Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not breastfeed toddlers?

EA and Maxis agree capitalism or consumism?
I say, breastfeed tpddlers make them healthier and less prone to sick
Also, why there are special milk for 1-4 years?
to replace mother milk as society say they stop to breastfeed toddlers at 6 motnths

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Generations and Family gameplay are dead. The baby is still a table lamp.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Message to SimGurus... as youmade Eco Living Expansion Pack, to agree with that eco living, make than we can breastfeed toddlers
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Imma pass
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    That is a whole other animation and you know they don't have time for that. Also, while I agree it's normal and healthy it would freak a lot of people with sticks up their bums out.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    How do we know that the milk in the bottles is not mother's milk?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I never saw it as special milk for toddlers (in game) It's just regular milk in a sippy cup. In real life, I don't remember using any "special milk" once my kid was old enough for sippy cups. Just cow's milk.

The rest - yeah, it's an animation issue, more than anything else.
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    That is a whole other animation and you know they don't have time for that. Also, while I agree it's normal and healthy it would freak a lot of people with sticks up their bums out.

if is the norm, why will freak people?
    crocobaura wrote: »

hmm, as is The Simsd and there are no cows at TS4, you hava a point
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Toddlers are way too old for that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    EA and Maxis agree capitalism or consumism?
    I say, breastfeed tpddlers make them healthier and less prone to sick
    Also, why there are special milk for 1-4 years?
    to replace mother milk as society say they stop to breastfeed toddlers at 6 motnths

I think some people forget these are pixels not people and that this is a game that simulates real life and not an exact duplicate of real life. I would much rather time be spent on so many other things in the game rather than something so unnecessary.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don't want it. I know some mothers do it in real life but it's personally not something that I agree with and I feel it's unnecessary in the game.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yuk no thank you. Don’t need that much realism.

When you put it like that it raises some serious doubts as to where does the milk in a glass from the fridge comes from. :flushed::lol:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    cow plant
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    cow plant

Good enough. :smiley:
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    This is not something I would want, toddlers range in age from around 18 months to 2 years old clear up to a sim looking to be about 7 years old in the childhood stage.

Maybe if there was another life stage in-between the baby being tied to a bassinet to the toddlers life stage that was clearly younger, but as they are right now? ... yeah ... no, not for me.

I know that some people in RL do breastfeed well up to 3 years or older, but it always made me uncomfortable whenever a little one, who could clearly verbalize complete sentences and say "Mommy, I want to nurse" and then have the mom proceed to do it in public, not even in a private setting or covering herself (this was in the middle of a church service!)

When you put it like that it raises some serious doubts as to where does the milk in a glass from the fridge comes from. :flushed::lol:

Sanmyshuno rats
    edited February 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't want it. I know some mothers do it in real life but it's personally not something that I agree with and I feel it's unnecessary in the game.

My fahter side grandma did it with my dad
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Almond milk?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    When they are old enough to start eating solid food the breast milk alone is no longer enough nourishment to feed the baby for a meal. Continuing to feed them breast milk beyond a few months becomes less useful as feeding and more like a snack or a candy. 3 year old toddlers would use the breast more like a pacifier than actual food.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't have kids and know nothing about breastfeeding but this thread is very educational 😅😅 and very interesting @GalacticGal

I think it would just be too controversial because some people do it and it's perfectly normal for them but I know a lot of people that are outraged by it. My mom being one of them 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Given the already ignorant comments about breastfeeding beyond babyhood, thats why we don't, too many people would spout their ignorance of it and the fallout would be more epic that the one for JTB (any one saying toddlers don't need to be BF please go google, your ignorance is awful)
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    very interesting @GalacticGal

Considering Galaticgirl called BF a toddler weird, please don't take any of that to be gospel, BF is more that just about food, and despite saying its not needed, breast milk suddenly doesn't become unnutritional as soon as a child is a toddler. Babies don't develop a fetish, they are babies, they don't understand things like adult hang ups and believe me, no mother BF their toddler beyond one for their own good

For actual factual information, this is a charity page with more facts than "its weird" https://www.laleche.org.uk/breastfeeding-beyond-a-year/