Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Can I Stop My Sim From Baking Cake Autonomously?

How can I stop my Sim in baking cake and brewing de stressing concoction automatically or autonomously ? He made a lot of cake and only one is baked the rest are barely done and go to waste. How can I stop them from doing this?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    How about opening a bakery instead?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Has anyone noticed that Bonehilda loves to constantly bake White Cakes.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Simple. Take away the oven. Open Build/Buy mode and put your stove in the Household Inventory when it isn't in use. You'll also need to move any barbecues to inventory to stop the destressing concoctions but they can go in personal inventories.

The cakes and destressing concoctions are caused by certain Neighborhood Action Plans (N.A.P.), so repealing those N.A.P.s is another way to deal with the problem.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    If you have Eco Lifestyle installed you should check if the Foodies Unite NAP is active. If it is, you can instant repeal it by CTRL-clicking on the mailbox of the household you're playing.

YXwQ3shl.jpg

If you don't have Eco Lifestyle, I don't know what is causing the issue. I have been playing several different households in several saves over the past few days and no one was making cake. Although Sims have stopped taking leftovers autonomously and will get a quick meal instead, which bugs me a little if I don't catch them in time.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Try the debug object cheat on him. That stops my Sim from opening and closing his umbrella countless times.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    If you have Eco Lifestyle installed you should check if the Foodies Unite NAP is active. If it is, you can instant repeal it by CTRL-clicking on the mailbox of the household you're playing.

YXwQ3shl.jpg

If you don't have Eco Lifestyle, I don't know what is causing the issue. I have been playing several different households in several saves over the past few days and no one was making cake. Although Sims have stopped taking leftovers autonomously and will get a quick meal instead, which bugs me a little if I don't catch them in time.

@Netzspannung I checked it on the mailbox it is not active and there is no Foodies Unite NAP to repeal!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    For awhile in my present save suddenly when moving into a new house every neighbor came by and insisted on making potions on the stove. The only way to stop it was to put the Private Dwelling lot trait on. After moving to yet another house, however, the problem didn't repeat and i didn't have to utilize the lot trait.

Edit: I realize this is not the exact same problem since my own Sims did not bake all the time, but the townies were. But it is worth mentioning; maybe try moving them out and then back in again?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Ever wonder if little weird things like this and the repetition of such things is coded in?

Never had a problem with the baking of things, however, I have had sims that seem to obsess over certain seemingly mundane actions like this. Even Premade sims. Do you have any mods installed? Are they updated if you do have mods?
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog