Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many premade households!! Which ones do you delete with no regrets? 😅

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    For me it depends on the save, but for the most part I delete the following:
    Pleasant sisters - I use a TS2 version of the whole family in my saves
    Harris family from eco - I just don’t find them interesting
    Baby Ariel - it bugs me that she never ages
    Katrina Caliente - I keep my families from TS2 as close to the originals as possible, and she wasn’t in that version
    Rasoya - I don’t find them interesting, and like to use their apartment.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    I delete all the households in Evergreen Harbor except the Harris family, Alex Moyer, Baby Ariel, and Jade Rosa of Partihaus. I also delete all but 1-3 of Catarina's cats since she gets married off via MCCC and the household gets too full for her and her spouse to have kids.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would have replaced premades with sims created by me if i had that kind of energy, but i dont so they get to stay to populate the worlds.... for now. I would probably delete most of them with zero regrets, but i feel there has to be a few that i might come to like 🤔
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    It depends on what I want to do. For legacies, I usually keep them all to have a spouse pool to pull from during the first two generations (I can never find Sims on the Gallery that I like...). I'm also currently building up my "own" save, where I rebuild worlds and populate them with my own households, so I deleted every premade for that.

The only premade I actually really like is Summer Holiday, because she's always so sweet in all my games. I'd also keep the Pancakes since they're meme material.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I delete them in varying amounts in different saves, all depending on my mood at the moment. I have never, not even once, regretted deleting any of them. :D
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Sharonia so you don't keep a schedulle, i assume? How can you keep up with so many stories?

I've been playing each family for one sim year on the calendar with my seasons set to 14 days so they all age along with each other. I haven't actually finished one rotation through all of the families yet despite me playing the same save for more than a year and half so it's not that difficult keeping up with stories. Once I've done a full rotation and have every family played I plan to adjust the amount of time I play them before rotating as it's taken a lot longer that I thought it would. :D
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    It depends, of course. If I’m doing the city, the Raysoas, Benali and Lobo get booted out. Lobo and Benali often get deleted outright.

I will frequently change Johnny Zest for my own Teen Runaway version, even if I’m not playing him. I make him related to the Landgraabs per their biographies. It’s not the same as deleting really and I do like Johnny. His cannon in my own games/head have just altered a bit is all. Plus he’s on that huge lot...

Everyone else is pretty safe, come to think of it. I basically ignore most of the premades. For example, I’ve never done anything with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household and very rarely anything with the various roomie households (Summer Holiday, Marcus Flex, Gavin Richards etc etc etc)
    I once made a whole blog about the Pancakes after I gave them slight makeovers. They really seem to be love or hate for the community I think.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I deleted all except the Landgraabs!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Honestly, each and everyone besides those having NPC's roles. I prefer having my own families in the world. Sometimes I think it would be fun having premade save and rotation... But that's too much for me. Like TS2 Uberhood idea I've never managed to end even the first rotation round.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I delete them all. Always.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Baby Ariel be gone and Alex Moyer because they won't age or die.
    Then that alto girl.
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    All of them except the Goths, Vatore and Vlad
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Ward.

I dunno, I just don't like Judith. I legit have the Sim I replace her with remove her tile in front of Studio PBP as well, and try to pretend that premade never even existed. I can make more fun 'known to be bad' kind of celebrities myself. And with Vintage Glamour plus that dress that Judith wears, only then in a different swatch then hers? I can definitely make a prettier-looking actress of an older age with an old Hollywood glam kind of look. Of an actual Elder age that looks like she aged gracefully. Like, you'd actually believe she's that universe's Marylin Monroe if you saw her somewhere.

...Not to mention I bulldoze that monster mansion that Judith lives in without even a shred of guilt. Down with that eyesore!
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I don't delete them. I just ignore and never play with any of them. I don't mind having them in the background. But I wouldn't be shy about deleting any and all of them if they got on my nerves.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I either delete them all or none. I will occasionally cull the single sims the game spawns as townies so that the game doesn't cull any of my own created townies.

What I will do though is move them around and steal their houses. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I keep a few families with kids, but they always get makeovers. One day my Sims will have kids and they're going to want a friend or two. The rest that have been hanging out since the beginning are deleted before I play each new save. How many times must I play a save that has the Laandgrabs and Goths, the Pancakes, Darren Dreamer and Dustin Broke? Not to mention the Calientes and Don Lothario. Or Marcus Flex. Nope. I have played with all of them lurking in the background for nearly seven years, and it has become so boring seeing the same characters over and over. Even the premades that came in the newer packs are deleted. I prefer to create my own Sims and populate the worlds with Sims that fit into whatever story I want to play. Most prebuilt houses and venues are deleted as well. I find ones that I like on the Gallery, remodeling each one to my taste, plus I have become more interested in building my own lots so I am downloading fewer lots off the Gallery lately. It does take time to accomplish all of this, but in the end creating your own Sims and redoing the worlds gets the imagination flowing. I think it is one of the reasons why I have stayed with Sims4 this long.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Pipping in to say as someone who plays with the premades, I just make the saddest cries when I hear the term deletion. Probably because I'm having fun with everyone.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I dont delete premades, I normally let them just die off by old age or my evil sim "kills" them 🤣🤣
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    Pipping in to say as someone who plays with the premades, I just make the saddest cries when I hear the term deletion. Probably because I'm having fun with everyone.

yeah many of them are actually fun to play if you give them a chance :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have always been one for playing my CAS sims even though several times they have taken up with a pre-made. That's okay, depending on the pre-made. I just ignore most of them, some are good friends with my simmies.

Just recently the Charms have intrigued me and I started playing them, also spellcasters number high in my saves. I aged Minerva down to an adult and Darrel and Gemma are ya and teen. I was very impressed that Gemma had a B in high school and a parttime job. The most obvious questions for me are, where is Minerva's husband and why do Darrel and Gemma look so radically different, different fathers maybe. Anyway, I am having lots of fun playing them. Something I don't plan to make a habit of, lol.

Edit to add, I did not touch their noses or freckles. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I used to delete them all, but a few months back I gave them makeovers (took several days to get everyone) and saved them into my library.
    Now I just use these versions any time I create a new game. I also tend to change personalities depending on how I'm feeling during a save.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2021
    None of them, but I don’t play them either I just put them into the unplayed bit in manage household and let the majority of them die out as a background townie/npc. Some I will even evict from their homes. It’s only the odd few I will play with and that’s if I like them the main ones have been the goths, Cameron fletcher and Nishidake household from snowy escape
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you all for your imput :)

I'm keeping 36 premade households.

I've deleted 22 households 👇
    - karaoke legends
    - benali
    - delgato
    - bailey moon
    - sigworth
    - hoapil
    - ngata
    - charm
    - amicable acolytes
    - fletcher
    - elderberry
    - best of friends
    - harris
    - greenburg
    - tinker
    - bff
    - zest
    - roomies
    - free spirits
    - bro
    - ito
    - nishidake

I've moved 6 homeless sims to a brand new nome :) 👇
    - flemming
    - fabulous
    - mahi'ai
    - morgyn
    - faba
    - mckinnon
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Alex Moyer and Baby Ariel. I usually leave the others alone.