Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floor tile needed for object?

Dear all,

I have an odd issue. After installing the ambitions update, I happened to bulldoze my house because I was bored of it and wanted to rebuild.

I managed to delete Everything, except a couple of floor tiles on the second floor. When i select these tiles, I get the message 'Floor tile needed for object'.

As far as I can see, there are NO objects under or on these tiles. I also have no mods installed and my sims also refuse to walk over them, saying (in their speech bubbles) that its an obstacle.

Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried everything, from bulldozing the lot all over again, to the sledgehammer, to covering the tiles with another tile type and trying to delete, nothing works. :(

Please help!

Thanks

P.

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited July 2010
    With the game off:
    Delete the cache files.
    Found in: Documents/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3 folder
    CASPartCache.package
    CompositorCache.package
    ScriptCache.package
    SimCompositorCache.package

Then go back & try it again. If it still fails move on to another lots this one could be corrupt & there is nothing you can do to cure it.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    Try this, in edit town move your sims to the clipboard by evicting them. Now go back to the lot in build mode, use the walls up button and click the level up as high as it will let you and examine the area above these tiles and look for anything from light fixtures to maybe a wall decor and remove it. Also make sure the roof is not on by going to roofs and clicking off the automatic roofs, and then click the delete all roofs button as well. When that is done, go back to Edit town.

Move you sims back into the lot from the clipboard and if the tiles are still there try deleting them with the jackhammer. Let me know if this works, if not the lot itself may be corrupted and I will let you know what to try next.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sometimes it's a puddle....I've had to build a staircase, get the sim up there to mop up the puddle and then I can delete the floor...
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • VodkaBVodkaB Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Thanks all for your replies.

Unfortunately, none of your solutions have worked :(

I tried deleting the package files, restarted and didn't work. Even ticked the 'run game without modifications' and that didn't work (even though I have none).

also tried editing it as you've mentioned and also checked for puddles. unfortunately nothing :(

I've attached a picture for reference. Maybe this will help!
    picturestucktiles.jpg?t=1278108284

• VodkaBVodkaB Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Dear All,

I have figured out a solution! I copied the house and its contents and family to the clipboard, and moved it to another lot. I deleted the previous lot and it seemed to fix the issue.

Thanks for mentioning that the lot itself may have been corrupted, Writin_Reg! Gave me the inspirational idea to move everything to somewhere else!

Case closed. Thanks for all your comments :) Very much appreciated.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    Excellent, as all the rest usually does narrow it down to lot corruption if all else fail.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited July 2010
    Greetings;
    When this has happened to me, I usually find if I level up as far as possible to the roof, and work my way downwards level by level then there is a piece of roof, half wall, fence, or railing, etc. or something still there. When I find it, I use the hammer from build category to highlight and delete it.

So, try going to roof level and working down by levels. At each level, take a peek from different sides of the house (directions). For some reason, these stubborn objects show up in one angle more quickly than another.

When you're sure you've done a 360 circle, and haven't found anything then go ahead and move down to inspect the next level.

Hoping you find the solution. Good Luck.

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • BomberBoy84BomberBoy84 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having the same problem and I tried to delete the current lot and now I can not place the same lot back down even with move objects on.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I am having the same problem and I tried to delete the current lot and now I can not place the same lot back down even with move objects on.

@BomberBoy84, Hello and welcome to the site. Since you didn't indicate if you were playing The Sims 3 or the Sims 4, I will provide you with 2 links that either goes to a thread for new members who are having issues with The Sims 3 or one that goes to the AHQ website for The Sims 4 players as this thread is a Sims 3 thread from 2010... :)

For anyone who may have any issues with TS3, here's the link for New Members to post their TS3 issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest
    The EA team has moved The Sims 4 Help Center section to the Answers HQ Forums now. The Sims 4 Help Center section on this forum is now "Read Only". So you will need to click on this link if you have any issues that you want to report to EA and hopefully get the help that you need... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en