas. Boardgames, toy ovens, xylophones, shape sorters, and bingo would be very cool.

^^^and THIS^^^
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I suppose...
    A Generations Pack should be like a Get Together 2.0. Get Together was more about bringing friends together, This time it's bringing the Family Together.

YEP ^^^THIS IS MY SENTIMENT^^^

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want it all
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Apart from making TS4 recognize wider family (in-laws, etc), I think what the game needs is a bit more diversity in children skills and activities - as of now, they're grouped into just 4, with a few skills (pet training, knitting) available to kids as well.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Objects for kids (bikes, playground, bunkbeds)
    I want all if the above as stated but I chose this if I could only pick just one because I feel like kids need the most work! And they have so much potential
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Teens and Elders, mostly.

Proms were great, too. One of the few mods I have is a prom mod. Then again, Sims are elders for a long time...
    Not to get off topic, but can you send me the link to that?

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Bikes for kids - I really don't understand why they're adults only at the moment? Feels like a massive oversight, especially considering all that needs to be done to make them work is to scale them down. I'd also like to be able to teach kids to ride a bike, I think that'd be a really fun addition similar to how you can teach toddlers to walk and talk.

Also - strollers for babies/toddlers?, cribs for babies, slides for kids - we have them for toddlers so why not kids?, more kids playground stuff, treehouses, bunk beds, more stuff for toddlers, etc etc
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, FYI: I moved this thread to the TS4 Ideas Corner. :)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2021
    None are lacking as much as infants. I really like gameplay, but I get more excited about stuff. Wish the votes weren't split, but everything for each age group.

Teens are a stage I don't play. Infants stuff and interactions, followed by toddlers, and then elders.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I definitely want more than just teen stuff, but I would argue they have the least to distinguish themselves from appearance to gameplay. Not only are they not unique, but they do not not have the combined gameplay of the YAs and kids to make them a proper (and somewhat unique mix in turn) in-between phase.

What sets them apart from slimmer shoulders, one less trait, and high school? Parenthood does give them mood swings and phases, but that is shared by kids so it is hardly unique to the age. (My kid got the loud music phase and the tense moodlet the family got said a teen was at fault, but no. Plus one of my teens has had the bear suit phase.)

I like that they can do all sorts of YA stuff, and do not want it taken away, but they really do not fit an in-between stage because they cannot do kid stuff. No toys, no voidcritters, no playground, etc. The most equalizing thing is the Parenthood features, but it is really weird that my teen in a bear suit cannot play with any toys.

So I truly believe teens need more work. Elders and kids need it, too, but I think teens need it the most.