Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would make building better?

2...Next

Comments

• CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I would love to see customization for on the inside of roofs and the ceilings.
  • FlatsanFlatsan Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh boy, I was just telling my pops about how I had a lot of things I wanted added to Build Mode, glad I found this thread!

Here's my long, and yet still incomplete, list (I've seen some of these from other folks too, so here's hoping repetition helps!)

-Place stair rails independently on either side (to avoid that annoying wall clipping)
    -Spiral stairs
    -The ability to stack stairs (so, two stairs with different exits and extrances yet that cross over each other)
    -The ability to make stairs shorter and steeper: I'd like to be able to make the tight, squished little stairs found in small houses everywhere!
    -Scaleable objects- windows, doors, objects, etc, along a sliding scale, to ensure the perfect fit
    -Split levels
    -Round walls
    -Paintable/decoratable ceilings
    -Skylights for roofs
    -Folding doors (not sliding- like the kind that folds like an accordion)
    -Better carpets! I rarely use the carpets, the patterns and textures aren't the most universal or.... Good....
    -SLOPED INTERIOR CEILINGS. PLEASE.
    -The ability to make Lots multifunctional- so you can own a storefront and live in the apartment above it (I think this could potentially be done by being able to choose 2 lot types from the initial dropdown, and then assign one type per floor)
    -A bit of a stretch, but I'd love animations for curtains- the ability to pull them open or closed, or up/down for blinds. And for that, we'd need curtains that better suit the multiple window types!
    -An exterior cellar door. Either stairs or a ladder is fine, but I'd like to be able to place that kind of sloped/hinged cellar door behind some of my houses, for exterior basement access!

And finally, the two things I want more than [b]anything[/b]:
    1. The ability to build walls on the dotted half-tiles, PLEASE, [i]PLEASE[/i]. It would make rooms way more realistic and allow for better use of space.
    2. The ability to use the space under the roof as a room!! Please let me make an attic for storage or a tiny little bedroom, it's all I want. It's just sitting there taking up so much space as is!!
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2021
    The ability to lower roof pieces so they can be placed on top of half walls
    The ability to add half walls without a top border
    For half walls to disappear like full walls do when not in full wall view
    The ability to use wallpaper on platform walls
    Proper skylights that can be placed on any roof like the solar panel can
    The ability to add a stair railing to only one side of stairs
    Kitchen cabinets that match the counters in Island Living and Snowy Escape
    Post edited by g01denswan on
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    Diagonal stairs
    Diagonal walls that don't make counter tops have a weird dark shadow on them.
    Pond and bridge tools
    Ability to change the lighting in build mode.
    Ability to bulldoze lots from the Manage Worlds screen
    More slots on surfaces.
    Update objects that should fit on surfaces, but don't without using MOO
    Reduce the footprint of a lot of objects. There's no need for them to be so large.
    Ability to raise/lower mirrors and resize them.
    Custom Collections folders
    Ability to place walls/fences right up to the edges of a lot.
    Cooktops slot into counters
    Agree about fireplaces working the same as closets.
    Also agree with building on 1/2 or 1/4 grids instead only being allowed to start on the edge of one grid square.
    More small sized end and coffee tables, dressers and dining tables.
    Ability to paint ceilings.
    Ability to put windows in foundations for basement lighting.
    Update objects so colors match each other in sets, i.e. counters/cupboards, chairs, couches/loveseats, end tables/beds/dressers, etc.
    Independent stair rails
    Spring board and slides for pools
    Triangular and/or half triangular windows
    Curved stairs and stair rails
    Update curtains so they don't snap to windows
    Rotate tool for objects, i.e. to make crooked paintings on walls, fallen over chairs, tables, lean things against walls, etc. Similar to the floating objects in the ROM GP if that helps to understand what I mean. :) There's a Mod called T.O.O.L. that does this I think, but I'd like it to be an option in-game.
    Matching gates for fencing.
    Added world flooring, edging, etc. so we can match up our lots with driveways, sidewalks, etc. that line the outer edges of lots.
    Corner objects, i.e. sinks, showers, shelving and/or bookcases, etc.
    Ability to knock out walls on roofing pieces like we can with some stairs
    Ability to curl eaves on rooves
    Snappable post lighting on fences. We have one base game fence with lights given in a patch. But I want to be able to put any outdoor light/lantern on fence posts without the need to use MOO to do it. TS2 had this option.
    Make potted plant sets independent from each other instead of just in a set.
    Free the plant that hangs down the side of a shelf that came with the Paranormal pack to use anywhere.
    Undercounter mini fridge

Honestly, I could go on forever, but I'll stop here.

Happy Simming! <3