Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant download the create a world tool?

I cant seem to download the create a world tool... When i try to go to the page to click download its blank....

Any ideas?

Comments

• ShaluaShalua Posts: 453 Member
    edited December 2009
    Try using a different browser.
  • water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited December 2009
    "gape"? is that a typo for page?

so you go here http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world? then its blank? trying to get direct link.....cannot seem to obtain it, can anyone else get it?
  • Neena608Neena608 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi water_cat1

I am downloading it right now. Did the OP check the box to accept terms and conditions from EA? If you do that then it should work. :shock:
    edited December 2009
    i can download it too, its just finding the direct address to paste here is what im having problems with
  • MorganaterMorganater Posts: 93 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have registered both my sims 3 game and WA.

• Neena608Neena608 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hmm......I downloaded it from the link you gave the OP. So I'm not sure what is wrong?
    edited December 2009
    aha! when i push 'download' a new window appears with an address i want, then it closes and starts downloading. before it was too fast to select the URL and copy it, BUT i clicked the stop button in time to get it.

http://llnw.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/worldtool.exe that should go straight to downloading it.
  • MorganaterMorganater Posts: 93 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I tried both internet explorer and firefox and both do not bring the page up...

Thank you for the link! Ill try it out now:)
  • 13hearts13hearts Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    i had the same problem. that link did open the download, but i don't know whether to trust it. does it work?
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    You don't know whether to trust what? And does what work?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • modifiedmom4891modifiedmom4891 Posts: 7 New Member
    I was having the same problem, but I found this link. I had to right click on the download button and then click open in a new tab and it downloaded straight away. Hope this helps, heres the link.
    https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/create-a-world-download/
    I take that back, now I am having trouble with it saying that create a world beta has crashed. I am back to square one ughhhh
    file:///C:/Users/tiabe/Desktop/Screenshot%20(1).png
    SOLVED!!!!! make sure to open the download site in INTERNET EXPLORER, make sure you are logged in and THEN download. worked right away! sorry for the thousands of post. but hopefully this one will work for you!