Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    February (Monday) - DAY 7: Mobile DJ Booth

sakura-at-home-practicing.png
    A regular school day for Sakura. She worked hard and even made a new friend. When she got home, she got a call that her mobile DJ booth would be delivered within the hour! She called Joaquin to ask if he could come over and help her move some items in her house to make room for the DJ booth. He was more than happy to help. He even brought over some old posters to decorate her room a bit. Sakura was glad she had called him because even though the piano was on wheels, it took the two of them to re-position it in the room. After checking that everything worked and showing Sakura some special effects on the booth, Sakura made some grilled cheese dinner for the two of them.

joaquin-coming-to-move-furniture.png

Joaquin: "Sakura, now that you have that mobile DJ booth, you should host a party!"

Sakura: "A party?"

Joaquin: "Sure! I can help you set up and you can DJ."

Sakura: "Well, I just spent a lot of simoleons on that DJ booth, and with food and drinks for a party..."

they-rearranged-the-furniture-and-joaquin-said-that-sakura-should-have-a-party.png

Joaquin: "No worries, there, Sakura. Just set out some drinks and snacks and it will be fine. It won't be very expensive."

Sakura: "Okay, that sounds like fun."

a-party-friday-night.png

Joaquin: "I'm free Friday night if that works for you...I can come over early..around 7:30 pm?"

Sakura: "Alright! I will have my very first party! Oh, thanks, Joaquin. I am getting excited about this!"

joaquin-helped-her-with-her-homework.png

Joaquin stayed for a while and helped Sakura with her homework and special credit work. Her homework seemed to take up most of the night and then Joaquin had to leave.

Sakura's garden needed tending, and it took forever. But right now, it was her only source of income, so she had to keep it up. Maybe her garden was too big for her and she should cut it down...or maybe not. When she had arrived home from school, she had gathered everything in her mailbox, and of course, there was the pile of bills. Oh my gosh! $2,109 simoleons just for the lot taxes! And now with the DJ Booth, she had to turn on the electricity! This was awful.

oh-my-gosh-the-bills.png

She had to think of another way to earn some simoleons. She would think about that tomorrow. And with that, her night was done. "So little time to do anything," Sakura thought to herself.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @lilypadmeulin - Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to meeting your sim and reading your stories :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    @SoulGal7 I suggest frog breeding and collecting for some extra simoleons. If you complete the curator aspiration, she will get the appraiser trait that allows her to sell certain collectables to the Simsonian Museum and get more money for them then just selling from the inventory. Jules makes a lot of money between collecting and gardening. And if you get two rare frogs to breed, you can usually get a frog worth 100 simoleons every time, super quick way to make money
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @lilypadmeulin - Welcome to the challenge! Looking forward to meeting your sim and reading your stories :)

Thank you! I'm going to do it in the same commentary style as my legacy challenge, but at the same time I'm super excited to join this community! ^^
    Meet Jenny Proserpin! I revamped her for this challenge!

02-09-21_1-20-26_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Life Stage: Teen
    Traits: Music Lover, Romantic
    World: Mt. Komorebi
    Neighborhood: Wakaba
    Lot: 2-4-3 Wakabamori (I bulldozed the lot!)
    Season Length: 28 Days

I started with 0 Simoleons, and let me tell you, this is the first time I've ever done that and I'm legitimately concerned for her.

Day 1!
    So, Jenny went exploring, as I don't really know Komorebi all that well and haven't even found where to fish yet. Even after a full day I failed, but she did find this beautiful little mountain shrine and took some pictures to sell.

02-09-21_1-26-07_PM.png?width=721&height=577

After that, she did her homework...outside in the rain. Oh, joy.

02-09-21_1-33-03_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Luckily she can afford onigiri, though I think a rain-soaked, starving teenager didn't make a good impression on this vendor. However, Jenny didn't really care and scarfed down the food!

02-09-21_1-36-36_PM.png?width=721&height=577

While she was eating, some sort of celebrity meet and greet happened with Orange Bailey-Moon, and people started clustering around. I figured Jenny could probably get an autograph and sell it for some cash, but unfortunately she was turned down, and the meet and greet ended after. Welp, guess that's not happening.

02-09-21_1-37-46_PM.png?width=721&height=577

She did, however, meet Kiyoshi (is that mandatory, haha? I see him in a lot of people's stories) and they took a selfie together and hung out for a bit.

02-09-21_1-42-13_PM.png?width=721&height=577

After that, and planting some spinach on our lot, I tried again without luck to find a fishing spot. Where is it? Can someone help? Either way, Jenny had earned enough money to purchase a Simmi capsule...which proceeded to get stuck in the machine. Her luck is just terrible today!

02-09-21_1-54-04_PM.png?width=721&height=577

It ended up being Buddy, which was bad because he's not worth very much at all and I don't even like him. I tried again, and got a SECOND Buddy. I sold one, and lamented how today hadn't gone very well, and then sent Jenny to nap on a nearby bench. Maybe things will look up tomorrow?

02-09-21_1-55-38_PM.png?width=721&height=577
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @SoulGal7
    Day 6: Argh, Siobhan, you're absolutely annoying. Deep inside she loves the outfit but she just can't admit it. Oh, apparently Kiyoshi is popular amongst the Paragons :D I love how you 'made' a TV, hahahahhaah. Very inventive! Oh, so now you like Sakura, Siobhan? Ughhhh so annoying. I absolutely hate Siobahn from now on hahahahahaha. Nobody dares to stand up on her. What's she going to do? Fight? Hahahah don't let me laugh. Oh yeah, and then there's also Wolfgang. Almost forgot about him hahahahaha.

Day 7: I love the renovation details in your story. Most people (including me) are like *boom* and now there's a new space, but you actually go through the trouble of re-positioning everything with Sakura and Joaquin, he took posters with him, the delivery, ... Everything! I love it.

@Karababy52
    Day 8: Hahahahah I would also be that kind of person that forgets it's actually Sunday :D Lovely deck side! Oh boy, Vanessa isn't doing very well... Hope she'll feel better soon.

Comments: Jade will get better eventually (because I now have completed the aspiration so Bryon doesn't need to be the leader anymore), but yeah, it made for a nice story, hehe. Marcus is super sweet actually! And his wife is too. Johnny mostly joined the club because the club will go on investigation together, and it's easy to get them all in one place just with the gathering button :P Eliza (Marcus' wife) joined the club as the last person. She'll play a bigger role too, since she's the detective and all. Paolo doesn't know about Yuka being a lesbian and Yuka doesn't notice Paolo's behavior because she doesn't have eyes for guys. It's really a funny event xD Meanwhile Marcus is there like 'Boy, you gotta stop doing that', hahaha!

@permanentrose
    I love how Mario set the house on fire on his first night in the house HAHAHAH. Luckily Jules was there to save him. She even did the dishes! Wait, so Mario invites Becca over but then Jules has to entertain her? xD That makes no sense. At least she's nice! Oh yeah, fastest remedy to fill the fun indeed. XDD

Hahahaah maybe I should recall Partihaus to Detectihaus or something. Okay no that's weird. xD Thanks for filling me in on the Schulz sibs!!

@lilypadmeulin
    Hi there! Welcome! I saw you joined us and I'm exited to see what Jenny will get herself into. Are you just going to do 11 months instead of 12? Anyways, I wish her the best of luck!

Ahhhh you already know Bryon! Glad to see a fan^^ I indeed submitted the guy in two Bachelor Challenges but he had no luck and I felt so sorry for him. I admire the guy as it's my own creation, so I felt this was the best opportunity for him.

Day 1: Oh, I know the trouble of not finding anything. Been there done that xD Too bad Jenny didn't get an autograph. But at least she met Kiyoshi ahahhahaha! I think every Sim in here met him xD I let him slide after their meeting because I was like 'nope, too much Kiyoshi in here', and now I'm way further in the game and my game already generated a lot of random people hehehe. I know there's a fishing and swimming spot in the neighborhood all down on the map (I'm not good with names). You can travel there maybe! Nawww, poor Jenny has to sleep on a bench :( I hope that tomorrow will be better!

Also! I have uploaded every sim into my own game. Do you want to upload Jenny too so she can appear in my game and maybe my story? Don't know if you read it, but Jules has been stealing the show in my game, hahaha.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited March 2021
    February 9
    02-08-21-9-34-48-pm.png

Bryon's Diary
    "Johnny had to watch Willie. Jerrod was stuck in a meeting at work. He excused himself and asked me if I could go to Marcus’ place on my own. I would’ve felt more comfortable if Johnny was around because I know nothing about my mother, but guess I have no choice. Well, there we go. I still know how impressed I was when I saw Marcus’ house. It’s so big… Okay, no time for daydreaming. Gotta knock the door! Marcus’ wife opened almost immediately after. It seemed like she just came home from work because she was still wearing her uniform. “Hi. I’m Bryon Ellison. Marcus invited me over”. “Oh, hi! Eliza Flex, nice to meet you. Marcus told me about your visit. Weren’t you supposed to come with your brother or something?”. “Yeah, I was, but my brother sadly couldn’t make it, sorry”. “No problem! Please come in”. Marcus was in the kitchen, eating his dinner. “Hey Bryon! Don’t mind me, I’m just hungry. Where’s Johnny?”. He sat down and took a bite. “He couldn’t make is, so today it’s just me on my own”. “Ahhh, okay”. Marcus turned around again and took another bite of his food. “So”, Eliza then said. “Tell me something more about your problem”. I nodded. “It all started two days ago. My brother came home from school and he found a note. This one”. I took the note out of my pocket. “Can I read it?”. “Sure, here”. I gave the note to Eliza and she started to read it. “I’m borrowing Randi for the time being. We have a lot to catch up on”. Eliza looked puzzled. “First of all, who’s Randi?”. “Ah, Randi is my birth mother”. “You got adopted?”. “Hehe, no. I got… Ah, that’s not important. It’s just a little complicated”. “Hm… Okay. I won’t ask any questions”. Eliza analyzes the note, but then sighs. “I’m sorry, but I think I need some time to analyze this letter at work. We have better equipment there. Are you okay with that?”. “Yeah, sure”. “I’ll try my best to help the two of you out. Can I have your number? I’ll let you know when I find something”. We exchanged numbers. Johnny will be happy to hear this. We’ve got the help we need. Now it’s only a matter of time. Mother will be back soon. “Thank you so much, miss Flex”. “Oh please, call me Eliza, haha!”.

Extra photo's
    Ink9xy5.png
    Eliza and Bryon having their conversation.

SznqwKu.png
    Here's proof that Bryon's aspiration is completed! In this picture, Bryon asked Eliza to join the club and she said yes!!

Behind the scenes - Marcus and Eliza
    5PFVAfy.png
    Eliza: “Marcus… The only clue is this letter. If there's nothing to find on this thing, we've got nothing”
    Marcus: “You’re the best detective in town, Eliza. If someone can do this, it’s you”
    Eliza: “Ugh… I hope you’re right…"

HCKjGZC.png
    Eliza: "What's that smell?"

Uh-oh.

j7U42Xj.png
    I sometimes forget that Eliza has the Clumsy trait. Oops.
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    @Skeilah

Jenny is on my gallery (same name as here!) and she's both uploaded as a young adult or a teenager, your choice! Feel free to download her into your game - I think that's a really great idea to have all the participating Sims in your game.

I looked all over Wakaba, because that's the neighbourhood Jenny is in and I think the one you're talking about, but while she could swim, she couldn't fish! It's spring at the moment though, so maybe that's why? Who knows...

But I'm planning on doing the full 12 months! I know that'll push me over into February, but I figure more people will join this challenge too. It seems really popular already and I have to admit it's TREMENDOUSLY fun. Maybe it's the challenge of it, but it's really involving and I already can't wait for tomorrow.

Congratulations on Bryon completing his Aspiration!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member

@permanentrose , Club was originally Malcolm's , but I played him and ended the club, and then Melody formed it again to be hers, at some point in January :)
    your update- Becca clearly seems nicer than her sister :) Ouch Mario.. why not make something what does not need the stove next time? Or leftovers? :smiley: Okay that "needs fun" part is important :p I have had so many 2% risky woo hoo babies happened in my main save, that I am not so sure what to expect from Melody after she grows up.. LOL

@Skeilah , yes, that idea came to my mind when I was giving her new clothing.. "Why not use only things from GT+base?". Haha, that other outfit was her second casual outfit, what she randomly put on after shower at Onsen :p
    your update- Oh you are so close to finish that aspiration, great! :smiley: And great that his brother joined the club too!
    And your second update- YAY! Aspiration done !! :smiley: And again great behind the scenes!

@Hermitgirl , I decided to do the mountain aspiration with Malcolm too, if he gets hurt, I'll count it as done and cheat the part from Melody :joy:

@SoulGal7 , day 6- I like Sakura's outfit, and aww that she saw that tv report about Kiyoshi!!
    day 7 - Glad Sakura has a good friend like Joaquin , who was happy to help her out :) I hope she will have a great party, to get her thoughts a bit elsewhere from missing Kiyoshi so much.

@Karababy52 , Melody formed that club already at SE world , originally Malcolm had one, but I ended that club :) That's why already 7 members, and gym clubs are easy ones to collect points :)
    Thanks for your words about the wedding set, yes I build it up fast on another save and just plopped it in there :)
    your update- I love how that house looks, color combos and all. Okay, haha, I was wrong, she does not have forgotten Josh :smile:

@lilypadmeulin , Welcome aboard :smiley: There is a picture what helps you to find the fishing spot in this post: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17765805/#Comment_17765805
    Your update- Ahh.. Jenny's first day reminds me of Melody's start.. those nights at the park benches :p Haha yes, seems that Kiyoshi is mandatory :D like @Skeilah , I skipped him too after they met, and he is actually married (MCCC) with Luna Villareal now :smiley:

~~~~~~~~~~

jVaUwNd.png

Melody Connors
    Day 6 (February)

R8hP9iC.png
    DvHC9hs.png
    Off to school.
    UpW6eA7.png
    And when back, she needed to mail that large painting , what someone had bought via Plopsy!
    NHUGAsG.png
    Then lets go to the old town..
    7lVqR4w.png
    Okay.. takes too long to get anything from this cafe.. haha..
    URpi07P.png
    NBGLKoN.png
    Lets go to restaurant what was new in town! (from gallery)
    kYlICxM.png
    0XjxAfi.png
    Her waiter was Don Lothario....
    ClkUEKM.png
    ... who was surprisingly fast with delivering the food!
    SCPY7i7.png
    vOEA7y6.png
    And the food was good!
    7HQjkEb.png
    Little bit games in the bar.
    RXSLQUa.png
    And fishing :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~

cc3osrJ.png

Melody Connors
    Day 7 (February)

NEBhzvB.png
    "I do NOT want to go to school!!!!!!!!!"
    It is saturday...
    "Oh??"
    KZfS6Ng.png
    Some chess playing.
    Joey: "YOU again???"
    @AlwaysAsking
    rlmrH39.png
    Well lets call the club meeting, then..
    Joey: "YOU again???"
    e85sZ9V.png
    Fine! Better here anyway.
    2TPklWI.png
    And the... thing again, haha.
    JFvmcTk.png
    Good girl, fix them they most likely break again tomorrow :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu

Thank you so much!
    My eyes went so wide when I saw who the waiter was, lol! Good on Melody for selling her paintings on Plopsy!
    @lilypadmeulin
    I'm going to download her soon! Bryon is of course also on the Gallery. My ID is SCNVM. I also have copies of a Jules without CC and a Roxanne. Could be needed to check the CC box just because my game is weird and checks everything as CC but there's no CC in there. :D

Hmmmm... I don't know... Maybe I'll travel back to Mt. Komorebi with Bryon to check hehe. I'll let you know! You going to do 2 worlds in one month then? Or what's the plan? :P Or just start in February and end in February?

I also love the challenge. It's also so nice to see everything coming together. I keep a website (see first page) and there I upload the daily picture and now it's becoming like a photo-story. It's soooo awesome.

@Skeilah

Starting and ending in February - I want the full experience! I don't have all the packs, though, so I'll probably end up with one of Jenny's kids 'inheriting' the challenge? Who knows, haha.

You're right, it's great to see everything come together, and it's such an exciting challenge. I really hope it becomes a staple of the Sims Forums! It seems to be taking off in a really big way!
    @lilypadmeulin , haha, Don is usually always either a bartender or a waiter in my saves :p

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm behind again!
    Going to comment first then try to play catch up. Welcome @lilypadmeulin!
    @SoulGal7 I like you working in the paintings into the story like that. Of course that horse needs some work! I'm really starting to really dislike the Paragons.. but then again Wolfgang's could prove just as bad. Time will tell. I liked her night with Joaquin, made me smile. I hope that party goes well.
    @Karababy You should just play the game as you feel it and if you want to take that pic there is no reason to not just go in game for a moment and do it. I'm going to try to take that advise myself actually. I'm getting behind because I feel like I need to play more than I sometimes have time for. I love your plant display by the way. I have some of that in Roxannes garden areas. Might stick a few more things on the walls too :). I forget about clutter very often.
    @permanentrose Poor Mario being called the needy boy lol. I do gotta admit though it's a quick way to up the fun meter to have them around sometimes.
    @lilypadmeulin Your girl is so cute... and uggh the first day is terrible she's gonna be all kinds of stinky. Are you going to make use of community lots to green?
    @Skeilah I did mean congrats on your aspiration the other day, not mine. Roxanne isn't there yet. I figured with Bryon becoming club leader you were close though :). So grats! Lol and the clumsy trait is fun to play with!
    @Ellupelluellu Da..rrn. She's surrounded by gorgeous guys. You take great pictures, very vivid, and definitely capturing where Melody is, looks wonderful.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Ellupelluellu

Ohhhh, my poor little Joey... Always beaten by a teenager. 🙄 Lol! he’s too adorable to be logical. 😂 Plus he’s blond. 🤣😅

J/k, I am blond myself. Not all of us are airheads 😉 But yeah, we just can’t count on him to have any logic points.

Jasper does though, he should be kicking butt at chess clubs! I’m not sure about The Dash. 🤔 Somehow I have doubts that I uploaded him with any logic in his cute little pixel mind. 😅

I’m not surprised that Max cheats. I’m glad it didn’t help him win 😂

Can you really up her fun by making her play piano? All it ever did to my son was make him crabby, lol

I thought you tagged me so I could see Don working hard and being miserable about it. The man is meant to be a playboy, not a waiter 🤣😅

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @AlwaysAsking , And your Joey still suffers from "Watcher does not own parenthood and I have gym pants from that pack"-Syndrome :joy: Lets just say that climbing wall picture was challenging to take :p Yes, she gets a little fun from piano, plus skill, plus tips :) And about Don, I thought of that, but no reason to tag you twice, haha :p

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    February Day 8 Winterfest
    xSBCCY2.png

Winterfest has rolled around again in Roxanne's world. I'm considering making the seasons longer since she's a teen for so many months but it is the sims. This is her second though.
    She was excited to know Clement was coming since he so often just showed up out of the blue. She had fun decorating and Bonehilda hung out to give her support.
    Oh, I found out she couldn't give a flower arrangement as a Winterfest gift so... booo! Because that's what she had planned for everyone. Anyway, she ended up giving a pricey camera she had in her inventory. Funny thing is that is exactly what she got back.
    They had the standard Winterfest. Which of course had to end with a massage right? I have to admit to a dirty mind, sorry... Clement was doing a belly laugh in that last picture. Honestly he was!
    AO8oJUc.png
    mqpApZN.png
    e4WmaCY.png
    gYtJ2RI.png
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl , LMAO at your last comment.. now when I look at the last picture again .. it's like once you see it you cannot unsee it :joy: Indeed funny that she got back the same camera .. or similar at least :p Lovely winterfest :)

@Hermitgirl
    Roxanne looks so cute in her Winterfest outfit! Also...I don't know why I'm giggling over Father Winter getting a massage from Mrs Claus, but I am, I'm giggling.

Someone mentioned earlier that they used the onsen to clean or something like that, so I figure she can use that. But a shower is definitely going to be one of the first things I get for her! Poor Jenny.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Whoa! This thread got busy while I was sleeping eh? I love it! <3 I'll reply and comment on all your wonderful daily posts later tonight. I need to make dinner, feed my cats, spend some time with Hubby before he goes to bed and some other chores first.

However, I do want to Welcome you to the challenge @lilypadmeulin! I apologize for not being here to answer your questions, I keep weird hours in relation to everyone else. I see others have stepped up to the plate though and helped you out. Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it! You'll find that everyone is very helpful and enthusiastic here which makes me smile so big. I never expected anyone else would be interested and want to try my challenge, but I'm so glad that y'all are doing it along with me, it makes it even more fun that way! :)

I'm glad you've jumped right in and started already with your Sim, Jenny Proserpin! She's very cute! Her experience reminds me a lot of how Tessa started out. Rags to Riches style can be tough, but it's so satisfying watching/helping them succeed in life, eh? Others have mentioned using the Onsen to fill needs and that's perfectly acceptable. We've also decided that Newcrest is a 'neutral' world, so if you want to plop down a gym there or any other kind of venue for Jenny to use, you could do that as well. :)

Alrighty, off to go make dinner, and I still need to play so I can make my post for today! o.O I'll be back later as mentioned above, have a great rest of your day/night everyone! *Hugs* <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Skeilah Yay for Eliza! She was a great sim for you to think to add to this save and to the club. She and Marcus are cute together. I like that Marcus is doing push-ups while he talks to her and then poor clumsy Eliza setting the kitchen on fire :D Also great shot of the Partihaus house - it’s a really cool building, I’ve never really played much on that lot but your screenshot is making me want to explore it more!

@lilypadmeulin Welcome to the challenge! Excited to see what you have in store for Jenny! What a cute blonde! Do you have a backstory for her or are you just kind of seeing where this challenge takes you? I think Jules is the only one who hasn’t met Kiyoshi yet haha. I just got SE like a week ago so I’m doing that world next month since I don’t have Realm of Magic.

@Hermitgirl Hahaha winterfest is especially special when you have a good bond with father winter! How long are your seasons? Jules still hasn’t even had one winterfest yet haha. It’s still a ways off too since I have 28 day seasons and I’m only on day 18 of fall and I generally only play one sim day these days.

@Ellupelluellu Ok I read your comment about the pants on Joey and laughed. I have been there with sims and no mosaic LOL. I usually just use MCCC dresser and give them an outfit from another category so they aren’t partially nude for a screenshot. Melody continues to have great facial expressions. I can’t even imagine how dramatic she would be if you had parenthood lol

@SoulGal7 looking forward to Sakura’s party! Who’s gonna be on the guest list?
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    Hey all, I'm still around. Been very poorly and now our baby has it too, it's been very difficult and I am so easily fatigued it's unreal how much it's taken out of me. I haven't been able to play but still hoping to join in once we fully recuperate.

Mini update with River was that he finished Leader of the Pack, on 5th Feb but I used his closest group of friends to help with that. It may be a long while until I can endure let alone enjoy playing Sims again, I hope you and your loved all stay safe and warm.
    edited February 2021
    @permanentrose
    Thank you! I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. :) The dancing and DJ skills are so much fun! I can't wait to see what her club members think of the hangout. I'm thinking they'll meet there during the week, because of school, and on weekends go out to a nightclub to show off their moves.

I like your idea for contacting Josh, and I've had a similar idea. I have something else in mind though that I've been working on you'll see in a post very soon. ;) Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it! :)

Can't wait to find out what you have in mind for them, I'm sure it'll be great! :)

Yeah, her hair just caught me off guard in my sleep deprived state. :D That's the very reason I prefer playing just one Sim most of the time. I'm a big control freak, so unless a challenge requires autonomy on, I usually micromanage all my Sims. As you can imagine, that gets tough after awhile. I just want all the Sims I play to be successful and that's hard to do if you don't control them. Sims don't have the best ideas when left to run wild on their own! o.O

@SoulGal7
    Aww, so sweet of Joaquin to come help Sakura move things around to make room for her new DJ booth! Oooo, a party eh? That sounds like a fun idea! Since she'll be DJing, she'll get tips from all the party members too. Nice that he helped her with homework too and that she made the two of them dinner. Joaquin is being such a great big brother to her! She has some great friends.

Bummer about the bills though. o.O Wow, that's a lot. Have you thought about putting the Geothermal and Natural Spring water traits on the lot? I think both of those make sense for living on an island. Tessa had those lot traits in SE to help cut down the bills. I'm thinking I might do that for VT's lot in Windenburg too. Excited for the party! Great update! :)

@Skeilah
    Thank you! VT was actually having a "Don't look at me!" mortified mood swing so I used it to imply she's missing Josh. Speaking of which, I need to either lock the doors to her house or take back Josh's key. He comes over ALL the time, even when she's at school. VT will come home and find books and dishes lying around and sometimes the woodstove has been lit too. That could be dangerous. o.O

Plus, a couple times while she was practicing on the DJ booth, she would get a tip and I'm like, what? How'd that happen? I'd look around the house to see who was there and sure enough there was Josh upstairs playing a video game or something. :D

Yay! Congrats on finishing the aspiration already! This is actually an easy one to complete so I'm taking my time with it. There's a lot of days left in the month. :) I figured Johnny joined because of the need to be with them while investigating, and I was confident the last member would be Eliza.

Ah, well that all makes sense about the Yuka/Paolo situation. Glad Marcus is trying to make him see he doesn't have a prayer with her. ;)

Day 9: Whoa, that's a big house! I forgot how big it was since it's gone in my save, all premades and their houses are gone in mine. I think Bryon should've told Eliza about his Dad. Including his name and any jobs he had, hobbies etc. I mean, if he hasn't already done that. It might help with the investigation. All they have now is that letter and that's not much to go by, unless it has fingerprints or something. Bummer about the fire! :D Anyway, great update, I hope Eliza can help them find Randi soon.

@Ellupelluellu
    Ah okay, thanks for letting me know. I can imagine it is easy to collect points with a club like that. :) I love that wedding set-up! It's so pretty! Since that's a special lot, did you need to use a cheat to do it? I've never tried doing anything there, so maybe all you need is the freebuild cheat? Just curious... Thanks about VT's club hangout, I love it! :) And nope, she hasn't forgotten about Josh, not one bit. She thinks about him constantly and how she can contact him.

Day 6: Glad someone bought Melody's painting and she was able to jam it in that little package. :D HAHA Looks like Knox was having a bit of trouble with the coffee machine. Oh man, too funny seeing Marcus (or is that Dominic? I get them mixed up) as a Greeter and Don as a waiter in that restaurant!

Day 7: So funny with the "YOU again?" from Joey. :D Oh Wow, that fishing shot is just gorgeous! Ugh! That's the only bad thing about putting electronics outside if you have Seasons, they always break. Well, at least she'll get her handiness skill up that way, eh? ;)

@Hermitgirl
    My original idea for this challenge was to just post one pic a day, period. But then I got all caught up in telling a story with VT and it snowballed from there. Opps! :o I don't think I could just post only one at this point. But I know it's an option if I get too behind. I think I might cut back a little with so many pics everyday though too. It's a bit overwhelming trying to do that at times. Oh well...

Thanks about the plant display, I love doing stuff like that and I LOVE clutter! VT's house would have much more than she already does if I had more time to play. ;) Roxanne's garden is so beautiful already, everybody's gardens are wonderful. I can see how we all love gardening in this game. All my Sims usually end up with one even if the main focus for them is something else. I can't help myself, it's just so fun having one. :)

Day 8: Ah yes, Winterfest. That's coming up for VT soon too. She's just started the last week of Fall. I'm really not looking forward to it without Josh. But hopefully she can spend it with her new friends so at least she won't be alone. HAHA Oh man, that last screenshot... like Ellupelluellu said, once you see it (and have a dirty mind, like I do), you can't unsee it. So funny!

@Kanindota
    I'm so sorry you're feeling so awful and sad to hear now your baby has it too. :( Just take care of yourself and your family. This challenge can wait! Your health and the health of your family is WAY more important! Thanks for the update about River though and Congrats to him for finishing the aspiration! Take care of yourself and stay warm too! *Hugs*

Alrighty, off to tuck Hubby into bed and then play my game! I'll have today's pic and post sometime before Midnight EST. :)
    February - Day 9: Murphy's Law

EsVDmna.png

Notes
    ZDSwaj0.png
    The sink broke last night, but Vanessa was too tired and upset to deal with it. So first thing this morning she tackled the job.

Vo2UlJ8.png
    Her garden needed harvesting too, but there wasn't enough time to do that and eat. The plants could wait until she got home from school.

JZ1fYFH.png
    Oh boy, I knew this was coming. Vanessa had 2079 simoleans in household income left after updating the club hangout. While at school her bills arrived in the whopping amount of 3169 simoleans! Gah! I wasn't too worried about the bills since she usually gets around 3500 from each harvest. She'd have enough to cover those bills easily.

Plus, look who stopped by for a visit. Hi Josh, lookin' good handsome! *waves* He can't get in the house though because I locked the doors, so he waited outside for Vanessa to get home from school. He left though before she got back.

4kMzX08.png
    GAHHHHH! Dangit Maxis fix the freakin' gardening bug already! I'm SO sick of this. It's the second time it's happened since I started this challenge January 1st. ALL her plants, except two she'd just planted and her Snapdragons reverted to dirt clumps before Vanessa could get out there to harvest them. She got 69 simoleans for the Snapdragons. Great, just great...

Thankfully, Vanessa had some stuff in her personal inventory she could sell; some upgrade parts, plants she was going to use for fertilizer, her special snowboard, and an element she found in the yard after a thunderstorm. After selling all that, she paid the bills and was left with 550 simoleans to her name. Since it's the game's fault and not Vanessa's, I cheated to bring all the plants back to a blossoming state of growth. She should get a harvest out of them the next day.

NPQOJfi.png
    She was hungry, but the fridge was empty, of course. After cleaning out the empty dishes and washing them in the sink, it broke. *sigh*

oxQpv4X.png
    And Gee Whiz, guess what? Now she's sick too! There wasn't a moodlet for it though so I didn't buy her any medicine. She'll just have to ride it out if it ever manifests.

r3G3TZT.png
    By now her fun was in the red, so making any food would have to wait. With no Josh around to uh, fill up her fun, the next best thing is video games. That did the trick!

iLysuSf.png
    Don't cut yourself, don't cut yourself, PLEASE don't cut yourself....she didn't. *whew*

35kUVKU.png
    Normally Vanessa has a routine of doing her homework outside at the picnic table. She couldn't do that tonight though. Why?

EtTvhbi.png
    Apparently during the same thunderstorm that gave her the element she just sold, lightening also hit and destroyed the picnic table. Plus, she can't afford to replace it right now either. Thanks again Maxis! Grrrrr!

WJsdvvP.png
    Vanessa got a call from Damon asking her if she wanted to go to the Motive Trials with him. Not a good idea for a couple reasons. 1. I've sent Sims to do that event in the past and all it does is make ALL their needs go down into the red zone. I've had some almost die because of it. 2. Her sickness is now full blown. See the swirly red spots? Lovely! Don't up chuck all over your homework Vanessa!

HMXQxoW.png
    I broke down and had her buy some medicine. She deserves it after the nightmare of the last two days she's had. That did the trick.

G0PPFly.png
    Just to be safe since it was getting late anyway, Vanessa went to bed after that and thus ends this 'wonderful' day.
    @Karababy52
    It just looked like such a fun challenge, I couldn't help myself! And I agree with you, even minor successes make you feel proud when you're playing Rags to Riches. Thanks also for the compliments about Jenny! I had so much fun reading your post, poor VaTessa getting so sick!

@permanentrose
    I don't have a backstory for Jenny planned out yet, and I don't think I ever did. She was just this very sweet girl I started a lot of challenges with who falls in love really easily - to give you a clue, her first husband was Travis Scott. I'm so excited you got Snowy Escape, it's so fun and it's got so many little fun activities and beautiful sights! And, of course, Simmis, which are adorable. I love having a new and exciting collection to try and finish!

@Kanindota

I hope that you and your family recover soon. Sending many well wishes your way, and wishing the best for all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top