Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Respond as your Sim!

Comments

• MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    (Diego is from the Sims 4.)

Hello, my name is Diego Fuentes, but just Diego is fine. Nice to meet you, Dev. Hey, didn't I do an exorcism for your neighbor once? I hunt ghosts for a living, in service of that acency, 'Ghostbusters Inc'. I remember a guy looking a bit like you bolting out of a front door at the place next to where I worked that one job. Not sure, maybe I'm getting things mixed up? I've worked for a few other celebs as well.
    dOj3qRA.png

To answer your question: I think you should keep the proposal at something casual. Just don't be too over the top, she might feel pressured that way. Expensive restaurants with violinists at every table and big old rocks on rings are really more of a relic from Judith Ward's time at this point. If you can't think of anything, I'd say that writing her a song would be a safe bet. I mean, you are a musician, right? Doesn't have to be a complicated piece: a simple rythm and some basic romantic lyrics in between the actual proposal will do. Oh, and don't forget to get down on one knee during that part of the song! Proposing on Valentines day sounds like a good idea: I hope she says yes.

Also, China is a lovely destination, good choice. You have taste, dude. I've been there once because of an exorcism, but I had booked a week-long stay to take in the sights. You really have to see the Forbidden City once you're there. And the view from the Great Wall is amazing! Definitely keep it in mind for a honeymoon. Best noodles I've ever had in my life.

Also, good to hear that you're not worried about what your friends think of you two together. If your friendship is strong enough, they'll get used to you and Hyacinth as a couple. I think you're well equipped to deal with people talking about that age gap. If you can handle the tabloids, then you can definitely handle a little smack-talk behind your back. I can understand the worries of your friends about something happening to your girl, though.
    [Diego hands Dev his card as he says the following]
    Watcher forbid, if it does... I could contact her for you. Death wouldn't have to mean disconnection for you two. The agency I work for doesn't just banish angry spirits, you know: we sometimes contact lost loved ones as well. It's honestly not even that hard for me to summon a ghost. All I would need is a headstone or urn, and about 3 minutes. Spirits can take on a semi-solid form to speak to Sims with a regular connection to the afterlife, like you. They'll be bound to their headstone or urn in that state, and it needs to be well kept. People like me can't bring her back to life, but I could at least make sure you two stay in touch should you lose her.

The agency obligates us to shortly interview a prospective client before we take a job, though. So let's get that out of the way, just in case. Have you ever had a paranormal experience before?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Dev, stunned, taking the card:

Wow! Uh, sure! I...didn't know stuff like this existed, but it's almost like a kind of insurance, isn't it? Like life insurance put another way. Afterlife Assurance, anyway. The assurance that death wouldn't us necessarily part! I like that!

And thank you, Diego, for the advice on the proposal. I hadn't even considered a song but it was right in front of my face! As for the old-fashioned rock on a ring violins thing, I'd feel corny doing it, but part of me wonders if that's what she'd want because she IS that old. But she's also really progressive and openminded (or we wouldn't be together). I'll play it by ear but I'm already getting ideas for a song. Thank you.

And I never had a paranormal experience before. But now I that I know you exist and therefore there must be something to it, I'll ask her what she thinks. If mortality is a delicate subject for us, we may as well hang it up now.

I sure hope I'm not just some kind of fling to her. *Deep breath*

Hey, thanks for the advice and encouragement. You sound like you've had a lot of life experience and...death experience? I'll keep your card and talk with her. And, this is an awkward question, but uh...can ghosts and the living do more than...talk? *blushing*

It's great to meet you and you've opened up a world of possibilities for me. And before you go, if I may ask, what's the oddest experience you've ever had on the job?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Raven: Actually, I was putting together an outfit for the Starlight Accolades for Judith Ward, a neighbor and friend of mine. While coming up with a few gowns for her to choose from, well um... I guess we'll just say her little Pomeranian tinkled on the train of one of them. She was more than happy to pay to cover the clean-up, and even then, that gown actually ended up being her favorite to wear to the show!

Have you ever given anyone your autograph?
    37mfj.png
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited February 2021
    Tadeo: Um, no. I'm not that well known an author.

Norrell (wry smile): You could answer the previous question about ghosts and the living though, couldn't you?

Tadeo: Wh-wh-wh-wha?! What do you mean?

Norrell: Don't play innocent. I walked in on you and Andromeda when you two were... (shudders) eugh! I can still picture it.

Tadeo: (goes extremely red and stays silent for a moment): First of all, you shouldn't eavesdrop on other people's conversations. Secondly, stop breaking into my house without me knowing!

Norrell: Trust me, I am never doing that again. When were you going to tell me you were sleeping in a c... c... one of those things?

Tadeo: I levelled up my vampire skills recently and it sort of came as a side effect. I didn't tell you about the coffin because I know how you feel about them.

Norrell: How did two of you even fit in there?!

Tadeo: I'm not discussing this any more.

Have you ever walked in on something and really wished you hadn't?
  • NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    Olivia: No, I... can't say I have.
    How are things going with your hometown? I certainly hope it's better than mine...
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
    Raven: Well, while I do live in Del Sol Valley currently, I did grow up in Newcrest. I haven't went back in some time, but from what I've heard and seen, things are going great! Many new places are coming up and around, and fresh new faces are moving in.

What is your favorite holiday?
    37mfj.png
    Olivia: ... Things are going well in your Newcrest? I'm happy to hear it... I'm certain it'll be the same in mine, one day.
    To answer your question, we don't celebrate holidays anymore. We don't have any reason to. My mother spoke so highly of Winterfest, though...
    Hm... same question. I'm curious about these "holidays" all over again.

• Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    April: If I do celebrate any holidays it'll be without my family since I was kicked out of the house just before I became a teenager.

What's that sound?
    Olivia: Oh, it's probably just the "zombies". Quotes because we're pretty sure they're not actually undead, just mutated to the Netherworld, but we don't have a better term for them.
    Let's see... Would you consider yourself particularly ambitious?

Dev (in Sims3): Yeah, I guess if I wasn't before, I am now. I had no idea when I started the music career that I'd be famous so quickly.
    At first, I was just really busy between my athletic goals and my music career ones.

YzSW1g6l.jpg
    fXsgD77l.jpg

But my fame and fortune increased, I bought some properties and my income increased enough that now I live in a penthouse. I'm also engaged,

54f8EPQl.jpg?1

and when I asked him if he would also be mine in eternity,

jQHBdHvl.jpg?1

...he said yes!
    8cWdjybl.jpg?1

so now we're looking at a gala evening wedding, and then a honeymoon trip to China.
    If I can just not mess everything up, that is. My old flame and I ran into each other, and it seems like we both had regrets for the might-have-beens. And now I don't know if this is cold feet, or the pre-wedding jitters, but I'm feeling torn up inside, wanting both of them.

But whatever else, if I don't put my music career in the front of my mind, it could all be gone tomorrow, so there will always be challenges, touring with the band half the year or more. So that has to stay my overall focus, and my ambition is to grow my career, go on tour with the band even to other countries, and increase my portfolio.

Where have you traveled, and how did you like it?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited February 2021
    Ikkanu: My friends took me to stay at a haunted house in Strangerville recently. It was awful! The house made strange noises, creepy objects appeared out of nowhere, there was a thunderstorm going on outside that did not look natural and there were weird things growing out of the toilets!
    The spectres were quite cute, they didn't bother me. What does bother me is that at around four 'o' clock the next day, I found myself half a mile away down the street and cannot remember how I got there. In fact, my memory is still fuzzy as to what happened after midnight. Whenever I ask my friends about it they seem to go suspiciously quiet. I have overheard them talking about 'botanical telepathy' and 'possession.' What does all that mean?!

Has anything bizarre happened to you recently?
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Illorie (1892) : My mother and father were both killed by a mysterious plate of tampered seafood. Now me and my husband must make our way to the Chateau left for us in Willowdale (Now Willow Creek).

Same question.
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Illorie (1892) : My mother and father were both killed by a mysterious plate of tampered seafood. Now me and my husband must make our way to the Chateau left for us in Willowdale (Now Willow Creek).

Same question.

Stela: Honestly, everything here is bizarre. Yellow-painted people acting like mimes? Machines people use to sing badly? People playing instruments in the middle of the street? San Myshuno is super weird!
    Where do you live, and what is it like there?

• BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2021
    Bruno: So, we just moved to San Myshuno, and it's like, really nice here! All the food, and clothes, and culture! They even have a Drama Club! The only problem is that the apartment's a bit small, and Alicia is always underfoot and annoying me.

Would you ever get a pet rodent?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    Ikkanu: Ewww! (Shudders) No! I don't like anything small and crawling or scuttling where I can't see it, and they bite, and I could catch something.

Have you spoken to any ghosts recently?
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Dominia: I spoke to my husband recently, so yes. He died in an accident related to a spaceship. What a shame that those berries somehow wound up in the ship...*evil giggling*.

Have you ever been the reason of a sim's death?
    Samphy: Well... I guess... it's a long story. Basically, I accidently burnt the house down, thanks to my blasted supercharge curse. That didn't actually hurt anyone though, we all got out safe and mum managed to put the fire out. But afterwards my sister was so mad at me, she stood outside and yelled at me for a good half hour and we were all so worked up about the fire that we didn't realise the sun had come out, and my sister's a vampire so...
    I know it was an accident but I blamed myself for nearly two years after and she stayed mad at me as a ghost for almost as long. Although we've made up now. She actually prefers being a ghost to being a vampire so weirdly it worked out better for both of us. We don't fight nearly as much as we used to.

Do you get on well with your siblings?
    Raven: I suppose that question would've been great for someone who does have siblings. Admittedly, I'm an only child. But, I could tell you about my friends! Tiara and I are like two peas in a pod. We do yoga together regularly or go jogging, grab lunch sometimes in San Myshuno, when we're of course not being distracted by the paparazzi. Chad is a good friend as well, but I don't get to see him as often. With another kid on the way and a daughter already to deal with between him and his wife Zoe, things can be a handful! Sometimes I'll see him on TV though if I click by any of the sports channels. Karli is such a delight too. She has such a knack for cooking the best things you could ever lay your lips upon! I've been trying to arrange a play date between my daughter and her son.

Do you like to get out more, or are you more of a homebody?
    37mfj.png
    edited March 2021
    Devin, from Sims3:

I've been going Stir Crazy from not leaving the house in so long! Bertram (he's the one in the current avi right there giving his famous look of disapproval) and I finally tied the knot, and I felt like I'd reached a deadpoint in my music career as a band manager, needed to pull back and focus on my music more, and other people's less. Since I now own several high-end rental buildings in Bridgeport, I'm not really dependent on that job anyway, so I quit.

Fast forward, Bertram really wanted to have a child, and though it's not possible for us to have one together, the closest thing we could come up with, was surrogacy. He figured if we each had a child with the same surrogate, they'd be our kids, and they'd be half-siblings. So he wanted me to go first.

It turned out to be twins. Delilah and Camelia are now toddlers. But in the meantime, it was his turn, and he fathered Belinda. So now we have twin toddlers and a baby girl, but Bertram apparently really wanted a son...so...he just fathered another child (let's not get into how...we're all still dealing with unforeseen relationship fallout from all this) with the surrogate, and he's hoping it will be a son, while maintaining that of course he'd love any child of ours even if it meant we were raising FOUR GIRLS.

This is actually taking a severe toll on our relationship, because somehow, I seem to be the one who notices first, anything that they need, and somehow I got sucked into the lion's share of the caregiving, despite him being the one who is so family-oriented.

Between the unending strain of that, and his development of a "thing" with the surrogate, who lives with us because we all agreed it would be in the best interest of the children, and thought we could all handle it...I'm not sure how well I'm handling it anymore.

The thing is, Bertram and Cordelia are the homebodies. They're both family-oriented neatniks and bookworms. I guess it makes sense they'd develop a thing...they have so much in common.

So I'm trying to figure this out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to just pack up and go to Egypt or something. Maybe France. I'd go back to China but the memories there, are of US, before we had this brilliant plan of going in together with a surrogate.

We really should have done it artificially and adopted at birth instead of this open arrangement but maybe this is just something it was good to find out about sooner, rather than later. Too bad it was after there were kids in the picture. I just had no idea it would fall so much in my lap. Toddlers are hard, and twin toddlers are harder. I love them, but I can't help but panic thinking about two more toddlers added to this.

Can anyone else relate to loving their kids but feeling like part of them wants to run away?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited March 2021
    Sierra: Sort of. I adopted Joelle fairly late in life, and I love her with all my heart, but I realized I probably wouldn't live to see her become a teen, let alone an adult, and I couldn't leave her on her own. My best friend Afu, thankfully, expects the end of his life to take a lot longer thanks to his occult status, and he was too good for that mean wife of his anyway, so I talked him into moving in with me and Joelle. But as much as I love them both, Joelle's mood swings are a lot to deal with and Afu is a freegan who refuses to get a job, and I just can't help thinking of all the things I didn't get to experience because I was too busy taking odd jobs just to make ends meet enough to have a child...
    Do you want to be in a romantic relationship- or if you are, are you happy in it? As a Single and Lovin' It, can't relate...

Raven: I've been happily married to Johnny for easily a couple years now, and I couldn't be more smitten and happy! I met him in Oasis Springs at one of the local bars, and we just hit it off right away with complete ease... It's a lot to skip over, but currently we live in Del Sol Valley with our lovely daughter and a few furry friends inside! I would not trade it for the world.

What is your lowest Skill?
    37mfj.png
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sona: Any skill with only 5 levels present (Bowling, Dancing, Juice Fizzing, Media Production, Medium, Pet Training, Photography, Selvadoradian Culture).

Your hightest skill?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    Rhydia: Handiness

Tadeo: Writing

Norrell and Leoni (singing in chorus): Mischieeeef!

Kio: Cooking and Vampire Lore.

Samphy: Spells and potions are my best thing.

Ikkanu: Gardening. Um, how did we all end up in this room together?

Have you learned any new skills recently?
    Stela: When I went to Humor and Hijinks for the first time, I became enamored with comedy. I've been working on it so much that I don't have time for many other skills.
    What do you love most about the world?

edited March 2021
    Kio: That there's so much life in it! So many
    different colourful plants and animals and people. This probably sounds a bit weird coming from a member of the undead but I really do have an appreciation for life and how delicate it can be. I just want to nurture that life and watch it bloom and be happy.
    Oh, and clouds. I love clouds too. And cake! How could I forget cake?!

That's a great question so, if it's okay, I'd really like to ask that question again.
    What do you love most about the world?