Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The evil ghost girl from Paranormal SP

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @RavenSpit

Apologies for the late reply I have been off doing some S2 stuff I needed to get done but I have now seen temperance in game on a residential lot where my paranormal sims are living and I really like her she has this kind of look just before doing something to scare sims that I really like but I have avoided playing the investigator career because I read there is a bug with this career so I will wait until that's been fixed (hopefully it will be fixed) I love the snowy pack but suddenly when I power up 4 I am straight back to my paranormal household lol :)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    how much till she appears on the haunted lot? i got bored of waiting and added her from the gallery lol
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I had a Sim house with her and it was a mess. She kept breaking things, blowing out the candles and well my Sims couldn't get anything done. So in short I'm done with Paranormal.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Bluebeard45

I play may paranormal sims up all night and asleep half the day which means my sims can cope with what's going on at night plus my paranormal sims don't have careers so a portion of the day is travelling to other worlds meeting new sims to give them some normality at life-)

@bella_goth

It seemed to be ages before Temperance appeared on my residential lot but when she did finally arrive she was a force to be reckoned with and scared my sims almost to death which of course is what I was looking for lol :)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @bella_goth

It seemed to be ages before Temperance appeared on my residential lot but when she did finally arrive she was a force to be reckoned with and scared my sims almost to death which of course is what I was looking for lol :)

hmm i'll try to wait again, it's just i have to remove the mod that prevents townies from generating in order to get npcs to appear so while i wait for Temperance, my save got already haunted with a thousand townies spawning lol
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Temperance is so boring, she's just a bad temper Ghost who breaks things, big deal. Zzz
    Guidry is much more interesting.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Temperance is so boring, she's just a bad temper Ghost who breaks things, big deal. Zzz
    Guidry is much more interesting.
    I don't know anything about how Temperance plays out in the game because I haven't ran into her yet. But I do agree that Guidry is quite a character. To say the least about Guidry, he is by far the most interesting and the most social of all the ghosts in the game so far. At least that they way he appears to me in my game anyways.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    For some reason (not sure if it's because of a mod) the game added her as a sim without a name to my unplayed households. Picture below the spoiler in case you want to see what she looks like when she is not a ghost.
    AukyDw7.png
    I'm using a cc skin default as well, (luumia's smoothish II).
    logion wrote: »
    For some reason (not sure if it's because of a mod) the game added her as a sim without a name to my unplayed households. Picture below the spoiler in case you want to see what she looks like when she is not a ghost.
    AukyDw7.png
    I'm using a cc skin default as well, (luumia's smoothish II).
    By looking at what she would've looked like as a living sim. I would say it probably is an out dated mod. The only way to know rather or not if this is caused by a mod is to remove all your mods. Then start a new game, play it through and see if she returns to her intended state of appearance.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Nope, it's not a mod. Temperance can appear as a human in CAS without a name, just like Guidry.
    It's strange, I have created a new sim in CAS since getting Paranormal, and I have yet to run across Temperance in my game even in CAS. And I haven't seen Guidry in there either. So how do you know that the game generated sim in CAS is Temperance if she has no name?
    sunman502 wrote: »
    It's strange, I have created a new sim in CAS since getting Paranormal, and I have yet to run across Temperance in my game even in CAS. And I haven't seen Guidry in there either. So how do you know that the game generated sim in CAS is Temperance if she has no name?

She can show up as an unplayed sim in manage households. You can find her among the random townies when you are in manage households in the world view.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

She can show up as an unplayed sim in manage households. You can find her among the random townies when you are in manage households in the world view.

Just out of curiosity because I have not seen her in 'Manage Households' yet but I also don't have any major mods in my game, do you use MCCC?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    edited February 2021

Just out of curiosity because I have not seen her in 'Manage Households' yet but I also don't have any major mods in my game, do you use MCCC?

Yes I do, I don't have any MC settings which populates the world with sims from the gallery though (I have some changed population settings that decides how much % of YA, A, and E that will spawn, but I don't think that's it), and I don't have any NPC control mods either because I heard that NPC control would cause Guidry and Temperence not to spawn properly.

So I'm not sure what mod that could have caused it, but as Serverfra said, it's probably not a mod, I think it's just a bug.

Yes I do, I don't have any MC settings which populates the world with sims from the gallery though (I have some changed population settings that decides how much % of YA, A, and E that will spawn, but I don't think that's it), and I don't have any NPC control mods either because I heard that NPC control would cause Guidry and Temperence not to spawn properly.

So I'm not sure what mod that could have caused it, but as Serverfra said, it's probably not a mod, I think it's just a bug.

I thought I had read that MCCC can mess with the new NPCs in the Paranormal pack, but I haven't used it in a while so I wouldn't know. But it might as well just be a bug. Well, thanks to the picture you posted it looks loke Temperance is not a bad looking Sim - with the right default skin replacement - so that's something.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    MCCC's Import from Tray setting can mess with Guidry and Bonehilda at least, possibly Temperance as well (I changed the setting before she showed up in the save I used to test Paranormal Stuff)

But the hair and clothing match the Temperance that spawned in my games, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that Temperance is a Ginger, so that's probably pretty close to how she's intended to look. The traits will be right, though.
  • GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Temperance popped up once, around the 5th night as was expected, Caleb and my sim he's married too used the idol Guidry gives, then she bounced. She popped up again a few days later and the idol only shooed her out of the room, scared my sim so bad she was screaming incoherently. Summoned Bonehilda but nothing happened. Bonehilda and Temperance literally just stood there for a while until I had Caleb use his vampire powers to command her to leave. Then she left....
    But there's been a MESS of paranormal activity since then. Both Caleb and my sim are maxed in the medium skill.

I do like the variety of the little specters that pop up. There was a yellow one with glasses and it was just... wierd xD hilarious tho.
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog

Well, turns out she is in my unplayed households as well. I am actually constantly in there to delete and edit impossible townies, but I completely overlooked the evil ghost lady. And it's the same way you described it - while the household has a family name - Temperance herself remains nameless when you edit her in CAS. So this is not mod related and probably not even a bug, if you think about it. Clemens, the Winterfest dude, gets placed in unplayed households as well, after all, and tries to invite my Sims to do stuff all year round.

we all try ...
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    MCCC married Temperance to Simon Silversweather (poor man, what did he do to deserve her?), but she still shows up occasionally at night to harrass my sim and break stuff. Last time she did, she got beaten up by Bonehilda.
    MCCC married Temperance to Simon Silversweather (poor man, what did he do to deserve her?), but she still shows up occasionally at night to harrass my sim and break stuff. Last time she did, she got beaten up by Bonehilda.

I guess I feel bad for the guy. But to marry someone who breaks into strangers' houses and messes with their stuff? Those are major red flags, he should have known better.

we all try ...
    edited February 2021
    @Netzspannung
    Simon's first wife was a vampire, so perhaps that's just his type. Besides, they've only been married for a week or so, who knows how long it will last.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Netzspannung @AngeliqueAdelaide Simeon is the Sage of Practical Magic. He can probably handle himself just fine around Temperance. And imagine their dinner table conversations!
    I will admit, no one knows what goes on behind the closed doors of an unplayed household. But in a relationship conflict, temperament is often the deciding factor. I will explain. Do you know who this is? You probably don’t. It’s Morgyn Ember. Sage of Untamed Magic. Spellcaster rank Virtuoso.

2WvSDmPl.jpg

Do you know why he looks this way? You can probably guess. He was on fire. Morgyn was on fire because he dared to visit my Sims‘ home while Temperance was around. Morgyn is only alive because two Sims came to his aid and put him out. I will spell it out for you: Temperance tried to burn him alive.
    At the end of the day it comes down to what you’re willing to do as much as what you’re able to do in a fight. So in conclusion I will say – and I think I brought the receipts for this claim – that girl is loco.

we all try ...
    edited February 2021
    Temperance "visited" again. She is yet to set any fires, though not from the lack of trying. My sim Lyanna keeps throwing spells at her, but they only distract her for a moment before she goes back to summoning demons. Dedicated, hard-working woman, that Temperance.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    I will admit, no one knows what goes on behind the closed doors of an unplayed household. But in a relationship conflict, temperament is often the deciding factor. I will explain. Do you know who this is? You probably don’t. It’s Morgyn Ember. Sage of Untamed Magic. Spellcaster rank Virtuoso.

2WvSDmPl.jpg

Do you know why he looks this way? You can probably guess. He was on fire. Morgyn was on fire because he dared to visit my Sims‘ home while Temperance was around. Morgyn is only alive because two Sims came to his aid and put him out. I will spell it out for you: Temperance tried to burn him alive.
    At the end of the day it comes down to what you’re willing to do as much as what you’re able to do in a fight. So in conclusion I will say – and I think I brought the receipts for this claim – that girl is loco.

What does she do/use to set fires? I would personally love to see that in some of my saves! I haven't seen the angry specters set anything on fire and def not Temperance!