Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Request: Poufs as Desk Chairs

I love the new Nifty Knitting pack, but was deeply disappointed to discover that the fabulous poufs your sims can knit don't snap to desks! Especially with the amazing work table/desk combo they gave us in this pack, I really wanted my sims to be able to use a pouf they created to sit there. Are there any CC creators/coders out there who might be able to tweak the code on this object so the game reads it as a desk/dining chair rather than a living chair? I assume this is just a matter of tagging and should be fairly easy, but then, I'm not a coder so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Comments

• SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    They don't go to desks? I plopped one at a desk on my last build, but I didn't get around to playing it. Now I'm sad.
  • SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    I think it'd be great if all chairs / stools / poufs could snap to desks

Give us all the flexibility possible and let us decide what we want, where
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @SMae64 I have to agree that all chairs should be used how we wish to use them.

However, I think that chairs that are categorized as living room chairs can't be used as anything that would attach to tables desks etc. Only dining room chairs can be used that way and I don't think most pouffes are categorized as dining chairs but as living room chairs. I have learned this from wanting pouffes at the vanity table and having to find something else to use instead.

It would probably require a modder to change the coding for all chairs to use them how we want. it would have to able to be used with CC livingroom chairs too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • simcreator529simcreator529 Posts: 11 New Member
    that sounds so good i wish that was the case
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    PixelUnivairse converted the poufs to work as chairs.

I ran a test of them really quick in my game just to make sure they worked for desks and tables...
    yZoL7Rv.png

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    PixelUnivairse converted the poufs to work as chairs.

I ran a test of them really quick in my game just to make sure they worked for desks and tables...
    yZoL7Rv.png

They are a bit too low to be used as desk chairs aren't they? You couldn't type correctly with those. (as I know to my cost with my laptop)!