Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of these international locations would you want most?

Comments

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    What about Greece, I am curious how EA can put this style of housing in TS4. I have concerns that Greek Island will have a tons of fake buildings.

7536991Master.jpg

santorini-iStock_000004337831Large-620x413.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Greek Island
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    What about Greece, I am curious how EA can put this style of housing in TS4. I have concerns that Greek Island will have a tons of fake buildings.

We always get fake buildings, so I wouldn't worry about that. We can build that type of buildings on slopes on lots, if they want to make it look like a mountain of buildings they could just place the usable lots at the base of their mountain. However, not all of Greece is like that, there is flat land there as well.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    South African Bush
    Onverser wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Wheres my beautiful little Scotland 🤣, I cant see it 😂

Wouldn't a Scottish world just be the same as Windenburg? The landscapes are pretty much exactly the same

Last time someone mixed up Britain and Germany things went bad ;)

Definitely. Scotland is unique and that's why geologists all over the world come here. I think looks wise Scotland has more mellow colours, due to the varieties of rocks, from yellows, muted oranges, through the spectrum to purples and blues, from everything from sandstones to granites. We've brought in so many trees and plants from the travellers in the 17th century on to their vast estates here that the tree colours in Autumn are breathtaking. If you went on a tour here in Autumn you would see what I mean!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited February 2021
    South African Bush
    I have concerns that Greek Island will have a tons of fake buildings.
    crocobaura wrote: »

We always get fake buildings, so I wouldn't worry about that

this is exactly why I don't want it.
    sick of having shells for neighbors

wouldn't be against ancient greek thingies but i dont want 90% of world to be just for aesthetics

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I have concerns that Greek Island will have a tons of fake buildings.
    crocobaura wrote: »

We always get fake buildings, so I wouldn't worry about that

this is exactly why I don't want it.
    sick of having shells for neighbors

wouldn't be against ancient greek thingies but i dont want 90% of world to be just for aesthetics

agreed
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    7536991Master.jpg

santorini-iStock_000004337831Large-620x413.jpg

That's my biggest worry with the idea of international worlds to be honest, our houses aren't as spread out as American houses so it's tricky to make a world that's realistic whilst also avoiding it becoming a ghost town full of fake shell buildings. I think Greece could potentially work well though as a lot of places are more rural and spread out
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    Scobre wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    Let’s go for an Irish Coastal Village instead shall we 😋? A little village run by small, bearded men in green coats and funny hats.
    The landscape would be surrounded by misty islands that your sim can visit after drinking too much fermented potato juice.
    Once your sim reaches one of the islands -it takes a lot of potato juice, no glimmer stones allowed- your sim can find a portal which will teleport him or her or they or it to the Other Worlds. These Other Worlds are full of fairies and dragons. And pubs run by werewolves.

yess i'd love a fairytale kind of pack, and Ireland seems very suitable for it! also, we could get a Celtic music radio station too. <3
    I think Iceland would work too. I enjoy some movies and some music that was performed there and always felt magical. Norway did too.
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F28%2F2017%2F03%2Fmount-kirkjufell-iceland-northern-lights-INSTAICELAND0317.jpg&q=85

iStock-840781672-1.jpg

I think that's where Sims 3's Aurora Skies and Hidden Springs were inspired by! It looks very similar

World_TABDetails_HiddenSprings.jpg
    World_TABStandard_2_AuroraSkies.jpg
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Icelandic Town
    More Nordic representation I say!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Argentinian Vineyard
    Um...I actually don't know. I feel like we already have those kind of places already. It'd be nice to get like a vacation spot like we had from Sims 3, like the desert one, the one after Paris or the third one which I'm totally spacing out on. lol
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Caribbean Island
    I want a Caribbean island similar to Puerto Rico because most of my family lives there and I haven’t been able to go since 2012.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cambodian Floating Village
    Um...I actually don't know. I feel like we already have those kind of places already. It'd be nice to get like a vacation spot like we had from Sims 3, like the desert one, the one after Paris or the third one which I'm totally spacing out on. lol
    From World Adventures, that would be Egypt. Actually was one of my favorite worlds of that pack. That was fun when EPs could get multiple worlds.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    From World Adventures, that would be Egypt. Actually was one of my favorite worlds of that pack. That was fun when EPs could get multiple worlds.

and budget wasn't an excuse
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Greek Island
    Stan Greece (Specifically Santorini)
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    I was torn between Italian and Icelandic Town. monte Vista and Aurora Skies were my favorites in Sims 3. But I'm sure there are players who won't want them for that reason because they've already been done.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Greek Island
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I want the Ancient Greek revival version, nothing modern.

So do I.

Also, I'd love to see some Russian culture, national clothes and architecture some day.
  • REDLOCDIVAREDLOCDIVA Posts: 1 New Member
    Moroccan Town
    Moroccan Town or Greek town. Absolutely!
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    South African Bush
    telmarina wrote: »
    I voted for SA bush because i want a western african world so much! But i'ld love anything' "vyneards", the brazilian city and any mediterranean location.

South Africa is famous for its vineyards! I say combine and do the best of both! I think an African inspired world is way overdue in the Sims.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    South African Bush
    I'll be happy with any of these worlds - as long as they come with lots of LOTS! EA, stop being so stingy with the lots!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    South African Bush
    zensluv wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I voted for SA bush because i want a western african world so much! But i'ld love anything' "vyneards", the brazilian city and any mediterranean location.

South Africa is famous for its vineyards! I say combine and do the best of both! I think an African inspired world is way overdue in the Sims.

Oh cool! Yes, an african world is really overdue!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Greek Island
    I voted for the Greek Island but I'd also want the Italian Coastal Town, South African Bush & Caribbean. I'd really take any of these because I'd like more global worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • PequenasiestaPequenasiesta Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Beardedgeek said:
    > The houses are very distinctly different. The distinct fasads with visible beams is something you basically only see in a line from Germany thru Denmark and up to the very southern parts of Sweden (which was part of Denmark for many centuries). Windenburg IS an amalgam of European cities, but it's like 80% German, 10% French, 10% Dutch. There is nothing Eastern European, English or say Italian about it.

There’s a small village near Edinburgh that has similar architecture to Windenburg that I think Windenburg may be based off of especially since they have something similar to the Loch Ness monster.

https://a.cdn-hotels.com/gdcs/production189/d937/7de48f5e-13b3-4dc4-ac51-555713584057.jpg?impolicy=fcrop&w=800&h=533&q=medium

There’s very few of that type of architecture but I feel like they saw the few that there was and ran with it.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited February 2022
    Why not represent a part of sub-saharan Africa that isn't largely white for a change? I notice there has been all the focus on everywhere else in the world, but when it comes to Africa it has to be either Egypt (sims3, and it was nice) or suggestions like South Africa. Why not Ghana, why not Kenya?

Eta I don't mean that Egypt is largely white, but that both Egypt and South Africa are not good representations of the peoples living on the majority of the subcontinent and its weird that we look everywhere else but there. It's a big hole in our gaze.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited February 2022
    South African Bush
    I voted African Bush because it would be more outlandish. But I was thinking deep jungle, and we already have that in Jungle Adventures. Still, I pictured it like a habitable place, and not only a destination world. But it's hard to picture a rich sim in a bush when all our build/buy catalogue is filled with modern stuff. It was fun in Castaway Stories though.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Icelandic Town
    Iceland. :heart: An Icelandic town would be so different and amazing. There is so much they could add in the Sims for a pretty Icelandic inspired town like Vikings, Icelandic names, waterfalls, volcanos, mountains, glaciers, Icelandic horses and reindeer, traditional holiday decoration items, traditional food, beaches, more winter hot drinks.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Greek Island
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Iceland. :heart: An Icelandic town would be so different and amazing. There is so much they could add in the Sims for a pretty Icelandic inspired town like Vikings, Icelandic names, waterfalls, volcanos, mountains, glaciers, Icelandic horses and reindeer, traditional holiday decoration items, traditional food, beaches, more winter hot drinks.

Also, Bjork music station. :love: