Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ...and I'm sure that doesn't help in that network management/support is completely different from computer graphics.
    Right, what he designed there would be a device strictly for output. Then he added the basic ingredients of what sounds like a DIY computer to me. To bring this slightly back on-topic, I don't think that setup would play TS3 very well as the specs are a tad weak. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @izecson Thank you for the link. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I found out two things this weekend that I didn't know.

I redecorated and a frugal sim went to 'view new item.' When he got to it and looked at it, he had a little temper tantrum and got a thought bubble with 'simoleons.' I guess he didn't like me spending his hard earned money. :lol:

The second one was that kids can play tag in the pool! I had directed two children to play tag and a little later noticed they were in the pool. I was like, what?! I told you to play tag! So I went to the pool and there they were, playing tag in the pool. :smile:
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Sorry if anyone wrote this already:
    I just found out this week that teens can learn how to drive through the school rabbithole. But I havn't completely figured out yet how it works; Sometimes this option is not available, and when it is, after taking this in school the Learn to Drive wish still appears. But anyway it was refreshing to find out this option in school. :smile:
    edited February 2021
    @Avatarit - The driving lessons they can take through the school can only convey up through Level 1 on the (usually hidden) Driving skill. It takes Level 3 to get a license. Or at least this is what I recall seeing in my games, maybe you see something different at times?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    I seriously need to get some sleep (kept awake by throat infection coughing) - I read that as teens "drive through the school rabbithole" completely missing the "can learn to".

My brain kept wondering, "OK...if a teen drives through a school, wouldn't it be rational to not have a "Learn to Drive" option coming up?

6bc2408f1f54c3a97cec0dfbce010c88.jpg
    Yes, kids...don't miss out words. This is why you have reading comprehension tests. :mrgreen::neutral:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Actually, a school with an intended drive-through sounds like a pretty good idea to me. "Hi yeah, we'll have one order of algebra, one physical education with no bullying please, and two large fries. We pay at the first window, right?"
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Don't forget the milkshakes. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I found out that sims can bring toddlers to the hospital with them if a parent is holding one. When Carson and Mollie were expecting their son Oliver, Carson picked up Isabella, who was a toddler then, and they headed to the hospital. She even got the moodlet for a new baby!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I am probably the only one who didn't know that a Sim can apologize to another for embarrassing them. This is so cute!
    mw1525 wrote: »
    I am probably the only one who didn't know that a Sim can apologize to another for embarrassing them. This is so cute!

I'm still waiting for the Canadian mod - the one that allows sims to apologize to inanimate objects and other sims when the other sims bump into them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @Avatarit - The driving lessons they can take through the school can only convey up through Level 1 on the (usually hidden) Driving skill. It takes Level 3 to get a license. Or at least this is what I recall seeing in my games, maybe you see something different at times?

@igazor Right, that explains why they still don't complete the wish.
    But I still don't get why the option sometimes appear in the school and sometimes not. I don't know how to "catch" it. I tried different hours, different days, different sims... They didn't learn from the adults in the household yet, that's for sure.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I didn't know toddlers could climb on to rocking horses by themselves or that sims with science skills can throw rubber ducks XD
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I didn't know toddlers could climb on to rocking horses by themselves or that sims with science skills can throw rubber ducks XD

WAIT..... WHAT?! *thinks to self* Okay, I need to add a rocking horse to Grace's new room!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sims will react very negatively when witnessing their best friend forever become best friend forever with another sim in front of them, like jealousy.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

I did not know that either. I never get rocking horses for my sim children until they age up to child. Now I'm going to have to start getting those along with the other toddler toys, instead of waiting for their child birthday.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @HillyBeth @IreneSwift

I don't know if climbing on them is a base game action, but this mod lets toddlers ride the rocking horses:
    https://modthesims.info/d/651108/toddlers-can-ride-rocking-rider.html
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I didn't know that dogs could drink from the ocean.
    :) Smile!

They should have gotten a "nauseated" moodlet from that since they're drinking salt-water. C'mon, EA. Get with it...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I was catching up on the little messages that pop up - the daughter was tending a garden she didn't plant and each time she harvested a new plant, a message popped up. When I got to the bottom of the messages, the Dad apparently had gotten a phone call and the message was his thought that said "that call came from inside the house..." I have NO idea what that was about and I had never seen it before.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    There is another wolf howling sound effect in the middle of the night during fullmoon, totally different than the moon howling during the beginning of the lunar phase or that of werewolf's howl.

managed to hear this the second time even in the middle of the ocean on the houseboat.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I had no idea until today that sims can talk in their sleep. I thought for a moment I was mishearing, but nope, the one sim was definitely muttering to himself, in fact some of the same phrases sims use in everyday life. I love these little details.

And yes, I was watching my sims sleep. On normal speed. I prefer the term "attentive" rather than "creepy."
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Here's something I just learned. One Sim can start cooking a meal (using the stove) and another one can finish it :o . Since I don't have my Sims leave the stove when cooking, I didn't even know this was a doable thing.

Be careful there. The food can burn if you leave it in the oven or on the stove too long. A fire may even break out!
    I've even had a sim start cooking on the stove, cancel the action, give the toddler a bottle, then come back and finish cooking. I love it! :)
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    I know everyone already knows this but me! I was so excited when I first started playing sims 3 and saw that the clocks actually worked and are not just decor items!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just saw the mascot doing the "Gangnam Style" dance. Wow! Sorry I missed getting a picture.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top