Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and garlic

My sim Tiana Lowell is a vampire. When I had her plant garlic (so her garden would be complete) it had the green "smelly" mist like you get when a plant is dead or dying. However, the plant was in great shape & harvestable. After a couple hours going nuts trying to figure it out I went in to one of my non-vampire saves to check & their garlic was fine. Sooo, I turned my vampire human and what do you know? Garlic immediately lost the "smelly" mist. But since I wanted her to be a vampire I went to main menu without saving, then just got rid of the garlic plant since she now had some in inventory. Lesson learned, keep garlic out of your vampire's garden lol.

And I apologize if this is something that's already been posted, was too lazy to really look ;).

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Yupp, the smelly effect is visually only when a vampire is the active one. The farm lot with tons of garlic decor (Garlic Place?) is extreme if you go there as a vampire, but the humans living there do luckily not see the smell. Weird thing though is that when I play that house, vamps will be at the door even if the door way is heavily decorated with garlic stuff.

There is a garlic-tolerant vampire perk, I never tested it, but perhaps your vampire can grow garlic without seeing the smell, with that perk?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Yupp, the smelly effect is visually only when a vampire is the active one. The farm lot with tons of garlic decor (Garlic Place?) is extreme if you go there as a vampire, but the humans living there do luckily not see the smell. Weird thing though is that when I play that house, vamps will be at the door even if the door way is heavily decorated with garlic stuff.

There is a garlic-tolerant vampire perk, I never tested it, but perhaps your vampire can grow garlic without seeing the smell, with that perk?

@Simmerville my sim has the garlic perk & green mist still shows. Oh well she has plenty of garlic in in entory from before she turned so she's all set if I want to make her human again lol.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    My vampire Sim is the only one of mine with an extensive garden, so I just assumed that they'd decided garlic should be smelly. I didn't know it was because she's a vampire. This is news to me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    My vampire Sim is the only one of mine with an extensive garden, so I just assumed that they'd decided garlic should be smelly. I didn't know it was because she's a vampire. This is news to me.

Really? I mean, it’s very common knowledge that vampires don’t like garlic.

—T
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

I am a big vampire fan, so I knew that. Though I'm always happy to point out that in Dracula, Lucy was given vases and wreaths of garlic flowers. Movies always get it wrong.

I just meant I didn't know the green mist was because she was a vampire, I assumed garlic just had a green mist in the game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

I am a big vampire fan, so I knew that. Though I'm always happy to point out that in Dracula, Lucy was given vases and wreaths of garlic flowers. Movies always get it wrong.

I just meant I didn't know the green mist was because she was a vampire, I assumed garlic just had a green mist in the game.

Oh, see what you mean lol

My bad

—T
  • Options
    GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Not going to lie, when i first played a save with vampires, and moved into the garlic house... i didn't pay attention to the name of the place and didn't realize there was garlic hanging everywhere until Caleb showed up in the welcome wagon and was VERY uncomfy. I laughed myself silly when I realized what was happening. xD
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Not going to lie, when i first played a save with vampires, and moved into the garlic house... i didn't pay attention to the name of the place and didn't realize there was garlic hanging everywhere until Caleb showed up in the welcome wagon and was VERY uncomfy. I laughed myself silly when I realized what was happening. xD

Hehe :) . My first meeting with the garlic was the opposite. I must have checked out the house via my first vampire, because there was visual "gas" everywhere, and I could not understand how a normal sim could stand living there. I thought it was a pity, a very bad idea by the EA team, as the house was quite nice. So glad when I found that humans did not se the "garlic odor".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg