Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    @Allinxter_910

No offense bud, but actually it does, it says it wasn't a general problem of the page that day. Sad to hear it doesn't work for you, but don't take your frustration out on me, especially not when my post was over a month ago. Better try @Neia as the mod author so she might look into it.

Some problems don't need to occur every single time in order to be a general problem. The problem with Neia's career tool has been persisting for quite some time.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Hey, all! Based on Scarlet's relook at the game code and some work by testers, I've updated my advice on custom careers, including those built with @Neia's tool:

rabbithole careers: updated advice. I've removed these from the Broken Mods list. Initially, it was assumed by those of us tracking at Deaderpool's server and looking at initial code, that broken rabbithole code affected careers. So far, however, the only actual reports of breakage are unconfirmed in testing. Neia has not reported in that her tool does need updating. That said, until career creators confirm their mods working, use at your own risk.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Hey, all! Based on Scarlet's relook at the game code and some work by testers, I've updated my advice on custom careers, including those built with @Neia's tool:

Thank you for the information over here! :smiley:
  • x_anjuta_xx_anjuta_x Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Penny25090 said:
    > > @fabricii7 said:
    > > hello all, I've made a couple of careers but for some reason the texts in game don't appear. Everything else works. Anyone knows a fix for this?
    >
    > Hi I'm having the same problem. What could I be doing wrong?

Hi everyone! I also can't seem to get the description texts to show up in-game when creating a career with Neias Creat-A-Career Beta. This is my first time doing this, so I thought I'm doing something wrong. But after countless attempts and following the tutorial step by step, I'm out of ideas (and also feel a bit disappointed now having spent quite some time writing out the career).
    Has anyone tried creating a career post mid-August (I see first reports about this issue appear then) and got it to work? Does anyone know what might be the issue?
    Thank you so much in advance.
    Oh I think I figured it out after all: I checked the downloaded files (text string files) in S4S to find out that my description texts were nowhere included. So the problem was not the processing in game. After changing one of the texts which might have included a special character and redownloading the files, everything showed up as expected. Either this was the issue, or I was too hasty downloading the files.
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to modify the files generated with the Create-A-Career tool to add in object career awards.

I was trying to edit the generated "reward tuning" data.
    To do so, I looked up how this is ususally done in the game code for an existing career and added the following code below (starting from "!NEW Bike"), accordingly.

However, the added paragraph is ignored when the notification shows up in game. (I also tried this with the object originally used in the example career, and this doesn't work either).

I can however add in a second money award intance and it will show up in game as expected.

I'm totally new to modding - Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way to make this work?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <I c="SimReward" i="reward" m="rewards.reward" n="reward_Career_CatWhisperer_CatWhisperer_Level_3" s="9371283228480810783">
    <T p="InGame\UI\Icons\Headlines\Final\headline_careerpromotion.png" n="icon">2f7d0004:00000000:85F2BBD3264C91BC</T>
    <T n="name">0x249ef1d1</T>
    <V t="enabled" n="reward_description">
    <T n="enabled">0xd854716b</T>
    </V>
    <L n="rewards">
    <V t="specific_reward">
    <V n="specific_reward" t="money">
    <U n="money">
    <V n="money" t="literal">
    <U n="literal">
    <T n="value">200</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </U>
    </V>
    </V>
    <!--NEW Bike-->
    <V t="specific_reward">
    <V n="specific_reward" t="build_buy_object">
    <U n="build_buy_object">
    <T n="object_definition">217639</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </V>
    <!--NEW End-->
    </L>
    </I>
    Figured it out!! I'm so happy. The random reward instance was missing (as far as I understand it's there for the randomization of the colour switches of the object... Silly me thought I could ignore it if I don't want to randomize).

So for anyone who might be interested - code below worked for me (and the bike even shows up in the inventory!)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <I c="SimReward" i="reward" m="rewards.reward" n="reward_Career_CatWhisperer_CatWhisperer_Level_3" s="9371283228480810783">
    <T p="InGame\UI\Icons\Headlines\Final\headline_careerpromotion.png" n="icon">2f7d0004:00000000:85F2BBD3264C91BC</T>
    <T n="name">0x249ef1d1</T>
    <V t="enabled" n="reward_description">
    <T n="enabled">0xd854716b</T>
    </V>

<L n="rewards">
    <V t="specific_reward">
    <V n="specific_reward" t="money">
    <U n="money">
    <V n="money" t="literal">
    <U n="literal">
    <T n="value">200</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </U>
    </V>
    </V>
    <V t="random_reward">
    <L n="random_reward">
    <U>
    <V n="reward" t="object_definition">
    <U n="object_definition">
    <T n="definition">217639</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </U>
    </L>
    </V>
    <V t="specific_reward">
    <V n="specific_reward" t="build_buy_object">
    <U n="build_buy_object">
    <T n="object_definition">217639</T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </V>
    </L>

</I>
  • SakineSakine Posts: 1 New Member
    I updated my career when the patch was available, but now two people have said they are having problems having their sims go to work. Does anyone have any incite on what might cause this? I tried it out myself too and even if you click Go To Work, they don't do anything. I want to fix it, but don't know what needs to be fixed.
  • SibunaForeverSibunaForever Posts: 1 New Member
    If anyone figures out the not going to work issue, please say something. I have careers from the same zip where one works, and the other one doesn't. And I can't figure out the difference. I tried to remake it using the site and still had the same problem.
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    So, I've never done any kind of coding before, so when I tried to make this career, everything was fine until I tried making the script file. Can anyone give me any help on using Python? I've tried looking at tutorials and nothing helps. Also, is it normal in the website for all the "Start" time boxes being set to "127"? because mine are and it's slightly off putting. Thanks :D
  • bias1992bias1992 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everybody My career works but I can't get the PTO option to work any tips thanks.
  • Kistenkatze89Kistenkatze89 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Unfortunately, the problem persists. I can't even delete the career, it gives me an internal server error and afterwards the site loads forever. I am really sad, I would have liked to finish the career :(
    >
    > Edit - several minutes later:
    > Now the site doesn't load anymore at all for me, creating a new career doesn't work at all anymore like yesterday. When it works, it creates an unnamed main track and you can't go edit and name it (blank page).
    >
    > I even tried several different browsers and deleted my Cache and Cookies in case it's me. But it's not me, there is something buggy going on there. I even tried creating a new account in case it's my account that's bugged. But that didn't work either.
    >
    > I will have to wait until the problem is fixed.

Same here... Still...
    Could you fix it @Dakota88 ?
    Can anybody tell me, how to fix it?
  • antebellum13antebellum13 Posts: 183 Member
    Minx11 wrote: »
    So, I've never done any kind of coding before, so when I tried to make this career, everything was fine until I tried making the script file. Can anyone give me any help on using Python? I've tried looking at tutorials and nothing helps. Also, is it normal in the website for all the "Start" time boxes being set to "127"? because mine are and it's slightly off putting. Thanks :D

It needs to be in 24 hour format or it will revert to 127, which shows up as 11PM in game. So for 24 hour format, if you want them to start at 9AM you put 9. If you want them to start at 9PM you put 21. (For those of us who don't do 24 hour format, if your start time is AFTER 12 PM, just add that number to 12. So 1pm would be 12 + 1 for 13.) Hope that helps!
  • VioluaViolua Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Kistenkatze89 said:
    > > @Dakota88 said:
    > > Unfortunately, the problem persists. I can't even delete the career, it gives me an internal server error and afterwards the site loads forever. I am really sad, I would have liked to finish the career :(
    > >
    > > Edit - several minutes later:
    > > Now the site doesn't load anymore at all for me, creating a new career doesn't work at all anymore like yesterday. When it works, it creates an unnamed main track and you can't go edit and name it (blank page).
    > >
    > > I even tried several different browsers and deleted my Cache and Cookies in case it's me. But it's not me, there is something buggy going on there. I even tried creating a new account in case it's my account that's bugged. But that didn't work either.
    > >
    > > I will have to wait until the problem is fixed.
    >
    >
    >
    > Same here... Still...
    > Could you fix it @Dakota88 ?
    > Can anybody tell me, how to fix it?
    >
    >

Absolutely the same problem. Does anybody know what can I do? Cannot find how to fix it
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    A bunch of my custom careers aren't working correctly since the last patch. I hope someone comes up with a solution.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • yrandsiyrandsi Posts: 1 New Member
    hola! no se si alguien me puede ayudar. Es la primera vez que hago una carrera. Todo ha ido bien hasta que he querido exportar. No aparece la opción de descarga nunca. llevo mas de 3 horas esperando y no carga. he probado a intentar un proyecto menor y estos exportan automáticamente. Como puedo exportar la carrera entonces? gracias
  • ZempoZempo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, creating my first career. Acting skill level 6 seems to be missing.
  • georgiahendo00georgiahendo00 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, just made this account so hope i'm posting to the right place. I've created a career on the website, but I didn't realise i couldn't download s3pe on my mac! :( Will anyone be able to do this part for me if I send them the files? Thanks in advance!
  • ChemshawChemshaw Posts: 1 New Member
    i have but 3 questions lol
    1)anyone know a good tutorial for create-a-Career? im pretty new at this.
    2) a good link for an update vers. of s4pe? the one was looking at looked sketchy.
    3)current python link.
    Thanks! ChemShaw
  • AlecCastielSimsAlecCastielSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I forgot my password. What do I do?
  • LuciferVArtistLuciferVArtist Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Zempo said:
    > Hi, creating my first career. Acting skill level 6 seems to be missing.

I tried to mention this to the creator like 2 yearso ago with no luck. I just skip the level. Its been updated twice maybe three times and that hasn't been fixed.
  • NiobeSNiobeS Posts: 3 New Member
    > @creeper321448 said:
    > There's a glitch with the tool where one of my branches in my career duplicated itself three times. I can't just delete the other branches, as when I edit one it affects all the other branches of the same name so deleting one will delete them all. None of the other named branches in my career have this issue but one does and it's screwing up everything, even in game it messes up the photos and icons for each branch of the career.

I tried right now and the same thing is happened here.
  • NiobeSNiobeS Posts: 3 New Member
    > @NiobeS said:
    > > @creeper321448 said:
    > > There's a glitch with the tool where one of my branches in my career duplicated itself three times. I can't just delete the other branches, as when I edit one it affects all the other branches of the same name so deleting one will delete them all. None of the other named branches in my career have this issue but one does and it's screwing up everything, even in game it messes up the photos and icons for each branch of the career.
    >
    > I tried right now and the same thing is happened here.

*is happening
    Sorry, there is no edit button.
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Chemshaw wrote: »
    i have but 3 questions lol
    1)anyone know a good tutorial for create-a-Career? im pretty new at this.
    2) a good link for an update vers. of s4pe? the one was looking at looked sketchy.
    3)current python link.
    Thanks! ChemShaw

https://modthesims.info/t/611227 the links and instructions are all there :)
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    Hi guys, just made this account so hope i'm posting to the right place. I've created a career on the website, but I didn't realise i couldn't download s3pe on my mac! :( Will anyone be able to do this part for me if I send them the files? Thanks in advance!

Do you mean s4pe? Just to clarify, because this is a TS4 career tool. Probably a typo ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top