Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tribus, the Hudson Valley World's Fair-Final Version Out

124...Next

Comments

• DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    Dang....just dang. I'm just starting to work on world creation because I love making lots so much, so I figured I'd try to scale up, and the pictures of your world are so inspiring! It's all so cohesive and developed. It has its own history and culture. What was your initial inspiration? Did you start with a story in mind or have a certain "look" that you wanted to try out?
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Akaniki to Quailhogs RE: Gym

[/quote]

Nope, still not happening. If it is picking up treasure, it will never happen, that has been broken in my game for a long time. If it is the light. it still has no option to turn it on.
    Yes, this is a new download.[/quote]
    I fixed it in CAW on my end per your feedback. You will not see the changes until I upload the next test version. Sorry about the confusion.
    [/quote]

No problem, I will catch it next version then.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    The fourth version for testing has been uploaded. I am still accepting sims to populate the world.
    Quailhogs wrote: »
    The fourth version for testing has been uploaded. I am still accepting sims to populate the world.

Have downloaded latest version and will begin testing tomorrow.
    I will test gym tomb first thing. I there anything in particular you would like retested or just everything in general?
    akaniki0 wrote: »

I will test gym tomb first thing. I there anything in particular you would like retested or just everything in general?
    I would also look into the theater venue, the cemetery, the laundromat, and the church.

I would also look into the theater venue, the cemetery, the laundromat, and the church.
    Gym - Yeah! Finally it all worked, no issues, tomb complete

Laundromat - No issues, tomb complete

Basilica - Got both key stones no problem. Routing issue downstairs. Tell sim to go through door, they keep going back upstairs and try to enter from there, same with "go here".

Bourgeoise Theatre - Same problem with balcony door, no option to go through it but can click on ground a "go here". Everything else works, tomb complete.

Cemetery - No issues found except, of course, that last room. Just a tad demented but appreciable, nice touch. Used "teleport here" to yhe other side of the door to complete tomb.

Do you need anything else tested? Do you need more general testing? Thanks for the fun and for the world. FYI Grey Meadow is still my go to world, I love it.
    A new test version of Tribus has been uploaded. This is fairly close to being the final version of the world, I hope.
    edited January 2021
    A new test version of Tribus has been uploaded. This is fairly close to being the final version of the world, I hope.

I have been playtesting Tribus. I started with the tombs this time.
    So far the gym, cemetery and theatre work fine and tombs completed.
    The Basilica had routing issues. Sim kept going upstairs to enter the downstairs door and couldn't go upstairs from the basement. This was fixed by copying the building, demolishing the existing one and then replacing it. Tomb complete.
    The hatchery worked fine. Only issue was the perpetual unicorn on the property. This also was fixed by copy, demolish and replace. Tomb complete.
    The library was a different story. The trigger hole was invisible in live mode. Replacing the building did not fix the issue. Can not continue with tomb.
    Most of these are problems I have not had in previous versions. I am going to redownload the world tomorrow and start over. Hopefully I will not get the same results. Will let you know in a day or two.
    Post edited by akaniki0 on
    edited January 2021

Hi, hope you are well.
    Reinstalling help nothing.

Gym - Everything worked, tomb completed. ( YEAH! )

Cemetery - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Bourgeoise Theatre - No option to go through door but can "go here" or "climb up". All else worked, tomb completed.

Basilica - Routing issues to go through downstairs door. Also, once downstairs, can't go upstairs, had to teleport.
    Fixed the issues through "edit town", copy - delete - replace. Worked after that, tomb completed.

Hatchery - Everything worked, tomb completed. Perpetual unicorn outside, fixed via copy - delete - replace.

Library - Upstairs trigger hole goes invisible in live mode. Tried everything, not even copy - delete - replace would help. can not complete tomb.

Bar - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Lighthouse - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Hector's Hexes - No option to go through door but can click "use stairs". Everything worked, tomb completed.

Art Gallery - No option to go through door but can click "climb up". Everything worked, tomb completed.

Laundromat - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Tribus Warrens - Everything worked, tomb completed. *Sidebar* Shouldn't that have been a white room? :)

Have a good one.

Post edited by akaniki0 on

Hi, hope you are well.
    Reinstalling help nothing.

Gym - Everything worked, tomb completed. ( YEAH! )

Cemetery - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Bourgeoise Theatre - No option to go through door but can "go here" or "climb up". All else worked, tomb completed.

Basilica - Routing issues to go through downstairs door. Also, once downstairs, can't go upstairs, had to teleport.
    Fixed the issues through "edit town", copy - delete - replace. Worked after that, tomb completed.

Hatchery - Everything worked, tomb completed. Perpetual unicorn outside, fixed via copy - delete - replace.

Library - Upstairs trigger hole goes invisible in live mode. Tried everything, not even copy - delete - replace would help. can not complete tomb.

Bar - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Lighthouse - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Hector's Hexes - No option to go through door but can click "use stairs". Everything worked, tomb completed.

Art Gallery - No option to go through door but can click "climb up". Everything worked, tomb completed.

Laundromat - Everything worked, tomb completed.

Tribus Warrens - Everything worked, tomb completed. *Sidebar* Shouldn't that have been a white room? :)

Have a good one.

Thanks for testing it.
    I am making some substantial changes to the library and the theatre tomb. I also did some reworking to the Basilica tomb. For some reason if you have stairs in the terrain, it messes up the routing in the basement below, which I am trying to fix.
    Unable to replicate the problem in Hector's Hexes.
    edited February 2021

Thanks for testing it.
    I am making some substantial changes to the library and the theatre tomb. I also did some reworking to the Basilica tomb. For some reason if you have stairs in the terrain, it messes up the routing in the basement below, which I am trying to fix.

To Quailhogs:

I am still testing. I have tested the public buildings and am nearly done with the residentials. I test each and every building to check for any routing issues. I also check jobs to make sure people can go to work and back home without any problems. I will be completely done in a day or two.

It's been a pleasure.
    Thanks for testing it.

To Quailhogs:

I am still testing. I have tested the public buildings and am nearly done with the residentials. I test each and every building to check for any routing issues. I also check jobs to make sure people can go to work and back home without any problems. I will be completely done in a day or two.

It's been a pleasure.

Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully you do not run in to too many more problems. The layout of the world is a bit unconventional.
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for testing it.

To Quailhogs:

It's been a pleasure.

Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully you do not run in to too many more problems. The layout of the world is a bit unconventional.

Quailhogs:

I have tested all residential - Found no errors

All jobs (I hope) - Everyone got to work and back home with no issues. The only problem I encountered was with the Fire Station. It is not actually with the station itself. A small housefire spread to 3 floors because They decided to run to the fire.

Tested all public venues. No problems with 2 exceptions. I had to remove the 2 tables (and chairs) at either of the front of the bar at the Sinking Larva. They were causing people to get stuck between them and the bar. The other was at the Bourgeoise Theatre. The Simfest failed to launch. I don't know if it was caused by the building, proprietor, the stage or possibly just no contestants showed up.

I hope I didn't leave anything out. If you think of something just let me know.
    Thank you for the world, I love it.
    Thanks for testing it.

To Quailhogs:

It's been a pleasure.

Quailhogs:

All jobs (I hope) - Everyone got to work and back home with no issues. The only problem I encountered was with the Fire Station. It is not actually with the station itself. A small housefire spread to 3 floors because They decided to run to the fire.

Tested all public venues. No problems with 2 exceptions. I had to remove the 2 tables (and chairs) at either of the front of the bar at the Sinking Larva. They were causing people to get stuck between them and the bar. The other was at the Bourgeoise Theatre. The Simfest failed to launch. I don't know if it was caused by the building, proprietor, the stage or possibly just no contestants showed up.

Which house was it? I may be able to squeeze in a road, depending on where it is.
    Thanks for testing it.

To Quailhogs:

It's been a pleasure.

Quailhogs:

Which house was it? I may be able to squeeze in a road, depending on where it is.

Quailhogs:

I do believe it was the "Artist's Spire" house. I didn't see it as much of a problem, though you might. It's just one of those weird things that Sims do.
    The final version is out. I did some of my own testing as well, and there do not appear to be any glaring issues.
    The final version is out. I did some of my own testing as well, and there do not appear to be any glaring issues.

Excellent! Thank you.
  • kkaizerkkaizer Posts: 9 New Member
    Great job!!! How did you make those custom portraits btw??
    kkaizer wrote: »
    Great job!!! How did you make those custom portraits btw??

I made them using the TSR Workshop. The paintings were cloned from EA's paintings.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top