Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Have Aging Turned On For Your Townies?

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    For saves where I'm testing a new pack, I turn off aging for everyone so I can play with all the features without having to feel time pressed. I don't like to put a new pack into my main legacy save until I've thoroughly explored it. When I'm playing my main save, I turn aging off and on as the need arises. I use MCCC, so townies are always having babies and after a couple of crops have been born, I'll turn aging on for a few days to let them age up. I play on a long lifespan and still turn off aging at times because I like for my kids and teens to have plenty of time to develop skills, make friends, etc. I do eventually let my main couple die and go on playing the kids, but it always makes me a little sad. That's why the originals as YAs will forever live in my library. Ha. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited February 2021
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    In my challenge/legacy saves it's on for all. In my mainsave aging is off for all.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I keep aging on. I also have MCC settings so that the townies get married and have kids so basically I have over 10 generations of the townie descendants in my save :'D
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    No - Active Households Only
    I play a randomized rotation of all households, both my own and premade. Outside of special houses that have aging off completely, which are ones that I made recreations of video game characters I like, everyone just ages when I get to them. Which will likely lead to some interesting age bubbles, such as Lucas Munch now being a teen alongside Morgan Fyres and Wolfgang being a Young Adult now, but hey.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I cannot imagine not having the world change with my Sims. Thank God for MCCC so they actually do things instead of just growing old and dying without jobs or families of their own.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Way back when there was story progression, I kept aging on for everyone. It was interesting seeing the world change as my Sims grew, having kids' friends grow up with them, having new kids to grow up with their kids. Sure they had wacky personalities and outfits, but they were related to existing Sims. They were part of the save's canon.

In Sims 4, we get random Sims who are (mostly) fully grown, with no relationships or connections to existing Sims. They aren't born and raised in a house, and if the existing pre-mades die, all we've got left is random. So I don't have aging on for townies. I let the pre-mades live their neighborly lives, and they don't age until they marry into my main family. Whoever I take, I set their family as played, and they get to finish up their lives properly.

As for the randomized townies, now and then I go and deal with the whole bunch. Ones with the same last names I often stick in a household together and make relationships for them. Sometimes I put all the crazies/evils in one household and place that household in a nice asylum I made (If there are more than 8, I may change their personalities or straight up delete them). Speaking of deleting, sometimes I just delete them. The game will make more anyway.

But back to the point. I want to keep the Sims who have stories and relationships around, so I leave aging off, unless I'm playing them.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I chose both because I turn it on and off when I feel the need. But that applies to my played households and active too. I'll turn all aging on, turn it completely off, turn it on for just townies, then maybe just played households, etc.. I've probably had it on all scenarios many times.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Yes - All Households
    Using MCCC there is story progression, I want sims in my saves to have backgrounds, marriages, kids and jobs, eventually age and die like real life.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    For all of my active households, I'm terribly attached so I wouldn't even think of being in a rotation away from a big event happening, like marriage or having babies. I usually let them go and age up after a couple rounds of Potion of Youth, or in the cases of spellcasters a Regeneration potion to keep them at their current age. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    No - MY SIMS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!
    I actually have all my households marked as played, so no townies really. I don't allow random families moving in, so I have just the premades and my own Sims. I age everyone up when it fits the storyline. I haven't killed anyone....yet.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited February 2021
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I switch it on when I feel like they're falling behind compared to my played households. I play rotationally, so this is pretty much the only way I can do it.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I have aging turned on for all sims in my world. I always start with a founder or two, then marry, have kids, and move on to the next generation. So for me, it's really important that the townies age up alongside my sims.

I make all my sims. I use NPCC to completely stop sims from generating, and I use MCCC to add story progression to my world. Every time a sim in my world ages up, I give them a makeover. It can be a little tedious (made easier with MCCC notifications) but it's worth it to me.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I used to have the townies age, but then I got Get Together and didn't want the clubs to die out so I turned aging off for them. I then got a new computer and started a new save and have been playing with aging off for unplayed Sims, but on for my played households. I also changed the lifespan setting to long. I prefer having my neighbourhoods filled with Sims.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yes - All Households
    Hit the wrong button. Should have selected: No - My Sims will Live forever. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes - All Households
    I do but sometimes it's a little annoying when someone randomly dies and then my Sim is like sad for the whole day and can't do anything. But I don't mind it since it's more realistic.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    When i play a challenge , normal aging rules apply unless stated otherwise. When I played 100 babies onlyvthe active household aged so all the original townies were available as Daddies.

I have special saves where noone ages for a long long time but eventually even there a little aging happens, 2 or 3 days there a week maybe later until eventually the new generation can take over.

Sometimes i run out of ideas for my sims but i dont want them to age so i stop playing that save but i know i can open it to look at them for awhile if i miss them. They are the closest to living forever i have.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I love to play challenges, so it really depends on the rules of whichever one I'm playing at the current time. If I'm not playing a challenge I usually have aging off for everyone or just townies. Most of my townies are my own created Sims I've 'retired' after playing with them. I love seeing them around the worlds doing their thing exactly the same age as when I put them in the save. They are also there for my current Sim to make friends with or for potential spouses. A few of them are also Sims given to me as gifts or are from someone else's challenge that I was involved in and downloaded their Sims.

If I'm playing a challenge that requires aging on for everyone, I'll use a 'new' save instead of one of my custom save templates with my own Sims and the others so I don't have to see them age. As for game generated townies, I really couldn't care less what happens to them. They're just background noise and I delete most of them before every gameplay session anyway. A few might escape the chopping block if they look halfway decent. In that case they get a makeover and put in one of my custom save templates. Most of these are service Sims such as; mail carriers, gym trainers, mixologists, etc.
  • DNvoxxDNvoxx Posts: 5 New Member
    Normal lie3span and aging for all households and NPC's I like to keep life moving on.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I only age up my households and maybe a few other sims involved in their story.

I have an irrational fear of my townies dying, then their houses being filled with pearshaped, eyeball ring and glove wearing, young adults dressing like 60 year olds :grimace:
    giphy.gif
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes - All Households
    Yes. No one escapes aging (except for vampires, obviously). xD
  • OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    Currently I have aging turned off for everyone but when i first started playing this save I had townies aging off because the premade sim I picked to play was still a child and there were a few other premades that I was thinking he would make a good match with but I didn’t want them to age up while I was waiting for him to become a YA. Now my sim is a YA and he ended up with a premade I didn’t plan for him to be with but it was such a twist I went with it and then I turned aging off for everyone because I have some things I need to set up with my family’s new addition before I can turn aging on again.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I have it turned off but i plan on changing it so that my sims and their friends dont age up, while most of the other townies do. I want to play my sims according to my own pace when it comes to aging them up, and i need their friends to age around the same time, but i dont really care that much about most of the other sims in the background :D
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No - MY SIMS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!
    I prefer to play The Sims 4 more like The Sims 2, where the townies didn't age unless I manually played them. If it had an open world, I'd probably be more in favor of having all townies age together.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Both - EXPLAIN!
    I play rotational, so I have one anchor lot I turn on aging townies. Any other time, I only have aging activated on my current household. In that way, everyone grows up together.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I replaced all the premades, so I'm attached to them now.

I will say I'm glad we have options because I know not everyone liked that Sims 2 setup.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01