Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collection of Creepy Things in The Sims Series

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
I wanted to create this discussion to show how many creepy or scary things there are in The Sims series. Whether it's an intended gameplay feature or a bug, there are things that leave some players unsettled, creeped out, or even scared, especially when caught off guard.

I'm interested in seeing what other players are scared or creeped out by. Share your thoughts and, if you want, illustrate them with pictures, descriptions, your experiences, videos etc. I'd really love to see what we collect here eventually.

Every The Sims game is welcome! Even the console versions, MySims, The Sims Stories, The Sims Medieval, mobile versions etc.

Let me start this off. I'll put videos under spoilers so it won't take much room.
The Sims 1
  • Those scary soundtracks that play during death, danger, fire, and ghosts. Imagine having sims sleep peacefully at night when suddenly a burglar or a raccoon comes accompanied by that danger theme. Definately jumpscarish. I'll put a video showcasing those sounds under this spoilers.
  • The fact that Grim Reaper acutally has a skull that can be seen. The next games remove it, leaving the hood empty. But still, it has creeped me out. You can find many images and videos of it on internet.
The Sims 2
  • Ghosts haven't scared me. However, those noises that can be heard near gravestones at the time ghosts can roam around (midnight to 6:00 AM), those are different things. The video I put under the spoilers has caught part of it unintentionally. If you listen closely before the scene ends, you may hear strange sounds. Those are part of the gravestone sounds. I remember hearing someone also saying they heard howling, but I can't find it right now, so it might be a false memory...
  • The fact that it's easy to corrupt your neighborhood or even the whole game. While most of the time it can be easily avoided (don't delete sims and gravestones), at other times it's just a unfortunate occuring (grand vampire bites Mrs. Crumplebottom, turning her into a vampire and corrupting your entire game). One of the sympoms of a corrupted game/neighborhood is the squggly lines that can appear in bubbles, memories etc. Fortunately, it's stretched out X with numbers, so the corruption squggly lines are horizontal and only has black, red, and white colors. However, knowing this, sometimes vertical sqiggly lines (of compressed need bubbles) that pop up showing a sim noticing a hidden object can easily scare us (fortunately, they are not a sign of corruption).
    More about corruption here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption#Known_symptoms_of_corruption
The Sims 3
  • Meteors! Yikes! First it is really really rare (0.01% randomly, 0.1% with telescope). So it will definately catch you off guard. And to add insult to injury, it plays a jumpscarish music when the shadow appears, and you have limited time to get your sim away from the shadow or otherwise they'll die. That really sends heart racing. I'll put one of my tutorials as a video under the spoilers showing the meteor part. Imagine that happening when you least expect it.
  • Yet another rare event, this time it's 1% chance and it can be increased by another 1% by heavy rain or being near a hidden island. Kraken is a sea creature that can swim by boats and houseboats. Really unfortunate sims on small boats (not houseboats) find themselves being dragged underwater with their boat, destroying in process and making sims resurfacing panic (fortunately, it can't kill them). It will also catch you off-guard. At least you'll get reimbursed by mail the next day. Thank you for thalassophobia! I'll include another tutorial under spoilers.
The Sims 4
  • The ocean threat in Island Living. While it may seem lazy: a dark cloud pulling sims underwater, for me, it makes it scarier. What is it? Sims' bubbles may show that it might be a kraken, a shark, a sea monster, whatever. If it happens randomly (usually in Mua Pel'am some hours after a shark encounter), it can drown the sim. This has caused me thalassophobia and I started to have dreams of sending my sims swimming only to immediately be pulled underwater and drowned. I'll include another tutorial under here, only I'll correct that encountering a shark and surviving the ocean threat will now make sims scared.
  • I don't know what else to put here. So relating to the previous point, the fact that it's possible to encounter sharks in Britechester. It is also possible to be pulled underwater in Foxbury Institute neighborhood. Is it a failed student experiment that accidentally let a sea monster get away or is it a bug. It's up to you.

Sorry if I took some points you might want to share, but if you wish, you may add to that, add a story etc. Feel free to do the same to the other peoples' comments.

PS: Sorry about my little professionalism. I really felt like a journalist writing this. But still, I'd love to see what you bring to this disucssion.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    There's an unsettling part in Sims Medieval: In one quest the monarch goofs up, I do not remember the exact way how (setting a forest on fire?), but in any case two npcs have witnessed the goof up and need to get silenced. With the strict task-based system the only way to do this is to duel them. From the way this is presented I must assume the innocent npcs get killed. The only way to circumvent this is to fail the quest.

Sims 4 the pet death animation hits a little too hard home. Same for the dead parrots in Sims 2 and the dead lizards in Sims 1 that players have to actively clean out and then dispose of in a trash bag. I don't know what I did wrong, but I could never keep the lizards alive and eventually stopped having them because of the disposal method.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited January 2021
    There's an unsettling part in Sims Medieval: In one quest the monarch goofs up, I do not remember the exact way how (setting a forest on fire?), but in any case two npcs have witnessed the goof up and need to get silenced. With the strict task-based system the only way to do this is to duel them. From the way this is presented I must assume the innocent npcs get killed. The only way to circumvent this is to fail the quest.

Sims 4 the pet death animation hits a little too hard home. Same for the dead parrots in Sims 2 and the dead lizards in Sims 1 that players have to actively clean out and then dispose of in a trash bag. I don't know what I did wrong, but I could never keep the lizards alive and eventually stopped having them because of the disposal method.

Ah, Squirrel Infestation quest with Burn approach.

I agree with The Sims 4's pet death. It seems like pets are made equal to sims (if sim die with old-age effect, so will pets) instead of The Sims 3's sims becoming ghosts and pets getting sent into portals. Well, when Cats & Dogs first came out, the animation was absent. Pet just lied down, just patiently waiting to be reaped by Grim Reaper. Then suddenly (I don't know when) it was added.

I've read that even in The Sims 1, small pets will eventually die even when you take good care of them. Thus it seems like they're dying by old age. Fortunately The Sims 4 introduced a way to stop rodent's aging, but you still have to feed it...
    There's a video I've found on YouTube that shows some creepy things by @MakoSim to whom I've subscribed to.
    https://youtu.be/xL0T3t4TDis
    If you find any other YouTube videos telling about scary things in The Sims series, feel free to share them.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    the creepiest thing about this franchise is how ea managed to ruin it
    bella_goth wrote: »
    the creepiest thing about this franchise is how ea managed to ruin it

Hmm... That is a hot take. I can't say I disagree. I usually take The Sims 4 as an experiment.

Anyway, from the comments I've looked under the video, one thing was brought up.
    In The Sims 1, you sometimes get prank calls, which are harmless but can be scary if you don't know it.
    Here's the list of prank calls: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Prank_call#List_of_prank_calls
    Some are tame, for example "Wrong number. Sorry." or "Do you canoe?", but there are a lot of unnerving ones, like "You have been chosen. They will come soon." or "The drop off has been made. You've been warned.". Honestly, The Sims 1 is the creepiest...

Oh, and I've looked up some The Sims iceberg pictures. These are things I've found on them:
    • The haunted doll of The Sims 3: There was (or even still is, I don't know) a danger in The Exchange. Some lots had a doll which corrupted players' games.
      The link: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Corrupt_file_on_The_Exchange
    • The Sims 2 on PSP: Like most of The Sims 2 for consoles, it takes place in Strangetown. Unlike other console ports, it continues the story of the neighborhood. Some noteable things are that Nervous Subject has died in an experiments, forcing Loki and Circe Beaker to kidnap a random garbage man to perform experiments on. Not only that, but the main villain of the game, Doctor Dominic Newlow, is aware that the player exists and controls the sim you're playing with. He plans to control other sims himself and has even developed a cult around cows.
    • The Sims 2 on DS: This is a console port to Nintendo DS which also takes place in Strangetown, this time with a different cast (though with Tank Grunt and Johnny Smith are also there). This game sees you run a hotel. I've played it, and from my experience, it is really lonely there sometimes. Plus there's also a cult around cows. Fun fact is that The Sims 2 on GBA has the same cast of chatacters (plus some more) that are part of a reality show series (them being unaware of it).
    • Murder in Pleasantview by Alexander Goth: There's a book in The Sims 3 written by Alexander Goth. The problem is that this game takes place before the events of The Sims 1 and 2 (Bella and Mortimer Goth are still children), so he shouldn't have been born yet. Time travelling?
    • Murder in Chic Street Apartment 1313 21: In The Sims 4, there's an apartment in San Myshuno Fashion District where you can find an unremovable chalk outline. Once I sent a sim to see a musical, a notification says that there is a musical made about the murders there. Wether you have to move the rug to see it or it is seen on the rug, depends on the version.
    • The Sims 2 sims break the fourth wall: Sims have almost always broken the fourth wall at some point, especially when they are complaining about their low needs. However, in The Sims 2, if you zoom camera close enough to a sim, they'll look at you. Which may scare you if you are unaware (or not, depends on you).

Here's some more I've found. Some may not be scary to you, but if it's scary to some, it deserves a spot.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    In The Sims 2, ghost children will stand in one place and stare straight ahead. I’m addition, they will spawn dangerous NPCs onto your lot that can corrupt your game.
    edited February 2021
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    In The Sims 2, ghost children will stand in one place and stare straight ahead. I’m addition, they will spawn dangerous NPCs onto your lot that can corrupt your game.

Indeed. A message to players that they shouldn't kill children. Just let them grow up first. It was mentioned in the video I shared in this discussion. I'd say they lack the floating animation and due to being part of a hidden household, it gets those dangerous NPCs to come pick them up. So, if you have graves of children, move them to a community lot.

Here's a list of things that might be scary to some players.
    • Ghost town: In The Sims 3, if you remove every household from the town, good luck meeting new sims! The town will be mostly empty except for some townies who occasionally appear on the community lots. Sometimes on parks you may see a magician (not those Showtime performers, but rather a sim wearing a suit and a top hat) who disappears as soon as your sim tries to interact with them.
    • Grim Reaper: To some, Grim Reaper is scary. After all, he comes when sims die. Personally, I only find The Sims 1's Grim Reaper a little creepy due to visible skull. Then comes The Sims 2 where you can see some skeleton of Grim Reaper (with missing skull and legs disappear at one point). For me, The Sims 3 and 4 tamed it down a lot with a cloak coverting the whole thing except hands. But then there's The Sims Medieval with medievalish Reaper who literally has skulls hanging from his belt.
      More about Grim Reaper: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Grim_Reaper
    • Teleporting gnomes: In The Sims 3, there are mystery gnomes you can find while you are playing the game. For some, the fact that these gnomes teleport around at night is scary (The Sims Wiki's page of these gnomes was even vandalized with rumors about a youtuber who was scared). Those gnomes was brought back in The Sims 4 Seasons as a holiday tradition, but some people find them scarier due to the ability to anger them, causing them to break objects.
      More about those gnomes in The Sims 3 here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Mysterious_Mr._Gnome
    • Glowing eyes: For some players, those glowing eyes work in adding creepiness. Those can be found in abandoned mines in The Sims 3, Sylvan Glade in The Sims 4, and in some more places. Fortunately, these are harmless.
    • Some life states: Mummies, zombies, skeletons etc. Some occults scare some players.
    • Babies are 100% objects in The Sims 1: In The Sims 1, if you move out a household with a baby, the baby won't be brought with them and are instead sold with the house. Babies can be also stolen by burglar. Babies don't have any needs, but rather they'll cry from time to time and sims just have to do some interactions with them to calm them down or they'll be taken away. Object-babies do return in The Sims Medieval, but now they are treated as a part of hero's household (if hero divorces, babies are listed as children who can be split to divorced parents). The Sims 4 also has object babies, but along with them being treated as part of a household, they also have seperate needs (you can't make a dirty baby stop crying by feeding them).
    • Nannies can steal your babies and toddlers: There is a glitch where nannies (The Sims 2) or babysitters (The Sims 3) can steal your baby or toddler. What else to expect from a nanny who sets your house on fire and stare at it.
      More about them here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Nanny
    • Sharks: Like they can literally kill your sim in The Sims 3 (it doesn't happen a lot as sim needs to be gasping for air, but it does leave their skeletal remains floating down). Fortunately, sharks are mostly harmless, as long as you ignore them and don't bring meat with you. In The Sims 4, sims can encounter sharks, but they won't attack your sim as it just swims by. However, in Mua Pel'Am, it is a warning to get out of water or be pulled underwater (and potentially drowned).
      More about sharks here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Shark
    • Deformed sims or pets: If you are unlucky with glitches or have bad mods/CC, you may see sims and pets deformed. That's why you should never edit raccoons in CAS in The Sims 3. The Sims 4 also had a glitch on release where babies were deformed, which was fixed. This is an issue that even makes into YouTubes creepy glitches lists, so it has gathered some infame. Yikes indeed.
    • Sims' dumb decisions around fire: When there's a fire, you certainly won't go near it and panic and run around like a sim. That's why sims in The Sims 2 get killed a lot in fire! Fortunately, sims in The Sims 4 are smarter, where sims either try to put out the fire or panic a little and run out of the building. In apartments in The Sims 2, every sim living there run out of the building.
      More about fires: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Fire
    • When a grand vampire bites a sim...: In The Sims 2, if a grand vampire bites a sim, they will frequently bite more sims nearby. It not only leads to your sim unwanted vampirism, but the grand vampire may also bite dangerous NPCs like Mrs. CrumpleBottom, corrupting your entire game. So if a grand vampire bites someone in a community lot, get out as soon as you can!
      More about grand vampires: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_vampire
    • Scarecrow: Have your sim view it and it may scare them. Especially the sound that plays when it happens in The Sims 2 and 3.
      More about scarecrows here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Scarecrow
    @EgonVM The part with the gnomes reminded me of an anecdote from The Sims 3:

One time, I was playing a regular household, and I decided to get the alchemy thing for fun. I had one of my sims start placing random things (mainly old newspapers) onto it and turn them into gold. Eventually, I thought it would be funny to try to turn a gnome into gold. Unfortunately, this is when the spell backfired, and my sim got turned into a golden statue and died. The statue remained even after his death and sometimes I would see it in my peripheral vision and get spooked. I’m still weary of gnomes in The Sims to this day.
  • Yuki_himeYuki_hime Posts: 2 New Member
    There is almost nothing I find really scary about Sims, except for two things. The ghosts in Sims 2 and The Sims 2 for the DS.

I was always scared of the Sims 2 ghosts, when they floated around the house and scared my Sims. And that what happened yesterday to me made my fear even a bit worse.
    So, when I was younger and played the Sims 2, I always sold the gravestones. Since I never really had ghosts in my game, I didn't know that the ghosts can become angry.
    One of my Sims (Ashe) had a boyfriend named Takumi who died in a fire in College. When he graduated, my Sim took his boyfriend's urn with him and moved into a house with two other Sims. Everything was fine, Takumis ghost never appeared. My Sim then fell in love with another Sim and they married. But then another Sim flirted with him and his husband saw it and I let them break up. My Sim moved out but I continued to play the family of his ex-husband. And I'm sure Takumi did not like that. In that night he started to scare my Sims every few seconds, made really angry noises and broke some objects. The most scary thing is, that only happened after Ashe moved out. I read that it happens when the spouse got remarried, but not when he moves out. I had almost the feeling, Takumi's spirit got angry because Ashe's husband divorced him, even it wasn't Ashe's fault.

And the second thing, The Sims 2 for DS. Everything in that game was creepy.
    For me, it never really felt like a Sims game. I don't remember much from this game, but I know that the atmosphere was really scary and dark. What scared me the most were these aliens that came when you changed the time of your device, and "killed" you when you got too close to them.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    The tragic clown from the Sims1.
    :) Smile!

Yuki_hime wrote: »
    There is almost nothing I find really scary about Sims, except for two things. The ghosts in Sims 2 and The Sims 2 for the DS.

I was always scared of the Sims 2 ghosts, when they floated around the house and scared my Sims. And that what happened yesterday to me made my fear even a bit worse.
    So, when I was younger and played the Sims 2, I always sold the gravestones. Since I never really had ghosts in my game, I didn't know that the ghosts can become angry.
    One of my Sims (Ashe) had a boyfriend named Takumi who died in a fire in College. When he graduated, my Sim took his boyfriend's urn with him and moved into a house with two other Sims. Everything was fine, Takumis ghost never appeared. My Sim then fell in love with another Sim and they married. But then another Sim flirted with him and his husband saw it and I let them break up. My Sim moved out but I continued to play the family of his ex-husband. And I'm sure Takumi did not like that. In that night he started to scare my Sims every few seconds, made really angry noises and broke some objects. The most scary thing is, that only happened after Ashe moved out. I read that it happens when the spouse got remarried, but not when he moves out. I had almost the feeling, Takumi's spirit got angry because Ashe's husband divorced him, even it wasn't Ashe's fault.

For me, it never really felt like a Sims game. I don't remember much from this game, but I know that the atmosphere was really scary and dark. What scared me the most were these aliens that came when you changed the time of your device, and "killed" you when you got too close to them.

True. Angry ghosts can be really really bad news. They scare sims more, they break electronics and make baths dirty, and complain about the thing that made them angry. What's more unnerving is that it is easy to make them angry. Sell their bed and they're angry. Have their spouce remarry and they're angry. Have a new family move into the home and they're angry. And yes, kicking gravestones and smashing urns also make them angry.

About The Sims 2 for DS, I actually have this game for my 3DS. It is indeed really different. In this game, your sim is a hotel manager who manages a hotel in Strangetown. It even has its own wiki! https://the-sims-2-ds.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2_DS_Wiki
    While it shares the music and characters with The Sims 2 for GBA, it is 3D! I'll put some footage about the game in the spoilers so it'll take less room. If you wish, you may search more on YouTube. Let's get to the creepy parts!
    The atmosphere aside, for me, the biggest creepiest part are the aliens. The music, the consequence of time travelling, alien autopsy and so on. There are also unsettling quests such as Frankie Fusilli asking you bury a wriggling chest in desert and Ava Cadavra wanting a room for her cow cult. Not only that, but at rare times, hotel guests may get kidnapped by either aliens or goons for ransom.
    Here are some videos I've found of some of those creepy things. Of course under spoilers!
    The music that plays during alien invasions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3u1ujGSxo
    The cutscene that happens when you time travel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFX9tHWARQ
    Alien autopsy.
    https://youtu.be/swxACr1Kyiw?t=465
    Yep. An unnerving game indeed...

Puddinroy wrote: »

True. Tragic clown comes when sims are in bad mood and you have a tragic clown painting in the house. This clown comes and tries to cheer them up, but fails, making it worse. They'll fail at tricks, cry a lot, and all interactions fail. For some reason, he likes being slapped and insulted. And the clown is tied to the painting. If you sell it, he'll eventually go away. If you burn it, the clown burns too. If you hire clown catchers to remove the clown (with that danger theme used for burglars), they'll also remove the painting.

Even more, even the game itself is annoyed by the clown. If you have automatic snapshots enabled and burn the clown by burning the painting, take a look at the family album and you'll see.
    I'll bump this thread up with more creepy things.
    This time here, I'll focus more on spin-offs and console ports. Everything is from either my experience or from what I've read.
    • Mutant plant: Before the known and loved Cow plant, there was mutant plant from The Sims Bustin' Out for home consoles. Sims who use the incubators can create it. If your sim takes good care of it, they can sell the plant eventually. If not, the plant grows bigger and starts eating sims (though not all attempts are successful). While cowplant just sticks its tongue out with a cake, luring sims into it, the mutant plant literally jumps to catch those sims. Imagine being chased by a mutant plant trying to eat you. Terrifying!
      More about mutant plants: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Mutant_plant#The_Sims_Bustin.27_Out
    • Veloci-Rooster: Imagine just walking around a town when a fast mutated rooster suddenly comes and knocks you out. That is what can happen in The Sims Bustin' Out for GBA. Your sim will pass out, wake up in hospital, and when they come home, they'll have doctor's bills. And if you don't pay bills there, your sim goes to jail.
      More about that here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Veloci-Rooster
    • Earthquakes: In The Sims 2 Castaway for home consoles (Wii, PS2), there is a chance for earthquake happening, destroying the structures your sims have built (yes, sims have to find resources and build it by themselves). When this happens, a cutscene will play. And they reused The Sims 1's danger theme in there (you know, that soundtrack that plays when a burglar comes).
    • The possibilities in The Sims Medieval: In The Sims Medieval, there are things that won't appear in the mainline games. Sims can get drunk by alcohol. Sims can literally murder each other by swords and poison. And sims can be punished with death. Don't worry, it's sim being pushed into a pit occupied by Pit Beast, with whom that sim has to fight to. Some survive, while others get eaten while trying to climb out, with the beast later spitting the bones of the sim out. There are a lot of skeletons in The Sims Medieval...
    • Removed mourning: Let's go to freemium games! Yay! In The Sims Freeplay, when aging was featured adding death by old age (sims can die by only old age there), sims mourned when a friend or family member died. They could do two interactions with other sims to get over it faster, but until then, they moped around and were sad. Then at some point, it was removed. If a friend or family dies now, sims won't care. If they are happy, they'll be happy, walk happily, and so on (or shall I say inspired). It's like they never existed. But hey, you now have that senior's life orb which you can use to build a arcade, a beach, a carnival, and a pet park! Yes, sims need to die for it or you can use the premium currency.
    • Grim Reaper stalks old sims: Well, it was a thing in The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Mobile, but it's also removed. When senior/elder sim was close to death by old age, Grim Reaper used to stalk them, and in The Sims Freeplay, use objects like TV, grill, and so on. Sometimes he would try to eat an apple and fail, then try to throw the apple into his hood, only to fall out under him. At other times a dove flew on his arm and immediately died and fell on the ground, making Grim sad. It lasted until the senior/elder died or got their life extended.
    • Grim Cowboy: In most of the handheld games (and in The Urbz: Sims in the City and The Sims 2 Pets for home consoles), sims didn't die. Instead when they were starving too much, they passed out and waked up at their home, hospital etc. Sometimes there are a character who collects the passed out sim, for example a genie. In The Sims 2 for DS, it's a brown ghostly figure wearing a large hat. In game, it's called Grim Cowboy. So yes, don't let your sim pass out there by hunger, thirst, poor hygiene, freezing in freezer, burning in fire etc.
      More about that here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Grim_Reaper?file=Grim_Cowboy.jpg#The_Sims_2_.28Nintendo_DS.29
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Kraken and Mysterious Mr gnomes in Sims 3 still scared me to this day, and the evil gnome sometime spawn near my sleeping Sim to wake him up.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited February 2021
    Oh, I just remembered how creepy mausoleum rabbit hole is. The sounds it makes when sim is inside there (fun fact, one sound has been reused in The Sims 4 when Grim Reaper looks through his tablet or sim looks through obituaries on computer) can be creepy.

It not only offers a part-time job, it also lets sims explore the catacombs to find some collectibles (like gnomes). It's a text-based adventure, where your sim can encounter bears (including a zombie bear leaping from a coffin), experience things not meant to be heared by sims, monsters that look like the ones described in fairy tales for mean children, an option to give a skeleon your hair etc. If they encounter a bear or something terrible, they'll come out looking singed without the singed moodlet. What even is happening there? What evils are sealed away there?

Oh, and sometimes I have called the ocean threat in The Sims 4 as souls of previously drowned sims that pull sims underwater for company.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want the kraken so bad 😭😭😭 he was so scary. I'm surprised I don't here people talk about it being added to ts4.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade Compared to other things in the series, I don’t think it was THAT scary.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I totally forgot Kraken was in Island Paradiso & not in Sulani Island.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I totally forgot Kraken was in Island Paradiso & not in Sulani Island.

Fun fact. Kraken is not only in Isla Paradiso, but also in Sunset Valley if you send your sim boating far away and luck sends you (or rather unluck).
    Yes any world with ocean that is deep enough can spawn kraken
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @Babykittyjade Compared to other things in the series, I don’t think it was THAT scary.

Many of these are indeed subjective. Some may not be scary to you while others may. That's OK! Feel free to share what's scary to you in The Sims series or stories of what scared you. Don't worry, we'll understand.
    izecson wrote: »

Yes, that is indeed so. Fun fact: if you have a boat near a diving spot and your sim is diving underwater, you may see kraken underwater. Just like one shown in this picuture (I'll include URL in case the picture doesn't load).
    latest?cb=20130818132823
    EgonVM wrote: »

Many of these are indeed subjective. Some may not be scary to you while others may. That's OK! Feel free to share what's scary to you in The Sims series or stories of what scared you. Don't worry, we'll understand.

Yes, that is indeed so. Fun fact: if you have a boat near a diving spot and your sim is diving underwater, you may see kraken underwater. Just like one shown in this picuture (I'll include URL in case the picture doesn't load).
    latest?cb=20130818132823

Oh, I happen to have mine as well

Screenshot-601.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Oh, I happen to have mine as well

Screenshot-601.jpg

That's scary. Being closer to that kraken is a really scary thing for me.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The scariest thing is how imaginative we the players can get. We can imagine a world fueled by nothing but endless suffering for our sims, or a world where everyone hates eachother and children are locked in rooms to get taken away. It's scary how your sim can just leave their child in their burning house, and leave them to die. They pick up the toddler, but not the kid. It's scary how Ghosts can cause your sims lives to be painful-or short lived. The sims is not just a silly life simulator. This game is an advanced device where some people can act out whatever fantasies they want, no matter how dark and twisted they are. That is what is the scariest part of the franchise.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Yuki_hime wrote: »

True. Angry ghosts can be really really bad news. They scare sims more, they break electronics and make baths dirty, and complain about the thing that made them angry. What's more unnerving is that it is easy to make them angry. Sell their bed and they're angry. Have their spouce remarry and they're angry. Have a new family move into the home and they're angry. And yes, kicking gravestones and smashing urns also make them angry.

About The Sims 2 for DS, I actually have this game for my 3DS. It is indeed really different. In this game, your sim is a hotel manager who manages a hotel in Strangetown. It even has its own wiki! https://the-sims-2-ds.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_2_DS_Wiki
    While it shares the music and characters with The Sims 2 for GBA, it is 3D! I'll put some footage about the game in the spoilers so it'll take less room. If you wish, you may search more on YouTube. Let's get to the creepy parts!
    The atmosphere aside, for me, the biggest creepiest part are the aliens. The music, the consequence of time travelling, alien autopsy and so on. There are also unsettling quests such as Frankie Fusilli asking you bury a wriggling chest in desert and Ava Cadavra wanting a room for her cow cult. Not only that, but at rare times, hotel guests may get kidnapped by either aliens or goons for ransom.
    Here are some videos I've found of some of those creepy things. Of course under spoilers!
    The music that plays during alien invasions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3u1ujGSxo
    The cutscene that happens when you time travel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFX9tHWARQ
    Alien autopsy.
    https://youtu.be/swxACr1Kyiw?t=465
    Yep. An unnerving game indeed...

Puddinroy wrote: »

True. Tragic clown comes when sims are in bad mood and you have a tragic clown painting in the house. This clown comes and tries to cheer them up, but fails, making it worse. They'll fail at tricks, cry a lot, and all interactions fail. For some reason, he likes being slapped and insulted. And the clown is tied to the painting. If you sell it, he'll eventually go away. If you burn it, the clown burns too. If you hire clown catchers to remove the clown (with that danger theme used for burglars), they'll also remove the painting.

Even more, even the game itself is annoyed by the clown. If you have automatic snapshots enabled and burn the clown by burning the painting, take a look at the family album and you'll see.

Thank you for the walkthroughs of The Sims 2 DS. haven't found one lately but now i have!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited March 2021
    I started my Sims Odyssey with Sims2. For the longest time I played with autonomy off. But, once I was more secure in my knowledge of how to play the game, I went ahead and turned that feature on. I had yet to experience a ghost before. I was back in my 'office' which was really the bedroom my daughter vacated when she got married. It was 31 October. My boys were yet in school. I got so into my game, I didn't even get up to turn on the lights in the room. Suddenly, it was dusk outside, the room on the darkened side. I had just moved my Sim family into a Maxis made house, not knowing its history. I never played premades, even back then except during the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. Suddenly, it was night in my game, too. Then I heard a sinister bit of music and then I saw it. A ghost was floating around in the backyard of that home. That creeped me out. LOL Mostly because it was Halloween, already dark outside, and I was alone in the house. And that music. I was never one to watch those scary Horror flicks, either. And after having seen the original Exorcist movie, I totally swore off horror films in perpetuity. I still don't watch them. And it's not like I was a kid or anything, either. I'm turning 66 soon. ;)

ETA: I never once saw the Kraken. My Superstar often swam in the ocean, too. It was his favorite pastime. But, then again, he never once got abducted either, despite my efforts …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top