Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Toddlers and children can tell a story to a snowpal. So cute.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Apparently you can read a book and jog at the same time 🤔
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Filling up pet bowls increases a child's responsibility.

Generic lots are handy for creating storage facilities. I downloaded a junk shop, changed the lot type to generic and have my sims dump their collectibles there. Then my materialistic sims can visit to pick up a new item and my kleptomaniac sims can steal. And because the lot is generic, it needs no requirements and no NPCs visit.

The only drawback is clubs cannot gather there.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yardsales FTW

I recently started using the yard sale mechanic with a sales table up front... because at least 50% of all items in game that is not furniture can be sold on it.

Everything from Rewards from Scored Events to Selvadorada Treasures? Yes. Mark them up to 300% and suddenly that not only do your wothless wedding gifts and that romantic champagne bottle you get one-per-date become worth a ton of cash (selling a champagne bottle for 1500? yes please). But the big kicker is not to get rid of junk for more profit than before, it's the valuable stuff. Sulani treasure? Yes. That 8 000 - 12 000 golden frog from the Final Chest in the Jungle Temple? YES. Say hi to 24 - 36 000 for one item!! Not to mention that all other treasures you picked up along the way can be sold on the table as well...!

To put things in perspective: A three night trip to Sulani with two Sims with 0 rating in Archeology ended up netting, after expenses, 80 000.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Guidtry runs away when Temperace shows up but if you still have Bonehilda summoned, Bonehilda will claim the win in a fight each time with her until your medium skill is maxed. You need to best Temperance in a fight.
    e043aaffcacf9fc22969e3469146db8eaba33cb0.png
    She is Guidry's ex? What happens if you romance him in front of her
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited February 2021
    I found out there's a way to have your sim get pregnant by a Ghost or Grim Reaper.
    First you get the Ghost or Grim Reaper added to your family, then fill up the relationship bar.
    (I always prefer the ModifyRelationship cheat)
    Then have the Ghost or Grim Reaper remove their trait & try for baby with their human lady.
    REMEMBER to pause in the middle of their woohoo to equip their personal trait back. This will most likely get your lady sim to have a very special baby. If she didn't get pregnant the 1st time, just repeat the process again & she will.

I only play Vanilla, you don't need mods/MCCs for this.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I didn't know the Sims 4 have a TV remote, and that its like the one on my RL house.

7EdmSSa.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I found out there's a way to have your sim get pregnant by a Ghost or Grim Reaper.
    First you get the Ghost or Grim Reaper added to your family, then fill up the relationship bar.
    (I always prefer the ModifyRelationship cheat)
    Then have the Ghost or Grim Reaper remove their trait & try for baby with their human lady.
    REMEMBER to pause in the middle of their woohoo to equip their personal trait back. This will most likely get your lady sim to have a very special baby. If she didn't get pregnant the 1st time, just repeat the process again & she will.

I only play Vanilla, you don't need mods/MCCs for this.

I'm glad that loophole still exists and works! It's how I got my interesting children who were begotten by the Reaper, and found out that the genetics is weird: one of them was a pretty girl with the dusky Reaper skin color (it appeared on her like a dark grey because her skin was also affected by her mother, Cassandra Goth) but otherwise normal, whereas her brother, also the Reaper's son by Cassandra Goth, had ginger hair and pale skin, but the strange inhuman-looking "reaper face: that all reapers had when unmasked: huge eyes, and a genderless, baby-like face with an eery expressionless gaze.

It's how I got this avi of the Reaper deep-kissing a Sim who is half-alien. I was going to see what came of that union. Got to get into that save again and find out.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    If you have Realm of Magic, bb.showhiddenobjects will allow you to place portals on your lot.

There are three portals, each with an entrance and an exit. If your sim walks through one, they come out of the other, regardless of where it is. It makes for some really creative builds! :)

(They’re the same portals that connect the floating islands in the Magic Realm. They won’t connect with portals on other lots.)
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    This thread is like a blessing to me. There are a lot of things I didn't know.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    If you have Realm of Magic, bb.showhiddenobjects will allow you to place portals on your lot.

There are three portals, each with an entrance and an exit. If your sim walks through one, they come out of the other, regardless of where it is. It makes for some really creative builds! :)

(They’re the same portals that connect the floating islands in the Magic Realm. They won’t connect with portals on other lots.)

Wow this is great!!
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    It's probably been mentioned before, but yesterday while playing I noticed the laptop in my Sims house was broken. I was about to call the repair person when some guy came to the door and offered to fix it for my sim. My sim invited him in and he went straight upstairs and repaired the computer, no charge, like a nice neighbor.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yeah, those portals really come in handy for my Star Trek Voyager home.
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    you can make a sim be the grim reaper (or make a grim reaper a normal sim) by using traits.equip_trait grimreaper/traits.remove_trait grimreaper cheat
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I was today years old when I found out that sims could watch and cheer their kids playing on monkey bars.

wuBvQ0p.png
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

I absolutely love this! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Nice! I may do this, at least in my "magic-user" homes to replace stairs and/or ladders. Since they are magic anyways. ;)
    Are these portals one-way or two-way (like in the magic realm)?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited February 2021
    I never had an npc vampire autonomously ask my sim if she wants eternal life (become a vampire).
    This was so cool, so unexpected.
    I said YES!! 😁😁
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Some small things I've found:

- Kids can share a bed with their parents
    - Cats and dogs comes with lot traits that enable you to have cats and dogs occasionally visit your lot
    - There's a crown item in build buy that your sim can wear, and when you fuse a crystal with it it gives them special perks temporarily
    - (Mod related) If you have the TOOL mod you can change the exterior windows and doors of apartments
    - With Seasons, you can add "wear costumes" as a holiday tradition and everyone in the world will wear Halloween costumes and your sims can chose which Halloween costume they want to wear!
    - If your sim is in the scientist career you can create a freeze ray and turn other sims to ice.
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

- Cats and dogs comes with lot traits that enable you to have cats and dogs occasionally visit your lot
    - There's a crown item in build buy that your sim can wear, and when you fuse a crystal with it it gives them special perks temporarily
    - (Mod related) If you have the TOOL mod you can change the exterior windows and doors of apartments
    - With Seasons, you can add "wear costumes" as a holiday tradition and everyone in the world will wear Halloween costumes and your sims can chose which Halloween costume they want to wear!
    - If your sim is in the scientist career you can create a freeze ray and turn other sims to ice.

you can also upgrade the freeze ray to transform someone and mind control them
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

you can also upgrade the freeze ray to transform someone and mind control them

The SimRay has more upgradable attributes the higher your scientist is in the career. The more notable ones aside from freezing include transforming objects at lv3 as well as what @GrimReaper1744 said, mind control (lv4-9) and transforming sims at lv10.
    Transformed objects will stay as the new object, but the object transformed will only be around the same price range as the object it was transformed from; I tested this a while back when I tried to make money purely from transforming objects. Needless to say I lost more money than gained lmao
    Transformed sims are temporary, so any cosmetic changes won't stay forever.
    edited February 2021
    I didn't know that Mahi'ai has over a million simoleons and Father Winter has half a million!! Also the sages have 50k simoleons each, instead of the regular 20k that other homeless have...

I've figured this out because i have moved this sims into homes for the first time 😅
    edited February 2021
    I didn't know that nap's npc voting only happen in your active household when playing with aging off for all but the active household... the rest of the neighbourhoods will only start voting when i play them. Otherwise they don't get naps.

When i played with aging on for all sims, the voting happened in all neighbourhoods during the first 4 weeks of play, all at once, even if i never played in some neighbourhoods...
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    The Father Winter's Baby special trait can pass to Father Winter's grandchildren.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited February 2021
    If your sim had gotten the good manners trait there is an option when meeting new sims for a 'Polite Introduction'. A handshake for the msot part, but relationship REALLY jumps up like almost a third when doing this interaction making it easy to make new friends. About two interactions later and both sims were already friends. :p

Proper sims regret doing mean interactions and will be tense from doing so. Had went to have my sim apologize when I noticed there was an option for a sincere apology that you can use if your sim has the Conflict Resolution trait. Doing this you can apologize without fail and get that relationship back up, especially if you have it in the red.

Responsible sims can also teach younger sims how to be responsible which will boost up their responsibility value. :)

On another note sims with emotional control can also calm the emotions of other sims to help them go down if they're feeling tense, sad, or angry.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top