Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2021
    February Day 14
    eQ6ROZQ.png
    Grimmy and Guidry were getting along very well. They had talked all night in fact. Roxanne had been awakened in fright a few times in the night and had to kick some creepy doll butt. She was getting a little cranky. Before she left for school someone came over and barged right in! Now sometimes roommates will have visitors but this wasn't the case. I felt like Roxanne was making a decision by the look on her face, but I as The Watcher decided the eyeball ring he wore (and you know just how rare that is to see dear reader) had a deep and powerful protective enchantment. Looks like you'll get away this time Raj, but you are treading on thin ice! I do have a pet peeve about sims barging in the house though.. it was my excuse for Roxanne moving the last time (maybe I'll have an easy excuse this time too!).
    When Roxanne got home from school Grim followed her around like a puppy while she watered and fertilized her garden. For someone that talked all night and played on his phone all day Grimmy was super needy... He made me think of Mario even!
    Since Roxanne was getting tired from the hauntings she decided to employee a butler! Besides she could spend some extra cash there. Now I'm posing a question, should I give the butler a makeover.. or better yet remove something? I dunno she kind of fits in and I'm having trouble deciding.
    I picked the picture of the day because I love watching Grims smoke trail.
    kuwT5x4.png
    3v56IH4.png
    CBqRyT6.png
    OE64Gdt.png
    Rv4Bawq.png
    C1CVWok.png
    0PRlvNP.png

I'll comment soon to everyone and welcome to the thread @GarbonzoBean66 I gave you awesomes too. It shouldn't take long to become a member.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose

I know, right? I was as surprised as anyone else when I opened at the game and it told me it was Love Day!

I loved the date, and it definitely benefited Jenny as she received a reward she could sell. I love her and Rohan together! They're so sweet, and I'm looking forward to developing this into something. I wonder if I'll end up writing stories like everyone else? I'll probably wait until she moves to make the narrative change, though!

Your story has me hooked more and more, especially because I love to hate Brittany. I really hope Jules and Mario can stay together, it would break my heart if they split...but then that's half the fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more!

@SoulGal7

Yamachan is just the cutest, to be honest. I really like the Japanese mascots anyway, and I think my favourite is Funassyi? A friend of mine introduced me to the idea of mascots, and I was so excited when the Sims got one!

Love Day being on Valentines Day was one of the highlights of my day, and I was just so genuinely surprised. It was the only save that had that happen, too, so I decided to take the plunge and have her romance Rohan! The Gnome Simmi was pretty much the only thing she could give him, but he loved it, so that was alright. And yes, they're adorable together, and I'm looking forward to them having more of a relationship in the future - she hasn't made it official with him yet, but that's the next stage of my plan!

@GarbonzoBean66

You'll be a member in no time! Don't you worry! :smiley:

@Karababy52

This update had me swooning on VT's behalf. Such a romantic getaway, with such an amazing man...And in such a stunning location! Like SoulGal7 said, it's very steamy and I think it's the perfect Valentines update!
    @Hermitgirl

Poor creepy doll! Ah well, I suppose it was justified...
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Hermitgirl Lol needy boys are the worst, doesn't matter if they are Mario or Grimmy :D I like your butler, she has a fun and eccentric look to her, so I think she can definitely fit in with the rest of your motley crew haha. That dang eyeball ring. Everyone will be spared at this point haha!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @lilypadmeulin
    I'm so glad you loved it, I loved writing it! I missed these two being together so much! We shall see what happens with 'them' and if she'll suffer the consequences or what...I didn't even realize it would be Valentine's Day in real life until last night when I was writing it. I had an even more romantic outcome for this day after that, but decided to wait until later for it. ;)

Ah, okay, I should've done that with VT. It's hard to keep the high priced ones though when R2R Sims are so broke and could use the simoleans more than keeping a collectible. I guess that would've made things more of challenge though. Dang! Oh well, what's done is done.

If you ever do decide to cheat for her grade instead of sending her to school, here's the cheat:

careers.promote Highschool

Open the cheat box, type in the testingcheats true cheat, hit enter and then put the above in the box and hit enter again. That cheat will raise their grade by one level.

It's really only needed if their grade goes down to a D from not going to school. I believe if they get to an F, they are in danger of being taken away. One thing about the school projects too. It's true they can raise their grade or performance. But, it won't be implemented immediately after they complete the project until after they go to school again. So, doing those won't help to raise their grade if they don't go to school. I used to think it would, but I found out different with VT. Maybe it does for others though and it's just a glitch in my game. I'm not sure.

Cool, yeah, quite a few have chosen Kyoshi for a love interest. VT met him right away and they are friends, but once I saw Josh at the fishing spot, Kyoshi was quickly out the window for any kind of love interest. :D

You're welcome, glad I could help! :)

Oh cool, I see Jenny has the stars tattoo, I love that one! Oh! That's right building Snowpals, sand sculptures and making Snow Angels all help with the fun need too! The Yamachan mascot is so cute! Aww, Love Day! I can't wait to celebrate that with VT and Josh. Did Rohan like the gnome? Silver on the date and she got her first kiss...and another! Yay! Can't wait to see the progress on Jenny's home! Perfect update for Valentine's Day! Glad you liked my update too! I'm having so much fun with these two. Warms my silly romantic heart. :)

@Skeilah
    Oh good, they really are safe. I was so worried! *Whew* Those voicemails...so heartbreaking. It must all be so surreal for Bryon hearing them though. He doesn't remember her at all, he knows it's his Mother, but to hear that from a voice you've never heard before...messes with your head. I can see why he'd want to comfort Johnny more than anything.

Not sure what to think of the black hair and beard. It was a good idea for a disguise, but it's not going to fool his Father's one bit. For one thing, he's most definitely having someone watch their house and they followed the police van, so he knows they're at the police station. For another, I'm sure he knows by now Eliza is on the case, so he's probably watching her house too. I see much, much more drama coming up and I'm here for it! Fabulous update!

@permanentrose
    Oh my, quite the twist going on there and I'm sure many more to come. It'll be interesting to see how Mario handles Jules seducing another guy, and if he'll understand and forgive her if he ever finds out why she did it. If she agrees to all this, which I'm sure she will! ;) I'm intrigued how Brittany plays into all of this. I guess we shall see! Great update!

It was definitely needed and I agree, these two have even more chemistry than Josh and Zoe Patel had back when I first played him in the Apocalypse challenge. I never thought that could happen in a million years. Oh man, the guitar serenade was so sweet and I took way too many screenshots of it. I would've included more than just the one, but I already had way too many for the day's post.

Yes, they'll continue sharing their love during their weekend, of course. As for if she'll get in trouble for it? That remains to be seen. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just leave it at that. Josh knows a little bit more than y'all do, and Molly, but not much. VT will open up to Josh and tell him the whole story at some point before the weekend is over.

I explained to SoulGal7 in my comments to her below about how I was able to make the reunion with VT and Josh happen. In a nutshell, I used a side save, not the challenge save for story purposes. ;) I love, love, love that kiss in the water! It is steamy! First time I've ever had a chance to use it too! :)

@SoulGal7
    :D Well, hey, Josh is a very romantic and er, 'randy' guy and they've been apart for so long, of course they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other. They're in love and needed to feel the closest a couple can be so there was no way I could deny them that. :)

Keep the forcefield firmly in place, they just might need it. We shall see... ;)

I love Sulani too! I had to send them there in the end. I had thought about Selvadorada or even Granite Falls. But, I wanted somewhere hot and beautiful without fear of the weather interfering with their getaway. Not that they would care really, they'd just stay in bed the entire time. :D

I LOVE both of those screenshots! The shot with VT looking at Josh with such love and adoration in her eyes after he kissed her just makes me melt. I've loved that look since the first time I saw it in your Someone to Love challenge when Rick took Coral, Brianna and Raven on the dream dates. :) I so, so want them to runaway together too. But they really can't just yet. Mainly because VT needs to finish her aspiration.

BTW, VT is still a teen in the challenge save and none of this really happened for the challenge. I created a side save with VT as a YA for story purposes instead of using the challenge save and just not saving. I figured doing it that way, it wouldn't really be cheating by sending them to Sulani, which isn't a neutral world and technically she shouldn't be able to go there. Plus, this way if I need them to be together after the weekend before April, it'll be more realistic to how they feel about each other and the animations won't be restricted.

@GarbonzoBean66

That all sounds great! I hope you enjoy reading our stories in the meanwhile. We're having fun with this and I hope you will too when/if you join us one day in the future. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Figures Guidry and Grim would be talking about Woo Hoo! :D Fun how Grim follows her around. I think dear 'ol Grimmy might have a crush on Roxanne. ;) Too bad we really can't romance him very much. Unless you have a Mod. ;) Good idea getting a butler. I'd personally remove the makeup on her, but in your case for this story, I think it fits better to leave it. ;) You like the eyeball ring? o.O I'm guessing you're being sarcastic. :D Oh boy Raj, he has no idea who he's dealing with eh? Treading on thin ice indeed. I love watching Grim's smoke trail too! Fun update!
    @Karababy52

Thank you for the cheat! I'll keep it in mind just in case, as I don't want my poor Jenny to get sent away. As it stands, she's not really had an opportunity to do her homework for a day or so, but hey, the date with Rohan really paid off!

Josh and VT really are so cute, and I'm really hoping they get away with this...but that's not very likely, is it? Poor Josh, not knowing until now what had happened...

Yup, Jenny has the stars tattoo, and I think she has another too! I wanted her to look very cool, and I think in another save she has the angel wings tattoo, which is another favourite of mine. Rohan LOVED the gnome, no pun intended, and I think it really helped with them going on a date! As for the progress, I'll be getting on that today!
    edited February 2021
    Update 46 - Tension rising

VS3T5kF.png

Notes:
    It was quite late by the time Jules returned home, and Mario was in a confrontational mood.

"Where have you been?" he demanded. "I've been texting and calling you for hours! Your meeting ended ages ago."
    xIuEWMM.png

Jules looked down at her phone, just recently retrieved from Bex and still off.

"Sorry, Bex needed to talk to me about something. She took my phone for a bit...sorry, I know that sounds weird, but I can't really explain more," she told him as she sat down beside him.
    KTO8e33.png

Mario's face was still contorted into an expression of anger. "I'm just frustrated. I feel like you're never here, and when you are, you're always busy doing something. Sometimes I wonder why you even asked me to move in with you."
    QnCFfug.png

"Mario! That's not fair," Jules countered. "You know I love having you here." But even to her, the words did not sound entirely convincing. "There's just a lot going on right now. I had a really long evening - my meeting at the Renegades did not go well," she thought about Brittany with a grimace. "And now Bex just put a lot on my plate."

"Which you mysteriously can't talk to me about," Mario muttered in aggravation. "And I told you that Renegades club isn't good for you. I wish you'd actually listen to me sometimes."
    lpb32fc.png

"It wasn't even the Renegades that was the problem!" Jules spat back at him. "It was stupid Brittany and her stupid face." Her blood boiled just thinking about Brittany now. "The Renegades have never done anything to make me upset, and actually, they're the reason that Bex can use me for the task she wants me to do," she added, trying to keep her words vague. "Which I can't talk to you about, because you know that Bex's job deals with really classified stuff. But I do think I want to help her, but it's gonna be really awful if you're gonna act like this every time she needs me to do something I can't talk about."
    spFQNuo.png

"Well excuse me for caring about what's going on in your life. Look, if you'd just take the time to remember to tell me you'll be out doing something for the evening or bother to care that I'm now a bigger part of your life, maybe we wouldn't end up fighting over stuff like this. I want you to be able to help Bex too, but if you keep making decisions like you're the only one it affects, then yeah, it's going to keep upsetting me," Mario countered back.

Jules took in a breath, trying to calm her rage. "Fine. And you know what else would help? If you actually bothered to clean up after yourself sometimes. You're the one spending more time here, so it's super annoying to come home to have to do your dishes."
    vJL1tSm.png

"Why do you even care when you're never here?" Mario growled back.

Jules was seething now. "You know what, I'm about to say some things I'm gonna regret, so I'm done with this conversation."

She stomped out of the room.

Mario turned to his favorite vice to drown out his anger.
    i5O5Dpf.png

And Jules went to tend the garden, her head reeling from all the events that had happened today. She couldn't believe that just this morning, she and Mario had been more or less happily wandering around the Chalet Gardens. Hopefully with a little space, they could both clear their heads and sort through this.

(Yay, she finally harvested an orchid though!)
    bDm5Kb7.jpg

Day 7, Month 1

02-15-21_10-37-39_AM.png?width=721&height=577

So here is Jenny's updated lot, as of this morning before she woke up! She has a sink and a little bit of walling.

Screenshot_11.png?width=721&height=577

I also purchased the Always Welcome trait for her, although I have yet to try it out. I'm intending to use it tomorrow to see if I can hike her fun need up, as that really put a damper on everything as it normally does.

Screenshot_12.png?width=721&height=577

Her luck did seem to be quite good today, though, as she had strawberries and snapdragons to harvest again, and when I sent her to the vending machine, she ended up getting a Pit Beast, which sells for $250!

02-15-21_10-13-35_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After such a satisfying haul from the vending machine, I sent her off to have breakfast at the food stand (good thing it wasn't the judgy lady again) as she was getting pretty hungry.

02-15-21_10-15-40_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Unfortunately, fishing is still a tricky one, as her needs just keep cancelling the actions, as does standing in the rain for too long. Curse you, spring weather!

02-15-21_10-18-07_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I decided to be a bit cheeky when sending her back home to catch up on hygiene and a bit of sleep, and went ahead and got the Bee Box, as well as upgrading her bed to the most comfortable one we could really afford. The bee box looks so cute! I'm looking forward to selling honey from it as part of the harvest.

02-15-21_10-22-05_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I also had her bond with the bees. They're very calm for now, and hopefully they'll stay that way? But it was a really cute moment!

02-15-21_10-23-05_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Then, as she was napping, I got a notification for the Snow Festival! Yay! Here's an overhead view of Jenny's first festival, complete with Yamachan!

02-15-21_10-27-21_AM.png?width=721&height=577

To complete part of her aspiration, she had dango at a food stall. This took two tries, as someone ate her first one. The game got pretty glitchy around here, actually, but more on that later.

02-15-21_10-28-56_AM.png?width=721&height=577

There were some really cool things around the festival, like this dinosaur....

02-15-21_10-30-27_AM.png?width=721&height=577

And this Yamachan statue! It's so cute! Jenny took a selfie with it, of course...

02-15-21_10-31-39_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Of course, the Simmi capsule from the festival machine (the second one, that is) ended up getting stuck, and the running gag came back again. EVERY TIME.

02-15-21_10-32-07_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I sent her to the hot springs so we could get it, and while it glitched and didn't give the item, I had enough to get another, which ended up being Izzy! I also got a golden gnome the first time I tried, so here is Jenny's updated lot as the final screenshot of the day!

02-15-21_10-42-08_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I'm slowly trying to create a room, so that Jenny can have a roof over her head. Once I've done that, she'll really be on her feet, and I have faith that it'll be happening soon! I was really proud with my progress today, and so happy to take part in a festival, though I don't see her completing more of her aspiration until summer, by which time she'll be in another world.

Happy Simming!
    @permanentrose

Oooh, poor Jules. Mario does have a right to feel worried and also to air his grievances, but he does need to start doing his own washing up. Sometimes space can be very good for couples, so it's good they both have their own hobbies, but I feel like they're both unwilling to compromise right now...
    @lilypadmeulin Very nice daily photo! You got a really gorgeous shot! Jenny's lot is really coming along. Your game is in spring right now, right? That's good for the bee box since the bees will be actively making honey. They are dormant in the winter. I haven't played in winter yet, not sure if you can trick the bees into being active in the winter if you keep them inside like you can with plants, I'll have to test that up. I'm having Jules store up some honey for the winter though just in case. She actually might have to start working on her cooking skill if I run out though haha
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,912 Member
    Hi :)

Again, work weekend behind me and again I need to catch up :) I will make comments tomorrow, have read and awsomed all <3

I try to catch up more tomorrow, but I want to post the next update now, as finally something else than the usual chores :joy:

~~~~~~~~~~

nnAPwxi.png

Melody Connors
    Day 13 (February)

bYV8wHx.png
    ua7sDqA.png
    Morning starts like normally, at towel :)
    1UKftjV.png
    School was not that bad either, maybe it was the scout outfit she decided to try.

e83suBn.png
    After school to the town, she needed to use a computer.
    th92dQR.png
    Ones in this library are always available.

eMGl2m0.png
    Yay! Off to Romance Festival! There is that darn flower what refuses to craft.. well maybe some day I give up, haha.
    nPO3Avm.png
    New recipe again!
    gX8jjR3.png
    Lets view some paintings..
    nnAPwxi.png
    yaKvLlb.png
    Why not try to sell some too! Oh, hi L..
    dNys7lb.png
    She actually bought the large one. Good, Melody's mailbox says thank you!

LVvcLZP.png
    After the festival, why not go to sing some karaoke.. It is late , but nobody is watching... or that is what SHE thought!
    eno6srN.png
    V: "And what are you doing here at this hour, young lady??"
    M: "Mom, I was just singing.. who told you I was here? Nik? Dad?"
    V: "Hmmm.. nobody... "
    CJ24BEr.png
    M: "Mom, sorry, I'll go home now, if you see dad, don't tell him, okay?"
    V: "Okay , I won't.. at this time... I haven't seen him for a while anyway, that one senior center at Sulani most likely is keeping him busy lately.."
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    February - Day 15: "Tonight the light of love is in your eyes. But will you still love me tomorrow?"

RsscsTt.png

Notes
    YYjdBD0.png
    It didn't take much for Josh to convince Vanessa to go naked while here on this remote and very private island. He could sweet talk her into doing almost anything since she loved and trusted him completely.

Watching her lying there, her body glistening with sunscreen while her skin slowly tanned to a beautiful deep, rich golden brown, it didn't take long for the idea of doing something else out here to enter his thoughts.

v24SzBD.png
    WDolAQd.png
    zFX3k2F.png

RhHeibX.png
    "Mmm, oh God, that feels so freakin' good. Mmm, don't stop, don't stop, a little lower, oh yeah, right there, that's the spot, harder, rub it harder, it won't hurt me, ohhhhh yes, yes, yesss!"
    "Wow, didn't know I was that good at this."
    "Hey, want to check out those Aqua Zips? They look like a lot of fun."
    "Sure, have you ever ridden one before?"
    "Have you?"
    "A few times. They're pretty easy to operate. I bet you'll be riding it like a Pro in no time."

VgW8kLO.png
    "Woooooo! Holy Simoly! What a trip man! I love this!"

Vanessa and Josh spent the rest of the day tooling around on the Aqua Zips checking out the island. They found a beautiful waterfall and had some fun in there, and giggled together like little kids while trying to catch some very slippery frogs. They did some fishing, explored a cave in the side of a cliff, but didn't find much other than some seaweed, and then headed back to the beach house.

ihJyCv7.png
    A full moon rose overhead as the sun slipped under the horizon leaving behind a gorgeous orange and purple sky as they approached the house.

"Hey! Look, there's something jumping by that buoy out there. It looks like a dolphin, maybe? Want to go check it out?"
    "Yes! It is a dolphin. Let's stop here and swim out there, maybe we can get closer that way."
    "Oh Josh, it's friendly! Hi there, you're so beautiful."
    "Do you think it'll let me pet it?"
    "I don't know, couldn't hurt to try, right?"
    "There's TWO of them, this is SO cool!"

oOyr4B0.png
    They spent some time talking to the dolphins and laughing when they talked back with delightful squeals and clicks. The curious sea mammals didn't seem afraid of them at all. It almost looked like they were smiling as they swam circles around Vanessa and Josh, bursting out of the water to jump over their heads, twirling on their tails in a dance only they could understand. Soon they even came close enough to reach out and touch them.

M4iwa9q.png
    "Aww, look at you, you're so cute. It's okay, I won't hurt you. Do you want to be my friend?
    I'm going to call youuuu, um...Moonbeam, yeah. Because you shine like the Moon.
    Do you like that, Moonbeam?"

Josh laughed when the dolphin seemed to nod her head and then nuzzled her nose against his shoulder, causing him to turn sideways a little and get a glance behind them.

What he saw struck terror into his heart.

awoC2eI.png
    "Tessa, listen to me, DON'T MOVE!" Be as still as you can....there's a...shark behind us."
    "A shark! Oh My God!" Vanessa squeaked.
    "Shhh, look straight ahead, don't look back, they can sense movement more than anything." Josh whispered.

3IdcCwg.png
    "It's right beside you, stop treading and hold your breath if you go under until it goes by. Maybe it won't see you."
    "Why aren't the dolphins leaving?"
    "I don't know...don't talk. Shhhh."
    "I'm so scared Josh."

hjNy8Og.png
    The large shark slowly drifted by the terrified lovers and briefly brushed Vanessa's foot causing her to involuntarily let out a little scream. Incredibly the shark just kept gliding by making a wide circle around the dolphins before disappearing a few hundred yards away as they watched, frozen in place.

1UZaTRB.png
    "Let's get the Hell out of here! GO! GO! GO!"
    Moonbeam and the other dolphin watched the two swim away and then dove under the surface to quickly disappear as well.

PZhJ1fi.png
    "Oh my God Josh, we could've been killed! It touched me...I can't stop shaking. We need to get out of the water, now!" She said and then broke down to cry uncontrollably.
    "Oh Beautiful, it's alright now, come here, calm down Tessa, shhh, don't cry, it's long gone."

Josh grabbed Vanessa and she him, clinging together, their hearts pounding wildly against each other from the tension and fear of what they'd just experienced. He gently began to kiss her until slowly she stopped shaking, feeling warm and safe in his arms.

"Feel better now?"
    "Yeah... but let's get out. I'm hungry and I have to pee!"

ibNZP7l.png
    It was the early morning hours by the time they'd had a bite to eat and took care of other needs, but neither one felt very tired. The rush of adrenaline from the experience with the shark was still coursing through their bodies.

"Got any ideas on how to get rid of all this energy. I still feel all wound up like a rubber band ready to snap!"
    "So do I! It's been quite an exciting day. One part I could do without, but the rest? Incredible."
    "Want another massage?"
    "No, I've got a better idea to help us relax."

1gzgBkU.png
    "Let's go to bed."

I51Vc2S.png
    "That's the best idea you've had all day! Well, one of them anyway."
    *gigglesnort*

GHZRlA9.png
    Some time later, Vanessa still couldn't sleep and got up to sit in a chair facing out toward the sea as Josh slept. She stared at the horizon where the shark had gone, thinking about what had almost happened for one thing. But there was something even more terrifying keeping her awake.

(What if the shark hadn't just went away? What if...)
    (No, I can't think about that. We only have one more day together and I still need to tell him...everything.)
    (Will he still love me once he knows?)
    (Why wouldn't he? Stop wondering! Hasn't he proved it over and over how much he loves me? No matter what?)
    (Yes...but...I killed someone. Why would he love a killer?)
    (Just explain why you did it, he'll understand.)
    (Oh God, I hope so, I can't lose him again.)
    (You know he will, stop worrying and go back to bed.)
    (I should, but I think I'll sit here...just for a little while longer.)

Ugh! Gah! I thought I'd posted this hours ago when I went to bed. I must've hit 'save draft' instead. o.O My cat woke me up scratching at the bedroom door and when I opened the door to make him quit, I saw the monitor glowing. I'm going back to sleep a bit more, but I'll reply and comment on all your posts when I get back online later. Have a great day/night everyone! <3
    edited February 2021
    Gonna try to comment as a I see you post today (within reason of my availability haha) instead of just doing a giant comment post at the end of the day.

@Ellupelluellu
    Veera is so gorgeous, no matter what hairstyle she has. I've really gotten a soft spot for her, and it's nice when she can pop up in Melody's story from time to time. Also that comment about her dad HAHAHAHA. So great, I wonder when his big reveal will be...hmm...nice addition with the scouting. I think Jules might do the scouting hobby next month. I think it will fit into my plans :)

@Karababy52
    Dun dun dun....who did VT kill, and what were the details surrounding it? I'm assuming it was either an act of protection on her own behalf or someone else, or a very justified killing of someone who deserved it, or someone forcing her to kill someone at gun point or something. Just my guesses.

But the rest of the update was great, and Josh and VT both look so nice with their tans! Most of my sims look horrifically orange when they tan lol, so I usually just avoid it. The naked sunbathe option is a great one, makes it even easier to shed all those clothes hahhaha. I don't think I've ever spent enough time with sims in the ocean to see a shark - do they have a chance of attacking a sim, or are they just a background prop?Either way, very unsettling. That was another lovely day of screenshots. Sulani is so gorgeous. I can't wait for Jules to end up there eventually!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! - I am doing this from my work computer because my home computer is in "computer hospital", so right now can't get into Origin, or The Sims. Last time I was on was last night for the epic party screenies. I may still have those on the computer, but don't know because we had to re-install Windows as we had a fatal error on the computer. I am really depressed.

Anyway, since I am monitored on this computer, just leaving a quick message. Have fun gaming all :)
    @SoulGal7 oh no!!! Hopefully you can still play your save you’ve worked so hard on!! That’s very nerve wracking, waiting to know that you lost or not on your computer. The nice thing is that you have Sakura and her house in the gallery, so even if you do have to reset a few things and start over a bit, it hopefully wouldn’t be impossible. Hoping for the best for you though!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hello all. I don’t really have the energy to comment right now. A lot happened, I was very emotional today and because of that I’m emotionally drained. I had the strength to play today’s and tomorrows chapter but I dont have the strength anymore to write the story and publish it all (its so long)... So I’ll be a little behind for a while. I’ll keep reading everything but I really need some rest before going into my own story again. Goodnight!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    February Day 15 She's Here!
    BTZQrAE.png
    Roxanne has had a harder time filling her needs since making the house haunted. I am not complaining. It's gotten me thinking of better ways to manage. So she was getting near exhaustion and hungry when Temperance first showed up. The house often wakes her or just trying to keep up with doing ceremonies, and removing cursed objects leaves her little time to do much of anything else. So for once I bought her a moodlet solver potion (not positive its called that but it's a reward buy). I never have to do this and am kind of pleased that I have to try much harder than usual. Watching the household react is fun. More cursed objects than normal show up and sometimes they are hard to find, especially in a big dark house. Dark because of course the lights go out... frequently. So you spend a lot of time scanning the lot.
    Guildry gave Roxanne a totem that when placed near Temperance will drive her off but the house doesn't quiet immediately because you have to clean up anything left behind and or do more ceremonies. Grimmy and the Butler especially are having a hard time keeping it together. Good Times!
    Also Guidry was not happy with Roxanne for selling her soul again so he refuses to give her more soul scraps (not sure if this is just for now). He does however give her spectral sips (and the specters will too sometimes) that when your sim drinks them gives you a random skill boost.
    I do have a plan using her flower arrangements to help her out in the future. When she can find time to make them!
    Pictures of a couple days play in no particular order:
    zWDdrtA.png
    zJagj2C.png
    PfCnm74.png
    QXFyowE.png
    EJmi5co.png
    IZM6PZY.png
    Ch3QQ6Z.png
    egTcBMc.png
    @lilypadmeulin
    You're welcome. At least you have it if ever needed in the future. :) Yes, the date did pay off. She now has a love interest. A really cute one at that! :)

I love them, they have such great chemistry! I hope they do too, they deserve a happily ever after. Josh will get the full story (and everyone else) in tomorrow's update. He knows quite a bit, but not everything.

I've never used the wings tattoo, but it's cute! I tend to go more for the smaller, more subtle tattoos. I think my Adam Lambert Sim has the most of any of my Sims. But it makes sense since he has a lot in real life. :) Oh good, glad he liked the gnome!

Jenny's lot looks so similar to Tessa's when she was first starting out. However, I did use a build work around to give her a roof when she didn't didn't have enough walls for a complete room. It looked very strange, but at least she was able to get cover during thunderstorms. You can even simply use a roof piece as shelter too. I did that for one of my R2R Sims who started out in Winter.

Yay, she finally got a better value Simmi! Congrats to Jenny on the Pit Beast! One of the first reward traits I gave Tessa was Waterproof so she could fish in the rain. That was her main source of income at the beginning and it seemed to be raining ALL the time. The Bee boxes are great for R2R Sims, so many benefits! I only wish they could wear the Beekeeper's outfit when they bond with the bees and that they didn't go dormant in Winter, inside or outside. I guess it makes sense though.

Gah! So annoying when townie Sims steal food! Especially when your Sim doesn't have much money. I usually direct my Sims to steal it right back and then sometimes, depending on their traits, fight them! :D At least the Dango dish is cheap. Ugh, darn glitches! Cool she got more valuable Simmis though. She'll have a proper house in no time. Beautiful daily post pic too! Love the Snow Festival, it's so pretty! Great update! :)

@permanentrose
    Whoa! Big fight, glad they got all of that out though. It helps to clear the air sometimes instead of letting things fester inside. I don't blame Mario for being upset. When you love someone, you should trust them enough to not have any secrets at all. There are extenuating circumstances though, I suppose. Congrats to Jules for getting an Orchid though, that's one bright spot! ;) On the edge of my seat for what happens next. o.O

Some pretty good guesses on who and how VT ended someone's life. We shall see which one could be right. ;) I love the naked sunbathe option, no tan lines! Most of my Sims always end up with a great tan, bummer yours turn out orange. :( And yes, makes it very convenient for 'other' activities. ;) Sharks are not just background props, they're very real and very dangerous. There's a very real possibility they can kill your Sim! o.O Never had one kill mine though, thankfully.

Mine always just stayed very still when the shark was around and then swam for all they were worth for shore, leaving whatever they'd taken to get out there behind. Josh even got the new scared moodlet, but I was able to direct them back to the Aqua Jets after the shark disappeared. I wonder if the shark was intimidated by the dolphins. Real life dolphins will head butt sharks to make them go away, they're not scared of them, so maybe the Devs implemented that feature in the game. I have no idea. But the shark did make a wide birth around the dolphins. *shrugs*

I love Sulani so much! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Melody looks really cute in her Scout uniform. Did she put it on autonomously? Yay! Romance Festival, one of my favorites. How long has she been waiting for a BOP? Or is it Lily she grafted to get? I see Joey is there again. "YOU, again!" :D Cool L. Faba bought one of Melody's paintings! Got a chuckle out of the mailbox comment. :D

Aha, there she is! Hello Veera, looking beautiful as ever. Funny how she's looking all stern at first at Melody but then is all smiles when she hugs her. Love what you said about the senior center concerning her Dad too! LOL! Perfect! ;)

@SoulGal7
    Oh man, that bites! I hope all your saves are intact, not just this challenge. o.O I would seriously cry if that happened to me. Crossing my fingers everything wasn't wiped after Windows was reinstalled. 🤞 Did you have any backups on an external drive or an online Cloud system you could use? Hope so if it's gone from the original hard drive. There is options to reinstall and save your files, but if you had to do a full clean reinstall, I don't know how that works. *Hugs*

@Skeilah
    I'm so sorry things didn't go well for you, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Don't worry about anything else except taking care of yourself and get lots of rest! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. *Hugs & Love*

@Hermitgirl
    Wow, the Haunted House is really heating up now eh? I didn't know Guidry could refuse to help. That's good to know if I ever get back to my Paranormal save. The screenie with Roxanne all freaked out is the most scared I've ever seen her. Hilarious Grim slipped in the goo puddle! :D I see you left the makeup on the butler, cool! You must've done a ghastly ritual is the reason Bonehilda is a flirty ghost now. :D Absolutely love your daily post pic! Temperance looks seriously P.O'd! I sure wouldn't want to mess with her after seeing that. o.O

Hmm, I'm curious how a flower arrangement will help the situation at hand. I see Roxanne has already made what I can only assume is a bouquet of crocuses or one scented with them to calm the bees. By the way, how many of those creepy dolls did Temperance drop before she left? I watched a YT LP by James Turner and he had a least a half dozen when she visited his three brothers house. Anyway, another great update!
    @Karababy52 Lol don't wait on the edge of your seat just yet, there's a lot of pretty mundane stuff in my next few updates before things get too crazy. And yikes! Did not realize that sims could die from sharks in this game. I didn't even know there were sharks until you posted about them. Definitely will keep an eye out for them from now on 😬
    Sorry, should have replied with my comment above but posted too soon haha

@Hermitgirl I love Temperance! She's so much fun. In my paranormal save, my sim is dating her LOL. You got some great screenshots. Your sims are totally just living in a different world in that haunted house, and I love it. Also kind of funny that Roxanne keeps selling her soul - you'll have to let us know if there are any long term consequences to that!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All -It's been a rather stressful day today. My husband has been on HP Support for most of the day and then I have been on with Origin tonight. The good news is that our computer is now working. The bad news is that all of my save files for The Sims are gone. Wiped. With the help of Origin, I am downloading The Sims and game packs again, but it will be like I am starting the game for the first time. So, rather depressed about this, as I had another sim story going on - a Bachelor Challenge, and of course, my guy was not uploaded to the gallery. Don't even know if anything I have ever made in The Sims will even be on the gallery anymore.

Still downloading the packs as I am typing this.

So, I guess this will give me a new opportunity to do this challenge again! lol
    @SoulGal7 Oh no! That's a terrible feeling :( I had that happen to me several times with my sims 3 game back in the day, so I can relate to that awful feeling of losing everything you've worked to create, and even sadder because you are so invested in so many challenges. Several of us have Sakura downloaded in our games, so one of us can for sure upload her for you if for some reason your gallery didn't save. Sending you hugs, because even though it's just a game, we all know how much time and creativity goes into the sims, and it's always devastating to lose that :( At least you are getting it downloaded again, and though it will be terrible to have to start from scratch, at least you will have a game to start from scratch with <3
    edited February 2021
    @Soulgal7
    Aww man... I've had this happen to a save I didn't want to lose and it's pretty devastating. I guess you can pick up again either with this story or another?
    On your post that I hadn't commented on yet. I love when the game does things that fit's right in what you had in mind or even wouldn't have thought of for your story (the dj candy gift). Such a nice cameo of River too kind of made me tear up a little. I was hoping Wolfgang would save the day for Sakura's party also.
    Grrrr... I feel for you, so frustrating. You have a good outlook though.

@Karababy52
    Basically on posts Day 13 -15, Fabulous shots. I especially loved the ones with the dolphins. Reading your story and even it being hinted at I remember you said you want to retire your sim there. I'm kind of hoping to see them married by then. Of course as much as they go at it, better watch out for death by exhaustion :D
    I am wondering how the telling of the story will affect Josh. I'm sure he'll be supportive but still.

I still might remove the makeup on the butler. It's funny but too much.
    Father Winter does dance and do all the rest when he visits but he does seem a little more withdrawn overall and for some reason I notice him wandering off more. It might just be because I pay attention to where he is, you know? I don't think bonehilda has ever not been a ghost since I did the ghastly ritual with her, but it doesn't bug me. I'll try to put in what flower arrangements help her and why in upcoming posts. I have plans there.

@lilypadmeulin
    For Day 6 It was such great timing for love day to fall on the same day. There is only so much you can do with your sim until you get them handling their needs and the pictures are always cute.
    For Day 7 Not too sure about that bee box now but lol. Should be fun to watch. I gotta commend you though on really living this challenge and not being as cheaty as I was with living other places ect. Hopefully Jenny will have a roof over her head soon.

@Skeilah
    Wow what a great set up for your story. You put in so much work into it. The voicemails from the mom got to me and I got a little weepy so great storytelling. The guys look good with black hair too.

@permanentrose
    Oh wow to your daily pictures for Update 45 I love... I love this part of this game. I had to giggle about seducing Hugo and the "whims of the flesh" line lol. (He makes ugly big headed kids..lol) The science parts go so well with Strangerville too, bugs ect. Looking forward to it :).
    On your next post I'm glad you are setting up that decline between Jules and Mario so well.
    And congrats on the orchid, my spliced plant won't give me one! I plan on planting a plant on its own next time or splicing it to another plant where it might show up more often.
    Roommates don't become playable so I think Grimmy is still the reaper in my game. I think I saw him go and reap someone in another save when he was a room mate, but I'm not certain.

@Ellupelluellu
    Lovely pictures as usual. How is she doing in the scouts too. I keep forgetting to add Roxanne to them. The romance festival is my favorite still, even with the new festivals added. Lol. do I want to know what her father is doing at a senior center?

egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    February 15
    DGnESmx.png

Bryons Diary
    (Eliza) “Guys, I want to introduce you to ‘Bryon’ and ‘Johnny’”

Right in front of us were Paolo and Joaquin - disguised as Johnny and myself.

vXCZ7p5.png
    For some reason, Naoki started to laugh.

(Naoki) “Joaquin, is that you?! Hahahaha! I would’ve never thought that you of all people would do something like this!”
    (Joaquin) “Eliza… Why is he here?”
    (Eliza) “You know each other?”
    (Joaquin) “… The new recruit I told you about”
    (Eliza) “Oh…”

Awkward.

(Some more background story: Eliza and Joaquin are childhood friends in this story, so that's why Joaquin is helping her out. Paolo is just here because he was all in it to get blue hair)

7rWD8Qj.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki, who’s that?”
    (Naoki) “That’s Joaquin - one of my club member friends!”

ZZ2l1yV.png
    (Joaquin) *in himself* “We’re definitely not friends… I’m just doing this for Eliza...”

BQ4MoSM.png
    (Eliza) “Back to business! As you all might know, Isaius has a lot of accomplices, but the three names you need to remember for the rest of your life are Gage, Gordon and Gabrielle. They’re probably watching the police office right now, but no worries, they're actually airheads. They have to report stuff to Isaius. Something like “Bryon and Johnny are confirmed to be in jail". We’re going to make them believe that Bryon and Johnny are actually in jail with these disguises, while the three of you get out of here as fast as you can when the coast is clear”

70z7ZIv.png
    (Bryon) “But how does that work? Will Paolo and Joaquin be able to get out of jail afterwards?”
    (Eliza) “Of course, of course. No worries about that. We just have to fool those people long enough to get you out of here. As long as the G-gang believes it, Isaius also won’t know that you’re actually not here but at my place. One thing, you’ll have to get rid of your phones and get a new number. All of you. No worries, I’ll fix those.”
    (Johnny) “But what about photos and videos?”

*facepalm*

(Eliza) “I’ll get them out of the phone and deliver them to you later on USB. More questions?”

After a little question round, it was time to actually execute the plan. It was beautiful to see.

0DCGzbj.png
    It looked like it worked. We got in the car, drove to Eliza’s place and before we knew it, we were inside the house and able to take off our disguises. Marcus was waiting for us in the living room. He seemed to love our new looks.

BnFWLkk.png
    (Marcus) “Wow, Eliza! You gave them a new hair color?!”
    (Eliza) “Well I couldn’t let them walk out with their original hair colors. If only one of Isaius’s accomplices was on the lookout when we left the building, we would’ve blown our cover. Even those airheads could see that.”

(just for your information: the three main accomplices of Isaius are airheads xD They remind me of Jess and James in Pokémon lol)

(Marcus) “Do you think those accomplices were fooled by your stunt?” (more about this 'stunt' in behind the scenes)
    (Eliza) “Yeah. I think we’re safe”
    (Bryon) “But are we sure?”
    (Eliza) “We’re never sure. I’m working on a better solution, but I don’t think you’re in danger as long as you’re here. This house has an excellent security system”

(Naoki) “So… We can’t leave the house?”
    (Eliza) “I’m sorry, but no”
    (Naoki) “But… What about school?”
    (Eliza) “Ah, I thought of that. You’ll be tutored by Ms. Douglas and Ms. Ridley from tomorrow on"

(Johnny) “Whoa, we get our very own teacher?!”
    (Bryon) “Why are you so exited about that?”
    (Johnny) “Well maybe they're hot!”
    (Eliza) “Well, they are…”
    (Johnny) “I knew it!”
    (Eliza) “… But one is happily married with a woman, and the other one is way too smart for you”
    (Johnny) “Ah, come on! You don't have to be so rude!”
    (Naoki) “Hehe, it’s actually funny”

(Eliza) “Can I have your attention for a little bit longer?”

We all turn to face Eliza.

2fe22vX.png
    (Eliza) “The first floor is for the three of you”
    (Johnny) “The WHOLE first floor?!”
    (Eliza) “Haha, yep! One room for Johnny and one for Naoki and Bryon. Please, go check it out”

ktoZ7Hp.png
    You don’t have to say that twice. I was the one to get up first and Naoki and Johnny soon followed after me.

fUn0zCB.png
    (Naoki) “My DJ Booth is here!!”
    (Bryon) “You already got our stuff out?”
    (Eliza) “I’m a hard worker, you know. Check your room. Last door. Johnny, the first one is for you”

vQFX6ZE.png
    I opened the door and behind it were all the things that belonged to me and Naoki.

(Bryon) “Wow... You even designed the room.. Thank you, Eliza and Marcus..”
    (Marcus) “No problem at all! I’m glad that we could help you out. The other club members also helped. You should thank them too.”
    (Bryon) “You are all so sweet...”
    (Marcus) “That’s what family’s for, right?”

Marcus smiled bright. Yeah. Family. I guess the Partihaus club is really like my family, and together with Naoki and Johnny, everything is complete. Maybe we can finally get some silence here.

Behind the scenes
    (Somewhere in a bush)

lem4wqj.png
    (Gage) "Can you see something???"
    (Gordon) "Not a thing. Who on earth came with this plan to hide in a bush like this?!"
    (Gage) "Probably Gabbie.. She always does this kinds of stuff... This bush stinks..."
    (Gordon) "Gabbie, are you sleeping?!"
    (Garbielle) "... Eh?? No... Of course not..."

qNbkXYw.png
    (Gage) "I'm so done with this bush"

VVfGpyS.png
    (Gage) "Gabbie, come out of there. You definitely were sleeping"
    (Gabrielle) "Noooo, I wasn't..."

cMdPk3m.png
    (Gabrielle) "See? Already out..."

FkbgvbH.png
    (Gordon) "Yooo, get back in the bush, I see them!!!"

lKKlbfM.png
    (Gage) "I don't want to get back in the bush!! Where are they taking them?"
    (Gordon) "Jail!
    (Gage) "For real? Lemme see"
    (Gordon) I can't believe it! Boss will love this news!"
    (Gabrielle) "We gotta be sure though. Let's watch a little lo--"

mZdg4VN.png
    (Gage) "Nah-ah man, I'm not staying here any longer. That bush smells horrible! I'm just going to report to the boss!"
    (Gordon) "Same! Bye!"
    (Gabrielle) "Gage, Gordon! Waittttt!!!"
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    For the people that already read my update from yesterday - I switched up some things and replaced the daily picture with another one because well - I thought that one was better :D

Today's update is for later today!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top