Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk Fairies! (And Werewolves)

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    If fairies are added, there needs to be the possibility that if you interact with them, your baby will be swapped with a changeling.

Yes!! I love the Changeling concept and it would be so cool to not know if a random baby turns out to be some kind of Fae when they grow up. Then there should be an optional adventure to try to find your "real" child, who could still exist somewhere with the Goblins or something.
    #Team Occult
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited December 2020
    If fairies are added, there needs to be the possibility that if you interact with them, your baby will be swapped with a changeling.

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations up to 11, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

Like I'm sure they could come up with a way of getting the child back or preventing them from being nabbed if they added such an option, but I feel it would be safer to leave such a "dark" feature out of a pack. That being said I'm not against a darker themed fairy pack, heck that's why I love the Vampires pack, but I just feel they need to be cautious, especially how "sensitive" the community can be around occult gameplay. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

Like I'm sure they could come up with a way of getting the child back or preventing them from being nabbed if they added such an option, but I feel it would be safer to leave such a "dark" feature out of a pack. That being said I'm not against a darker themed fairy pack, heck that's why I love the Vampires pack, but I just feel they need to be cautious, especially how "sensitive" the community can be around occult gameplay. :-/

it is a little dark, but like with Garlic and vampires, you could add a horse-shoe decoration in the nursery and that would prevent the abductions, just like in the folklore. :smile:
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Personally, I think that would be a little too dark, even though it's a nice idea and well within fairy lore. I can only imagine how much it would peeve players off to no end with having their sim children spirited away by the fae nearly every night. Especially if there's no way of getting them back (imagine the fallout! It'd be worse than the one surrounding vampires.) On top of that, with the way how the team feels they "need" to crank the "wackiness and quirkiness" of the game with "crazy" animations, you can bet your left nugget that the team would give the "spirited away by Fae NPC" interaction a 95% chance/variable of happening every night as long as there are baby-child sims on the lot.

it is a little dark, but like with Garlic and vampires, you could add a horse-shoe decoration in the nursery and that would prevent the abductions, just like in the folklore. :smile:

Lol, that's why I said it shouldn't be added unless there was a way to prevent it or get the child back.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SulSulwitchesSulSulwitches Posts: 5 New Member
    I would really love an expansion pack that was like Narnia. A magical land that would incorporate sims royalty being able to become royals, have a court, and kingdom. Also featuring new occults like Fairies/fae and Lycanthropes, maybe gods. completing task to gain faith and worship and become a deity with a spell list similar to witches but totally unique (thinking about the show "The Magicians" with this).

I would enjoy seeing an expansion of ghost and mermaids as well. for ghost there is the possession of sims (mind control), being able to freeze a sim by phasing through them, temporality become corporeal by sapping their energy. mermaids expand their control over weather manipulate lighting, windstorms, a little H20: just add water action

that would be really cool especially the gods, something new and interesting.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Steel/iron keep the fae at bay.
    Hang crossed blades above your babe, and they will be kept safe. Or perhaps a protector knight lamp. Or the horse shoe... though never upside down, or your luck will fall out!
    Or plant some iron rich plasma fruit by your door.

The game needs darkness. Fae are creatures of darkness.
    Travel to fairy-land, sure it's fun, but NEVER eat the food, or you will stay for a lifetime, though it only seems minutes, and when you return home, your loved ones will have passed, and your children will be old.

But you can travel to fairy land, to rescue your stolen child, the food you eat while there must already have been in your sims inventory, so pack a lunch before you leave home.

And of course, there must be toggles!
    Fraidy folks need to be able to toggle off the epic darkness.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, I think the Werewolves in Underworld & Harry Potter looked very scary in a cool dark way. Plus, they didn't look like Teen Wolf or a Giant Wolf in Twilight.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, I think the Werewolves in Underworld & Harry Potter looked very scary in a cool dark way. Plus, they didn't look like Teen Wolf or a Giant Wolf in Twilight.

I love, LOVE the Underworld Werewolves! While they're probably a little too scary for Sims 4, I wouldn't mind a slightly cartoonish version of them. I'm willing to compromise to get a proper hybrid werewolf form with fur, snout, teeth, tail and animal features. They would look so cool in Sims 4. <3
    #Team Occult
  • CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    The only issue with your idea would be that EA would think this was 'too much' to put in a expansion pack even though I think it's perfect and what we should expect from an expansion pack! I sincerely hope they do this!!! :)
  • Ursine1bearUrsine1bear Posts: 3 New Member
    SimState-DLC has created a furries mod that can turn your Sim into a werewolf. They don't turn into a wolf. There is also a link at ModtheSims in their "Where to find" section for a mod to make children werewolves, but not toddlers. There are also dog, tiger, leopard, cougar. They stay furries / werewolf in the shower. Version 2 has a color chart to change the fur. The ears are pointed, folded, curved or floppy. The tails are cat, dog, or curled. You can adjust the length and width of the muzzle. You can use sims feet, puffy cartoon feet or paws. You can add claws to the hands.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    Genies
    Angels
    Demons
    Fairies
    Zombies
    Mummies (I really want to have an Egyptian pack)
    Gods/Goddesses
    Werewolves
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Would this concept allow the cute/nice Victorian/Tinkerbell and helper (like Brownie) types fairies?

I like both light-hearted and dark fairies, but I prefer to play mostly light-hearted fairies.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still so much want in Sims 4:
    Fairies
    Werewolves
    Genies
    Cupid/Eros
    Aphrodite
    Aries
    Zeus
    Hera
    Hinds
    Centars

PLEASE!!
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Would this concept allow the cute/nice Victorian/Tinkerbell and helper (like Brownie) types fairies?

I like both light-hearted and dark fairies, but I prefer to play mostly light-hearted fairies.

I think both aspects could work in the game. Brownies, for examples, are helpers up to a point, but if you insult them (for example by gifting them clothing, or commenting on their work) then they're likely to leave the house in a rage and take all of the home's prosperity with them (unless of course they decide to just destroy the house entirely). You could have the option of hiring a brownie helper but also retaining the risk that if you don't treat them correctly you could end up with an enraged fae on your hands.

The fae are never entirely benevolent, even household fae are likely to blight your crops and sour a cow's milk if they feel slighted. If folks don't want to go down the path of having truly dark fae (unseelie court types), then I think the seelie court fae by themselves could still work, with the caveat that they might look innocent, but they still have the potential to cause a whole manner of issues so approach with caution.

I would still at least want a Bean Sidhe (Banshee) that attaches itself to a family and wails in the days before a Sims death. Jenny Greenteeth or Peg Powler hanging out in the rivers of Henford on Bagley, waiting to drown some unsuspecting swimmer, would be good as well. Also a Will 'o' The Wisp that induces potential madness or death.

But yeah the more Victorian-esque, 'good fae' could be done as long as there was some balance in terms of them not being entirely good all the time. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    I would really love an expansion pack that was like Narnia. A magical land that would incorporate sims royalty being able to become royals, have a court, and kingdom. Also featuring new occults like Fairies/fae and Lycanthropes, maybe gods. completing task to gain faith and worship and become a deity with a spell list similar to witches but totally unique (thinking about the show "The Magicians" with this).

I would enjoy seeing an expansion of ghost and mermaids as well. for ghost there is the possession of sims (mind control), being able to freeze a sim by phasing through them, temporality become corporeal by sapping their energy. mermaids expand their control over weather manipulate lighting, windstorms, a little H20: just add water action

that would be really cool especially the gods, something new and interesting.

This would be a great idea... so of course EA either won't do it or will do it terribly like the wedding pack.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    They need a complete Supernaturals expansion. But I love your ideas for Fairies. I'd love to see some Fae too, evil fairies. Anything that would add a new world would be appreciated. So far we've been getting pieces of an expansion and it's really starting to irritate me. Just give me the whole package already unless you are going to make every single one extremely detailed and have deep gameplay. Which hasn't happened.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It's funny because I actually made the The Grimm Brothers, along side Shakespeare, and Walter Disney and immortalized them as Authors, In my Game. They wrote all my Sim's Books. But The twist here is Grimm Brothers, live and watch the stories play out in "Real Life" as they write them down.

While I'm totally on board for Orcs, Nymphs, High Elves, Wood Elves, Faeries, Wisps and Shadows.
    However, I still believe Werewolves at least need their own pack. They cannot share a stage with Fairies.
    If a Life state is to be a part of any pack they need to be center stage and be the main component.

Also, I don't want pop culture, or folklore to define these creatures for me in the game. I want to define them.
    Maybe I don't want all my Faeries to have a Mischievous Trickster spirit, or Werewolves behaving like dogs, or beasts.

My Werewolves actually exist in High Society, in the 17th-19th Century. Think Industrial Revolution, Steampunk, Vintage. So I need more stuff that fits, that.

Lord Adam Jordan is my Werewolf Founder, He is from London, he comes from wealthy Noble (Werewolf) family.
    A magnate and Philanthropist who built his own wealth off investments such as foundations, technology, and Building Projects. Although he was born into wealth, he was raised with a good heart, and always encouraged to be creative and compassionate. He was always sort of a Loner, apart from what he believed, his parents never really showed interest in the family equaling out to a Pack. Adam is Ruggedly Rustic, a charming man of great taste, Intelligent, has always been a True Visionary and Renaissance man.
    In 1860, at age 18 He and his at the time Lover, and future wife, Diane hopped a Ship to America, to escape the reprisals of their werewolf family, Breaking engagements, and marriages to wealthy supporters.
    Once they Married, He and Diane built a new Life and Family. The built an entire city, with the help of their four close wealthy friends, they Had three kids, Bruno, Annabelle and Caleb.

But this great family is about to face it's seemingly demise at the Hands of a 16 year old Girl, and her clan off Magic Hunters. marking only the beginning of the vendetta between their two families.

This would be so amazing. I really think Elves in particular could be well adapted for the Sims even outside of a specific world. I really wouldn't want Orcs wondering around in San Myshuno thought. So that could get tricky to manage.
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2022
    Im actually really not into fairies as occults, they would look cute sure, but there are enough of cutness in this game already imo.

Although werewolves, would bring bodyhair, moon cycle, and I would see very well a territory system where you try to get as much lands (neighborhoods) as possible and you would be challenged by other werewolves. Also, there would be a ''Hunt the werewolves'' activity were peasants would come in great numbers to kill the beast, and you would have to fight againts them all or escape. You could transform other sims into werewolves, and you could go hunt to forage food, come back with fresh meat in your inventory (#kill chickens, cows, lamas or rabbits/foxes from Cottage Living cross pack idea to get some meat, steal eggs, fish etc...)

It would be in a dark world, with a forest neighborhoods, but also a city like London or Paris neighborhood...

You could go mining at the local mine in the forest to find silver in order to create a remedy/kill a werewolf, but the chance to encounter a werewolve in the wood surrounding the cave would be greater... perhaps because of a lot challenge?

2 dark appearances, a half wolf half sim look, like in the sims 3, and a full on wolf.

There would be a skill tree and you would learn to shift on command...

At the beginning your werewolf would be less controllable and would do awfull things during the night, scratching furnitures, beating up other sims, kicking trash can and more...
    Franko30 wrote: »
    Im actually really not into fairies as occults, they would look cute sure, but there are enough of cutness in this game already imo.

This is actually the one thing that makes hesitant about adding the good folk to the game. What I think of as 'Faerie' (potentially dark, definitely not to be trifled with even if they are ones that will deign to help humans on occasion) I can see as being way different to what EA gives us in terms of 'Fairies' (Disneyfied twee little pretty sparkly winged creatures).

Franko30 wrote: »

This is actually the one thing that makes hesitant about adding the good folk to the game. What I think of as 'Faerie' (potentially dark, definitely not to be trifled with even if they are ones that will deign to help humans on occasion) I can see as being way different to what EA gives us in terms of 'Fairies' (Disneyfied twee little pretty sparkly winged creatures).

This so much! While I don't mind the cutesy disneyfied or Shirley Barber themed fairies (seriously look up her artwork if you haven't already, it's so detailed and beautiful), because I like cute. TS4 suffers from an overload of cuteness, the scariest gameplay is from the Vampires and the Spirits from Paranormal and even then, said spirits still look cutesy and give a "playful" buff when happy.
    This so much! While I don't mind the cutesy disneyfied or Shirley Barber themed fairies (seriously look up her artwork if you haven't already, it's so detailed and beautiful), because I like cute. TS4 suffers from an overload of cuteness, the scariest gameplay is from the Vampires and the Spirits from Paranormal and even then, said spirits still look cutesy and give a "playful" buff when happy.

Shirley Barber's work is lovely, although I'm more of a Brian Froud person myself. Now a faerie pack based on the designs of Brian Froud I could totally get behind.

Lol, that's why I said it shouldn't be added unless there was a way to prevent it or get the child back.

That's simple, throw the changeling on a fire and the real baby will appear safe and sound, failing that you can always bake it in the oven. B)

Actually there are some less drastic methods of getting a changeling to leave, including boiling egg shells (some myths have you boiling the baby in the with the egg shells), surprising the changeling so it speaks or laughs, getting into the middle of a faerie argument and shouting 'give it to me', etc, etc.

Changelings would be awesome, although like with most occult stuff that gets nerfed I can imagine it would end up being too controversial.

Shirley Barber's work is lovely, although I'm more of a Brian Froud person myself. Now a faerie pack based on the designs of Brian Froud I could totally get behind.

Oh yeah Brian Froud, love his work, it is amazing with all the details and muted earthy tones. Just eye-candy, personally I guess I just vibe more with bright popping colours of Shirley Barber's work with a heavy dosage of nostalgia. Since I grew up with an audio CD book set that my sister and I had to take turns with every night, until mum got fed up with our fighting and copied the CD onto her computer.

I suppose the big issue with TS4, using either Shirley or Brian's work is that it would be too detailed for the game to run properly if they were to imitate the style completely. Though, if they can somehow manage to capture the vibes of both artists or find a balance somewhere in between they might be able to keep both crowds happy (the traditionalist and Disneyesque crowds respectively).

That's simple, throw the changeling on a fire and the real baby will appear safe and sound, failing that you can always bake it in the oven. B)

Actually there are some less drastic methods of getting a changeling to leave, including boiling egg shells (some myths have you boiling the baby in the with the egg shells), surprising the changeling so it speaks or laughs, getting into the middle of a faerie argument and shouting 'give it to me', etc, etc.

Changelings would be awesome, although like with most occult stuff that gets nerfed I can imagine it would end up being too controversial.

Lol, I can't see them being able to get away with a Witcher 3 style "Baby in the Oven" scenario. That was harrowing enough for me, aha.

But yeah, as cool as changelings would be, I can't see them being added without people freaking out. It'd be the Vampire Breaking in = Nonconsensual-adult-act drama llama all over again. Or people complaining that there's no way to ward them off, as they did with vampires and cursed objects. XP
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Lol, I can't see them being able to get away with a Witcher 3 style "Baby in the Oven" scenario. That was harrowing enough for me, aha.

But yeah, as cool as changelings would be, I can't see them being added without people freaking out. It'd be the Vampire Breaking in = Nonconsensual-adult-act drama llama all over again. Or people complaining that there's no way to ward them off, as they did with vampires and cursed objects. XP

That's still one of the coolest quests I've ever done in a game (and I've done a lot). But yeah, I never expect to see Witcher 3 style anything in a Sims game at all, so I have to agree with you there. :lol: Some darker themes could probably work, but only if they were done in a clever enough way.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top