Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do more Simmers who want Better Babies play on Long Life/aging off?

So with all the talk/demands for better babies, I'm curious to see what the distribution is of people who want better babies and how they play.

I also broke "better Babies" down to two different levels: Cosmetic only (changing what object they're attached to, changing their appearance in CAS) and "More Gameplay Actions" (Teaching, washing, playing as, etc.) Presumably, if you want more gameplay actions, you also want cosmetic changes.

Do more Simmers who want Better Babies play on Long Life/aging off? 161 votes

I want More things to do with Babies and I play on Long Life/Aging off/Custom Lifespans
42% 69 votes
I want More things to do with babies and I play on Short/Normal lifespan
15% 25 votes
I want only cosmetic changes to Babies and I play on Long Life/Aging off/Custom Lifespans
1% 2 votes
I want only cosmetic changes to Babies and I play on Short/Normal Lifespan
2% 4 votes
I'm happy with Babies as they are, and I play on Long Life/Ageing Off/Custom Lifespans
22% 36 votes
I'm happy with Babies as they are, and I play on Short/Normal lifespan
9% 15 votes
Other
6% 10 votes

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play on the longest life setting and I would love more things to do with babies. Family play is my main play style and I want babies to be real and feel more like they are a part of the family. I want them to be able to move around the house. Be placed in different places with activity mats, swing chairs or something similar. I want sims to be able to carry them, sit with them or even rock them to sleep. I want changing tables for them just to add a bit of realism. Baby baths or at least bathing them in a sink. I just want them to be and feel like real babies.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited February 2021
    I play aging off

I would like to have :
    1. more interactions to do with babies

2. cute nursery furniture
    (say having mermaid themed cribs for example)

3. gameplay objects to use with babies for fun and social need (say strollers for example which yes should also be available for toddlers)

4. just way to get the baby out of the crib and change crib whenever i like to match rest of the nursery if i get more kids than i bargain for

5.maybe possibility to see babies needs to make role of mighty watcher easier but i doubt i will get that so rip

what i don't want however

1. lifestage between baby and toddler... don't see point of that

2. some overboard things that force perfectionist players to keep their babies as babies for longer than they want like say baby aspirations or something as ridiculous toddlers are enough grind
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I personally do not really care about babies too much. Their object nature is a little weird in my opinion, and feels off, but I do not expect a lot of gameplay for such a short and dependent life phase. So, improvements or no, I would be fine either way. Granted this assumes that the improvements do not make babies even more annoying than previously.

I play with aging off, by the way. I like to age my sims up when I choose.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited February 2021
    I auto age all my Sims, played and unplayed, give them full autonomy and a long life for all. You've got to give them all a chance. I even let them fill my empty houses after giving them a once over and they pass inspection. I still remove all the pre-made ones though first.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I play with aging off and more interactions would be good but mostly I'd like to be able to take the baby with me if the sim visits another lot or just take it for a stroll round the neighbourhood. Changing their appearance in CAS and also that of the cot would be nice, but also more gameplay interactions are needed. Baby play mat, baby swing, baby's first tooth milestone, cook baby pureed food (we can cook for the pets, why not for the babies?), play with a rattle, wash baby not just change the diaper, smart milk so they learn skills faster when they are toddlers.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I typically play Aging on, Short lifespan; or, I play Aging on, Normal lifespan. I want to see more to do with babies for everyone else but really could care less personally. I'm a family player, but I'm fine with babies the way they currently are anyway. That's probably strange. I hadn't thought about it but its like cars. I just don't personally have an investment in anything being added in their direction at present.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,293 Member
    edited February 2021
    Long player here.

I would LOVE for babies to be detached from their prison-bassinet. There was a playmat and a highchair that baby could be placed in that allowed for the infant to play, available in the Sims 2 Store. The highchair/play chair was good for the attending Sim to be able to fix a meal. Babies do need to be bathed. It was fun to watch a Sim hold the newly fed infant above their head and for baby to spit-up all over said Sim. Bathing them in the sink was also fun, plus it promoted a growth in relationship between the attending Sim and the baby.

If another life stage is considered, it should be the Infant stage, where a baby learns how to sit up and crawl. Also, they should have a walker to place them in wherein the baby can scoot around the room, too. If not included, we don't need such a life-stage. What we have now is a never-ending newborn stage.

Babies should be babies, again and not an object as they are now. They may have several interactions, but they aren't a smooth transition. You shouldn't have to place the baby back into the bassinet, just to remove them again for the next interaction. Face/palm. Please untether the child.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play with aging set to normal, but modified with MCCC. I wanted aging set between normal and long. I also am indifferent to if the baby stage is changed.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I play with normal aging and a "functional childhood" (meet goals, age up toddler to child, meet next set of goals, age up child to teen, meet last set of goals, adulthood time!) mindset toward sim families.

I like having the baby safely in one place for parents to grind parenting skill and relationship on it for three days. No real use for "freed babies."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2021
    I alternate between aging on long and off. I like to enjoy the baby, toddler, and elder stages the long lifespan. Sims 4 babies are just Sims 1 babies which I don't understand and tend to conflict with the modern and inclusive direction Gurus are going for. There is extremely limited skin tones with babies and genetics with them have already bugged out through several patches so far. Bugged out babies need to go and updated with a real life stage. I mean there was a time when babies would burn because of being coded as an object. But I have had fun abusing that object coding with move objects on cheat with some fun screenshots. So if Sims 4 direction is encouraging abuse of babies it isn't far off of from the eat babies mod in my opinion. They have already been cooked with fire. I have playtested babies and they simply are coded poorly which makes sense after the rush of Olympus.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm not sure what to pick as I switch between normal and long aging. Mostly want cosmetic changes to babies/not into to fuss about them.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I age my babies the moment they are born. I play in normal lifespan and i find the 7 toddler days perfect. I'm able to reach level 5 in all skills and make best friends with all members of big families, play and have fun with my toddlers (if i decide to have such a healthy infancy :) )

I don't need to play for more time in the toddler stage and i def don't need another stage in the first years. I will problaby age babies up anyway.

But... i do want the baby revolution to happen for all the people that wants it. Like i said before, it won't change my game.

As a reflexion, and considering the answers before me, it does look that players that use smaller lifespans are kind of indifferent while long lifestage players do care more for a revamped baby stage...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

As a reflexion, and considering the answers before me, it does look that players that use smaller lifespans are kind of indifferent while long lifestage players do care more for a revamped baby stage...

Yep, which is roughly the response I was expecting, but it's nice to get it confirmed.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    I've long wished with sims 2 and sims 4 that one could sit down while holding baby.
    gen3-banner.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I play aging off most of the time so I would like better babies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I play custom aging/aging off and age my sims when I feel like it or what works best with the save I'm playing.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    edited February 2021
    Sims Freeplay does have the best babies in the Sims franchise too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJx7dCdOI8
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have my game set for long lifespan, but I have aging off most of the time. I would love for them to revamp babies....been waiting since toddlers for that. I want to be able to have nursery furniture that can be used, a crib, a useful changing table. Clothes for babies, some clutter items like a dipaper pail, some bottles of lotion, baby oil, baby bath soap baby wipes, baby bottle to sit on a table, end table, coffee table, counter or dresser, and baby food jars for counter. A new dresser to match the new crib.
    Other useful items I’d like that babies can interact with are, a blanket that can be put on the floor or couch to lay the baby on, a bouncer, a walker, a blanked with toy above, a snuggly for parents to wear and put baby in, a stroller and a baby buggy. Please let us take babies with us when we shop or vacation. It would be nice if baby could learn to turn over. I want to be able to carry the baby around like a real sim.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm really not surprised that long life spans want more to do with babies. On normal, it's 3 days and easy to ignore and age up. Longer though... it absolutely makes sense that the baby would get boring when they're tied to their bassinets like that.

Personally, I'm not too fussed, but I play on normal. If they did anything to make the babies more interesting though I'd play with them more for sure.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2021
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, this is exactly what I'd like for Sims 4. Babies in Freeplay used to be more like our current babies until they were updated. Now they can be carried, allowed to crawl, play on playmats, use changing tables, etc. While there is only one lifestage, depending on what you do with them, it can feel like the baby is getting older as you choose to do more things.

The only additional thing I would want is some interaction between the babies and toddlers. Freeplay omitted that.

I play with aging off.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have aging off and I would love a baby update on one hand because I think it would be the most adorable thing ever. And Because I was always dissapointed toddler couldn't crawl or drink from bottles or other cool baby stuff because they are bigger.

But at the same time I wouldn't be dissapointed if they never got updated because I'm all about the teens and kids. I use adults for supervision and money makers only. I have one elder. Two toddlers just because they're so cute and I love dressing them lol
    But the rest are teens and kids trying to survive the apocalypse and raise themselves lol. My stories always comes back to that😆 hard to fit babies and toddlers in there.

Once they update them (cause I'm 99% sure they will) I will definitely add one to the family though! Maybe make the teens struggle to raise one they saved during the apocalypse 😈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Scobre honestly those freeplay babies are next level. I really hope we get something like that even though I'm not a baby player. 😆😆😆 I would definitely play with them if they were that amazing.
    And I want a stroller so bad ugh. Would be amazing for family outings.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,293 Member
    @Scobre Thanks for sharing that video. I would love to see these kinds of innovations for our babies, and for the Toddlers, too. Loved the fact she could skip. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    telemwill wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, this is exactly what I'd like for Sims 4. Babies in Freeplay used to be more like our current babies until they were updated. Now they can be carried, allowed to crawl, play on playmats, use changing tables, etc. While there is only one lifestage, depending on what you do with them, it can feel like the baby is getting older as you choose to do more things.

The only additional thing I would want is some interaction between the babies and toddlers. Freeplay omitted that.

I play with aging off.
    That would be amazing to see interaction between them. It would be cute to see more between pets and children of all ages too.
  • I'm not overly interested in babies and toddlers, but I don't like to feel rushed because I like to max out the toddlers' skills. So I have ageing off and age them up with the birthday candles as soon as I'm ready (or if I just get sick of it lol).