Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Degrees: "Focused Life Goal Dream Job" or "Oh I guess I am doing this now"?

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
...I always play my Sims with a plan. Grind their skills so they qualify for a distinguished degree and qualifications for Insert Dream Job Here.

However this time one of my Sims have a set of skills and personality where I honestly don't know what I want her to do. That made me thinking... Isn't that actually more like real life for most people?

Anyway, that is what I am doing now. Her girlfriend will be an Actor, I have already set it up, but all I know about this woman is that she is an Adventurer and probably would not accept a 9 to 5 normal job. So I will just send in her application and go for something that fits that... even Villainy, if that is what she qualifies for.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Or maybe have her learn something that complements the actor GF, like writing (screenplays) or media production (small independent studio).

Cases like this are why the undeclared major might be a good idea for the first term at least.

On a sidenote, many of my YA sims have little no idea what they want to do with their lifes, but their parents and employers sure do! Jacques Villareal in most saves pays the Renegades' college, so he gets to say what they sign up for (villainy, economy or law).
    One of my androids wanted to become a CEO, but his guardians put him through police training because that was what he'd been programmed for (he did his course work at the police station and was a workplace scholarship student). And the most memorable case was the meteorologist who had to go conservationist because that seemed to be the closest in the sims world. Funny thing is, for that career he benefited most from the economy major. To his family it must have looked as if their boy had drastically changed his career plans, lol.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I kinda wish we had an undeclared major for a bit and then it can tell what we seem to be focusing on skilling on and then go from there.

For the most part, I do send a lot of my teens to college but some just don't work. Wolfgang is one. Some cases are also likely of low-income and needing scholarships to actually go in the first place.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!