Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Have Aging Turned On For Your Townies?

13...Next

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I turn aging on for everyone whenever I play my main household. I don't like it when my heirs age up while I'm getting everyone else up to speed during my rotations.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I have various saves. In my largest and oldest save, I have aging on but this has resulted in three lots being used for cemeteries. I do love them dearly, don't get me wrong, but I have a lot of dead sims haunting my game. In my second main save I have aging off. I am loading the save with a lot of my own sims that are mostly occult sims (Hello Yuki Behr the Vampire) then I will turn the populating feature off until I need more. (I use MCCC and NPCC so I can avoid having the game create its own "sims".)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,551 Member
    Yes - All Households
    Once the four eldest siblings graduated from Uni, I put aging back on. Once they each got married and started to move out into their own places I made sure to have aging on for All. No use in making sure the kids were aged in their birth order, just to have it go all wonky, since I don't rotate households, per se. I only check on the other households to make certain they're at their proper ages and to add babies, where babies are due. I just used MCCC on the triplets' birthday party to make Hayleigh happy. She's the only one without children. (Sh, don't tell anybody, but I gave her triplets!) I know, that was mean. LOL But her sister-in-law has twins, and Erik and Kayleigh have a set of twins. Why not reward Hayleigh with trips, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I set the aging on long for everyone, my vampires are the only immortals and supernaturals that drink the immortality potion ( aliens & spellcasters) I don't play with mermaids they are boring 🤣
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I have all households age, but I use a custom lifespan where every day is 3 months.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No - MY SIMS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!
    No one ages up until I say so.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I have aging off because even the longest lifespan feels to short for me to get the most out of whatever life stage that the Sim I'm playing is in. That could just be my autism diagnose, because I know I'm always going to need just that tad bit more time then a neurotypical person for the same task. Not because I'm 'slow' as in meaning dumb, I'm just 'slow' as in just as intelligent as that neurotypical person, I just literally take longer to actually process the information.
    The game literally would move too fast for my usual gameplay, so I keep aging turned off to play the game at my own pace. I'm very much a family player, and I kind of keep my Sims alive until they're great-grandparents. Then I only turn on aging for that household, and wait for Grim to take them. Sure, I'll keep them around as ghosts, but my only truly immortal Sims are Vampires.

I do kind of struggle with the use of Vampire families because of their immortality, so I usually just have them build 'clans' of offspring as sort of a surrogate to that. Thank you, Get Together club function... I mean, that way, each member can run a club of their offspring, so ther are each able to turn eight Sims max (they usually don't turn that many in practice). I don't know, it feels a bit weird to me have great-great grandma looking just as much like a Young Adult as her great-great grandkids do. So I usually have Vampires become grandparents at most, and then they'll start turning Sims. Only willing ones, else we'd basically have a sort of 'Vampire outbreak' on our hands. So I kind of headcanoned in a 'they can't be turned unless it's in their darkest desires' idea into a Sim turning into a Vampire. They have to, deep down, so deep that they might not even know it, WANT to grow a pair of fangs. I usually have Vampires with the Good trait turn Good Sims of any kind. And Sims with the Evil or Mean traits get turned by Evil Vampires. For Sims without any of those, I just tend to decide who gets that master relationship bit with the 'turnee' by how I play the Sim that's about to turn.

I don't really give Spellcasters the honor of immortality, even though there is a potion recipe. Mainly because them being immortal would make Spellcaster bloodlines sort of obsolete in my gameplay. But I will hand them the 'they live way longer then an average Sim' win. Like, Spellcasters are going to meet Grim as a great-great-great grandparent when compared to a regular Sim. I do allow them as one of the few to max the Vampire Lore skill, though. If we're going by Harry Potter rules, they SHOULD know about supernatural creatures.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I like going to the park with my Sims and meeting all the children from the MCC pairings
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    No - Active Households Only
    Nope. Active sims only. This gives me a solid measure of control while offering me a little bit of structure and guidance to both keep things interesting (my sim kids have to earn their perks for adulthood) and occasionally prod me with a choice of which way to take the story ("It's almost your sim's birthday!" with an implied "do you want to use a Potion of Youth or let this sim get older?")

I play the game a lot like I played Sims 2 way back in the day. Had to periodically earn "live forever juice" (aka elixir of life) if I wanted to keep a sim's roll going. But I could bounce freely between my big rotation of sims without worrying about anyone aging into the grave when I turned my back on them.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Yes - All Households
    i honestly dont care if my sims age and die lol
  • Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes - All Households
    I’ve had it turned on because of my sim kids make friends I want them to age the same
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I've always found myself torn across my saves to turn on aging for my townies or not. There are lots of times where I get such a great set up that I couldn't bare to lose a neighbourhood feel and established Sims... But I am not too much of a fan of having my Sims friends forever stay the ages that they are- I think it all depends on the type of save you are playing!

What is your play style? Do you let the whole world age? Just a few households? Tell me everything!

I'm on a long lifespan and the sims that started off in a new save- minus the vampires- are all long gone. I'm getting deeper into fifth generation. There are currently 9 sims born into my legacy family(which has multiple families in it). Soon there will be 10 but this child actually carries the lineage/legacy name of Cole. I started this particular save last July.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I alternate. I let townies age for a while, then I switch it back to off. That way, they don't live forever but also don't die too fast.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    When I play with normal lifespan I only let my current active household age. When I play with long lifespan I let my current active household and townies age.

This way the townies don't age up too fast and I can play a bit faster or slower pace. I also have some mainly unplayed background families that I sometimes let age with townies, but otherwise they live forever (or until I let them go >:) )!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,551 Member
    Yes - All Households
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I alternate. I let townies age for a while, then I switch it back to off. That way, they don't live forever but also don't die too fast.

Wow, maybe I should do something like that, too. It's very hard on my Global Superstar when the Paparazzi he's made friends with start dropping like flies! Or, I should do what I did for the Butler they hired. I liked him so much but he was already an Elder, for who knows how long? So, I used MCCC on him to age him down to Adult. Phew, dodged that phaser blast.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    No - Active Households Only
    I used to have aging turned on for townies, but then the game started generating decent townies that I started to like and wanted to keep around. For a while I just used the blue heart feature (I'm drawing a blank on the actual name) where you click that and it saves them from culling, but then I wound up liking so many of the familiar faces and I got tired of having to manually go in an de-age them every once in a while, so now aging is off for all but the active household. I'm sure I'll probably turn it on again at a later date just to move some of the townies along.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I like to have full control in my game. Sims will age if & when I want them too, so aging stays off. My game my rules. That's why I can only play with mods like MCC. Sims were having babies I didn't plan for and dying randomly, not anymore.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I only age my sims + townies if I'm doing a challenge that requires me to. Otherwise they all state in the same lifestate forever