Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are safe/normal PC temperatures when simming?

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
Hi :smile:
I just bought a new laptop and was wondering, what are safe/normal temperatures for the processor cores, hard drive and GPU when simming?
Also what are really comfortable temperatures, and at what point would things be getting too hot?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not really sure about absolute specifics, but I think it depends largely on your build. For example, my old laptop (which was indeed fairly old, but not necessarily compared to 4 and played the game well enough) was lava hot running 4. Seriously. You could barely touch certain parts when it was running. It stayed that way without frying until I replaced it.

Now the new one with much more powerful parts does not get nearly as hot, but I sprung for upgraded thermal paste and added thermal pads because it had been a problem with my old one.

So it depends, but if it is too hot to touch, it could probably use extra ventilation and care, etc.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My experience:
    - I have all dlc (except for jorney to batuu).
    - My laptop is an icore 7 8th generation with 8gb ram
    - My laptop has been working very well for sims 4 until very recently (1 year aprox)
    - since then, i have to play in medium graphics.
    - since then, i can't add big mods, like for example mccc, otherwise my laptop will get super hot and i can hear it making great effort to work.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Laptop always overheats, that's one reason why PC is better. But it shouldn't go over 90 celsius.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Laptop always overheats, that's one reason why PC is better. But it shouldn't go over 90 celsius.

I've got a 10th generation i7 processor, and it occasionally spikes to 95 during a virus scan.
    Gallery ID: babysquare