Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hunger games: question about the dogs and about sequels.

I just saw the first hunger games movie, never read the books, have not seen the other movies (yet). But I have a question (possible spoilers if you haven't seen it)

What was the point of them introducing those computer generated dogs - by doing so it just shows all the "viewers" those running the show can kill whoever they want whenever they want. It was one thing that sponsors can send some help at times because they like certain tributes - but that help wasn't a guaranteed win for the person that receives the help - and yet all that also becomes completely pointless when it looks like the ones running the show can just send in a pack of dogs to all but guarantee to kill whatever tribute they want.

So I guess this answer requires knowledge of the book: what's the point of the pack of dogs (or any other artificial means of killing off who they want) as it seems to make the entire thing pointless: who cares how well you do - they'll just decide to kill whomever they want and allow to win whomever they want?

Just curious, as again it seems to make the entire "contest" pointless.

Second thought: were the subsequent movies just as good? Typically sequels are worse, but since these came from books, maybe not?

Thanks for any opinions.

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hhhmm, I haven't read the books in a while, but I think all that the Gamemaker is interested in really is making an 'entertaining' show. (Wouldn't be my idea of entertaining, but hey!) As long as they're keeping the citizens of Panem on a tight leash, and entertaining themselves in the Capitol in the process, they don't care about playing fair. That's just my take on it.

Also, I have read all of the books and seen all the movies, and I think all the movies are awesome. I have to say the first two are the best (Catching Fire may even be the best), but the final two are great as well IMO.

Hope this helps, and enjoy the movies! Read the books if you can too, because they're fab.