Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pangu's axe disappearing from my sims inventory??

I wanted Pangu's axe, so I did the task, simple and then got the axe and it was all fine until a few vacations later, I wanted to break a boulder in France. Instead of smashing the boulder into smithereens, a info box came up saying that an ancient tool from China was needed. I definitely had previously located the axe, and it seemingly disappeared from my sims inventory. A little ticked off, I went back to China hoping that it just reset and I could pick it up at the temple again, but it wasn't there no matter what I did. I then decided to just start over with a new sim, but none of the temples had reset, so there was no axe once again. Frustrated, I gave up and decided to start a whole new neighborhood and get the axe and have a perfect adventurer. Everything was fine, the tombs were reset and everything and I got the axe. Today while playing the axe worked fine, but when a pile of rubble needed to be cleared, my sim drew out the measly little pick axe and started hacking away like they didn't have Pangu's axe, and to my now extreme frustration, I realized that there was no axe in my sims inventory. I'm sorry for the caps but WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?! Is anyone else experiencing this? And what can I do to fix it? It is beyond annoying that I do all of that for it to just disappear and for the only way to get another one is to start a whole new neighborhood. Please help!!!

Comments

• MaybeSupernovaMaybeSupernova Posts: 130 New Member
    edited February 2010
    This has happened to a few people, including myself. There's two ways to fix this. Either use buydebug and buy it back, or there's this way without cheats:
    Use the eyedropper tool on something like the scooter or a camera (or anything that you bought from the markets or that you can only get in foriegn locations) and it should take you to a special buy mode screen. There's a tab called "Tomb Objects", and Pangu's Axe is under there, available for you to buy. (I think it actually costs zero, from what I remember).
    Just place it on the wall, and then from there, into your sims inventory.

I hope this helps, I'm a bit worried that maybe that doesn't work anymore since there's a new patch out. I hope it does, for your sake.
  • senoritagloversenoritaglover Posts: 5
    edited February 2010
    I had this happen to me too ... I don't know if you checked your family inventory, but try that ... for me, somehow it went from my Sim's inventory to my family inventory ...!
  • ShaolynneShaolynne Posts: 75
    edited February 2010
    I've tried ALL suggestions on this forum to get the ax back. It didn't work.
    I've stopped playing now. I need the ax to finish up tombs, that's all I need. I eagerly patched to 2.4.7 and have heard more horror stories. More specifically, the ax is STILL(or won't respawn or whatever)not available.
  • xoliveyaxoliveya Posts: 44
    edited August 2010
    ERRGG!!!
    same thing happened to me.
    i went through hell and back to find the stupid axe
    (i found it a first time but with a different girl, i later stopped playing with her and made a new family)
    so i have the axe
    and i've had it for awhile until just recently
    i go to egypt (i have a huge relic collection at home, so i'm always checking my inventory, and no i didn't delete by mistake. i don't delete anything)
    and i want to smash some boulders in one of the pyramids
    AND ITS NOT THERE
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!

i'm so angry
    because i don't want to clammer back over to china.
    and i'm sure it won't be there.
    so
    where does it go?!
    any cheats to help either?!
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited August 2010
    In the cheat box:
    testingcheatsenabled true

Go into buymode, pull up the cheat box again and type in:
    buydebug

You'll find the axe.
  • xoliveyaxoliveya Posts: 44
    edited August 2010
    indyChick wrote:
    In the cheat box:
    testingcheatsenabled true

Go into buymode, pull up the cheat box again and type in:
    buydebug

You'll find the axe.

firstly, the cheat did work.
    secondly, when i put the axe in my home (on my home lot at home lol)
    soon as i go into live mode from buy mode
    ITS GONE

*** IS GOING ON?
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited August 2010
    xoliveya wrote:
    ITS GONE

*** IS GOING ON?

Check the family inventory first, it sometimes ends up there.

If it's not there and you can't get it to appear there is a workaround, there's information about it in this thread (third post down):
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192704.page

I made a lot to make it easier as well (although you can make your own if you prefer), if you place the lot from Edit Town you should be able to pick up an axe from there. It's a community lot so you may first have to change a lot of the right size into a community lot by clicking it in Edit Town mode and clicking the house/bench icon then choosing any community lot type (it doesn't matter which, the lot changes it to the type it wants), the lot will appear in the community lots section of the library (the one with the bench). Here's a link to the lot:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338

I've also heard that moving house or evicting your family after placing axes that disappear in when you go to Live Mode can cause them to appear where you placed them so you could try that if you like (I think you have to move with the phone/computer and then you'll probably have to move back to take the axe). I haven't confirmed if this actually works or not but it could be worth a try (if you try it let us know how it goes :)).
  • MaddusMaddus Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    For me, the axe appears when I use testingcheatsenabled and buydebug, but disappears in Live Mode whether I'm at home, in another country, or in a tomb. I don't care about smashing boulders, I care about the adventure that I'm no longer allowed to do in Egypt because I no longer have the axe. I'm pretty sure this glitch was triggered when I moved out a member of the family. I've tried everything mentioned in this forum so if there are any new suggestions let me know. For now, I'm starting over with a new game. :(
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited August 2010
    There aren't any adventures in Egypt that require the axe. The adventures in Egypt can all be completed without entering the areas that are blocked by boulders.
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Maddus wrote:
    For me, the axe appears when I use testingcheatsenabled and buydebug, but disappears in Live Mode whether I'm at home, in another country, or in a tomb. I don't care about smashing boulders, I care about the adventure that I'm no longer allowed to do in Egypt because I no longer have the axe. I'm pretty sure this glitch was triggered when I moved out a member of the family. I've tried everything mentioned in this forum so if there are any new suggestions let me know. For now, I'm starting over with a new game. :(

Did the lot I posted or a custom made version of it not work at all? Did the axe not appear or was there some other problem?

You can still get around boulders without using the axe, I think ctrl+shift+clicking on the boulders in Live Mode should give you the option to delete them or you could use cheats. To use the cheats press ctrl+shift+c then type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotes) then shift+click the ground in the tomb and choose "Buy On This Lot" (or Build) and you should be able to remove the boulders. If that doesn't work then after typing the first cheat press ctrl+shift+c again then type "enablelotlocking on" then go to Edit Town mode and click the marker for that lot then click the padlock icon to unlock it and you should be able to choose to "Edit in Build/Buy Mode".
  • dastar1982dastar1982 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    I finished the adventure with Pangu's axe.
    then i tried the cheat but although the Axe was in my family inventory i could not use it to smash rocks
    and when i place it on the wall as I turn into live mode it disappears

How can I get to use the Axe again??? I need it for tombs!!!
  • jwiz61jwiz61 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    This has happened to a few people, including myself. There's two ways to fix this. Either use buydebug and buy it back, or there's this way without cheats:
    Use the eyedropper tool on something like the scooter or a camera (or anything that you bought from the markets or that you can only get in foriegn locations) and it should take you to a special buy mode screen. There's a tab called "Tomb Objects", and Pangu's Axe is under there, available for you to buy. (I think it actually costs zero, from what I remember).
    Just place it on the wall, and then from there, into your sims inventory.

I hope this helps, I'm a bit worried that maybe that doesn't work anymore since there's a new patch out. I hope it does, for your sake.

I did use the above and it did help me get the axe into the family inventory, but i can't move it to the backpack. Also, when I go from buy mode to live mode the axe disappears from the wall I placed it on, so I can't take it from the wall.
    I have read so many glitches with the axe, with so many different scenarios of what people were doing before they lost it. The only constant is that as soon as you get the axe, things go terribly wrong. I returned home with no axe in my inventory and a clone. I used a Nraas game mod that takes care of the clones, but still cannot retrieve the axe. When is EA going to get on board and repair this game, World Adventures is my favorite of all time, but if you can't play after getting the axe, and the axe is needed to fully enjoy the game, now what?
    If you have any ideas how to move the axe from family inventory to the backpack, that would be great. Any ideas?
  • KinsethKinseth Posts: 73 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It's amazing that it's now 2012 and the cornucopia of problems with Pangu's Axe still haven't even been dealt with, let alone completely resolved!

I am utterly annoyed. I went to Egypt with the intent of clearing out all the tombs in one fell swoop, so that visa adventures would be easier, but I get to the room with all the boulders in the Sphinx, and, SURPRISE, I have no axe! Why did it decide to suddenly go to the family inventory, when my one Sim worked so hard to get it?

Needless to say, I don't think EA is ever going to fix Pangu's Axe. They're too busy putting out crap expansions with as many problems as the ones they already have.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2012
    Even though EA hasn't bothered to fix many of the problems from pervious EPs, customers have come through again. You can download a lot that has Pangu's Axe on it here:

Personally, I haven't even tried to go on a World Adventure trip since before Ambitions came out. Too many problems.
  • shellebelle30shellebelle30 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Smeelia wrote:
    xoliveya wrote:
    ITS GONE

*** IS GOING ON?

Check the family inventory first, it sometimes ends up there.

If it's not there and you can't get it to appear there is a workaround, there's information about it in this thread (third post down):
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192704.page

I made a lot to make it easier as well (although you can make your own if you prefer), if you place the lot from Edit Town you should be able to pick up an axe from there. It's a community lot so you may first have to change a lot of the right size into a community lot by clicking it in Edit Town mode and clicking the house/bench icon then choosing any community lot type (it doesn't matter which, the lot changes it to the type it wants), the lot will appear in the community lots section of the library (the one with the bench). Here's a link to the lot:

I've also heard that moving house or evicting your family after placing axes that disappear in when you go to Live Mode can cause them to appear where you placed them so you could try that if you like (I think you have to move with the phone/computer and then you'll probably have to move back to take the axe). I haven't confirmed if this actually works or not but it could be worth a try (if you try it let us know how it goes :)).

This works! nothing else I tried worked, I tried all the cheats and such but I got the axe using this so THANK YOU!
  • icemanx2117icemanx2117 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    YOU ROCK MAN! Thanks!
  • MyameeGirlMyameeGirl Posts: 234 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm having the same problem.

World Adventures has some ridiculous kinks that you would hope EA would have remedied by now.

Every time I would go and come back from China I would have so much lag between actions that I would have to save the family and put them into a new town. I finally finished going through all the tombs this way and now I'm in Egypt. First trip there I try to use the axe, and just like everyone else, it's gone!

Unbelievable.

I have never been able to complete the tombs in WA because of glitches, stuff missing, adventure boards breaking, et cetera.

If I can't make it this time, I'm uninstalling it and breaking the game disc into pieces and flushing it like the piece of crap that it is.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!! So frustrated!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this lot community lot with the axe works.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2013
    The community lot does work, I've used it several times and it always does. The axe disappears while travelling, so before your Sim returns home it's wise to put the axe back into the little tomb and fetch it again when you return.

The lagging in China can be fixed by ctrl-shift-c, typing : resetsim * (this will reset all Sims in the game). It's a routing problem, Sims get stuck on two community lots (Dragon Springs and Hot Springs) which causes the lagging.

It's silly those problems aren't being solved, but it never stopped me from playing my favourite EP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited December 2013
    It's my favorite EP too!
    I also recommend (I read this long time ago in another post) that you go into edit town in China, click on the Hot Springs lot and Dragon Springs and change it to "No Visitors Allowed" This will stop other townies and adventurers going there and getting stuck.
    Worth doing it..
  • BOUMERINGUEBOUMERINGUE Posts: 14 New Member
    well it's 2021 now and there is still a problem with Pangu's axe: I obtained it from China, a long time ago but, now that I need it: it's gone.
    I tried going back to where it came from but to no avail.
    I just checked my famiky inventury and it's not there.
    I was going to try the cheat people recommenced but, to add insult to injury, my cheat box facility is also on the blink.
    I know it was working before because I used control, shift and C on Sims4 and it worked. I understand it's the same code for Sims3?Whenever I type control, sshift and C, the computer takes a picture!
    any other way of getting that forsaken Pangu's axe again? I play on a Mac
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Did you press all three keys at once, not in sequence? (You can start with Ctrl, but don't release it).
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @BOUMERINGUE In the 64-bit version of Sims 3, the cheats console opens with command-shift-C.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    One of my sims came back home and hung that axe on her wall. After that the save refused to load. I'm not going to bother with Pangu's Axe in the future. I think it's either bugged or cursed.

And I'd prefer Pingu's Axe if the game had one. :heart:

And will this necro'ed thread be locked now?
    cUrfGkA.gif