Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling hurt by someone nearby...

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2020
    BMSO wrote: »
    My sims kids have been getting the same thing. However, I noticed that there is a meter on that sentiment and all the others that doing positive actions and friendly or funny actions from the apposing sim that caused it can take the meter down and it will fade and add a new sentiment. That meter appears in a thought bubble during the negative actions as a red circle.
    Adult sims get the same feeling hurt by someone near by too.

I've been able to drain the meter as you've suggested with all other sims with the hurt sentiment, but I've tried everything that would normally help with her as a toddler and nothing changed, the hurt still stayed full. Not time, space, or positive interactions affected it at all. It did, however, drain normally once she aged up to a child. I'm not sure why

Usually they go away after awhile on their own after they have been drained. My guess is there is a bug or there could be a mod interfering with them.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Doesn’t UI Cheats have a way to delete those? Maybe if you get another especially resentful toddler you can just get rid of any unreasonable sentiments.

Your supposed to be able to click the buff to make it disappear.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I would say although I can understand why your bit annoyed, it is rather realistic, toddlers in real life get upset of simplistic things, they are babies, they dont understand emotions yet, that gets taught to us through time how to control them, learn how too know reason aswell, toddlers take tantrums when things dont go their way or they cry if they get told not to do something, its realistic game play that most of us asked for, chaos is realism I'm sorry 😂 and realism is also not having the ability to control everything

I understand, I've worked with preschool/kindergarten children years back, and I get how reason and logic have to be developed and at the time are not all there, believe me, and thank you for the explanation honestly. It's just...what bothers me about it is that it lasted her entire toddlerhood without waning a bit, and it got to the point where it made her own life completely dysfunctional and hindered (well, pretty much stopped) her ability to gain skills as a toddler, and generally interact with the world. I have yet to meet a kindergartener not being able to function in class actively and are constantly crying over being disciplined for spilling paint on the floor when they were 2, not to mention I still have no idea what mom could have done to trigger this.

The whole toddlerhood ?, well if that's the case the developers need too atleast shorten down the negative emotions for toddlers a bit, that is a bit much if it lasts that long, maybe only a few hours in game time of the toddler feeling hurt, or maybe when after an adult sim told the toddler off for making a mess for example , giving them a cuddle or playing with toys with them gets rid of that sentiment and replaced with something nice @QueenMercy @justdancerebecca

Yes, literally the entire time. :( It started on her first day and it finally lapsed a few hours after aging up into a child. It was unbelievable. She allowed mom to try friendly interactions that would go towards lowering the hurt sentiment and I spent hours trying before that, but it didn't budge. Maybe a mod glitch unless other people are experiencing it to the severity I am

It's not a mod. I do not have mods in my game. And I've had the same experience - it doesn't get drained by interactions (if anything, trying to comfort the toddler actually causes a negative interaction). I wouldn't mind if it had some obvious cause or explanation, but there is nothing - just hurt feelings. Also, it will drain out, but as soon as the mother interacts with the toddler again (flash cards, dancing, whatever), it's back. If it's about wanting to 'do things myself' for the independent type, it's way overtuned. And the sentiment should explain that.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    My toddler felt this way about his mom for a little while. But the dad had a grudge sentiment against one of the other toddlers. He would get so tense and angry anytime his toddler was next to him. Thank goodness it finally went away. It was so annoying dealing with a tense/angry parent around their own toddler. Lol
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I would say although I can understand why your bit annoyed, it is rather realistic, toddlers in real life get upset of simplistic things, they are babies, they dont understand emotions yet, that gets taught to us through time how to control them, learn how too know reason aswell, toddlers take tantrums when things dont go their way or they cry if they get told not to do something, its realistic game play that most of us asked for, chaos is realism I'm sorry 😂 and realism is also not having the ability to control everything

I understand, I've worked with preschool/kindergarten children years back, and I get how reason and logic have to be developed and at the time are not all there, believe me, and thank you for the explanation honestly. It's just...what bothers me about it is that it lasted her entire toddlerhood without waning a bit, and it got to the point where it made her own life completely dysfunctional and hindered (well, pretty much stopped) her ability to gain skills as a toddler, and generally interact with the world. I have yet to meet a kindergartener not being able to function in class actively and are constantly crying over being disciplined for spilling paint on the floor when they were 2, not to mention I still have no idea what mom could have done to trigger this.

The whole toddlerhood ?, well if that's the case the developers need too atleast shorten down the negative emotions for toddlers a bit, that is a bit much if it lasts that long, maybe only a few hours in game time of the toddler feeling hurt, or maybe when after an adult sim told the toddler off for making a mess for example , giving them a cuddle or playing with toys with them gets rid of that sentiment and replaced with something nice @QueenMercy @justdancerebecca

Yes, literally the entire time. :( It started on her first day and it finally lapsed a few hours after aging up into a child. It was unbelievable. She allowed mom to try friendly interactions that would go towards lowering the hurt sentiment and I spent hours trying before that, but it didn't budge. Maybe a mod glitch unless other people are experiencing it to the severity I am

It's not a mod. I do not have mods in my game. And I've had the same experience - it doesn't get drained by interactions (if anything, trying to comfort the toddler actually causes a negative interaction). I wouldn't mind if it had some obvious cause or explanation, but there is nothing - just hurt feelings. Also, it will drain out, but as soon as the mother interacts with the toddler again (flash cards, dancing, whatever), it's back. If it's about wanting to 'do things myself' for the independent type, it's way overtuned. And the sentiment should explain that.

Ahhhh...that makes better sense, thank you. I'm assuming that's the reason why she never got the hurt sentiment for her dad as well, considering he pretty much did none of those things and let her be (until he disciplined her strictly, I guess). I'll have to watch out for that, and yeah I wish the buff could have said "from _____ trait" or something like that
    wr7jm5.png&quot

SimmerMars wrote: »
    My toddler felt this way about his mom for a little while. But the dad had a grudge sentiment against one of the other toddlers. He would get so tense and angry anytime his toddler was next to him. Thank goodness it finally went away. It was so annoying dealing with a tense/angry parent around their own toddler. Lol

I can't even imagine, yikes. I have yet to experience the latter, but i feel for you :#
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Today my sim was playing cards with her young adult daughter. My sim shouted forbidden words autonomously and her daughter showed the hurt sentiment icon. It happened so fast I almost missed it. I quickly had her do a smooth apology and it wiped the sentiment away. Poof, gone.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    My toddler got this sentiment with his mom, too. It happened when he was sad about something unrelated to their conversation and she tried to comfort him. He rejected it and the hurt sentiment icon popped up. He didn't have the independent trait, either. When he aged up to child, the meter on the sentiment was low and it looked like it was about to go away, but it changed to a deeply wounded sentiment instead. It was so weird. The child couldn't be around his mom without getting sad about whatever "pain" she caused. It was ridiculous. A child shouldn't be DEEPLY WOUNDED because one time as a toddler he didn't want his mom to hug him. I liked the idea of sentiments at first but now I'm not a fan of them. A sim shouldn't have a deeply wounded sentiment against his mom because she tried to comfort him.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    My toddler got this sentiment after playing with her mom - she also had a moodlet about the play being too rough or something, so I figured that her physical pain translated into an emotional wound in the new sentiments systems lol
    edited December 2020
    My toddler got this sentiment with his mom, too. It happened when he was sad about something unrelated to their conversation and she tried to comfort him. He rejected it and the hurt sentiment icon popped up. He didn't have the independent trait, either. When he aged up to child, the meter on the sentiment was low and it looked like it was about to go away, but it changed to a deeply wounded sentiment instead. It was so weird. The child couldn't be around his mom without getting sad about whatever "pain" she caused. It was ridiculous. A child shouldn't be DEEPLY WOUNDED because one time as a toddler he didn't want his mom to hug him. I liked the idea of sentiments at first but now I'm not a fan of them. A sim shouldn't have a deeply wounded sentiment against his mom because she tried to comfort him.

Yeah, I agree, and that's exactly what happened with mine, also. It was almost unplayable, mom and dad obviously had to be around her all the time and it made everyone miserable (including me lol), and I honestly don't think I've ever seen her happy OR at least fine.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    I wish sentiments offered more detail so you know how to resolve them. My scientist becomes down whenever he goes to work. I get sad when I go to work too :wink: but at least I know why that is.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I had a child that used to get that towards her parents a lot, starting when she was a toddler shortly before she aged up to child. It was strange, but I figured it out. Her parents both had the "mean" trait, even though I always played them as loving towards her (and each other). When playing them, they have an option to "crush her dreams" when talking to the child. I NEVER chose that option, but I'm guessing they probably did it on their own. Or they may have said or done other mean interactions, on their own. I also noticed the dad tended to lecture her a lot when she misbehaved, and that sometimes set it off. (I've had other parents lecture their kids without setting it off, but maybe she hates being lectured more than some other kids, especially from a dad with both mean and evil traits.)

BUT, I did discover that you can get rid of this moodlet by making the parent apologize to the kid. That improved her relationship with her parents a lot. I also got her to apologize to them when she set this moodlet off in one of them. (Yes, the child was making her parents feel this way too.) But smooth apology helps get rid of this (as long as your character has the ability to apologize.)

Since then I've noticed other Sims getting this, and not just from mean Sims. It's not just children that get it either. I've had adults getting it towards other adults too.

One of my guys got it after he caught a girl he liked in bed with her husband, on her wedding night. She had a moodlet saying she was caught cheating, and maybe shouldn't have been in too many relationships especially when one is supposed to be secret. I was like, "WHAT ??? " If she was in a secret relationship with this other guy, that was a secret from me too !!! I never even saw her flirt with him! I know she used to be a heartbreaker, but she stopped flirting with other men after she got pregnant and started living with the guy she eventually married. Why is this guy (who I didn't even know liked her) hurt from catching her sleeping with her long-time soulmate on their wedding night? What did he think she was gonna do on her wedding night?

But hey, it's kinda exciting to have something strange like that happen. I'm like WHAAAT ????? Those are the kinda surprises that make this game like a soap opera.

• HannahSims31HannahSims31 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I have been struggling with this for a while now, but my child's description doesn't say who has made her feel hurt. She stays angry and sad at this person hurting her for hours, does anyone know what to do? :# <3 <3 <3
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @HannahSims31 Look through her relationship panel and check everyone’s profiles. It’ll say.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Are the bios part of the game or is that from a mod? How do I access it?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    @floridameerkat If you’ve updated your game since the Snowy Escape patch, you can click on anyone in your Sim’s relationship panel and then click “open Sim profile”. You can’t give Sims individual bios yet; the profiles just contain all the information you used to be able to see when you hovered over the Sim, plus sentiments.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @floridameerkat If you’ve updated your game since the Snowy Escape patch, you can click on anyone in your Sim’s relationship panel and then click “open Sim profile”. You can’t give Sims individual bios yet; the profiles just contain all the information you used to be able to see when you hovered over the Sim, plus sentiments.

Can you only access it through the relationship panel?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    @AyKooChao @floridameerkat The hard part is that you have to scroll through all the relationships. At least the ones with sentiments have gold frames around them, so that narrows it down, but still. You have to scroll and click the profile and close the profile and go to the next sim and click the profile and close the profile etc etc. Sims in my game generally have many many screens of relationships, about a third of them with sentiments, and I often just don't bother taking the time to figure out who prompted a sentiment for someone.

It would be nice if the game would just tell you in the moodlet or hovertext.
  • Storylady70Storylady70 Posts: 123 Member
    I only do independent toddlers because I'm so sick of toddlers being sad because they were left behind.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    There are only a few toddler traits I usually pick, although I don't usually have a lot of toddlers in my saves. I don't understand why someone in their right minds would pick fussy but to each his own. :D

The only experience to date with someone having hurt feelings shared made complete sense. A couple who are inseparable took a skiing vacation and she had a horrible run down the slope and felt bad and her boyfriend felt bad for her. I find that refreshing and out of the ordinary for sims who usually don't notice anything. I love the sentiments!

Maybe if I'd had the experiences of others on here, I might not be so quick to praise, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    One of my toddlers got told off (strictly) by her dad for covering the porch with paint. Got stuck with a sentiment that made her unhappy every time he got too close. Sadly, I don't remember which trait she had.

Since father of the year loved his daughter, and wanted to spend time building sandcastles with her at least three times a week, she had ALOT of unhappy days. Playing with the longest life setting, and the sentiment never went away until she aged up to a child, so that was one sad kid I constantly had to comfort. Found it quite amusing, this was the first time ever where I actually had a strained family relationship in Sims 4. Was no talking myself outta that situation. Hope to see more of that, both positive and negative long-lasting sentiments.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had one of my sims go after Victor Feng (i hope i wrote the name well..). He's married but i thought they would make a good couple anyway. She made friends with him and then started flirting him. He didn't liked it and she got the hurt feeling towards him. I thought this was so cool... It's not always that a sim gets this feeling in this situation, so for me it was a great indicator of how much she cares for him... i really love sentiments!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am so tired of the sad mood my one sim gets when the other is not happy. It’s ridiculous.
  • CryCry Posts: 1 New Member
    1.enter the cheats bar by pressing control, shift c
    2. Type- "Testingcheats true" to enable cheats
    3. Type the code below/copy and paste, replacing the first names and last names with the sims you want to remove the sentiment from.

modifyrelationship firstname lastname firstname lastname -100 sentimenttrack_hurt_st_generic
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm probably the only simmer who likes solving negative emotions.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top