Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cauldron bug?

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
I am not sure if this is a game bug or mod related bug but sometimes when I get my spellcaster to make a potion, usually plentiful needs, she will make the potion as normal, nothing different, she bottles it all up but it places in the inventory as bowls of chilli. They count as chilli so sims can eat it so it isn't just a visual bug.
If it's mod related I can't begin to imagine what one it would be linked to, has anyone else seen this problem?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I’ve had it too. Either a bug or a backfire I think, as it doesn’t happen that often.

—T
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    That's happed to me, but my sim had actually started making chili autonomously and I stopped him. A bit later I got rid of the chili (forgot it was there) so he could brew. Just shift-click on the cauldron & choose the reset object option.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Wow! I love that and wish it would happen to my potion student every once in a while!

"I intended this to be a potion to help you study but instead it turned out to be....... very delicious Cincinnati 5-way chili?"

• Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    That's happed to me, but my sim had actually started making chili autonomously and I stopped him. A bit later I got rid of the chili (forgot it was there) so he could brew. Just shift-click on the cauldron & choose the reset object option.
    My sims are forever trying to make either mac n cheese or chilli but I stop them and make them discard. I'll try resetting it and see if that helps, thanks.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    was the cauldron empty before you started brewing?
    I have a bug(?) where the cauldron still looks full if I bottle up too early (before the second poof), maybe these two are related?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    was the cauldron empty before you started brewing?
    I have a bug(?) where the cauldron still looks full if I bottle up too early (before the second poof), maybe these two are related?

Yeah I always make sure it's empty first. I do have stuff left in after bottling up as well and have to discard contents.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I had a bug where my sim actually made chili but then when he took a serving it suddenly changed to mac n cheese! :D
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    joydovejoydove Posts: 53 Member
    This keeps happening to me too, except with mac and cheese, and usually when I'm trying to make the plentiful needs potion. They can eat it, but I want All of their needs filled, not just hunger. Please fix.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    My sim autonomously made 7 days worth of mac and cheese in her cauldron. 20 meals are in the fridge because she ate one bowl. She wasn't making a potion at the time. She was hungry. I didn't think it was possibly a bug. I am thinking about making her eat a lot of mac and cheese.