Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Build-n-Share - The Hawthorne Project XIV - Due 31 Jan 2022

Comments

• chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > *wonders if we are going to get any entries for phase nine*

Just came upon this. Looks cool. I have a few that could apply, or may make something new. Might be a couple of days depending on my after work schedule though. When does phase nine close?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    chluke75 wrote: »
    > @BuildnShare said:

Just came upon this. Looks cool. I have a few that could apply, or may make something new. Might be a couple of days depending on my after work schedule though. When does phase nine close?

@chluke75 - phase nine doesn't close until the end of August hon, you have plenty of time!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > chluke75 wrote: »
    >
    > > @BuildnShare said:
    > > *wonders if we are going to get any entries for phase nine*
    >
    > Just came upon this. Looks cool. I have a few that could apply, or may make something new. Might be a couple of days depending on my after work schedule though. When does phase nine close?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @chluke75 - phase nine doesn't close until the end of August hon, you have plenty of time!!

@BuildnShare Awesome! Thanks.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited August 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE IX
    Name: Stephan Downey
    Traits: romantic, bookworm dog lover
    M/F/TG:TG
    Aspiration: Frinnd of the Animals

Spouses Name:N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: N/A
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name: NA
    Child 2 M/F/TG:
    Child 2 Traits:
    Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:N/A
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:
    Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hello. I hope you can help me. My name is Stephan Downey, and I need a new place to live. I want to make a new start for myself somewhere no one knows me from my old life. I'm a changed person, I've left behind my old, reckless behavior but no one in my old life will give me a second chance. I tried to find an apartment, but the places that allow pets hear "pit bull" and refuse us, never taking the time to see how sweet Nefertari is. She was abused and left at my old job, where I found and adopted her. Thank you for listening.

Tell us about your ideal home space:
    I don't ask for much, I only need one bedroom and maybe room to expand if I have the family I long for someday. A library would be nice. I'd like the colors and decor to remind me of my childhood home in the Caribbean. Also, a fenced yard for Nefertari. She may be named for a queen but she is easily frightened and I want her to feel safe.

Gallery link:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/773E5198A1DE11E880EA88F9CE25A5CF

bSGxwCi.png

dq5HSkR.png

image.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    > @BuildnShare said:

@chluke75 - phase nine doesn't close until the end of August hon, you have plenty of time!!

Oh! I wanted to enter but I saw the deadline is on the 31st of July. It is wrong then? You meant the 31st of August?
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    > @BuildnShare said:

Oh! I wanted to enter but I saw the deadline is on the 31st of July. It is wrong then? You meant the 31st of August?

@AIRIS6962 Yep - apologies, this was an error on our part, the deadline for Phase 9 is the 31st of August
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Oops wrong thread! Thanks for the nudge @TresaofPern :)
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Congrts to the winners! :)
    Though it looks like someone picked the wrong thread...
    image.png
  • Storiessims4Storiessims4 Posts: 260 Member
    > @Ainsleyf said:
    > OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE ONE
    > Name: Rima Al-Hadid
    > Traits: Neat, bookworm
    > M/F/TG: Female
    > Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    > Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Student - High School
    >
    > Spouses Name:N/A
    > M/F/TG:
    > Traits:
    > Aspiration:
    > Occupations (Or Former Occupation):
    >
    > Child 1 Name: Joram Al-Hadid
    > Child 1 M/F/TG: Male
    > Child 1 Traits: Loves the Outdoors
    > Child 1 Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
    >
    > Child 2 Name: Maya Al-Hadid
    > Child 2 M/F/TG: Female
    > Child 2 Traits: Clingy
    > Child 2 Aspiration: N/A
    >
    > Child 3 Name: N/A
    > Child 3 M/F/TG:
    > Child 3 Traits:
    > Child 3 Aspiration:
    >
    > Further children please list below:N/A
    >
    > Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your family, if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.
    >
    > My name is Edith Moskowitz and I'm writing on behalf of a young teen-aged girl that has earned my utmost admiration; My women's group has sponsored three orphaned refugees and collected the funds to bring them here. We've found homes for each of them, but the eldest, Rima, is unconsolable that she might be separated from her brother and sister, and we can't find anyone that can take all three. She's convinced she can do it on her own. She's a very responsible girl and has a very convincing plan on how to support her family. We've found a local coffee shop that will sell her paintings and a farmer's market that will buy anything she can grow. Her little brother, Joram, is even offering to catch fish for the local fishmonger. The women's group will provide day care so that Rima can continue with her schooling. I really think they have a very good chance and it would break my heart to disappoint them after all they've been through.
    >
    > Tell us about your ideal home space:
    >
    > They need a home that wouldn't be impossible for them to financially maintain, so nothing too fancy. Rima insists that they can all share a bedroom, but I think they should have at least two, and a bathtub for the toddler. They'd obviously need a place to cook and share family meals, toys and activities for the little ones, books, and an easel and garden for income. They'd also need a place to play and share family time. It should be cheerful and homey so that they feel safe and comfortable, and although the poor dears are very grateful to be here, they are homesick, so at least a touch of the Middle East in the architecture or decorations would be wonderful.
    >
    >

beautiful family
    edited September 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE IX
    Name: Dayana Lilard
    Traits: Music Lover, Family Oriented, Unflirty
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Housewife/Stay-at-home Mom

Spouses Name: @#$%^&*!! A.K.A. N/A (out of the picture)
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Alexis Lilard
    Child 1 M/F/TG: F
    Child 1 Traits: Loves Outdoors
    Child 1 Aspiration: Artist Prodigy

Child 2 Name: Kristi Lilard
    Child 2 M/F/TG: F
    Child 2 Traits: Wild
    Child 2 Aspiration: N/A (toddler)

Child 3 Name:
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Bun in the oven - Second Trimester - Unknown Sex

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

I married young, and we immediately began a family. I should have seen the signs then. How controlling he could be, how angry he would get over the slightest things. But he was so handsome, and I was in love. By the time it occurred to me what was really happening, we already had one child, and the second was on the way. I thought that as long as his abuse was directed at me, I could take it, for the sake of the children growing up in a whole family. And I did take it. It wasn't until a few years later, when I was now pregnant with our third child, that I realized the true danger of being with him. One morning, I noticed a bruise on Alexis' arm. At first, I thought my husband had finally flipped and started in on our children, and I was FURIOUS! But when I confronted Alexis about it, she told me it was from a boy at school. But what really made my heart break, is when she told me that it must mean the boy wants to marry her and have a family like me and daddy. It was time to go, and I am taking the kids with me.

The three of us are currently sharing a room at my mom's house in Brindleton Bay, but it's much too small for us, and worse, my husband will come looking. I don't have a job, or any real workable skills, but I am willing to find something. I used to play the guitar when I was younger, and have a little skill in that. I also think myself a decent cook, spending several years running the household. Maybe I can find something along those lines... Still, I expect money will be tight.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Even with the gift of a house, I know the future bills will still need to get paid. I'd like to have something with 3 bedrooms. The girls can share, but i don't want them being hassled every time the baby wakes in the night, and if it's a boy, we'll need the extra room as they grow. Two bathrooms would be nice, one for me and one for the kids, but it's not necessary. Eat-in Kitchen would be wonderful, and less space needed than a full dining room. And of course, a living room. Most importantly, is plenty of backyard space. I really want the kids to be able to spend lots of time playing outside, with maybe a swing, or some monkey bars. Definitely no pools though, the thought of one of my babies wandering in there unsupervised really scares me. A washtub and clothes line would be nice too. I could get some laundry done while keeping an eye on the kids play time. And maybe a little shady spot for me to sit and read too. (I have all packs available)

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH9

I do not have the capability to post links or images yet, so I will have to put the text link below, and it will have to be copy/paste to your browser. Hopefully this works correctly. If not, please let me know.

(Edit: tried to edit the link in now that I can post them, but it seems you can't put links in an edit. - I was at least able to remove the "space", so it can now be copied and pasted as is).

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DC3D6358A8A811E884EDA2A491BEBAA4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=chluke75&max=50&maxis=false
    Post edited by chluke75 on
    @BuildnShare is this still taking place, or have you decided to cancel the Hawthorne Project?
    @BuildnShare is this still taking place, or have you decided to cancel the Hawthorne Project?

Good question. I know the last one was from this summer, so there are at least two more waiting, if not three. I haven't looked a the thread lately because I have no ideas right now.
    image.png
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    @BuildnShare,
    I would like to enter my homeless sims into the Hawthorne Project. Can I assume phase IX is closed and should I enter them into phase X? Or should I wait for the official closing?
    Thanks!
    4Sanne wrote: »
    @BuildnShare,
    I would like to enter my homeless sims into the Hawthorne Project. Can I assume phase IX is closed and should I enter them into phase X? Or should I wait for the official closing?
    Thanks!

Dear @BuildnShare
    I know you are immensely busy at the moment, but if you can spare a moment to answer my question, I'd be really happy :smiley::#
    Thanks!
    @BuildnShare,
    Thanks!

Dear @BuildnShare
    I know you are immensely busy at the moment, but if you can spare a moment to answer my question, I'd be really happy :smiley::#
    Thanks!

Sorry @4Sanne ! I'm not sure how the Hawthorne project will be handled going forward, but please go ahead and enter your sims. Even if we don't have an official contest, we may end up using them for a future challenge <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare,
    Thanks!

Dear @BuildnShare
    Thanks!

Sorry @4Sanne ! I'm not sure how the Hawthorne project will be handled going forward, but please go ahead and enter your sims. Even if we don't have an official contest, we may end up using them for a future challenge <3

Thanks! I will! :smiley:
    edited November 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE X

iFygQPP.png
    Name: Lord Benjamin Thaddeus Ravenwood
    Traits: Loves outdoors - Romantic - Perfectionist
    M/F/TG: Male
    Aspiration: Renaissance sim
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Adventurer - Explorer - Inventor - Timetraveller (Former career: Scientist)

2kngIxB.png
    Spouses Name: Lady Elizabeth Genevieve Ravenwood
    M/F/TG: Female
    Traits: Bookworm - Creative - Loves outdoors
    Aspiration: Renaissance sim
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation): Adventurer - Explorer - Inventor - Timetraveller (Former career: Scientist)

Gallery link: Lord and Lady Ravenwood
    Click here for a tiny slideshow

Dear Lords and Lady's of the Hawthorne Project,
    Let me introduce myself; I am Lord Benjamin Thaddeus Ravenwood, adventurer, explorer, inventor and timetraveller. I am writing to you on behalf of my Lady Elizabeth Genevieve Ravenwood and myself.

My Lady and I have travelled here from the year 1881. We never intended to stay here for very long, but unfortunately our timemachine has broken down. We have been exploring your magnificent time, finding shelter in the parks and places that are called 'camping'. So far it has been a wonderful expreriance, despite our broken machine.

Given enough time we surely would be able to repair the apparatus, but our situation has recently changed. Eventhough we never have been lucky enough to conceive, my Lady Elizabeth is now with child. I am afraid the little one would not survive the harsh journey back in time even if we would be able to. We would never undertake an endeavor that could bring harm to our child, so we have decided we will have to stay in this century. At least until the child is old enough.

As far as I am concerned this centrury is a marvellous one, full of medical and technological wonders. Even if I sometimes wonder where all the steam is to power all of it.
    In the short months we have been here, we have explored the jungles of Selvadorada, traveled the precarious roads of Granite Falls, wandered the deserts of Oasis Springs, revelled in the beauty of Windenburg and marvelled at the great city of San Myshuno. We are enjoying the wild extravegance of this century and most of all the frankness of the people. The sensibilities of our own age never much agreed with us. Nevertheless, as expected, not every person is equally discerning. Some people in the city told us we were, -how did they put it?- 'Bloody cool Steampunks'. Of course, I checked, but we were neither cold nor bleeding at the time.

But I digress. I am writing because we are in need of a home. Now that we no longer are just the two of us, we need to make sure the little life we bring into this strange new world will have a good start. We were lucky to have been introduced to your wonderful project by a very friendly doctor of the San Myshuno Free Clinic, who then helped us though the bewildering process of 'downloading' and 'printing' the necessary papers that enabled me to write you this plea. They assured me the postal services are excellent and you will receive my writing within days!

There is still much to learn for us here and we will have to work hard to find a place in a time which is not our own so we can provide a stable living for our little one.

As far as the house is concerned, I am sure a simple roof over our heads will suffice. Nevertheless, Lady Elizabeth does miss the aestetics of our time. She also longs for the tranquillity of our old home in the country, where we were surrounded by nothing but nature. I must agree; everything here is very buzy and loud. If I could make one request it would be to live somewhere quiet. Maybe somewhere where I could fish and plant a fruit- and vegetable garden. I do not think we need this thing called 'electricity' everybody is talking about, we have always managed fine with a little steam from a good fire. I like to build things, so I will need a space to work on my inventions and see to repairing our timemachine in case we will want to go back someday.
    A woodfire and candles will do to warm ourselves and light the house. We can cook on a woodstove aswell. We would love to keep some animals, but I am not sure this is possible at this time.
    My Lady enjoys reading, painting and playing the violin. And of course we will need sufficient space and supplies for our child to grow up strong and smart like its parents.

We hope you will accept our humble request. Surely do not fear if this is not possible, above all we are adventurers, so we will rise to any challenge.

With highest regard,
    Lord and Lady Ravenwood.

P.S.
    If it is in any way helpful, we did not come here empty handed. We have a considerable amount of valuables we can invest in this home if needed. But we still cannot purchase a house regularly, for we do not have any of the necessary papers to do so.

2qNrmzN.png
    (Picture taken at Selvadorada Ashram)

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BNSPH10
    Post edited by 4Sanne on
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Looking forward to seeing all the Sims submissions!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE XI
    Name: Elspeth Cook
    Traits:Vegetarian, Adventurous
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration:Musical Genius
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): High School Student, I want to be a Teacher upon ageing up to young adult.

just me! no spouse, no children

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

My friend Jett and I were up to no good, again. We snuck into the Bridgeport Post Office. We found a stack of postcards next to a wormhole generator to the Sims 4 universe. Just for fun we tossed our backpacks through. We got confirmation that the transfer to the SIMs 4 universe was complete. We giggled with glee. Our backpacks had homework books, gym clothes and a change of clothes for a sleepover. Then I realized that in the Sims 4 universe they would figure out the owners of the backpacks and we would get in big trouble. Being quite small, I crawled through the wormhole generator to recover the backpacks.

Sims 3 Sims and Sims 4 Sims are not compatible. As such, I overwhelmed the machine. As soon as I got to the Sims 4 the wormhole generator caught fire. I realized all the mail would be soaked by the sprinklers and this would get me in huge trouble. I grabbed the backpacks and got out of there before the Fire Brigade arrived.

I have been on the run ever since. I have been staying in a tree fort in Magnolia Park. I wake up cold each morning and go workout and take a shower, I attend school online at the Library using the alias Lokey Drummer. After school hours I will sometimes paint at the museum. I busk. In the evening I dress up in clubwear and sneak through the back door to the Blue Velvet and get free chips. I use some of the money from selling my paintings to grill fruit. I have cobbled together a guitar for busking and bought an air mattress for my tree fort. I am going to be a young adult in two days.

Unbeknownst to Elspeth, one of her online teachers has figured out what is going on. Not wanting to alarm her, for fear she would bolt, he has not let on. In two days, he will go visit the algo rhythms and plead her case to get her the 20000 starting funds she should have gotten had she entered the game correctly. Once she becomes a young adult, she will no longer have to worry about being found out so as soon as she ages up, he will get the money to her.

I don’t know much about building but I think my teacher will be able to get me 20000 simoleons as long as I buy a lot. I would like a functional home on my new lot with the remaining funds after I buy the lot.
    I am open to having a home of 64 tiles or less for the skill gains multiplier.
    I like the aesthetic of the room Cosmic Clean from the room catalogue and would like a bathroom with some of those elements if possible.
    I will join the teacher career so I can improve the lives of Sim children just like my teachers helped me immensely. Their kindness made being alone and destitute bearable. I will need a home office for teaching online. I can’t teach online from the library for the sake of the privacy of the student.

Please make the exterior of my house any colour but off-white.

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BnSTHPXI

Elspeth's Outfits

BXa0sr3.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER Oh this is so clever! I love the thought of our sims jumping games and living out in the wild without us knowing, properly made me laugh 😆 I wish my mind worked like this but I’m awful at creating stories haha...makes me enjoy those of others so much more though! Your Elspeth looks perfect too :)
    Thank you so much @AliSim19 To be fair the whole story is pretty crazy.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited April 2021
    UNDER REVISION
    Post edited by AfterMidnight on
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited April 2021
    So I posted right at midnight, oops. And I forgot to link them, but they can be found here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E30FDA8F929A11EB81FF18444CEE1D1E?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnSTHPXI&max=50&maxis=false

Honestly I think you should go with Jojomomster since they were on time while I ran out with mine c,: I thought it was the 30th and rapidly threw the ending together when I realized what day it was. :# But if you want to use mine for a future BnS, feel free! Let me know if you do; I'll probably tweak parts of it and fix the ending so that the conclusion is proper like I wanted instead of rushed.
    Post edited by AfterMidnight on
    @AfterMidnight ahhhhhh a cliffhanger!

Your story made me laugh out loud in a couple spots like going to buy an orchid, it starts to look a little rough, oh I’ll bring that over to Farin. The description of the dreadful spiteful woman was pretty good too.

For what it’s worth, I would love to read about what they would like for a home.

Cheers!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER and @AfterMidnight love both your stories and think they would make fantastic future challenges :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited June 2021
    5nd1sli.png

BnS Hawthorne Project phase XI is now closed
    We have sent your requests to Ms. Hawthorne for her consideration.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top