Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of these international locations would you want most?

Comments

• AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2021
    Any recommendation for floral garden city or waterfront?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Icelandic Town
    As a person from Northern Europe, I'd love something like that in the game. The worlds we currently have don't really suit Northern European architecture. That being said, I'm all for any type of world as long as it's not inspired by the US because there are enough worlds in-game inspired the US already...
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited February 2021
    I would rather like a city looking like Prague or St. Petersburg, I love the architecture and cities that look more old-timey...
    just look at this!
    98.jpg
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Wheres my beautiful little Scotland 🤣, I cant see it 😂

Wouldn't a Scottish world just be the same as Windenburg? The landscapes are pretty much exactly the same
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Greek Island
    I actually want greek but I think Sims 4 already have way too many european-like countries.

What about middle east? city like Hebron, Jerusalem or Beirut.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Greek Island
    I want Greek Mythology, however I wouldn't mind an Ancient Egyptian world for my Cleopatra sim.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Indian Village
    Onverser wrote: »

Wouldn't a Scottish world just be the same as Windenburg? The landscapes are pretty much exactly the same

Last time someone mixed up Britain and Germany things went bad ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cambodian Floating Village
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I want Greek Mythology, however I wouldn't mind an Ancient Egyptian world for my Cleopatra sim.
    Yeah it would be interesting. My grandmother loved teaching about Greek and Egyptian mythology. Probably why I would prefer Atlantis over Greek island because it has the Greek style, it is just underwater and was described by Plato. I asked SimGuruGraham about it too and he said in any of the Sims games, it would be the most possible in the Sims 4 to do. He did such an amazing job with houseboats, would be neat to see him take it one step further with underwater living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

Plus I play Subnautica and underwater living just works well in that game.
    subnautica-below-zero-arctic-update.jpg?itok=N3xaOftf
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    South African Bush
    Having played all worlds from all versions, I want a safari grassland, and a congested South Asian marketplace with rickshaws.

We've done Egypt, France, Scotland already.
    edited February 2021
    Italian Coastal Town

Seriously though what would be the difference landscape wise? Scotland looks exactly the same as Windenburg
    windenburg1.png
    windenburg2.png
    windenburg3.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Greek Island
    @Onverser

How about a California beach town like Santa Barbara, or Laguna Beach of Ventura beach, or Morro Bay, or Pismo Beach...... with surfing as well as swimming in the Ocean. A nice big pier with games and amusement rides, beach chairs and Umbrellas. A juice Shack with fancy drink glasses. A sweet shop with all kinds of different taffy. A T shirt and sweat shirt shop. Lots of little clutter items to fill a souvenir shop. At least 6 beachside lots for homes or retail stores, bars, restaurants or other lots. And at least two residential neighborhoods with 20x30 and 30x40 size lots. A downtown area where all ages can roller skate on the sidewalk and all ages have bikes, or trikes etc. give us some new shells to collect, a big boat to go deep sea fishing. Maybe even a whale watching boat.
    Indian Village

Seriously though what would be the difference landscape wise? Scotland looks exactly the same as Windenburg
    windenburg1.png
    windenburg2.png
    windenburg3.png

The houses are very distinctly different. The distinct fasads with visible beams is something you basically only see in a line from Germany thru Denmark and up to the very southern parts of Sweden (which was part of Denmark for many centuries). Windenburg IS an amalgam of European cities, but it's like 80% German, 10% French, 10% Dutch. There is nothing Eastern European, English or say Italian about it.
    edited February 2021
    Italian Coastal Town

windenburg1.png
    windenburg2.png
    windenburg3.png

The houses are very distinctly different. The distinct fasads with visible beams is something you basically only see in a line from Germany thru Denmark and up to the very southern parts of Sweden (which was part of Denmark for many centuries). Windenburg IS an amalgam of European cities, but it's like 80% German, 10% French, 10% Dutch. There is nothing Eastern European, English or say Italian about it.

So essentially if they were to make a Scottish world it would be very similar to Windenburg just with a different style of architecture
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Greek Island

windenburg1.png
    windenburg2.png
    windenburg3.png

So essentially if they were to make a Scottish world it would be very similar to Windenburg just with a different style of architecture

But with kilts and bagpipes. :smiley:
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Hmmm...I actually like most of ‘em. I would love an Icelandic world but the floating village and the African bush also tickle my fancy! I’m sure they will all look great in The Sims 4. I’d have an easy time enjoying gameplay in any of these worlds.

Let’s go for an Irish Coastal Village instead shall we 😋? A little village run by small, bearded men in green coats and funny hats.
    The landscape would be surrounded by misty islands that your sim can visit after drinking too much fermented potato juice.
    Once your sim reaches one of the islands -it takes a lot of potato juice, no glimmer stones allowed- your sim can find a portal which will teleport him or her or they or it to the Other Worlds. These Other Worlds are full of fairies and dragons. And pubs run by werewolves.
    Indian Village
    crocobaura wrote: »

windenburg1.png
    windenburg2.png
    windenburg3.png

But with kilts and bagpipes. :smiley:

Somehow I hear that in the voice of Bender Bender Rodriguez...
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    South African Bush
    An African city sounds like an amazing idea. It is not something that's commonly seen in media, so I would love it in my sims game.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited February 2021
    Back in 2013 and 2014 an artist named Tony Ianiro did some concept art for the game

mwp9un4.png

which is the Sims version of the Italian town Vernazza

7GOaZD9.png

• FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    South African Bush
    I would love for the Sims to focus on some noneuropean worlds. I would definitely like to see an Indian Village or South African Bush
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would like to see all of these but also Native American, Egyptian, Babylonian etc. I would want somebody familiar with both the culture and architecture working on the project. As much as I love the builders used in Snowy Escape they were obviously unfamiliar with the concept of a Japanese Garden or the Japanese style of Architecture and didn't bother to actually research it from the results from my observations. Building a craftsman or mid-century and putting a "Japanese" style roof on it doesn't bring any justice to the Japanese style of architecture. I had to rebuild all the builds using Japanese homes and tea houses as my inspiration for Snowy Escape and I never do that with builds in a pack. I don't want to have to do that much work again on a pack giving us a new world be it a destination spot or a world our sims can live in.

If I offended anybody I apologize that was far from my intent.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Let’s go for an Irish Coastal Village instead shall we 😋? A little village run by small, bearded men in green coats and funny hats.
    The landscape would be surrounded by misty islands that your sim can visit after drinking too much fermented potato juice.
    Once your sim reaches one of the islands -it takes a lot of potato juice, no glimmer stones allowed- your sim can find a portal which will teleport him or her or they or it to the Other Worlds. These Other Worlds are full of fairies and dragons. And pubs run by werewolves.

yess i'd love a fairytale kind of pack, and Ireland seems very suitable for it! also, we could get a Celtic music radio station too. <3
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Moroccan Town
    Oooh good choices and very difficult to pick one
    I picked Moroccan as the build/buy and Cas would be beautiful and different from a lot of whats on offer. Howver greek island, south africa and cambodia are all equally as thrilling.
    edited February 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Onverser

How about a California beach town like Santa Barbara, or Laguna Beach of Ventura beach, or Morro Bay, or Pismo Beach...... with surfing as well as swimming in the Ocean. A nice big pier with games and amusement rides, beach chairs and Umbrellas. A juice Shack with fancy drink glasses. A sweet shop with all kinds of different taffy. A T shirt and sweat shirt shop. Lots of little clutter items to fill a souvenir shop. At least 6 beachside lots for homes or retail stores, bars, restaurants or other lots. And at least two residential neighborhoods with 20x30 and 30x40 size lots. A downtown area where all ages can roller skate on the sidewalk and all ages have bikes, or trikes etc. give us some new shells to collect, a big boat to go deep sea fishing. Maybe even a whale watching boat.
    You are really hitting home with those suggestions. That was my childhood. <3

I loved the wharf with the candy shop and ice cream shop and toy shop and sea food. It was nice seeing the Doctors sail every Wednesday and hearing the seals bark. The paddle boarding was nice too. I would boogie board and body board myself. There was also sandboarding in the shallow water and tide pools. I had a very happy childhood and beach has always been my happy place. Bars, retail, and fancy restaurants aren't super big in beach towns. It is more laid back kind of like Hawaii with eating sea food and Mexican and fast food places. There was also a nice art show at the beach and biking and rollerblading and skateboarding near the beach too. Volleyball was a ton of fun too. I think the pier you are thinking about is the Santa Monica pier and Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco with the fancier things and carnival type things. I remember getting so sick whale watching, but it was a ton of fun. I wouldn't mind an aquarium venue either. That is why I got the Island Living pack is because it has a lot of beach activities like collecting shells, sailing, and sea fishing. That pack reminds me a lot of what it was like growing up in California.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited February 2021
    bella_goth wrote: »

yess i'd love a fairytale kind of pack, and Ireland seems very suitable for it! also, we could get a Celtic music radio station too. <3
    I think Iceland would work too. I enjoy some movies and some music that was performed there and always felt magical. Norway did too.
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F28%2F2017%2F03%2Fmount-kirkjufell-iceland-northern-lights-INSTAICELAND0317.jpg&q=85

iStock-840781672-1.jpg

The way Aurora takes about her home is like a fairy describing her forest how magical everything is and I just loved watching this documentary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vdBorK67tk

She did a song in the Vampire pack in Simlish which had me excited about representation in other places in music at least at that time. So I hope to see packs themselves expand beyond the current bubble the game is in now. Why I love hearing all these ideas. The Quiet Man is also one of my favorite movies. My grandpa was from Dublin one of 13 children.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Italian Coastal Town
    Italian Town can be amazing but only if we get townhouses and apartments because houses are no such popular in Europe as in US.

Naples.jpg