Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play completely vanilla? (PC/MAC Players)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    louisjaiilouisjaii Posts: 3 New Member
    Yussss I love vanilla sims especially for my generations save game, I like to keep it as realistic as possible but also as "sims" as possible if that makes sense. However in my few saves that I have for fun with funny characters etc I do like to install some funny mods lmao but I do not use them in other saves.

I have also never really used CC but my friend is always sending me CC to download and use LOL
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I don't think I could play vanilla. I try to limit the use of mods to those things that really bother me. I used a lot of cc in sims 1 and 2 but ever since sims 4 I don't need it. I think the game offers enough variety in terms of looks. So only some mods for me.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    No, I've had mods and cc as long as I can remember, but I think probably quite alot less than most mod/cc'ers.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    That thought never crossed my mind
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I've always played vanilla. I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot, but I just like the authentic feel of it. Sometimes I'll download a mod or two for some more control but that's about it
    original.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Never used any CC or mods (in fact I didn't know what they were until I joined this forum). I quite enjoy the random things that happen in the game as it sometimes makes for good comedy screenshots. I like playing in a wacky, cartoony, fantastical world and have no desire to make anything more realistic.
    I also like the challenge of using what's available to create things in my imagination. Am not particularly good at building (my houses built from scratch tend to look like stacks of decorated boxes) but it's still fun.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have had the game since 2014, have all the packs snd use no CC and not mods.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    My game is heavily modded. The only mods that I find essential are MCCommand and UI cheats. Normally those are updated within a day or two, their creators are very active. Any others I can play without until they are updated. I have used mods since Sims 2 days so am very used to the update process, it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It really depends on my mood on any given day. I am a save- fileoholic and some of them are cc free so depending on my mood, I'll disable mods and play one of them or enable and play one that uses cc.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't play completely vanilla on my game. I have the Zombie mod on my game, which was really fun when I played it.
    I also have a Harry Potter based CC, which I really enjoy as well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I only play vanilla & I have different Time Eras in my Game Saves.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I play on pc and vanilla gameplay
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2021
    I dont use CC or mods but mainly coz I cant work out how to do it! (Im a technophobe!). Although TBH it seems like a pain to have them interfere with updates, plus I like to upload builds and dont think its fair to do that with CC in.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Nah, for a game that boasts that you can "play as god", you're really limited in what you can do.
    I use mods to remove some limitations and to expand my creative play.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I have only ever played sims 4 vanilla mainly because back in the sims 3 days I used to get so frustrated with updating mods or going on cc hunts that I just gave up on it when sims 4 came out and I’ve still had fun playing completely vanilla.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    TangySimSauceTangySimSauce Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the Sims vanilla is the way it was meant to be played. I play with long life spans and the only thing I use are simple visual mods to keep things modern.

Also, hi, I’m TangySimSauce. This is my first post lol

One of the ways the game stays fun for me is by playing it how I imagine a reality tv show director would direct the drama on a show. I added a half brother in my game who hates my main protagonist ever since he got famous. He wants the money my sim has but all he has is the fame, only by being related to his celebrity half-brother. I used a cheat to make that mortal enemy relationship and immediate celebrity status possible... but that’s just for storytelling.

And then I kind of send him on a mission to sabotage my protagonist and his “perfect life” and watch that unfold in tons of super entertaining ways.

I think the game provides a lot of those storytelling moments at random, but sometimes as the “director” I think the moments I add are a bit more tv-worthy so to speak, and I’m ok with modifying the game to make those happen.

I don’t like playing with script mods or cc because I treat the game world as its own economy. What’s available is what I have to work with, etc.

I don’t play with money cheats because if you’re starting a lineage you need that juicy beginning full of mistakes and big bills and struggling and I just love that.

Mods and CC would be fun if I was playing differently, but I play purely for Sim storytelling, not necessarily to try and mirror real life. :D
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I do.

—T
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    cchant86 wrote: »
    After suffering for years with needing multiple mods just to get Sims 3 to be stable, Sims 4 was such a relief that I didn't need anything to play smoothly.

I recently used the Sulani announcements mod for a little while (because I didn't realize I was missing out on all the island celebrations before then), but that has been the only one and I've since stopped using it because I don't need it anymore.

Otherwise, I play vanilla by choice, but I am always tempted by MCCC because I loved using it in Sims 3.

What island celebrations??

—T
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Vanilla gameplay since day 1 of playing.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yeah mods all the way. I have at least 10-15 mods that I must have otherwise the game just isn’t enjoyable. The rest is all cc. Vanilla is too boring for me.

Updating all of my mods is annoying after a patch day though which is partly why I rarely play this game. It’s just too bare. This is the only sims game where I’ve needed literally 10-15 mods to make the game enjoyable. If this continues with ts5 I probably won’t even bother getting it. It’s too stressful and a game should be fun.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I started playing the Sims with Sims 1. I have never had mods or CC. I've thought about it, sure, but it looks like too much trouble keeping thing updated. Plus I'm paranoid and don't want to download something that would mess up my computer or my game.

I truly enjoy the challenge of playing and building without mods or CC. I love working with what I have within the limits of "normal" play. I don't own all the packs yet, either. I'm still exploring the ones I have.

I also like the idea that I can put something up on the gallery and not worry about whether or not they can use my builds, assuming they have the same packs.