Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @emorrill wild horses are a nice addition to the game - most of the time. The horses in Oasis Landing were probably the best though. I suppose they had plenty of time to get them right as it was the final Expansion.

We have wild horses here too. We call them Brumbies. Apparently the person who first let his horses go was named Brumby or something similar. They cause a lot of damage to the environment as they live in very sensitive alpine regions on Mt Kosciuszko. It is the highest mountain in Australia. Recently it was decided to cull them all. This is very sad but I can see their point as so many native animals in the area are going extinct due to the activities of the horses. Some of the local landowners are trying to rescue as many of them as they can by catching the horses. Most of the horses are apparently quite easily trained and are being then sold to good homes as riding horses.

I used to ride a little myself in my youth. One of my uncles owned a small cattle station (ranch) and when I visited my cousin used to take me riding. I'd already learned to ride when I was very small but didn't ever have a chance to get much experience. For several years my art was mostly drawings and paintings of horses.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2021
    @emorrill
    Unfortunately, I can't go to disks as my lovely gaming computer
    doesn't have a disk drive.

http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=16474.0
    Here's one of the masks for you.

http://kijiko-catfood.com/half-mask-accessory/

http://www.mediafire.com/file/72u71go7k0m6ggu/%5BShaTsai%5DMasks-Male.rar/file
    and here's the male masks

What does your launcher say?

Mine says 1.69.43.024017
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Well, thankfully the save I was having problems with looks OK, it hasn’t “disappeared” in the save menu like the Moonlight Falls save did that time. It’s my Sunset Valley/fairy save... and the mum, Amber, had recently had FOUR BABIES. Yep, QUADS. Apparently they do happen sometimes in Sims 3, if you have the unmentionable NRAAS mod. She already had one girl too... and the quads were three girls and one boy! I feel kinda sorry for the only boy :D:D I’m not actually playing with that save though, I’m playing with the Jennings family in Monte Vista.
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Back in my game for now.....Does anyone else have wicked bright green trees?
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Linda: I'm heading to my lab to get started with the Llama Pox.
    Ryan: I appreciate you doing this, just be careful.I don't want that
    thing mutating on you.
    Linda: You don't have to worry, I'll be okay.
    Ryan: So you said many times.
    Linda: Oh you know me too well.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Linda: But I swear, I will take safety measures.
    Ryan: I hope so, I really don't want you sick.
    Linda: I don't want it either.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Ryan addresses the nation on the Llama pox outbreak, asking all
    sims to follow mask mandates and to sanitize and clean frequently.
    Linda headed to the lab to start working on a cure or vaccine.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Linda: please don't mutate and infect me....please don't..

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Tiffany: Are you sure its a good idea to put HER in charge of finding a cure, Mr.President?
    How many times has she almost gotten you killed?
    Ryan: That's my fiance you're talking about, one more insult and you can just go.
    Tiffany: Touchy...

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Tiffany: How does she do that to him?
    Agent Peter: Its a lady thing, you wouldn't understand.
    Tiffany: You know, its so wrong for you to make a joke right now.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    JAGS3_Punchout.png

Chapter Eight - Dawning Realizations

It was at about one month hence in their abandonment by the US Navy, that they came to the definitive realization that rescue wasn't coming and that most likely they would be spending the rest of their lives on that island no matter how long or short that time may be. And they realized that they would have to figure out how they were going to make this island their home...and that they and their descendants would survive on this desolate island for years to come. Until then they had looked on to the horizon with the hope that they would see a US Navy destroyer or an aircraft carrier in the distance or even better an amphibious unit in dinghies heading straight for their island. But each passing month diminished that hope and now...they were resigned if not inspired to make a life for themselves.
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Screenshot-21_censored.jpg
    ...and in any case...it was going to be hard to go back to being squadron commander and subordinate in any sense of the word, considering how much they knew of each other. In fact, it could be said that they were closer to each other now than they ever were as an F-14 Tomcat crew. And they also didn't want to be the subject of a JAGMan investigation considering their actions would be considered as "conduct unbecoming".
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    There were plenty of things to do at any rate to make survival possible. Daily milking of the cows, feeding the chickens and collecting the milk and eggs. And of course, there were baby chicks to cuddle and take care of so that the chickens would continue to pass on their generational task of laying eggs for consumption as well as continued proliferation of their kind. Penning the bull up in the same pen as the dairy cattle proved to be a rather eye-opening experience. However...the bull was probably just as petrified of the circumstances as the rest of the cows after nearly drowning and being dragged on land to dry out, so he pretty much behaved himself. And well, if a couple of cows got pregnant, well, that would just mean more milk in the end.
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Animal, having a green thumb, spent time in the garden, which was relaxing and tended the crops, picking out the weeds and making sure that the garden was watered. Then after that task was finished, he'd head down to the beach, pull out the ol' rod and reel and fish for their dinner.
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    There was a distinct lack of seating in the place that they had constructed...and that was a situation that needed to be rectified, so Animal went ahead and constructed an adhoc table and chairs from jetsam.
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    And since it appeared as though they were permanently marooned on this island, it was in their best interests to increase their knowledge of survival skills. Tosh decided to, once the books that were in the crate had dried out and to his relief, the print was still legible, he went ahead and started reading up on cooking.
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    ...and to Leah's ever-lasting pleasure, he also constructed a nice little easel out of the rest of the jetsam that had accumulated on the beach so that she could try her hand at painting. Where she got the paint colors was by crushing berries and fruits as well as leaves and flowers. It was a long and arduous process, but it killed time...and time was what they had plenty of.
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    "You know...this isn't so bad..." Animal said at breakfast. "We've kind of made ourselves a cozy little place which allows us to have shelter from the elements and we have some what of a bed, kitchen table and chairs...and fortune gave us a fridge and stove."
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Leah looked at him, "I think I'm starting to get used to the fact now that we're going to be here for the rest of our lives. And having this easel really makes the time go by." She continued eating her goopy carbonara which they had made by grinding the coffee beans into flour and using that to make the pasta noodles. Of course it kept them wired as hell and that meant that they would end up awake all night; but of course, there were other ways to pass the time during a bout of coffee-pasta induced insomnia.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited February 2021
    112 The Watcher Watches: <3 Alfie <3

What we know about mysterious Alfie:
    1) He was in town when I was trying to find someone for Ethereal, but I thought it was a glitch, so avoided.
    2) He was 'invitable' to Victors bachelor party, again I thought it was a glitch.
    3) He somehow knows Max and Faelie, being best friends already.
    4) He also has written the same book as Max "RoboKraken aus dem Hyperaum" as well as
    "Into the Rocktagon", "Kiwi's of peace'', and "who ate all my cheese" I hope AlexaKry can verify the first 2 books! as I think those titles are hers! :)

I wake up Alfie to go purchase the books. He looks at the light from buy debug!
    3M1GF5L.jpg
    and contemplates it, then looks at me! lol He is Great!
    "I see that light, Watcher." Alfie tells me, wanting me to know he is aware of his reality.
    MG2kIAP.jpg

I know the Devs said the sims are aware of their reality, and can really 'see' but Alfie is my first to see something not seen in the game 'live mode', and then look over at me to let me know he sees it!
    This is really fun! I notice since he has been out on his own, homeless, he comes to us without any simoleans, (Max had +7 mil) but does have the backback full of goodies that Max did.

Alfie heads to speak with Quigley and after a bit Faelie comes to join the conversation.
    "Mom! pay attention to what I'm talking about" says Quigley
    evEyPEy.jpg
    "You look so familiar Faelie" Says Alfie
    "I was just going to mention the same thing." Faelie says
    zKNKOrF.jpg
    It must be Erie to them as well as for Watcher!
    nh2KKx6.jpg

"Son, does Alfie seem familiar to you?"
    hfminLD.jpg
    "No, just the usual friend relationship that all household members have." says Quigley
    MnmuJBZ.jpg
    "We should make him some sushi!"
    53oY9be.jpg
    2YWAGJZ.jpg
    tYjXxed.jpg

Fern gets notice that she and Quigley are Faithful having their relationship @ 12 days.
    P9hgUvX.jpg
    Faelie is catching up t Max at 12 days to his 13. I hope by tomorrow they can progress together! In reality the have been together 30 days. Victor and Oakley are at 8 days. The glitchy lying stats says Victor has cheated twice. It makes me so mad when the stats glitch and lie! :#
    And Alfie has 13 days, same as Max, but there is no person stated that he is attached to! :o We need to find him someone special! I give him clean slate, now no stat glitch for Alfie!

Alfie's boss, Teddy, is one of his best friends! I wonder how? I get notice of Teddy, that he thinks Oakley is cute.
    You better not let Victor know about that, Teddy!
    p1KYtpX.jpg

The firemen arrive early to catch some Zz's
    IerYFP0.jpg
    Oh so now Everyone wants to be a fireman?
    NO!
    Get out of here Larry, Youngman and Oberon!
    ZV3giGl.jpg
    And we let the Real firemen stay: Adan
    0sQqDwd.jpg
    Vlad
    ZhQD2XB.jpg
    And Teddy
    GdqnCxK.jpg
    yzZcVKu.jpg

Back home:
    MzoMvsw.jpg
    sIo9nbV.jpg
    n7rcmHC.jpg
    hDGCzwZ.jpg
    OK you Smokin Hot Fairy, you stop that! lol Alfie gets a wish to kiss Oakley, which of course is cancelled. Oakley only wishes to be best friends with him. She is devoted to her husband.
    Victor, I think, knows that Alfie thinks his wife is cute! And he calls to her, to get her away from Alfie! :D

I send him to Cherie's house so they all can go to work together, since I don't think the game will send the sisters.

Alfie wishes a friendly introduction to Anya
    lDDcqEE.jpg
    But Cherie comes in to break that up
    ZGvaroU.jpg
    Q6eHyHK.jpg
    yVbsmNE.jpg
    60dLlic.jpg

Cherie is teaching her sis how to get a guy lol but not This guy!
    y5A7Lci.jpg
    Cherie wants this guy for herself!
    vAAM5OG.jpg
    TZ8O58O.jpg
    BTHTJIS.jpg
    P3sjK7W.jpg

Alfie in the Fire House Nut house!

Time for work and they head out together
    VKI9H13.jpg
    gnmnhgV.jpg
    EAoZnSt.jpg

Anya is attracted to some one upstairs, Her sister won't let her have Alfie!
    C8ud71o.jpg

Woah! Anya woohoos Vlad, then Adan 2 seconds later, then goes for the Boss, Teddy, who had hearts with Alfie!
    She wants them All. Their gender preference was Teddy0/0, Vlad hetro, and Adan bi.

"I think they All should be mine no matter what their gender, Watcher" she says
    wow. ok. since I'm not controlling you, you mad cow. :dizzy:
    3LQmJdw.jpg

Alfie finds out Teddy is a coward!
    1V4k0C9.jpg
    "Why would they put a coward as the Boss, Watcher?"
    ukB3J1N.jpg

Cherie comes to interrupt Alfie from playing chess.
    Hbqeamb.jpg
    erH8RJd.jpg
    But there is a fire alarm which disrupts everyone, then the alarm stops 3 seconds later.

I have Alfie ask Teddy his gender pref, since he has a wish to kiss him.
    "I'm straight" says Teddy
    "Watcher!" says Alfie "that means Anya already got to Teddy!" :open_mouth:
    X9TdmzJ.jpg
    I guess you gotta be quick. poor Alfie!

When Teddy then compliments Alfie's genius, it's on!
    i7dD9uG.jpg
    Fteqk8k.jpg
    M39euQw.jpg

oh dear
    4RnPX4G.jpg

"Hi! What's goin on guys?" interrupts Cherie
    mi8xWue.jpg

"What is happening? I thought I was straight now?" says Teddy entirely confused, but not as confused as Watcher is.
    SKmPBTi.jpg

Alfie meets him in the fairy house to woohoo, this does nothing to Teddy's 0/6 for some reason.
    But makes Alfie's 3/36 now a 5/34 I have not a clue how he got so high on the female score. I guess the flirts make it go up too.
    Cherie decides to have a pillow smack down with Teddy, for possibly ruining her plans. and Alfie goes to play chess.

(We get notice that Max and Faelie are faithful rep! and Max completes his LTW! )

Cherie decides to give Alfie another chance, Alfie doesn't refuse.
    DArV77G.jpg
    kcDN6DL.jpg
    KAxml43.jpg

In the background Anya is trying to make Adan straight! lol she is So bad!
    J8ONPuj.jpg
    LIg8jOU.jpg

With Adan still in the fairy house Teddy grabs her.
    T1RcbWI.jpg
    hAxIGQG.jpg
    k6MaXX8.jpg

2MEkM4t.jpg
    EHV9qMg.jpg
    IRPrSx2.jpg
    390KeDr.jpg
    J3MafZ6.jpg

I don't know how this is happening, I don't know the algorithm, but now Alfie is now -13/58

This time Alfie doesn't let her walk away
    wewEUYK.jpg
    W3ZhtB8.jpg
    kHis6qY.jpg
    6y1gNE4.jpg
    xvaWiEO.jpg

Cherie & Alfie are romantic Interests, and he has romantic wishes for her. This is fine, I am happy for him.

I kind of wanted him to choose Teddy or Adan, he liked and was with all 3. But sister Anya was very quick and turned heads!!!

Alfie has made his choice, or Cherie did. lol ;)
    AtXRqec.jpg

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited February 2021
    @emorrill

Thank you for the comments, I do not control his parents that much
    in his generation so they are on their own haha.

@bekkasan

Thank you,
    they are for sure very much in love.

@Brandontaylor

Thank you

@DivaDoodle

You are welcome.
    Alfie is also handsome <3
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Hello, everyone!!!

So, I spent the week building. I've always wanted a really cool place for my sims when they go to Al Simhara and I was finally able to achieve it. Have a peek at "Misty Palms Inn", a place to be used instead of those tents in the Base Camp:

50942374556_03a588ff1a_h.jpgScreenshot-10 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50942374441_806e805bbf_h.jpgScreenshot-11 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

First floor features a swimming pool, a gym with hot tub, library with play room, kitchen, bathrooms, 4 rooms with twin beds, 3 rooms with single beds. The second floor features two suites, the red one and the blue one.

These bedrooms had colors because I intend to implement "Barrier to Entry System" and make the sim pay a little extra to use those facilities. The single bed rooms would also be used the same way, and that's why they're green.

The place has three exits. Here two random pictures. I haven't tested the place with my sims yet.

50942374376_5b8d21a304_h.jpgScreenshot-13 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50942374326_a6632669e9_h.jpgScreenshot-14 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

One limitation is that I wasn't able to save it with the Adventure board. Also, I can't move the board around without moveobjects on. So I uploaded as "visitors allowed" temporarily (it's still a VIP) as backup. (Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9445055)
    roof_up_original.jpg

Another comment, the shape of the Inn is inspired by the location Agatha Christie sent Hercule Poirot to in "Murder in Mesopotamia". I bet @PalmArrow would love this detail. Also, the name matches the names of the houses in the world and it's also the name of the Inn Korra and friends rented a room in the episode "The Stakeout". ;-D

Speaking of buildings, I'd like to share my version of Sunset Valley Library as a 30x30 lot. I rebuilt the whole place from scratch and used a different color scheme for the interior. I think it need a review (I recall that I added two female bathroom doors). I also removed the seasons changes. There are chess tables and more computers in my version. In case someone feels interested, here's the link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9444704
    roof_up_original.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @SilverofDreams30 I hope you've had a great job interview!!
    **Ownn Dani and Jayden! <3
    Liam looks like me, playing video game all day and having crushes. I hope he gets lucky with that letter!

@bekkasan I am in love with your festival lot. Great ideas with the roller coaster. I haven't had ideas do implement that in my games, though. I'll eventually make a circus with a Showtime stage one day.
    **LOL It's nice to play with muscular sims one in a while. XD
    Right now, I've had a different idea for a gameplay, but I'm more focused on preparing China, France and Egypt.

@DivaDoodle When it hasn't been more than a month, I keep track of the tags. LOL There's another simmer, gaiahypothesims, and her sims used to be just like yours. They would whoohoo in front of the butler, leave the kids for whoohoo... it was funny. That made me check her tumblr again. I still have some of her boys.
    **I loved Alfie's story and his shirt is great with that texture! It's a very colorful Mondrian.
    **Who's the dark-haired guy with black jacket and lavender shirt? Is he Larry, Youngman or Oberon? Gosh, I love how his eyes look at the guy with polo shirt and glasses. So gorgeous! BTW, very nice of you to give the firefighters nice beds to sleep in.
    **LOL at Alfie discovering that Teddy is "curious".

@GraceyManor I love those face masks. It's so 2020!

@Nikkei_Simmer is the cow from the store really worth it? That's the only farm item I haven't gotten yet.
    **LOL Coffee-pasta insomnia!
    **BTW I'm still impressed with your sleepwear for the cold days. I would probably freeze because I wear a sweatshirt when it's around 14°.

@BrandonTaylor Oh gosh, I haven't had a genie em ages. Your genie talking about food made me hungry and feeling like playing with one. XD
    Melanie made a very nice wish.

@Tamijo Make Kate fire the babysitter and hire a new one. I don't like the look of this guy either! XD

Guys, great pictures and stories. I decided to focus on the last two pages. XD
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Emotions

Bekka and Jamie arrive at the winter festival in high spirits and ready to have a good time. Bekka compliments Jamie on his singing voice. “You have a really great voice! Did you ever consider singing as a career?”
    “No, I’m perfectly happy singing in the shower or truck with you.”

Bekka arches her brows and grins at Jamie, blushing a bright red at the imagery that delights her thoughts.

Jamie instantly realizes what he just said and blushes beet red. “Oh boy! I didn’t mean it that way!" he quickly exclaims. "I do sing in the shower, but alone. Not with you of course. Not with anyone! Should I just hush up now?”
    “Maybe I should try this again? I had fun singing in the truck with you. That is what I meant. You have a lovely voice. I think we sounded great together. Have you ever sung professionally?”

Listening to Jamie as he stutters and tries to explain away his comment, Bekka giggles in delight. She shakes her head no and finally is able to speak without giggling. “The closest I’ve come is singing karaoke with Francesca and a few others I went to school with. We should do that sometime. There is a karaoke set at the tavern. They are going to start having the karaoke competitions again.”
    “That sounds like fun. I bet we could win the competition.”
    They talk about their favorite types of music and discover they both love music and singing even if they have different favorites.
    Bekka writes on her scrap...music...anticipation
    50918388473_1c27966788_o.jpg
    50937174451_708270af9e_o.jpg

Two of the ghosts are having a snowball fight and invite Jamie and Bekka to join them. They join opposing teams. Bekka knows she is on the winning team when she sees the size of the snowball that Gregor is getting ready to toss at their opponents.
    She gleefully packs a tight one and hurls it with good aim. It strikes Jamie in his belly but does not knock him over. She carefully dodges the next snowball that Elias, the fire ghost sends. However, Jamie's throw knocks her to the ground as she is off balance from dodging the one Elias sent. The air around them fills with snow as they hurl snowballs at each other trying to knock each other over into the snow. They thoroughly enjoy the snowball fight, and Bekka and Gregor's team win, but it is a close finish.
    50936488478_c212141a66_o.jpg
    50937174416_0ba27f25f1_o.jpg

After the snowball fight, Bekka and Jamie head over to the snowboard ramp. Bekka has always enjoyed the sport, and she and Jamie ride the snowboards until both crash one too many times.
    50918388363_1a0b5d0acb_o.jpg
    50919208647_800a2697e7_o.jpg
    50919208537_b357a7e883_o.jpg
    50919075611_6f2d631f49_o.jpg

Jamie gently helps Bekka up after her crash. “That was a hard crash. Are you sure you are ok?”
    “Yes, I'm not hurt anywhere. Luckily, the leathers are well padded. That was fun except for that crash landing. I saw your crash from up top and noticed you skidded all the way across the boards. Did you get hurt?"
    "No, I'm fine. Thick leathers too." He takes her arm needing to touch her after his heart leapt into his throat watching her crash."
    They walk over to the food booths and indulge in a surprisingly delicious hot chocolate to warm up.
    50918388118_6102b16138_o.jpg
    50919075391_aac591d699_o.jpg

They wander around the festival enjoying the varied activities and each other’s company. They both enjoy the claw machine and when Jamie’s prize turns out to be a Genie bear he gifts it to Rebecca. She gives him a hug in return. They have their picture made in the photo booth in remembrance of this fun day. Jamie eventually calls the ghosts together and tells them it will soon be time to leave. The ghosts decide to enjoy festival food before Jamie drives them back home. He reminds them of their promise to leave Damien and Mary alone at the house. They agree they will abide by the promise.
    Bekka pulls her scrap out of her pocket as they travel with the ghosts back to the house. Festival...fun...admiration.
    50936488398_6a548aebc4_o.jpg
    50937286577_124176980c_o.jpg
    50937174266_cf691aefd9_o.jpg
    50936488258_4a6c40b736_o.jpg
    50937174376_2c25256451_o.jpg

After leaving the ghosts at the house, Jamie takes Bekka to a small local restaurant that has recently opened. They rock in front of the fireplace as they wait for their table. Jamie had the owner place a red rose on the table for Bekka. “For you, my lady, from the gentleman.” He bows to them and moves away from the table.

Bekka blushes prettily and thanks Jamie for the rose. “It is beautiful. Thank you.”
    Jamie watches her expressive face and delights seeing her smile so happily. “You are beautiful, my dear Rebecca.”

Not wanting her to be uncomfortable he asks her what she would like to have for dinner. They look over the menu and both decide on the specialty of grilled shrimp and cherry tomatoes with roasted parmesan asparagus.
    After taking a few bites Bekka compliments the food and Jamie on finding such an excellent place to enjoy a meal.
    “I actually discovered it ghost hunting. I was called to rid a nest of destructive spirits that had invaded the building. The owner fed me a meal after I had finished the job and it was some of the best food I had eaten in a long time. I told him he should open a restaurant. That was his plan once the building was safe.”

“The cabin theme is definitely not in keeping with the style of food he is serving. He needs something a lot more exclusive, a little bit Asian and modern.”
    The owner walks by as Rebecca is talking with Jamie and overhears her comments. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to interrupt but I couldn’t help overhear. That is exactly what I want. How did you know?”
    “I’m a designer and architect,” Bekka tells him. “I get a feel for unique places and make recommendations based on that as well as what the client desires." She hands him one of her cards.
    “I will leave you to your meal, but I will call you tomorrow to discuss your ideas, if I may.”
    “Of course, that would be fine.”

“Jamie! How awesome was that!”
    “That was awesome! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.”

They enjoy the meal and sit talking long after the dishes are removed. Bekka finds Jamie an interesting and surprisingly easy man to talk to. He loves laughing and telling funny stories and yet draws her out to talk about herself. She feels no pressure from him to be more than friends even when he tells her she is beautiful and gives her a beautiful rose. Her heart does flip flops when he looks into her eyes and smiles that beautiful smile of his.
    Bekka knows she will jot down romantic and exciting for her evening with Jamie.
    50919208082_f0974f8c0b_o.jpg
    50919207977_3eb5dc792a_o.jpg
    50918387608_1bf0b6b88c_o.jpg
    50919207882_ae86f325ec_o.jpg

After dinner, Jamie takes her home. She invites him in but he shakes his head. “I wish I could. I’ve got a couple of ghost jobs to take care of. How does your day look tomorrow?”

“Busy,” she tells him sadly. I need to complete a few designs that I’ve put off working on. I have an appointment with the counselor. My Christmas decorations must be put away! I guess I better not take any more time off. I do hope the restaurant owner calls as well. I have a few ideas for him and want to prepare some sketches. I had a great time with you today, Jamie. Thank you for inviting me to come with you. You are a special man helping the ghosts have a day away from the manor. Maybe you could come over tomorrow for supper before you have to go out ghost hunting?”

“It really is a shame to see the ghosts tied to their vessels and stuck at the manor. Damien and I will continue to try and get them released. I had a great time with you. I would love to come for supper. If it is ok with you I will come by in the morning and take your Christmas things down for you so you can get straight to work. That would be one less thing for you to do and one less worry."
    "Jamie, you don't have to do that! I'll get it done eventually."
    "I know I don't have to do it. I want to do it. Please let me."
    He can see the thoughts going around in her head that just confuse her. He reaches out and touches her face, tilting her chin so she is looking at him. "No strings, dear one. Just me doing something to help a friend."
    She nods her head in agreement as her heart flips in her chest as he touches her face. Those eyes of his, she knows she could drown in them if she stared too long.
    "Goodnight." Jamie closes the door and turns away with a smile on his face looking forward to tomorrow.
    50919074096_faa5c955ea_o.jpg

Bekka sits on her bed and pulls out her scrap of paper. She adds sad and confused to the list.

She looks at all the words on her scrap of paper and wonders what the counselor will make of it.
    anxious...hope...Jamie...surprise...music...anticipation...festival...fun...admiration...romantic...exciting...sad...confused.

Most of the words are positive ones. The last two are because Jamie couldn't stay and feeling sad that he had to leave and her confusion regarding that particular emotion.

She looks over at the picture of her and Jamie taken at the festival today and at the rose he gave her at dinner.
    She picks up her pad that she keeps at her bedside and begins to write.

Are you worth the hurt? Are you worth the pain?
    I feel your love from your heart,
    and wonder all the same.
    You've changed my world so dark and grey
    to laughter and sunshine.
    My heart is twisted with the ache from breaking once before.
    Can this heart be mended? Will love take the pain away?
    I feel your love.
    You feel my fear.
    You don't walk away!
    You give me strength to heal
    accepting me as me.
    My soul cries out for you
    despite the fear inside.
    You are worth the hurt.
    You are worth the pain.
    I must restore this broken heart
    to find a way to you.
    50940203577_afd75bca63_o.jpg
    50940203602_d6a68a9059_o.jpg
    @Nikkei_Simmer is the cow from the store really worth it? That's the only farm item I haven't gotten yet.
    **LOL Coffee-pasta insomnia!
    **BTW I'm still impressed with your sleepwear for the cold days. I would probably freeze because I wear a sweatshirt when it's around 14°.

The Milkin' It Dairy provides milk to drink; milkshakes (chocolate and vanilla) and cheese (if you take two milks and do the interaction) and it also comes with an interaction to play X's and O's with the cow. If you need cheese on a regular basis, I'd say get it.

Believe it or not, you can grind beans into flour...so I just took it a step further since there are no red-beans or kidney beans in Sims 3. The only beans are coffee beans so I figured...they used that on the island to make pasta for their goopy carbonara and all that. (logical progression). Then of course...having to use coffee beans (which have a buttload of caffeine - well, you know where that's going.

-2C is nothing for a prairie boy like me. I sleep in just my skivvies while my wife has about ten blankets on top of her. She thinks I'm nuts. Sweatshirt and sweatpants were all that was between me and the elements when I went out to get some sodas. When it's -40...that's when I think about putting on a jacket and maybe some gloves so that my fingers don't get cold.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Tamijo

Thank you, it was all their own doing,
    I did not control them.

@thuggishsplicer

Great building, thank you, it's all their own
    doing, I only control Liam in his generation for the most part.
    I did not get that job, but I have another interview in a few days.

@bekkasan

Lovely update, her poem, in the end, was really
    strong.

edited February 2021
    Decided to bite the "bullet" and pull my Apocalypse-JAGfic out of the pile as well...so let's see if I can keep three balls up in the air and do a juggling feat or have them ALL come crashing down on my head: So...

Here's Chapter One - (repost)...that will give me some time to come up with the latest chapter.

SunsetValley_MCC_header.png

“The Mushroom Cloud Chronicles – Sunset Valley ”
    Author: CdnJAGScribe
    E-mail:
    Rating: M
    Classification: Angst
    Spoilers:
    Summary:
    DISCLAIMER: The characters Harm Rabb, Jr., Sarah "Mac" Mackenzie, Meg Austin, AJ Chegwidden, Bud Roberts, Harriet Sims-Roberts et al. belong (in concept and visual form) to CBS/Bellisarius. Animal and all OC characters are the property of Heather and Hugo Chikamori. No profit is being made from this story, nor is any infringement intended. Author’s Note: This is a Sims 3/JAG cross-over. Those who have played Sims 3 will recognize some of the Sims 3 characters that I have included in this story. Those of you who are familiar with JAG will recognize the characters from the TV Show and from my JAG fanfics.

“I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things’.” ~ Ronald Reagan, May 16, 1983

Prologue
    From the viewpoint of FADM Toshio M. Nakamura

Pentagon,
    Washington DC,
    1345ZULU

Well, it happened to be one of those days. I’ve never envied the Chief of Staff of the Joint Chiefs. He has a hell of a job to do. Wrangling a bunch of guys with chips on their shoulders determined to each get the best possible deal for their branch of service. I’d hoped to stay clear of the brouhaha, but as Chief of Naval Operations, I was stuck being the fall guy for the Naval Service. General of the Army William D. Hollister was the head guy in charge of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon. I, as the equivalent five-star, was Deputy Chief of Staff which meant dodging barbs against the Navy by every other branch of service. After the meeting which pretty much went about as well as herding cats, I was asked to come down to the SECNAV’s office as she had something that she needed to tell me. SECNAV Porter was no-nonsense and very demanding, so it behooved me to make sure that I was well aware of what I needed to brief her about. But in this case, I was sure that she had the drop on me.
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    I strode in when she told me to enter and squared off in front of her desk, standing at the position of attention.
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    "At ease, Fleet Admiral, I have need to discuss matters with you of strategic importance."
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    "Yes, Ma'am?" I responded.

“Fleet Admiral, You’ve heard of Pinnacle right?”
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    It was at that very exact moment that a chill ran down my back. Pinnacle was a document much feared by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Mention of this meant that things had gone to hell in a hand-basket. We’d been fighting a war on and off with terrorists. That also meant that we ended up having to fight along-side the Russians and the Chinese for supremacy in North Africa and the Middle East. If you know anything about foreign relations, we don’t like the Russians or the Chinese, military-wise. Let the others do the kissy-facey happy, happy joy joy; keep up good foreign relations with other countries. We trained to go to war with them; which meant that things were pretty frosty on all sides. “Yes, ma'am, I have...” I said. I’m confused at this point.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    The SECNAV got out of her chair and stepped around the desk, “We had the Monaghan and the Douglas O’Keefe in the South China Sea.”

I was aware of that. “Yes, ma'am. Under BATGRP 6 off the Eisenhower.”
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    SECNAV nodded quietly. “While you were in with the JCS, this came through the dispatch, Your DCNO came to me with it since you were in a meeting.” She shoved over a sheet of paper. A trickle of sweat ran down my back as I read it.

CO USS John Quincy Adams CGN23
    COMPACFLT, HONOLULU HI
    ATT CNO Pentagon

REQ RECOVUNITS FF-954 HIT SILKWORMS – SUNK
    . ENG SURF EMPLC 0732ZULU MNGUN
    AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS

Captain Henry Stapleton
    CO USS JOHN QUINCY ADAMS CGN23

Silkworm.png
    I looked over at SECNAV. “Chinese?”
    Monaghan_destroyed.png
    “It appears that way. The Silkworm emplacements that fired on the USS Monaghan were on Chinese soil on one of those islands that they’re building in the South China Sea.”
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    “CO fired back and destroyed the missile emplacements.” I nodded. “Looks like we have a serious situation on our hands. We retaliate further, we’re going to escalate the situation.”

“I think we’ve already passed that point, Fleet Admiral, the Chinese have sent a blistering message down to COMPACFLT that they want our ships out of the South China Sea or they will escalate.” SECNAV looked grimly at me and I knew that the situation was dire. “The President wants to retaliate, but SECDEF has tried to reason with him. But we are not willing to concede the position. Our ships have every right to be in the South China Sea. We were well in international waters when we were hit. That is tantamount to a declaration of war.”
    PresidentTrump.png
    “And...you know what happens if we declare war on the Chinese. They’ll escalate to nuclear.” I stated eye to eye with SECNAV. “And...then the whole world goes up in flames. COMPACFLT is wanting to send two Aegis CGN into the hot-zone and rain Tomahawks on the Chinese coastal defenses and that's just going to make the whole situation ten times worse.”
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    “Yeah, the Russians will want in on this dance too.” SECNAV said with a look that said that she knew exactly what was going on. “And then we’ve got a steaming pile of 🐸🐸🐸🐸-stew. I need someone to diffuse the tension out in Pearl, but you have other orders. Your blue button is sending you elsewhere. JCS wants to protect you because they'll need a tactician once everything stops blowing up.”
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    “So CiC is wanting to institute Pinnacle?” I asked as I broke from parade rest and SECNAV who nodded.

“DCNO is taking over your position, you and your staff are going to Canada.”
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    “Canada?”
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    “General Kelly, RCAF is the Chief of Staff of the Canadian Armed Forces and we’ve talked things over with him. You and he will coordinate in a bunker down in Sunset Valley...We’re hoping that it’s far enough away that they won’t get hit as badly as our US bases will.” SECNAV stated as she tossed me over a sheaf of papers; my orders. “I’ll leave the rest of it up to you.”
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    "Yes, ma'am!" I knew a dismissal when I heard one. She looked me square in the face and nodded. I came to the position of attention.

"Dismissed, Fleet Admiral..."

"Yes, Ma'am..."
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    ...about faced and headed from the SECNAV's office.
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    As I stepped out of the SECNAV's office, I noted my Chief of Staff waiting patiently in the hallway.
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    "Captain, with me..." Captain Benton walked in lockstep with me towards the doors.
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    "We have people to round up..." I said as we walked towards the doors leading towards the center courtyard.

When we got out into the courtyard, Captain Benton asked, "Sir? What happened in there, you look rather pale."
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    "Walk with me, Captain." I said dourly, "In a few short days, we may be living out of a hole in the ground."
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Currently browsing through patterns and seeing if I can add them to the game; using the same patterns do get boring after a while.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    @everyone sorry I'm late commenting and I hope I got everyone who tagged me! I am all in a wonderous dither about Alfie! and Can't Stop Playing the game to find out more!!!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! Alfie is Max! (doppelganger!) :)

@thuggishsplicer Beautiful build!
    that guy is Larry Gandillon, a werewolf homeless! Homeless sims are the BEST! Full of personality, usually! I see him running the concession stand at the festival, https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Larry_Gandillon I didn't edit him at all he is just like that!

Thank you for loving Alfie's story! I just try to write how I interpret what is going on! I just love watching my town, household by household! They are free will with as little direction as possible, usually just to complete a wish!

Teddy is too cute for words with his facial expressions! well at least we can see him, as He is the Boss!

If Larry shows up again at the fire station, I'll let him stay! ;):)

@bekkasan OMG miraculous lovely wonderful Update!!!

""He reaches out and touches her face, tilting her chin so she is looking at him. "No strings, dear one. Just me doing something to help a friend."'' <3 Jamie <3

'' her heart flips in her chest as he touches her face. Those eyes of his, she knows she could drown in them if she stared too long.'' <3 Jamie already Knows this! right?! He can Feel it, sense it!

Lovely Poem!

omg the last picture! She is So Lovely!

I can't remember if I commented on your comment the other day about doppelgangers! I remember you said you had to TA them! but I can't TA Alfie because he is @AlexaKry 's!!! So I have to take good care of him! Also how interesting that is, to have him just appear! I risked the entire save just to see what would happen! LOL I'm too curious! But part of me Was thinking it might be like all my runaway bonehilda's, calling marrieds up for dates and crashing the game!!!

@Brandontaylor Imgur sometimes blinks out on me! I think they get overloaded! Did you try using Edge instead of Chrome? That helped me, somehow! weird but true.

I love the genie getting interviewed LOL

Daisy doing her homework! I was thinking she would look so cool with hybrid vampire eyes!

I Love the love of Dwight and Melanie! I wish I could send them young again potions!

@emorrill Love your comments! Thank you!

I cracked up and laughed at ''I was like, "She didn't!?!?" :smiley: Ha ha! :joy: Goodness emorrill what is wrong with you!? :lol: (I've been feeling unusually giddy - and apparently dirty - lately and I can't quite explain it...)''
    Hey better than us being depressed! I'm so Glad when you feel Good! (((hugs))) seriously!

I don't know what style hair I prefer on guys, I think long though, since I always look! :o:p lol
    I think we are attracted to what we have, or what we liked in our 20's & 30's! it leaves an impression!

I, of course, am partial to blondes because of Silver Fox. <3 We've been together since we were 19. And rode dinosaurs to the drive-ins, and picnics, to make out!!! :D

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I made a new sim to add to my Covington family. He and Bella are now engaged and expecting a son! I'd switched back to her family's home so I can continue playing them. Eric becomes a young adult in one day and Grace becomes a teenager in six days!

Meeting Dustin LeBlanc
    nN9QOU3.jpg
    6NLANee.jpg

Officially a couple
    Ixj9JUj.jpg

A little too much fun ;) I'm not sure what to name the baby.
    pqRxOht.jpg

Grace's birthday- Mom and Dad had the day off, but her brothers and sister had left for school already
    G7RFaH0.jpg

Gracie Marie Covington!
    YonVEUv.jpg

She's a bookworm. Maybe she'll be a doctor <3
    javhBbA.jpg

The family puppy. I can't remember her name.
    vf5PMRp.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor I am looking forward to getting the vaccine! :smiley:

@emorrill The first time I got on a plane was to Florida in 2002 and security was tight but nice weather when we go there! It will take a few years for travel to go back to how it was again ore Covid
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited February 2021
    Karritz wrote: »
    @emorrill wild horses are a nice addition to the game - most of the time. The horses in Oasis Landing were probably the best though. I suppose they had plenty of time to get them right as it was the final Expansion.

We have wild horses here too. We call them Brumbies. Apparently the person who first let his horses go was named Brumby or something similar. They cause a lot of damage to the environment as they live in very sensitive alpine regions on Mt Kosciuszko. It is the highest mountain in Australia. Recently it was decided to cull them all. This is very sad but I can see their point as so many native animals in the area are going extinct due to the activities of the horses. Some of the local landowners are trying to rescue as many of them as they can by catching the horses. Most of the horses are apparently quite easily trained and are being then sold to good homes as riding horses.

I used to ride a little myself in my youth. One of my uncles owned a small cattle station (ranch) and when I visited my cousin used to take me riding. I'd already learned to ride when I was very small but didn't ever have a chance to get much experience. For several years my art was mostly drawings and paintings of horses.

@Karritz - Evidently in the TV show JAG... there was a character called Mic Brumby... an exchange Australian naval officer.
    Trevor_Goddard_as_Brumby.jpg
    and like his namesake was a bit of a "wild horse". I realized that was Australian slang for a "wild horse" so his last name was rather fitting, considering that Harm's partner, Mac, decided to take him for a "ride". ~evil smirk~. Wonder if Don Bellisario knew just how fitting the character he created was.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Nikkei_Simmer I suspect Don Bellisario would most likely have known all about the brumbies here as they are very well known and there have been movies and poems made about them. One movie that was based on a famous poem was 'The Man from Snowy River'.

A lot of movies are made here now and very famous actors and directors from USA are here a lot of the time so they would have easy access to whatever information they want on Australia. He could have easily been here and seen documentaries or news stories about the brumbies on TV so wouldn't have had to do too much research to find out about them.
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Just a sneak peak for my next update, total drama!

@Nikkei_Simmer She is very attractive in her uniform...for a girl. :grin:
    You would fit right in here in FL. Folks wear shorts and flip flops all year. Of course, it doesn't get as cold as up there, but it does get cold a few weeks in winter.
    Pretty opening fishing scene!

@modifiedmom4891 I think you have to be a member before you can modify avatars and even comments. Not sure why you can't download the CAW tool though.

@Brandontaylor Gosh, didn't know you couldn't interview genies!
    Cute pic teaching the little one to talk.
    hehe, such a cute why am I doing this **** face.
    Poor Dwight is not long for the world huh? :cry:
    Hopefully Daisy will find love before too long.
    Thanks for the comment! I'm gonna adjust the bulrushes. :grin:

@DivaDoodle Cherie changed her appearance too!
    I guess Alfie swings both ways?
    It looks like Alfie may prefer this version of Cherie.
    I had to laugh at the family reactions to Alfie.
    She knows what she wants!
    Anya apparently has a thing for firemen!
    Alfie still doesn't know what he wants. I guess he is trying to make his mind up by experimenting.
    EA got so many things wrong I don't trust their algorithms. I think your instincts are better. :grin:
    Thanks! :heart: I'm so glad you enjoyed the update. :smiley: I love seeing your comments and knew you would be happy with a few of the scenes. :grin:
    Yes, he knows. :smiley: He's just not gonna push her. He's not going to be like her ex and try to take charge. He wants it to be mutual as it should be.
    Of course...he's gonna stay in her sight by hanging out as much as he can get away with. :grin:
    Thanks, re the poem and last picture. :smiley:
    I TA'd about 20 sims. There were 6 Greg's, 4 Sam's and duplicates of many others. The main Greg was still living in his house, but I couldn't find Sam anywhere but Em was at home. The weird thing was I had put all these sims in the game and assigned them houses. These were my sims and Sam was Em's Sam so it's not like I didn't know where they were supposed to be. They were going about their lives and suddenly a bunch of doppelgangers were congregating in the apartments that I didn't add, but had the names of MY SIMS! After I TA'd them I saved, reloaded and the game started assigning them to jobs and plunking them in the apartments again! That is when I decided something had corrupted the save and I better do my building before adding the sims to the town. I got rid of the apartments too!

@Sleepstar oh dear, fence those plants in!

@emorrill Thanks. I'm glad I finally found a use for the statue. :grin:

@GraceyManor Glad you apparently got the game going again. Beware of updates! Sorry you are stuck playing on 1.69. They do sell disk trays to use with a desktop that doesn't have them. I don't even have my desktop connected to the internet anymore. Not taking any chances!
    Hope that Linda is able to find something out.
    So, why is Linda not wearing a hazmat suit? Just a mask? That seems particularly dangerous for an educated scientist.
    Gosh, I was actually hoping Tiffany would insult her one more time to see if he would fire her. :grin:

@thuggishsplicer The base camp looks terrific and much more fun then staying in tents!
    Somewhere around there used to be a thread that explained how to change the base camp and get the board. I deleted a bunch of my bookmarks awhile back, so didn't see it on that list.
    Your library sounds great too.
    Gave you rec's on both.
    Thanks. I'm having fun working on the festival lot. I'll probably get back to it this week.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks! :heart:

@HillyBeth Lovely pics of your sims.

Jorge: Do you think we can jump as high as the roller coaster?
    50914470138_8e0a2e5a8f_o.jpg
    @bekkasan I actually had her decked out in hazmat and then went to save the game and it crashed lol I might turn off wifi while playing good idea
    @GraceyManor bummer. I've used the ghostbuster outfit before. Not perfect but better than crashing. :grin:
    @bekkasan
    That's actually the outfit I used as I didn't want to install custom content.
    I just cleaned up my folder.XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top