Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    Update 42 - Let's go to the mall!

KAtY974.png

Notes:
    Mario and Jules came home from school in need of some serious entertainment. Mario was bored, and Jules had an embarrassed mood swing.
    bxPfSiz.png

I sent Mario to a club meeting with the Spin Masters.
    nC5oHe7.png

And Jules headed off to the mall to meet Tori and Wolfgang. (Quick refresher on Tori's story, since I don't expect you to remember all my little details - she is the sole provider for her toddler sister since her parents both passed away)

"Sorry, I had to bring my little sister. Her daycare closed early today," Tori told her. "You look seriously bummed out. Are you okay?"
    WCHtkH6.png

"Just a long day," Jules replied. She wasn't sure exactly what was bothering her, school had just felt extra long, and she was in a bummer of a mood.

"Well I'm gonna go play some games," said Wolfgang, obviously not in the mood to talk about sensitive things like feelings.
    QFQav87.png

Tori led Jules into a store a few doors down. "I have the perfect idea, this will cheer you up for sure! This store does piercings on the second floor, and we are totally gonna go get nose studs!"
    ZVgNCqp.png

"What about your sister?" Jules asked as Tori led her toward the stairs, before she could even think of a proper response to Tori's sudden idea.
    sxIvkbX.png

"Eh, she'll be fine..."
    quZXZkt.png

Jules wasn't sure she wanted a nose stud, but after Tori went first, she thought it was rather cute and perhaps just the perfect fun little touch she needed to spice up her wardrobe.
    WjWNHkt.png

As they walked back down the steps, they were greeted by a commotion right outside the store. Tori's little sister was having a tantrum, and it looked like some poorly dressed townies were rather concerned.
    6BJRMID.jpg

"I'd better go," Tori sighed as she picked May up off the floor. "Sorry to ditch you, but she's a mess, and it looks like she needs her diaper changed and I totally forgot to bring any extras."
    ByXVOvX.jpg

Jules bid Tori farewell. Poor Tori, her life was truly chaotic. She wandered around the mall, not quite ready to go home and face the monotony of a night of homework just yet. She stepped into a small music shop and looked around. She had a guitar at home, but Mario kept asking to borrow it since he didn't have his own guitar, so she decided to purchase another one.
    XTMg8QI.png

Jules headed back up to the upper level of the mall, only to bump into a familiar face, a face that always seemed to wear an unpleasant expression when she was around. (Also I really wanted to open those food stalls and make it feel more like a food court, but the vendors I hired never showed up, UGH)
    vlgJqSs.jpg

"Hey, Brittany," Jules said, a feeling of annoyance suddenly blossoming inside of her. "And hi, Becca," she turned toward Brittany's sister and gave her a small smile. She couldn't remember her brothers' names, but she nodded toward them. Tori had mentioned that Brittany and her siblings often hung out at the mall. They were a club of their own - the Quad Squad. ("More like Brittany and her minions," Tori had informed her with an eye roll.)

"Hello, Jules," Brittany said sweetly, rearranging her face into a more pleasant expression. "I'm so glad you and Mario made it to my Halloween party last weekend. Your costumes were simply darling."
    hK06J3E.jpg

"Thank you?" Jules replied skeptically.

"Is that nose stud new? I'd get one, but I hear that they can leave a scar if you ever want to let them close up," she replied, her voice thick with a sweetness that was hardly sincere. Of course, Brittany would never want to ruin her perfect face.

Jules didn't know what to say, but she knew she didn't want to continue this conversation any longer. "I'll see you at school tomorrow," she told Brittany and her siblings.

Jules wandered into a nearby store - a candle store by the looks of it. It smelled wonderful, but she still felt her irritation growing. Brittany always managed to get under her skin, but she did it in such a subtle way that Jules could never quite say that she had been overtly rude. Jules always left her encounters with Brittany feeling a little unsure of herself though.
    MhA3qji.png

Just then, the door to the candle shop swung open.
    VLEtUGC.jpg

"Hey, Becca," Jules greeted her, feeling her irritation wane.

"Hey, Jules," Becca smiled back at her. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Jules nodded, and they settled onto a couch in the corner of the store.

Becca spoke, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry that Brittany isn't always the nicest. I've always followed her lead - she's just been bossy since we were all little." Here, she laughed a bit. "But these days, I get tired of just hovering in the background while she makes rude comments toward people who don't deserve it. You're really nice, and I hope that we can be friends."
    YFqUrmO.png

Jules felt a genuine smile span across her face, feeling a bit less alone and even a bit sorry for Becca, who had to deal with Brittany far more often than she did. "I like you, too," Jules assured her. "And I won't hold anything Brittany does against you. But if you ever need a little break, let me know - I just joined a club of girls from school and they're always looking for new members. They're called the Curiosity Club, and basically we're just a group of girls who love to be creative and discover new things. Chloe Tanaka is the leader, and she told me I'm welcome to invite anyone along to the meetings to check it out. We're meeting at the Quad Manor tomorrow after school if you want to come check it out!"
    K0f6RRW.png
    (Lol, ignore the sparkles and lightbulbs, which were especially intrusive in this shot, the lot has the convivial trait. Hopefully it is building Jules' charisma as she still needs to bump up one more level)

"I'd really love that!" Becca replied. "I'll see you there tomorrow for sure!"

Jules went home after that, and I brought Mario back home too. Jules had a school project I hadn't noticed earlier, so she did that and homework all night until I sent her and Mario to bed. Jules actually got bumped up to a B student too today, yay! Also Mario thinks her nose stud is cute, but I've already posted far too much today and didn't need to include more pictures or text haha.

This song always pops into my head when I think of the mall, so I thought I'd share it haha. Any other "How I Met Your Mother" fans here? :)

Post edited by permanentrose on
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose
    I really liked this episode! I think Becca is probably my favourite from your characters, even with Jules - she's just so nice and I really feel for her, with how she feels about her sister. I wonder how the boys view it? Do they even notice she's being mean?

Also, yes, I'm also a big fan of HIMYM and I love the Robin Sparkles storyline. That reveal was amazing!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited February 2021
    I always just copied my text from my website (where I keep everything together). Because of some lazy lay-out problem, there are no breaks in the story. Today I tried using breaks and copying my text from my notes instead of from my website. Is this easier to read for you guys? Please let me know ^^
    February 11
    02-11-21-4-14-16-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    “Thank you for coming over today. It’s nice to finally see you in person, Johnny”

Johnny smiled. “I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it previously, but I’m happy that I’m here today!”.

Eliza smiles back, but then her face goes serious and she starts looking at me. That’s scary… She’s so different when she’s in work mode. I prefer non-working Eliza.

“Bryon. When we talked to each other for the first time, you told me that your relationship with the victim was rather complicated. You told me ‘it was nothing important’, but I guess it is. What’s your exact relationship with Randi Eldridge?”

I’m going blank. Why is she suddenly firing these questions to me?

“Bryon, are you alright?”, Naoki whispers.
    “No…”.

Eliza heard that. “What’ up, Bryon? Feeling a little hot under the feet?”
    “… Why should I feel that way? I just lived with my father until recently—”

Then it comes to me.

“Are you… Suspecting me?”
    ”I still have a lot of research to do, but yes, I suspect you”

At least that’s an honest answer? But still, a shock. Both Naoki and Johnny jump out of their chairs. They can’t believe what’s happening right now.
    “Bryon would never do something like this!”
    “He never even met his mother!!”

Eliza grins. “Now I even suspect him more. I mean - look at this note. ‘We have a lot to catch up on’?”
    “Detective. When would he be able to do something like this? He’s constantly around people! I LIVE with him!”
    “That can be right, but as a matter of facts, Bryon showed up in a club on the same day as when the victim disappeared - who also had visited the club that day”

I don’t know what to say. Yes, I was at that club, but how would I know that my mother was also —

A flashback goes through my mind. Paolo said something about seeing me as a girl. Oh no. She was really there that day?

“Something up, Bryon?”
    “This is all a misunderstanding. Something just came to my mind. My friend saw ‘me dressed as a girl’ downstairs that day, but I was upstairs with my friends from the club. I have an alibi.

Eliza finally looks up from her screen. “I’ll look into that, but in the meantime I’m keeping you here”
    “Wait. He can’t go home?!”
    “I’m sorry, Naoki, but once you become a suspect…”

“How am I suddenly the suspect?! I’m trying to HELP my brother, not DESTROY him?! Ask Marcus! He was there too!!”

Eliza just takes out her phone.
    “Security. Please come get a suspect for me and put him in jail for the night.”
    “WHAT?! YOU CAN’T DO THAT!!”
    “Yes, I can. And please keep in mind that everything you do, can be used against you”

Extra photo's
    45cm4Mk.png
    Eliza being busy making notes of everything. She's really in working mode now, lol.

iwZFrAu.png
    Her stare is even a little scary if you ask me. Yeah, I prefer non-working Eliza too.

qyU1a19.png
    This face was just priceless. He's so sad because of what's happening! :(

uZhKCHh.png
    Bryon in his flashback moment.

93uam7Q.png
    And now he's getting annoyed...

BFO5UAA.png
    And now he's angry.

I don't have pictures of him being taken away to jail for the night because I was too lazy to make them hehe.

---

Behind the scenes (also without pictures):

Just like that, Bryon was taken away by security. There was only one thing Naoki and Johnny could possibly do… Watch it happening. “Naoki, Johnny. You can leave. I’ll contact you when I have more information”. The two leave the office, totally dumbstruck.

Johnny: "What just happened?"
    Naoki: "I don't know.. It still looks like a joke to me. Is that woman really a high praised detective?"
    Johnny: "I should call the Partihaus members for an emergency meeting. Fast."
    Naoki: "Can I perhaps join for this one time?"
    Johnny: "Sure. You're also in this now!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member

@AlwaysAsking ,
    That is no way to set a good example to impressionable young teenagers! Lol
    Let's not blame poor Joey anymore, after all it is my fault forgetting to give him new pants :p I did remember to do with The Dash.
    Do you know if it works for singing too?
    To Melody it does, maybe because she is creative :)
    But, you know, my poor Don has been kicked around a bit. Now I watch out for him everywhere
    Hehe, but at least he delivered that food fast :)
    And wow, in this recent update, goodness, my Sims are following Melody everywhere! Is she a Super Star yet? Is Jasper a fanboy? Lol It looks like Joey is just afraid of her at this point. 😂
    No, Melody is not a celebrity yet :) I allow fame when she lives at Del Sol Valley. In this challenge she lives in different world every month :) And yes, maybe he is afraid of her a bit :D

@permanentrose ,
    Jules was feeling annoyed that I gave more attention to the other club members and didn't post many pictures of her today, so she clearly decided that she needed some more screen time in Skeilah's game haha :joy:
    Lol, well that explains it then :smiley:
    You don't believe that I'm starting to like Mario more? :D I wonder why LOLOLOL...
    Haha, I was like , "hmmm.. now she likes him... hmmm..." :D
    I'm still waiting for my orchid to grow. Hopefully soon! Does a plant have to be to certain level of quality for the orchid to show up, because I feel like I grafted it ages ago and I STILL haven't harvested one yet.
    You mean you have planted the flower and it won't grow? Or you mean that the crafted plant does not give you one? If later, it can take time :D Melody still have that one crafted plant to get that other rare flower, she has had it for sim weeks, still no flower :)
    And yes, those machines do break because of the rain, but at least she levels up her handiness :)
    Your update - LOL that Wolfie ran away from serious talk. So Jules had to buy a second quitar because the other one was always used? :p Ugh that Brittany is annoying, gladly Becca isn't.

@Karababy52 ,
    Ah, good 'ol MCCC, is there nothing that Mod can't do? :D
    I suppose there is something... haha.
    Oh yeah, VT is definitely going to pay for her first time drinking. She deserved to have a little fun though. It's the first time she's really let loose in a long time though, so perhaps she'll feel it was worth it.
    Haha true, but indeed, her head might be a little bit hurting the next morning :p
    Good thing for Damon he's not in my game, would be interesting if he was though! ;)
    True, but he as easily could be, like Damon himself :D
    Heh, I'll have to dig up the save where he is as elder vampire (the dad) .. and Nikolas is showing up in the future, somewhere at the background of her pictures :)
    Yes she has 10 of each spices, she has not yet used those :) She got 2 new globes and posters both :) I have never collected all, now I really try :)
    Haha, Jasper has most likely been together with all sims I have made at some point/save, so no, not with Melody :D Jasper actually is only sim so far who has married my Veera :p Long time ago, and different save, naturally :)

@lilypadmeulin ,
    Great that you found the snapdragon :smiley: it has great crafting options :)
    Your update (day 3) - Haha I'm glad Jenny got that sandwich out safely from the machine :) Yes , money can be hard to get in the beginning :) I semi forced Melody to fish, and she did sell the rest after fertilizing the plants :) But at least she has a bed now ! Maybe she could go to the lounge and play piano for tips?

@Skeilah ,
    Oh WOW, I was assuming something like that from your previous update.. I really hope Bryon's dad gets caught!
    I like the way you wrote this update :) Easier for me to read :)

~~~~~~~~~~

ML7MRDD.png
    Melody Connors
    Day 11 (February)

evGxkI7.png
    Back from school, at good mood , this time .
    aLPdlqX.png
    Young lady, are you going to clean that dirty , smelly plate there?? Or waiting for Malcolm to come and clean it?
    "Hmmm... I wait for Malcolm."
    *sight*
    fkjk0jq.png
    Off to the club, some dancing to do!
    ZUI96ud.png
    Not much happening at the beginning..

evuNOT3.png
    MHLRdc0.png
    Then she saw one of my global superstars, Ezra, who gave her his autograph.
    P1C4rrg.png
    She asked the value of the picture... 3200 simoleons!!! Holy simcow! Judith's was only worth 800!
    X6y7N0J.png
    She thanked Ezra and asked permission to hug.
    SUfwuYz.png
    Rest of the night went well.
    NIAjJqU.png
    Back home, and she realized she only had 3+ hours time to sleep....
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Skeilah

Oh my goodness, poor Bryon! Eliza's really scary when she's at work, but her putting Bryon in jail is a really rough move and I don't know how to feel about it. This definitely has me hooked!

@Ellupelluellu

Yeah, none of the vending machines tried to fall on her today, and she didn't even have to shake them! But money is still pretty tight, and so is sorting out her needs. I'm going for shelter and a toilet next, but that's going to take quite a bit of money. Hopefully the strawberries and snapdragons help with that.

@permanentrose suggested getting her a Bee Box later on, and I have to say I'm a fan of that idea too - I infinitely prefer gardening to fishing for my Sims, but then again, you can fish up berries, so it's still worth it. I don't know if she'd be great at the piano but it might be something I try out on the weekends.

As for your update - congratulations on landing such a valuable autograph! I couldn't help but notice Eva there, in her pretty dress, and as always I'm loving Melody's garden! Poor Malcolm, though, having to clean up the plates.
    How many sims days does it take to get a university degree?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @lilypadmeulin ,
    Yeah, melody was not so good at the piano at first, but later when her skill raised, she kept having pretty nice amount of 12 simoleon tips :)
    Yes , beebox is one option, sure :)
    I usually do tiny makeovers to partihaus household, but now they are all married and live who know what world, so I haven't bothered :)

@permanentrose , it depends on how many classes you take in one term, how many weeks it takes :) You need 12 course credits to graduate, means if you take maximum 4 per term, it takes 3 weeks :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2021
    February - Day 11: "Sometimes a glimmer of light in the darkness is all you need to find a match."

R1rl3li.png

Notes
    LBWXAKp.png
    (Oh Gawd, I can't believe I slept so long. School's already over and I just got up.)
    (Why, why, why, did I drink so much?)

tfOochs.png
    (Eww, gross! I thought soup was supposed to make you feel better...oh, wait, that's chicken noodle, not...Minestrone. I'm gonna barf.)
    *Blarg*

M2zO4I3.png
    After a few aspirins, a couple gallons of water and a long nap, Vanessa finally felt a little better. Molly and Damon both sent texts asking if she was okay.
    (Nice to know someone cares.)
    Damon offered to bring her something he called a 'magic hangover drink.' She said thanks for the offer, but she didn't feel up to company just yet.
    (I hope he understands.)

Toward the end of the day, Vanessa finally felt good enough to practice her DJ skills a little. When the machine dinged to indicate she'd reached Level 9, she quit and went outside to do her homework before bed.

FnKFh2A.png
    (I hope I'm not in too much trouble for skipping school without calling in.)
    (I never did that before, always took a vacation day. Man, I'm so gonna get detention.)
    (Gawd, I hate that. Such a waste of time. Even if I do deserve it.)
    (How can I get out of it?)
    (Maybe if I call and pretend I'm a Doctor?)
    (No, they already know my voice and my cell number, probably.)
    (Maybe ask Molly to do it?)
    (They wouldn't know, would they?)
    (She'd be using her phone...not...mine...OH!)

b3vh4gi.png
    (Heyyy, that gives me an idea on how to contact Josh again!)
    (But...I'd have to trust her and... tell her... everything.)
    (Do I trust her enough?)
    (Ugh, I'll take my chances, I'm tired of being so paranoid of everybody.)
    (Enough is enough!)

tmkOoOi.png
    (Gawwwd! Why is life so unfair? I hate detention. Why did I think it would work?)

bSOJSOr.png
    (I told Molly everything too, why did I do that?)
    (She probably thinks I'm a nutcase now.)
    (She did agree to help me though...and call Josh.)
    (Will she really do it though now? She got detention too.)
    (I'm so sorry Molly. She probably hates me.)
    (Man, I liked her too. I don't want to lose her as a friend.)
    (She's all I have...well, Damon too, I guess.)
    (He probably hates me now too though. Molly's his BFF, I'm just some chick he wants to date. Or did...) *sigh*

GGMAcHE.png
    (I'm such a loser.)

xpsD8US.png
    "It's just so unfair! I didn't ask for ANY of this! Are you guys listening? If you are, GO TO HELLL!!"

gYlgGNF.png
    (I'm so done with all of this.)

26QYBMW.png
    (Maybe I should just runaway?)

CHxhHcT.png
    (It won't do any good, they always find me.)

fJJgjmL.png
    (Wait! It's her!)
    (WHAT!? NOOO WAAAY!) *GASP*

HAjKC5o.png
    (OH MY *#X&#* GOD! She did it!)

Extras
    Here are the last two club members VT will need for a full roster:

Carter Grant - Carter was featured in one of my tries at a modified version of the Ultimate Discover University Challenge by @SoulGal7
    CPdATv6.png

Willow Moondragon - Willow was one the castaways in an Island Challenge I did a long time ago.
    qJJMMyL.png

These two and the other three I previously posted about live together now in the slightly remodeled Factory One house where the Partihaus members were located. VT's club is still known as Triple Threat until she meets each of them and asks them to join. It's the last Friday of Fall and a 'Night on the Town' holiday tonight for VT. She will travel to the city with Molly and Damon for a gathering in one of the Nightclubs. Perhaps some of these five teens will be there!

I'll reply and comment on your daily posts shortly! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sorry, all, I haven't commented on your great stories for a while, so will start with our newest member first :)

@lilypadmeulin - Day 1 - Jenny is so cute. I love that she has braids from the Snowy Escape pack, like, Sakura, except Sakura's are dyed. Sakura started on that same lot in Spring and it was tough. She collected a lot of parsley and planted it. She used the Onsen and the Lounge as her nighttime rest areas. She grabbed chips for free at the bar, and played the piano - a lot! She also took a lot of photos and sold them. I knew all about those horrid vending machines, so didn't use them too much, as I didn't want her to die from being crushed from the vending machine. That shot of Jenny sleeping on the bench brings back memories because I think most of us started on that lot and slept on that bench! lol And the photo with Kiyoshi! Ahhh...sweet :)

Day 2 - Yes, I had a hard time finding that fishing spot, too, and then when I found it, I only had Sakura go once to fish there. I love that cute pre-made outfit. You can certainly see Jenny in all types of weather! Those first few days of the rags to riches are tough. I didn't buy Sakura a lot of food (I didn't want to spend any simoleons), so had her eat chips and parsley a lot. Oh, and Jenny now has a bed! Woot!

Day 3 - Oh yes, the welcome wagon. I was so happy that Sakura got the fruitcake, but she hated it. I didn't care and had her eat it to fill her needs. I think it was maybe the third day as well that I had to get a potion fixer (I got the one that fixed all her needs), because Sakura refused to do anything. So, I caved and did it. @permanentrose and a few others got the Always Welcome trait and hung out at some different sims' houses. I thought that was a good idea.

@Hermitgirl - Day 5 - Oh, love it. The house is coming to life! Literally! Roxanne has always been able to float off the ground? lol Okay, well, there are some things that we don't know about Roxanne! lol I got a laugh that her masseuse came over, got freaked out, and left, and Roxanne was upset about not getting her massage! Too funny!

Day 6: Oh gosh! Looks like Roxanne has moved into a really spooky, scary "murder" house. Laughed at Roxanne's thoughts that the caretaker was odd, but she liked him. Roxanne certainly has interesting friends lol Oh, and a visit to the Von Haunt Estate. The look on Bella's face on seeing Roxanne "floating" is priceless. And "brushing by" Lord Shallot was wonderful. hehe He must have heard that Roxanne was originally from Mt. Komorebi and wanted to be snow bros!

Day 7 - Winterfest again! Cool! Sakura hasn't had Winterfest yet. I decided to do a 28 day season, so that each month, it would be a different season. Sakura is in summer right now. That Bonehilda is in a flirty mood. She's probably thinking of Father Winter and that massage he got! lol

@permanentrose - Day 38 - You really did a fantastic job on this Halloween party. Kudos to you for taking all that time and choosing all those costumes. Of course, the Paragons are playboy bunnies. I'm surprised they actually wore other colors, other than pink. I really thought that Mario and Jules' costumes were super cute. That's the type of costume I would wear or some creepy costume! But before comments on the party, I love that Jules met Mario's Abuela and that she thought Jules "was a keeper" for bringing a hand-made gift over. Nice! And his sisters were so cute in their costumes! Wow! They have time to go to the bowling alley first and then get ready for the party! Ah, but how sweet that the 'Best Friends" were hanging out there! I love Brittany's sister, Becca, the black sheep dressed as Princess Leia. lol Ooohhh....and Emmett dressed as a police officer! Hot! Hot! Hot! And then Brittany comes to claim what's her's, just in case Emmett thinks that Jules is cuter than her. Pleeeaase. Um, Brittany, yes Jules is, because she has a kind heart. Oh, and Jules then asks Mario to move in with her!!! Where is your heart really, Jules? And why the heck is Emmett with Brittany?

Day 39 - Oh, Mario staying out all night did not sit well with his mother. If Mario hadn't made up his mind at that time, he sure would after the fight with his mother. Thank goodness for his Abuela and having faith in him. What a happy shot of Mario and Jules together at the end. And he tells her he loves her. Ahhhh..... :):):) I love it!

Day 40 - Oh gosh - Mario nearly destroying the house and setting himself on fire. Ooops! I hope Jules isn't regretting her decision about asking him to move in with her. And there's Becca again. She is really nice. Like her a lot, and her eyes are gorgeous. Ha ha! I guess we don't have to worry about Jules regretting her decision to invite Mario to live with her! I bet Jules hogs the covers and he's okay with it! ;)

Day 41 - Love the name of the club that Jules is now in. Yes, looks like she will be able to max a lot of skills in this club. Love the diversity of the members, too. To be honest, I think when I first got the Get Together pack, I went to that library, but rarely go there. I think it's because the bookshelves aren't loaded there with skill books like they are in Willow Creek. Not sure why Maxis didn't just automatically do this for all the libraries. Oh well, nice to see it.

Day 42 - Wow! Jules looks very cool with her piercing. Love how Wolfgang just ditches them and heads to play video games! lol And Tori looking after her little sister...oops...oh gosh...maybe she needs to make a list of what to bring when she goes on an outing and brings her little sister along. Oh, another guitar...do I see a guitar duet here with Jules and Mario? Ok, Jules needs to take Brittany down...oh yes...Brittany is so...vacuous and snobby and so mean to Jules. Yes, Brittany is definitely a mean girl. And so nice of Becca to invite Jules to the Curiosity Club.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited February 2021
    I'm really tired tonight so my comments aren't quite as long and thorough as usual but I enjoyed all of your updates very much :)

@lilypadmeulin
    The snowpal is cute! I haven't had Jules experience snow yet since I started in spring and my seasons are 28 days long, so still waiting for winter to arrive :)

It looks like Jenny is slowly starting to get on her feet. Before you know it, your updates won't be consumed by basic needs and survival anymore. It's kind of crazy to think we all started back where you are just about a month ago!

@Skeilah
    Well I was talking to you every minute of your decisions with that update - you really pulled that off nicely! Poor, poor Bryon. You really put him through a lot, but I'm not complaining! I love the drama. It's a really good story you have going, and I'm looking forward to seeing how poor Bryon's night in jail goes tomorrow

@Ellupelluellu
    Hahha, thanks for answering my question that I accidentally posted here instead of in a PM like I thought. That is useful info though. Also yay, you are all caught up today! Ezra is really very lovely, I do love a man with long hair HAHA. And that's a really lucky headshot price, wow!

@Karababy52
    I really enjoyed that your post was just Vanessa's inner monologue while she was hanging out in the bathroom for 90% of the update HAHA. You got some good screenshots and facial expressions though, AND YES, CONTACT WITH JOSH HAS BEEN MADE. Nice little cliff hanger, I'm looking forward to getting more details in your post tomorrow.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @lilypadmeulin
    Yes, they can! It's one of the two new deaths in SE. The other is falling from a rock climb on the tallest walls during a Mountain Excursion.

Thank you! I'm having fun with it. :) She'll be with Josh again one day, but probably not until April when she ages up to a YA. Josh is a YA and it's just too hard trying to write a romance when the game won't let them do any romantic actions together. Booo! :'(

Day 3: Cute Snowpal! For some reason VT always makes a certain Snowpal every time. It's weird. The Onsen is great for filling needs! Good luck with the Simmis! VT just kept breaking even buying those at first. Then she got a couple goldens in a row! \o/ Thanks to that, she was able to build her first wonky looking shelter, a bed and a few other things. :)

Did Jenny get the fruitcake even though you canceled it? Sometimes they'll drop it on the ground. Other times they just keep it for some reason. I don't blame you for getting the fun potion, Sims won't do much if they're tense. I always get the Moodlet solver though. It costs a little more, but it's worth it, fills all their needs at once! ;) Congrats on getting a Snapdragon! Hopefully they'll help Jenny's progress soon. :)

@permanentrose
    Love your remodeled Spin Masters! "Eh, she'll be fine." LOL Famous last words, eh? The nose stud looks good on both of them. Oh great, she would run into Brittany there, of course. Plastics love malls! ;) Ugh, I see she's a master at using sweetness to cover judgmental insults. Bleh, go away Brittany! However, Becca seems very sincere and a real sweetheart. Nice of Jules to invite Becca to check out the Curiosity Club. Congrats to Jules for earning a B! :)

I LOVE HIMYM! I used to watch it all the time! The Robin Sparkles episodes are some of my favorites. Hilarious! I miss that show. *sigh*

Thanks! I like doing the inner monologue sometimes. She's got a lot of thoughts on her mind. She came home in a mood and I'd sent her to give herself a pep talk is why she seemed to be hanging out in there. That animation has a lot of great facial expressions. ;) I'm looking forward to playing again tonight for VT's first time at a Nightclub with her club. Should be fun! Maybe a couple surprises too! ;) I hope...

@Skeilah
    Oh boy, poor Bryon! I did not see that coming, at all! Bravo! *clap clap clap* Thankfully, I'm guessing he won't be in jail long once they get the DNA results back that points to his Father. I'm on the edge of my seat now for your next post! And about your question, I like both versions, but this one is a little easier to read. Sometimes I got a little confused who was talking the way it was previously written altogether. I always figured it out though, so whichever way you're the most comfortable writing your posts is good by me. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Seriously? You'd let me have his Dad too? Aww, you are such a sweetheart! I imagine he's just as gorgeous as his Son. <3 In light of my post for today, he might not need to keep his Son in line though. But thank you so much, I'd love to have him in my game anyway. Maybe he (or Damon) could be the one to turn VT when the time comes. ;)

I adore Melody's bright beautiful smile. She's so beautiful. Ooo, and a new hunky Sim arrives on the scene. Hello Ezra! Yum! Lucky Melody getting his autograph. Man, I LOVE that hair on him too! I have ever since I first saw Nikolas who has it too. We need more long hair for males in this game. Almost tempted to get it even though I've played vanilla for over 6 years now. :D 3200? That's awesome! Same price Adam's autographs go for too in my game. Aww, and she got a hug too! What a nice guy! Opps, looks like Melody partied a bit too hard too. Oh well, she'll be okay I'm sure. At least she didn't overindulge like VT! :o
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sorry I'm so behind, so just going to jump in and do Day 9 and try to get to 11 before midnight lol. I'm going to wait to comment to everyone until I'm done because I'm feeling the pressure. I do want to say to @Kanindota to please take care of yourself and your family. I hope everything gets better for you.

February, Day 9 Nightmares?
    OyYKwHp.png
    Roxanne was having the most terrible nightmares. Some guy was stalking her and was going to do bad things to her. She woke up and could see him still, the man in her dream. So she painted what she could remember. Staring at the picture she didn't know what to think. This was a dream surely?
    She approached Patchy early in the day to see if he had seen anyone and he said, "Oh yeah a guy climbed up to the balcony last night... friend of yours?" Then he gave a little chuckle, the cloth where his mouth was painted on bulging and stretching as he talked. "If not we outta do something about him.. right?"
    2995Os6.png
    kZsxMwZ.png
    xfrptnG.png
    rTGNtom.png
    KPE22Wp.png
    tZu9Gkh.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    February, Day 10 Don't Cross Roxanne (Are words really needed?)
    wO1xFHV.png
    X732sLs.png
    qy8fufa.png
    89KgbnH.png
    jsGVJsV.png
    I will say it went on so long I felt sorry for Wolfgang. The fire spread to the inner hallway and then into part of the next room. I didn't know fires spread through walls and doors. I've never had one that big. It went on for hours. Oh the fire department was called about the time Grimmy showed up.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited February 2021
    @Skeilah - Feb 7 - Yeah for Naoki getting into the Spin Masters club. Nice of Bryon to trade in his gaming mat for a DJ booth and gave it to Naoki. And then...the shocker...his mother is kidnapped! Now, I didn't like how Bryon dismissed Naoki's help with "A family matter". Gee...that was kind of a slap in the face...probably unintentional because Bryon was under stress, but isn't Naoki part of your family? This tragedy is certainly bringing Johnny and Bryon closer together...but Bryon...you need to include Naoki in this, too. Comment on the extra shots - oh my gosh! What does Bryon's father want with his mother? The sequencing shots is very good, but Bryon's father is an evil man.

Feb 8 - Oh yah, call on the Partihaus members, and now Bryon has been promoted from pup to alpha wolf. Love him being called pup, so cute. So Marcus is married to a detective! Very cool. Looking good for finishing that aspiration very soon.

Feb 9 - So now Bryon meets Eliza, Marcus' wife alone and Bryon gives her the note. Oh, if only someone had thought about not touching the note...re...fingerprints. Gee...well, she's going to analyze that note further at work, so maybe she'll find something. And there is it! Congrats on completing the Leader of the Pack Aspiration! Woot! Funny side photos of Eliza setting their kitchen on fire! Umm...she may be a good detective, but a cook...maybe not so much! lol

Feb 10 - Okay, there is one sentence in here that I am intrigued about "I never had questions that needed answers since I lived separated from the world. My questions only started when I stepped outside for the first time in my life." Where did Bryon live before we met him in the first chapter? Was he in some type of institution? This sentence really piques my curiosity. Oh and Jules makes another appearance and tells Naoki basically what I felt, too, that Bryon needs to include Naoki in this too.

Feb 11 - Yes, I like the new layout better, and much easier to read. Thanks :) Okay, I'm confused. How is Bryon a suspect? From something written on a note that he gave to the detective? And where is the handwriting analyst? lol Okay, well the Partihaus is on it. Yep, going to take Paolo's drunken recollection of that night and it will clear Bryon. Right? And the question remains, why did Bryon's father take her? For what reason? Ugh, poor Bryon.

@Ellupelluellu & @Karababy52 - I Will get all caught up with comments by tomorrow. Heading to bed. Nite all.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Hermitgirl LOL what great updates, I'm about to pass out on my keyboard, so this is not the proper comment you deserve, but that was a fantastic little journey right there, and I love this side of Roxanne so much :D Byeeeee Wolfgang. See ya never
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

@Ellupelluellu

I just realized that every time I read your updates I really laugh at stuff, but forget to comment on it. Lol
    UpW6eA7.png

And when back, she needed to mail that large painting , what someone had bought via Plopsy!

Lmao, that is some kind of fancy magic there!
    NBGLKoN.png

Lets go to restaurant what was new in town! (from gallery)

Marcus looks much better in a suit than he does in the ugly orange shirt. :D

In the next update I really laughed at Akira talking to nobody. That seems like something he would do. He’s so weird.
    But, as this is going to be a long night, and she was dead tired, she took several naps at the bench. I think it is pretty miracle that she managed to sleep in that noise! :smiley:
    I must admit, that seems like a miracle to me too. :sweat_smile:
    And with this club meeting the aspiration fulfilled right after she ended the meeting and added the 8th member, YAY!
    I keep forgetting to ask. Do you try to fulfill more than one aspiration at a time, like switch back and forth between them? Or you just finish one and then go on to the next?
    Let's not blame poor Joey anymore, after all it is my fault forgetting to give him new pants :p I did remember to do with The Dash.
    Hey! That’s progress! Yay! Does Jasper have a cold weather shirt yet? :D

And in today’s post that’s funny that she’ll wait for Malcolm to clean up her mess. He must be a YA by now though, right?
    MHLRdc0.png

Then she saw one of my global superstars, Ezra, who gave her his autograph.

X6y7N0J.png

She thanked Ezra and asked permission to hug.
    Goodness! She's such a fan! Wow! Also, I swear I’ve seen that man before! And with much less clothing on, lmao. And does he know that she’s just going to sell that autograph!? Lol. I doubt it.
    Back home, and she realized she only had 3+ hours time to sleep....
    That’s when I exit that family and go play someone else until 3 pm that day when she can go to sleep. Lol! :D:smiley::joy:

And ok, she can get famous once she moves to Del Sol, got it.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    February (Wednesday) - DAY 9: I've Been Thinking About You

sakura-viewing-photos.png
    It was early morning, and Sakura sat on her rocking chair knitting. Yesterday, it had been 1 week since Sakura had arrived in Windenburg. So much had happened. She had been invited to join two clubs, she had made a few friends and she had joined Scouts.

she-liked-her-rocker-upstairs-and-glad-that-joaquin-put-it-there.png

She thought of the past week, and her thoughts turned to the unexpected visitor who had dropped by her house last night...Wolfgang. Being his friend seemed to be breaking some rules in both the Paragon and Renegade clubs. Sakura didn't know that clubs could have rules on who you could and couldn't talk to. It just didn't seem right. And the discussion that the Paragon members had with her about Wolfgang only wanting Sakura as "another notch in his belt," just didn't make sense. He had been nothing but nice to her and had never once flirted or done anything of a romantic nature.

But last night, when he told her that he would change the Renegade rules to be allowed to talk to Paragons and that he was breaking the rule talking to her right now, she had looked up at him. And in his eyes was a look so caring and adoring that she had felt embarrassed by his gaze. She had looked away quickly, feigning working on her homework, but she felt a bit shaken. And now she was rather confused about Wolfgang, because she had seen that look before. It was how Kiyoshi looked at her.

wolfgang-adoring-look.png

But, maybe she had imagined the whole thing. Sakura looked at the photo of her and Kiyoshi on her night table, "I've got to tell Wolfgang about Kiyoshi. I don't want to give Wolfgang the wrong impression that I'm interested in him. I'll tell him after the party..." she thought to herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

lunsa-comes-for-a-visit.png

When Sakura came home from school, she got a pop-up to invite Luna Villareal over, which she did. Sakura decided they should do their homework together.

doing-homework-with-liuna.png
    having-the-greatest-time-together.png

Sakura always thought that Luna was the quiet one at the Paragons club meetings, but, here, at her house, it was like Luna was a different person. Sakura had never laughed so much while doing homework before.

rohan-elderberry-at-the-door.png

There was a knock on the door, and another teen, Rohan Elderberry, just happened to be in the neighborhood and thought he would stop in for a moment. This was the most sims Sakura had in her house since the Welcome Wagon came by. She took out some baked potatoes and reheated them up for everyone.

sakura-put-out-some-baked-potatoes.png

Luna and Rohan got along so well, it was unbelievable! Sakura had never seen Luna so lively before. And the stories and jokes Luna told...well, she certainly had Rohan captivated. Luna was on a roll...an energizer bunny type roll and Sakura was thinking that maybe Luna had drank too much coffee before she came for a visit. Sakura was sure that Rohan didn't know what to make of Luna, and was probably thinking that he had actually come over to have a quiet chat with Sakura.

luna-telling-quite-a-story.png

With dinner over, Luna wanted to hear Sakura play the piano, and as they went into the conservatory, Rohan said he had to go home.

rohan-had-to-leave-but-luna-stayed-to-hear-her-play.png

Of course, Luna stayed and was thrilled with the piece that Sakura played. But finally, Luna said she had to head home, too.

sakura-practicing-dj.png

There was still time before bed, and Sakura read the instructions for the DJ booth. There was a warning note that she read and realized that the DJ booth could catch on fire! What? Oh my gosh! Why didn't Joaquin tell her about this? She read further and if she did the advanced Heat-Sink up-grade, it would prevent fires. In fact, in order for her DJ Booth to be fully functional, she had to do several upgrades. Oh no! How was she going to get this all done before the party on Friday night? And she needed PARTS...what parts?...electronic parts...where can she get those?

ordering-comouter-parts.png

Okay, here it was...she had to order them from a website and they would be delivered overnight. She went upstairs to her computer and put in her order. Whoa! $1,300 simoleons for parts? She remembered Joaquin's words..."The party won't be expensive..." Yeah, right!

sakura-expression.png
    A specific comment from Soulgal made me think that I never gave you guys background story on Isaius. So, I’m going to give that to you! Isaius Ellison is a great bussinesman, who owns A LOT. From restaurants to private schools to hotels. But then there’s the dark side - he’s one of the most powerful people in the illegal business, thanks to his status. You still know the cottage in Bryons flashback/dream? Well he actually lived in that cottage. The cottage was part of the mansion from his father lol. He was always told to live in it when at home, he didnt really know better. Most of the time, he lived in the private school, of course owned by his father. This way his father still controlled him and Bryon never had the feeling that there was something “off”. Of course its weird to live in a cottage while there’s a big mansion next to it, but hos father probably told it like “its you own house! All for yourself!” Idk, and Bryon just went with it because he doesnt know better.
    Oh and Bryon is a suspect because his father is a smart man with a lot of people who keep him updated on movements of specific people and stuff😎 he’s that powerful. of course he knew that Bryon was also in that club. He took that opportunity to get away with it. Who would suspect a successful businessman anyways, heh? Eliza will constantly end up in Bryons direction, do Bryon will need a lot of help to get out of this.
    @Ellupelluellu

I really like bees anyway, so I'll be going for that, but Piano is not a bad choice, and she could use the money. I'll see what today has to offer her!

@SoulGal7

I'm really interested in seeing how this whole Wolfgang situation plays out. It's intriguing! Also, poor Sakura having to order so many parts for the DJ booth - that's rough, and very expensive!

I love how you have the two photos next to each other, it really gives an impression that this is something that's playing on her mind. I also love the cute little charm hanging nearby!

Thank you for the compliments on Jenny! She was my first ever Sim back on my OG game, and I'm very attached to her, though that save was just...well, I was still figuring out how to play at that point. She ended up having a bunch of kids with Travis Scott! And yep, Spring is a really tough month to start in. Spring is 28 days long in my game too, so it's pretty much going to be a season every month. Luckily, the Onsen can help with a lot of basic needs, but I'm relying on it pretty heavily at this point.

I'm going to try fishing again once it's the weekend for her, because I don't want to just give up on it, and you can get plants that way as well as good things to sell. I'm also continuing to take photos - maybe she can be a photographer when she grows up? (I also love her cold weather outfit.)

The bed isn't the best one, but it's a bed, so it's arguably better than a bench even if they're both outdoors. I was so annoyed when the Welcome Wagon interrupted, and she now has a bad relationship with the Itos because, you know, she cancelled the event and they were welcoming her. They took the fruitcake with them, even.

Even so, things are gradually improving and I'm going to play the vending machine once a day! I know it's kind of risky, but I want to get as much of the collection as possible before moving to a new world. I don't think you're allowed to visit other worlds, are you? So I'll have to try and complete it while I'm here.

@permanentrose

I'm really looking forward to the point where my morning routine isn't immediately sending Jenny off to a different location due to low needs. It's rough enough when doing a Legacy Challenge, but now it's even harder, though I enjoy this challenge. I'm also looking forward to getting the bee box!

@Karababy52

Poor VT! This is a really tough situation for her. I'm so glad that she has Molly to help her out, and Damon, though he has his own motivations. Molly is a real trooper, though!

Will you be giving her a makeover every time she moves? I was wondering about that.
    Update 43 - A gathering of creative minds

ii84nEv.png

Notes:
    The Curiosity Club met again after school today, and Becca came to check it out, and all of the members loved her immediately.
    loVhdFP.png

Kaori came up to Jules to say hello. "Hey, I didn't really get to hang out with you last meeting, but you seem super cool! I'm excited for you to be in the club, and it's so awesome you're already finding new members!"
    MmL3Bfi.png

"You seem really cool, too!" Jules replied.

"Want me to show our club handshake?" Kaori offered, and Jules enthusiastically nodded.
    q5vmA97.png

She took the time to get to know some of the members today. Yuki was at the computer, as expected. "Want me to show you how to hack into the school grading system? I can give you an A if you want." Jules' mouth fell open in amazement as she watched Yuki pull up the school website and transformed her B into an A. (Funnily enough, Jules did become an A student today haha). Jules was tempted to ask Yuki to drop Brittany's grade down to an F, but she resisted the urge to voice her petty request.
    JKdFgrN.png

She checked in with Becca, who assured her that she was having a great time.
    xCKN7q2.png

Then she autonomously decided to try out the violin. Not a pretty sound :joy:
    UrPd626.png

She bonded with Veronica since they both had a penchant for music, and then they decided to play together for a bit (well, as you all know, they couldn't actually play together, so the sound of their overlapping mismatched music was terrible, but we can pretend for the sake of storytelling :))
    5jQJzim.png
    mAqGhqR.jpg

It was late again when she returned home, and she walked into a kitchen filled with dirty dishes. Seriously, Mario??
    fOqere7.png

Well, she wasn't in the mood to fight, so she went to do them for him. Perhaps she'd talk to him this weekend about making some house rules so they didn't drive each other insane. And this is the expression she made as I directed her to do the dishes. She was like, "Seriously, we're gonna enable him like this??" :D
    m4tZR12.png

Well, he's happy she's home at least.
    Nto70ZH.png

I haven't had either of them take a vacation day from school yet, so I'm gonna have them take tomorrow off since it's Friday and give them a three day weekend :)
    @lilypadmeulin - How funny, Sakura was late for the Welcome Wagon and had a bad relationship with the Ito parents, too! hehehe She got that fruitcake, though. Once you've done a world, it is "open" and you can go back to it. The Extreme Outdoor Enthusiast is a hard one, (there is a reported bug for the last ding of that one), so, if you don't finish an aspiration for that world, you can certainly go back and finish it.
    @permanentrose
    I'm so happy that Becca got to join a Club gathering! It seems like such a good place for her to make friends outside her sister's friendship circle, and to be able to get along with Jules without her sister interfering. Also, Mario and Jules need to have a SERIOUS discussion about chore division. Not cool, Mario!

@SoulGal7

If I don't complete the collection during the month Jenny is in Mt. Komorebi, I'll definitely be returning to do so! It's fun to think that you're 'unlocking' the worlds as you go, though! As it happens, Jenny did actually end up with the fruitcake, but more on that soon!
    Day 4, Month 1

02-12-21_9-59-44_AM.png?width=721&height=577

After a surprisingly restful few hours in her new bed, Jenny awoke absolutely filthy, so it was time to go to the Onsen! Every morning, I swear...

I also found out she actually had the fruitcake that the Ito family had brought with them, so she kept eating it and making herself Uncomfortable. Why this? Why must this happen?

Anyway, while there she met a nice lady who lives nearby (I forget her name, though) and fulfilled her social need once they were both finished with their showers.

02-12-21_9-45-17_AM.png?width=721&height=577

I then sent her to the park to fish, but because her skill is so low she didn't catch anything...but she did find some Mushrooms! Unfortunately, due to the fruitcake issue she was too Uncomfortable to pick them. Great.

02-12-21_9-50-49_AM.png?width=721&height=577

However, I intend to go back and harvest them tomorrow. I sent Jenny home, and had her water her plants. No school today, because I thought a vacation day would be a good idea, plus she hadn't exactly done her homework.

02-12-21_9-54-36_AM.png?width=721&height=577

So, hopefully this will mean some snapdragons and strawberries soon enough! And mushrooms once I've harvested them. I really want to work on her gardening skill.

I then sent her back to the park for the daily Simmi capsule.

02-12-21_9-59-15_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Only for THIS to happen again. Why, Jenny? Why do you think climbing the machine is EVER a good idea?

02-12-21_10-00-18_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Luckily, after a quick nap on a nearby bench, she lost the moodlet from being squashed, and we were able to get the capsule. Izzy! Which I immediately sold. I probably shouldn't have gone again, but I did, and we got a Yamachan to add to our 'not worth selling' pile.

02-12-21_10-00-57_AM.png?width=721&height=577

With the funds up a bit, I tried to find a toilet for Jenny, but...yeah, we ended up with the Bush of Doom.

02-12-21_10-07-28_AM.png?width=721&height=577

Still, it's a functioning toilet and it'll upgrade in time! Plus I still have some funds left over from all this, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Everything should be harvestable by then, too!

edited February 2021
    @Hermitgirl - Day 9 - Even in her sleep, Roxanne looks angry. lol Uh oh - What is Wolfgang up to? Is he trying to break into the house? I love how Roxanne consults with Patchy on what to do and then she gets an idea.

Day 10 - Hmmm...does Wolfgang just blatantly come and knock on her door? And doesn't Roxanne look all sweet and innocent, like oh, hi, come on in! lol Um...Wolfgang, I would run if I was you, I mean Roxanne does live in the "murder house". Oh my gosh! How did that fire happen? Did Roxanne just set him on fire with her powers or something? Or...was it "the house" and it was protecting her? Well, Wolfgang wanted to be "with" Roxanne, and now he is, permanently unless she uses ambrosia on him and revives him and tells him never to bother her again, or else...lol
    (Sakura sheds a tear for Wolfgang...however, this is not the Wolfgang that she knows...I think Wolfgang may have a nicer twin - lol)

I had to look back and check Roxanne's traits, because I was thinking maybe she has the erratic trait. But, no, she has creative and loves music, but then, I guess she has been rather "creative" in her ways to do away with sims. Now, how many is that...two...or more...but, yeah, who's counting, right? lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top